Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Building site noise on a sunday 09:44 - Dec 3 with 6502 viewsRangersDave

Hi chaps,
I think ive done someone wrong in a past life......maybe i liked Mark Hately or something.

Anyway, some advice again please.....this morning opposite my house less than 50ft away the developers of a school, Wilmott Dixon, started work at 7.45 on a Sunday!!!

They agreed to the council during the planning meeting that they would only work Monday to Saturday and have obviously gone against this.

We are on an I adopted road and are currently blocking access into the site, but not from it as an affirmative action thing, and are awaiting the police as the developers are saying we cannot block it due to emergency vehicle access that could be required if something goes wrong.

Well, we are sitting here just watching for vehicles wanting to leave and emergency vehicles wanting to come into the cul de sac.

Wilmott Dixon just say ‘we have to finish the job’ but beeping lorries, road rollers, staff shouting, etc at 7.45 is no joke on a Sunday. Ive video’s it ll and the noise continues and its now 9.42 am.

Just waiting for the police they say they have called, as i would hope the old bill would say ‘hey its a unsay and you cannot be doing this, please close down or i’ll Feel your collar’ to them.

Or at least i can have my say to the authorities, who wont be available on a sunday.

Any thoughts or advice please?
Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Building site noise on a sunday on 17:53 - Dec 3 with 2276 viewseghamranger

What part of the country are you in?

It’s shocking that this happens, no one from the council is interested, the old bill still hadn’t arrived 5 hours later.

What’s going on with this country? And Theresa May 😡 wants to build hundreds of more houses countrywide.
Building site noise on a sunday on 18:18 - Dec 3 with 2239 viewsPunteR

Building site noise on a sunday on 17:26 - Dec 3 by Lblock

The damages per week on my job are £23k a week

Of course as a Contractor we are going to “push the envelope” if / where we can and I’d imagine here’s the LAD clause will be another significant lump of miner per week or part there of

What I do know is in the City of London and it’s Central boroughs we don’t feck about with the councils. It kills you long term

nature of the beast
No one wants their lives disrupted. Until of course they want building work done.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Building site noise on a sunday on 18:49 - Dec 3 with 2193 viewsPunteR

Lets be honest no one wanted to be there on a sunday.

Building site noise on a sunday on 18:58 - Dec 3 with 2178 viewsBoston

A slight deviation from the thread but ....early on in my American experience I took on a project downtown which ran into union trouble(usual thing, they don't like independents working on city centre jobs). Gave me and the boys real grief for a few days before we decided we'd had enough. Noting the prominent faces among our agitators, we followed them after work to see where they parked their vehicles. Anyway, couple of days later the demonstrators returned from their day of abusing us to find their modes of transport in varying degrees of distress. They got the message, we were able to come to an amicable agreement.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Building site noise on a sunday on 19:15 - Dec 3 with 2159 viewsRangersDave

Building site noise on a sunday on 17:53 - Dec 3 by eghamranger

What part of the country are you in?

It’s shocking that this happens, no one from the council is interested, the old bill still hadn’t arrived 5 hours later.

What’s going on with this country? And Theresa May 😡 wants to build hundreds of more houses countrywide.

Im in Liverpool mate.

A councillor is on the case along with a solicitor, and it’s now 7.13pm and they are still working and creating noise.

And it’s 10 hours since the assault and still no Dibble visit.

I might move to the country and buy a pair of purdy’s, and I don’t mean Joanne Lumley’s!......... second thoughts. Maybe I do. Lol

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Building site noise on a sunday on 19:23 - Dec 3 with 2138 views2Thomas2Bowles

Get some video of them still working with the time if you can.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Building site noise on a sunday on 19:25 - Dec 3 with 2136 viewsPunteR

Building site noise on a sunday on 19:15 - Dec 3 by RangersDave

Im in Liverpool mate.

A councillor is on the case along with a solicitor, and it’s now 7.13pm and they are still working and creating noise.

And it’s 10 hours since the assault and still no Dibble visit.

I might move to the country and buy a pair of purdy’s, and I don’t mean Joanne Lumley’s!......... second thoughts. Maybe I do. Lol

blimey mate, theyre still working? What a mess they're in.
unless they're making the most of the double bubble.. xmas and all that.

Building site noise on a sunday on 19:35 - Dec 3 with 2126 viewsPunteR

Building site noise on a sunday on 19:23 - Dec 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Get some video of them still working with the time if you can.

scousers working? Yeh better take a photo of that.

evidence of course
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 19:37]

Login to get fewer ads

Building site noise on a sunday on 20:57 - Dec 3 with 2059 viewsRangersDave

Lol, i’ll Try ;-)

Just been outside and they have gone home, so at least 12 hours on site on a Sunday making noise right outside my door and having a member of staff assault me!

Lovely

[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 21:02]

Building site noise on a sunday on 21:18 - Dec 3 with 2024 viewseghamranger

Building site noise on a sunday on 20:57 - Dec 3 by RangersDave

Lol, i’ll Try ;-)

Just been outside and they have gone home, so at least 12 hours on site on a Sunday making noise right outside my door and having a member of staff assault me!

Lovely

Glad to see you still have a sense of humour.

I’m surprised the builders haven’t nicked your trainers and hub caps......

I’m also surprised people haven’t said “ calm down calm down”

Some good advice on here though... well done all.
Building site noise on a sunday on 21:19 - Dec 3 with 2024 viewsShotKneesHoop

Building site noise on a sunday on 20:57 - Dec 3 by RangersDave

Lol, i’ll Try ;-)

Lovely

Ask for a year's council tax refund at the very least.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Building site noise on a sunday on 21:21 - Dec 3 with 2022 viewsLblock

Building site noise on a sunday on 19:25 - Dec 3 by PunteR

blimey mate, theyre still working? What a mess they're in.
unless they're making the most of the double bubble.. xmas and all that.

You want to hear about a project in a mess?

This one I'm involved in at the moment... the Contracts Manager actually put word out that he'd open the site Christmas Day and New Years Day IF enough people said they'd come in!!!
Also said we'd put people up over the festive period to make sure our AHU lift goes ahead inbetween the two days

Years gone by I'd of stressed to the max, now my tears are of laughter, as were those of the subbies.

A few of us will be looking for ew positions in 2018 !!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Building site noise on a sunday on 21:24 - Dec 3 with 2016 viewsShotKneesHoop

Private Eye would love to spread the gospel on these shysters, try them. Perfect story for them.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Building site noise on a sunday on 09:35 - Dec 4 with 1913 viewsRangersDave

This mornings update.....

A phone call from Dibble saying that someone will be ringing me form Dibble to arrange a meeting to take a statement. lol

The Lib Dem chap was a star last night as work didn't conclude until 7.30pm apparently breaking at least 2 'laws'.
He wrote directly to the MD of Wilmott Dixon asking if this was acceptable and what he taught in the Wilmott Dixon academy!

Nothing re direct contact from Wilmott Dixon at all in the last 24 hours.

Lovely :-

Oh and my eye is hurting today so its off the the docs for me!
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 9:36]

Building site noise on a sunday on 10:46 - Dec 4 with 1855 views2Thomas2Bowles

Building site noise on a sunday on 09:35 - Dec 4 by RangersDave

This mornings update.....

A phone call from Dibble saying that someone will be ringing me form Dibble to arrange a meeting to take a statement. lol

The Lib Dem chap was a star last night as work didn't conclude until 7.30pm apparently breaking at least 2 'laws'.
He wrote directly to the MD of Wilmott Dixon asking if this was acceptable and what he taught in the Wilmott Dixon academy!

Nothing re direct contact from Wilmott Dixon at all in the last 24 hours.

Lovely :-

Oh and my eye is hurting today so its off the the docs for me!
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 9:36]

Have you been in touch with your local council?

Building site noise on a sunday on 10:55 - Dec 4 with 1846 viewsRangersDave

Hi mate,

Yes I have, because ironically the building site is for a new council funded school, so they are caught in the headlights.

I know yesterday the Lib Dem councillor deemed it so serious an event that he got the city head lawyer ‘out of bed’ to start writing e-mails to find out what’s wrong.

It’s interesting who will pass the buck on this one.....was it a lone gunman? Was he employed by Wilmott Dixon and was working for Wilmott Dixon, who employs Wilmott Dixon?

Sitting here with a docs appointment for 4.20, with my eye weeping today and throbbing like a throbbing thing.

Shame I’m not on social meeja, or they could have had a sh1t storm of people giving them pelters.
After all don’t forget it wasn’t just me, the guy assaulted my misses too.

Still, I thought Rangers did well on Saturday despite the sending off!

Building site noise on a sunday on 11:02 - Dec 4 with 1836 views2Thomas2Bowles

Building site noise on a sunday on 10:55 - Dec 4 by RangersDave

Hi mate,

Yes I have, because ironically the building site is for a new council funded school, so they are caught in the headlights.

I know yesterday the Lib Dem councillor deemed it so serious an event that he got the city head lawyer ‘out of bed’ to start writing e-mails to find out what’s wrong.

It’s interesting who will pass the buck on this one.....was it a lone gunman? Was he employed by Wilmott Dixon and was working for Wilmott Dixon, who employs Wilmott Dixon?

Sitting here with a docs appointment for 4.20, with my eye weeping today and throbbing like a throbbing thing.

Shame I’m not on social meeja, or they could have had a sh1t storm of people giving them pelters.
After all don’t forget it wasn’t just me, the guy assaulted my misses too.

Still, I thought Rangers did well on Saturday despite the sending off!

I'm glad you are getting support with this, so often "officials" don't give a feck till they want your vote.

Building site noise on a sunday on 15:05 - Dec 4 with 1731 viewsRangersDave

If any of you want to see what the fuss is about at 8.00am in the morning on a Sunday,,,,

Press are round in a bit to interview me. How do i shoehorn anything QPR into the interview ;-)

Building site noise on a sunday on 15:07 - Dec 4 with 1727 views2Thomas2Bowles

Building site noise on a sunday on 15:05 - Dec 4 by RangersDave

If any of you want to see what the fuss is about at 8.00am in the morning on a Sunday,,,,

Press are round in a bit to interview me. How do i shoehorn anything QPR into the interview ;-)

Long-suffering QPR fan..................

Building site noise on a sunday on 15:23 - Dec 4 with 1699 viewsBoston

Building site noise on a sunday on 15:05 - Dec 4 by RangersDave

Usual media discrimination?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Building site noise on a sunday on 15:26 - Dec 4 with 1692 viewsBlackCrowe

Say that the builders aren't leaving early unlike QPR fans.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Building site noise on a sunday on 15:08 - Dec 5 with 1508 viewsShotKneesHoop

Building site noise on a sunday on 15:26 - Dec 4 by BlackCrowe

Say that the builders aren't leaving early unlike QPR fans.

Tell them it's a Redknobb Social Housing Development For Brown Envelope Hunters.

Building site noise on a sunday on 16:28 - Dec 5 with 1456 viewskarl

Don't tell them you're a QPR fan, they'll never believe your weeping eye was from an assault
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024