Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roberto Martinez 18:58 - Dec 23 with 10696 viewsParsSwans

Is officially the man we want then breaking news now Wales Online and various other media outlets
Roberto Martinez on 21:09 - Dec 23 with 1399 viewsjackportis

It would be like dating an ex girlfriend all over again. U think it will work ... it won’t. Leave that in the history books. New chairman needed new vision new style. New people.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Roberto Martinez on 21:13 - Dec 23 with 1374 viewsYossarian

Roberto Martinez on 19:30 - Dec 23 by Phil_S

I was told a couple of months back that we had approached both Roberto and Brendan about the chance of coming back

Brendan wants to continue his work at Celtic (and is reported to have a large severance fee in his new contract) and Roberto's preference was to see out the World Cup with Belgium first. How much truth there is in that I have no idea

Yes I heard Brendan was inches away but changed his mind when he grasped the reality of the American owners.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Roberto Martinez on 21:45 - Dec 23 with 1269 viewswestside

This sounds like progangda put out there by the yanks to deflect attention away from them/jenkins
Roberto Martinez on 21:46 - Dec 23 with 1265 viewsAl_Bundy

Lets get Dobbie back, dig Tate out of retirement and Monk on the coaching staff..

Better still lets see if Devries is available and give a 5 year contract to Adrian Forbes.

Lets get Rangel, Dyer, Routledge and Britton playing regular next season.... oh wait !!
Roberto Martinez on 21:48 - Dec 23 with 1249 viewsmax936

Roberto Martinez on 19:01 - Dec 23 by exiledclaseboy

I would love it for various reasons, not least because the bloke is a f*cking legend in my eyes as both a player and a manager, despite the classless manner in which he left But it would also piss DrWoB off no end which is always a bonus. Make it so.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2017 19:03]

Fuking hell, I want him absolutely no where near us . fuk my eyes.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Roberto Martinez on 22:05 - Dec 23 with 1198 viewsSwanseajill

Roberto Martinez on 21:48 - Dec 23 by max936

Fuking hell, I want him absolutely no where near us . fuk my eyes.

I would welcome him back in a heartbeat.

Everyone says things in the spur of the moment...like " they would have to drag me away from this club" or "we have to trust the board"
Happens in life all the time when you could kick yourself for talking before thinking. I've done it more than once, but not on TV.

One of the few decent managers we have had, who was so disliked because he felt drawn to another club he loved, and dismissed Swansea where he was loved by the fans.

Can't see it happening though.
Roberto Martinez on 22:31 - Dec 23 with 1127 viewsRancid

Roberto Martinez on 22:05 - Dec 23 by Swanseajill

Everyone says things in the spur of the moment...like " they would have to drag me away from this club" or "we have to trust the board"
Happens in life all the time when you could kick yourself for talking before thinking. I've done it more than once, but not on TV.

One of the few decent managers we have had, who was so disliked because he felt drawn to another club he loved, and dismissed Swansea where he was loved by the fans.

He took our best players and staff with him too which made it worse.Infact he decimated the club and if it wasn't for good fortune and Brendan Rodgers we might have gone down a completely different path.

He cared not one iota for Swansea City and anything we may have learned from him was for the benefit of Roberto Martinez and we were his platform for doing it before he decided we weren't good enough for him anymore and off he went.

The romance of him turning us into a beautiful passing team was fantastic and served us well but it was for his own personal progression as a manager and he was pretty ruthless too.I can remember us begging him not to take Ash I think it was to Wigan with him and a gentleman's agreement was reached but if he had his own way he'd have ripped us apart beyond repair to further his career.

Never should he have the privilege again.
Roberto Martinez on 22:33 - Dec 23 with 1121 viewsDarran

Roberto Martinez on 22:05 - Dec 23 by Swanseajill

He didn’t say it the spur of the moment though it was a very calculated comment.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Roberto Martinez on 22:37 - Dec 23 with 1100 viewsexiledclaseboy

Roberto Martinez on 22:33 - Dec 23 by Darran

He didn’t say it the spur of the moment though it was a very calculated comment.

Of course it was. Martinez is out for himself. Just like Rodgers, Laudrup, Jenkins, Dineen, van Zweden et al. It’s only us fans who care unequivocally. I’d have Martinez back here in a heartbeat. Although if I’m honest Rodgers is still my first choice.

Poll: Tory leader

Roberto Martinez on 22:40 - Dec 23 with 1073 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 22:37 - Dec 23 by exiledclaseboy

Of course it was. Martinez is out for himself. Just like Rodgers, Laudrup, Jenkins, Dineen, van Zweden et al. It’s only us fans who care unequivocally. I’d have Martinez back here in a heartbeat. Although if I’m honest Rodgers is still my first choice.

I’ve got to say, I don’t really care if our next manager is a backstabbing weasel. If he gets us winning games and playing good football again, I’ll be happy,

The whole Martinez exit thing made a lot of us fans more cynical and probably more realistic in terms of players/managers relationships with clubs.
Roberto Martinez on 22:44 - Dec 23 with 1041 viewsLord_Bony

Roberto Martinez on 19:11 - Dec 23 by GeoffThom

I can see him coming after World Cup but not now ,unless he takes on advisory role with Britton thoshack angel and curt holding the ship or even Jones holding the ship till after the World Cup ,it’s the kind of crazy thing Jenkins would do?

We need to get back to our roots and the swansea way.

That would be the perfect combo.

Make it so.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Roberto Martinez on 22:47 - Dec 23 with 1022 viewsSwanseajill

Roberto Martinez on 22:40 - Dec 23 by jack247

I’ve got to say, I don’t really care if our next manager is a backstabbing weasel. If he gets us winning games and playing good football again, I’ll be happy,

The whole Martinez exit thing made a lot of us fans more cynical and probably more realistic in terms of players/managers relationships with clubs.

Yes, I'm more interested in what he achieved while he was here than what he did when he was leaving.
Roberto Martinez on 22:50 - Dec 23 with 1003 viewsRancid

Roberto Martinez on 22:40 - Dec 23 by jack247

But then we had Brendan who from the start made it clear he'd be off if the right job came his way.It just happened to be Liverpool and he had the decency to help the club by inserting that clause before going.

He paid us 15m for Joe Allen and took Pascoe with him and giving us Shelvey too.He really did help us even though he left.

Martinez left for Wigan Athletic and trampled all over us in the process.

Football's a cutthroat business I know and loyalty is not part of the game but there's different levels and Martinez raised the bar to silly levels.
Roberto Martinez on 23:00 - Dec 23 with 950 viewsRancid

Jeez time really is a good healer
Roberto Martinez on 23:03 - Dec 23 with 937 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 22:50 - Dec 23 by Rancid

But then we had Brendan who from the start made it clear he'd be off if the right job came his way.It just happened to be Liverpool and he had the decency to help the club by inserting that clause before going.

He paid us 15m for Joe Allen and took Pascoe with him and giving us Shelvey too.He really did help us even though he left.

Martinez left for Wigan Athletic and trampled all over us in the process.

Football's a cutthroat business I know and loyalty is not part of the game but there's different levels and Martinez raised the bar to silly levels.

The whole episode really left a bitter taste for a long time.

It made me realise though, that whatever players and managers say, or even believe at the time, they are ultimately out for themselves.
Roberto Martinez on 23:07 - Dec 23 with 915 viewsRancid

Roberto Martinez on 23:03 - Dec 23 by jack247

It made me realise though, that whatever players and managers say, or even believe at the time, they are ultimately out for themselves.

It was like 911 or when Diana died.I remember exactly where I was and was dumbfounded,Just as we were flourishing he had it away on his toes.It was difficult to comprehend and the first time I'd experienced betrayal in football like that.Christ it hurt.
Roberto Martinez on 23:07 - Dec 23 with 914 viewsexiledclaseboy

And once you realise that it all becomes easier to accept. Martinez ripping the heart out of the club when he left was devastating. I hated him. But as someone said, time heals and pragmatism rules.

Roberto Martinez on 23:09 - Dec 23 with 903 viewsSwanseajill

And your last paragraph is human nature of most people...If it gives yourself and your family a better life.
Roberto Martinez on 23:10 - Dec 23 with 894 viewsGaryjack

Roberto Martinez on 19:03 - Dec 23 by 34dfgdf54

Only willing to take the job after World Cup, we’ll be in the Championship. Not going to happen.

But that's his level at club management so maybe it will!
Roberto Martinez on 23:14 - Dec 23 with 865 viewsItchySphincter

All this sh!t about what Martinez achieved here?! Kenny the Hamster was a pelanty kick away. This cloob made the waiter, not the other way around.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2017 23:15]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Roberto Martinez on 23:18 - Dec 23 with 839 viewsRancid

Roberto Martinez on 23:14 - Dec 23 by ItchySphincter

All this sh!t about what Martinez achieved here?! Kenny the Hamster was a pelanty kick away. This cloob made the waiter, not the other way around.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2017 23:15]

We sacked Kenny though so that makes it ok.Its when they leave us for another does it hurt the most.Brendan negotiated it brilliantly so there's a welcome here for him anytime.
Roberto Martinez on 23:20 - Dec 23 with 823 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 23:07 - Dec 23 by Rancid

It was like 911 or when Diana died.I remember exactly where I was and was dumbfounded,Just as we were flourishing he had it away on his toes.It was difficult to comprehend and the first time I'd experienced betrayal in football like that.Christ it hurt.

Yes, it was exactly like that.

It was a massive eye opener too though, or at least it was for me. There’s no point getting invested in any players or managers, no matter who they are or what they have done for the club. They are just the same as you and me, doing a job and the vast majority will move on if something better comes along.
Roberto Martinez on 23:21 - Dec 23 with 823 viewsDarran

Roberto Martinez on 23:18 - Dec 23 by Rancid

We sacked Kenny though so that makes it ok.Its when they leave us for another does it hurt the most.Brendan negotiated it brilliantly so there's a welcome here for him anytime.

Kenny wasn’t sacked he resigned.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Roberto Martinez on 23:27 - Dec 23 with 795 viewsexiledclaseboy

Roberto Martinez on 23:21 - Dec 23 by Darran

Lol

Roberto Martinez on 23:28 - Dec 23 with 792 viewsRancid

Roberto Martinez on 23:21 - Dec 23 by Darran

An honourable man indeed,.Clement should have followed his lead
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024