Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Odds of postponing? 17:00 - Mar 1 with 20221 viewsKinsey

My mate who works for sky sports was due down from Scotland to work on the Scarlets game on Saturday, but he’s just told me it’s called off.

What are the odds of our game going ahead?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2018 17:02]
Odds of postponing? on 16:42 - Mar 2 with 2256 viewsjack247

Odds of postponing? on 16:09 - Mar 2 by JBT95

It would be one extra game on top of what we have already.

To this date, we have no outstanding fixtures.

Southampton is to be rearranged yes, but this would have been the case anyway as they have progressed.

Playing the game Sunday wouldn't cause massive issues.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2018 16:10]

Yes, we are already going to have to play one extra midweek fixture than most of our rivals. If we beat Spurs, it’s two, if we reach the final, it’s three. We don’t want a league game added to that.

Playing it Sunday would be fine. I think it’s quite rare games are called off late and rearranged for the following day though.
Odds of postponing? on 16:49 - Mar 2 with 2219 viewsPapaLazarou

Odds of postponing? on 16:42 - Mar 2 by jack247

Yes, we are already going to have to play one extra midweek fixture than most of our rivals. If we beat Spurs, it’s two, if we reach the final, it’s three. We don’t want a league game added to that.

Playing it Sunday would be fine. I think it’s quite rare games are called off late and rearranged for the following day though.

Can't think of one occasion where a game has been postponed and then been played the following day. There's a whole host of logistical reasons why this can't happen (mostly around media staff not being able to attend, but also police, etc)

Pie in the sky fantasy.
Odds of postponing? on 16:53 - Mar 2 with 2207 viewsJBT95

Odds of postponing? on 16:42 - Mar 2 by jack247

If we beat Spurs and make the semi yes we will have another rearranged game on top of Southampton.. in the form of Man City away, yes.

If we won the semi we wouldn't have another rearranged game because of the final as it is after the league campaign ends.

The 4 fixtures below are the only remaining ties as the rest for the FA Cup Quarters have been rearranged -

AFC Bournemouth v West Bromwich Albion
Huddersfield Town v Crystal Palace
Stoke City v Everton
Liverpool v Watford

So the likes of Brighton, Newcastle, West Ham also have games that are to be rearranged that are out of the cup, but also Southampton who we are in direct comparison with at the moment.
Odds of postponing? on 16:54 - Mar 2 with 2202 viewsJBT95

Odds of postponing? on 16:49 - Mar 2 by PapaLazarou

Can't think of one occasion where a game has been postponed and then been played the following day. There's a whole host of logistical reasons why this can't happen (mostly around media staff not being able to attend, but also police, etc)

Pie in the sky fantasy.

I can think of plenty, mainly Champions / Europa League and international games, but the point remains.

Exeter rugby has been postponed by a day or two this weekend as well.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2018 16:55]
Odds of postponing? on 17:00 - Mar 2 with 2172 viewsMoscowJack

Odds of postponing? on 12:30 - Mar 2 by TNT

Remember going down to The Vetch for a Saturday game with Watford, back in the day, only to be told it was off. Sure that was played on the Sunday - only time I've known it to happen to us, I think.

Was that the first Sunday game we ever played and lost it 3-0 or 3-1, I think?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Odds of postponing? on 17:00 - Mar 2 with 2167 viewsDarran

Odds of postponing? on 16:49 - Mar 2 by PapaLazarou

Pie in the sky fantasy.

It happened last season at the Etihad for a CL game.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Odds of postponing? on 17:06 - Mar 2 with 2129 viewsjack247

Odds of postponing? on 16:53 - Mar 2 by JBT95

If we beat Spurs and make the semi yes we will have another rearranged game on top of Southampton.. in the form of Man City away, yes.

If we won the semi we wouldn't have another rearranged game because of the final as it is after the league campaign ends.

The 4 fixtures below are the only remaining ties as the rest for the FA Cup Quarters have been rearranged -

AFC Bournemouth v West Bromwich Albion
Huddersfield Town v Crystal Palace
Stoke City v Everton
Liverpool v Watford

So the likes of Brighton, Newcastle, West Ham also have games that are to be rearranged that are out of the cup, but also Southampton who we are in direct comparison with at the moment.

Fair point about the final.

I assume the point you are making about Man City away is that we are likely to lose anyway? If so, it’s not the point. That game will affect the weekend games either side of it.

Even with only 4 games going ahead next weekend, it’s a slight advantage to 5 of our rivals. No issues there, it’s the price you pay for a cup run, but let’s not make it worse.

If West Ham can get here and the access to stadium itself is safe, then the game should go ahead. If their fans, or some of our exiles struggle, it’s unfortunate, but not enough of a reason to postpone.
Odds of postponing? on 17:09 - Mar 2 with 2111 viewsJBT95

Odds of postponing? on 17:06 - Mar 2 by jack247

Fair point about the final.

I assume the point you are making about Man City away is that we are likely to lose anyway? If so, it’s not the point. That game will affect the weekend games either side of it.

Even with only 4 games going ahead next weekend, it’s a slight advantage to 5 of our rivals. No issues there, it’s the price you pay for a cup run, but let’s not make it worse.

If West Ham can get here and the access to stadium itself is safe, then the game should go ahead. If their fans, or some of our exiles struggle, it’s unfortunate, but not enough of a reason to postpone.

No I am not saying about the Man City game being a write off, I am just alluding that the FA Cup as it stands now will only postpone one more match. Should it need to be postponed, that game is almost certain to be played in the week leading up to the last day of the season anyway.

Yes, I would think the games goes ahead if West Ham can make it but thought should also be given to the fans.

Btw it's snowing pretty intensively in Newport atm.
Login to get fewer ads

Odds of postponing? on 17:32 - Mar 2 with 2037 viewsTNT

Odds of postponing? on 17:00 - Mar 2 by MoscowJack

Was that the first Sunday game we ever played and lost it 3-0 or 3-1, I think?

I'm sure it was our first Sunday game.

Just done a bit of digging, the date was Sun 6th Feb 1983,

Latchford scored ours, Blissett (2) and Barnes theirs.

Where did those 35 years go?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Odds of postponing? on 17:51 - Mar 2 with 1980 viewsjack247

Odds of postponing? on 17:09 - Mar 2 by JBT95

No I am not saying about the Man City game being a write off, I am just alluding that the FA Cup as it stands now will only postpone one more match. Should it need to be postponed, that game is almost certain to be played in the week leading up to the last day of the season anyway.

Yes, I would think the games goes ahead if West Ham can make it but thought should also be given to the fans.

Btw it's snowing pretty intensively in Newport atm.

Ok, let’s strip it back.

Do you think it should be postponed if people East of Cardiff can’t get there?
Odds of postponing? on 17:53 - Mar 2 with 1971 viewsJackfath

Odds of postponing? on 17:51 - Mar 2 by jack247

Ok, let’s strip it back.

WTF?!

Haven't read the thread, but is that what's being suggested?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Odds of postponing? on 18:02 - Mar 2 with 1931 viewslondonlisa2001

Odds of postponing? on 17:51 - Mar 2 by jack247

Ok, let’s strip it back.

Only if the people East of Cardiff who can't get there are the West Ham team.

Even then...

3 nil to us - lovely :-)
Odds of postponing? on 18:07 - Mar 2 with 1893 viewsjack247

Odds of postponing? on 17:53 - Mar 2 by Jackfath

WTF?!

Haven't read the thread, but is that what's being suggested?

Not directly no.

However, I’m of the opinion that that if the West Ham team can get down here (and let’s be honest, this beast from the east hasn’t exactly come without warning) and the roads and walkways around the ground are safe, then the game should go ahead.

Partly for selfish reasons, as I don’t want us to have a fixture pile up in a relegation scrap, but also because it just should.

JBT disagrees and stated that it was snowing heavily in Newport. I don’t think that matters to be honest.
Odds of postponing? on 18:07 - Mar 2 with 1892 viewsDarran

I’ve got to be honest I’m absolutely flabbergasted that the whole weekend hasn’t been cancelled by the FA considering how pathetic people have become in 21st century broken Britain.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Odds of postponing? on 18:11 - Mar 2 with 1869 views3swan

Odds of postponing? on 18:07 - Mar 2 by jack247

Not directly no.

However, I’m of the opinion that that if the West Ham team can get down here (and let’s be honest, this beast from the east hasn’t exactly come without warning) and the roads and walkways around the ground are safe, then the game should go ahead.

Partly for selfish reasons, as I don’t want us to have a fixture pile up in a relegation scrap, but also because it just should.

JBT disagrees and stated that it was snowing heavily in Newport. I don’t think that matters to be honest.

We use the H of V anyway

Odds of postponing? on 18:14 - Mar 2 with 1852 viewsswans11

have you seen the heads of the valley some parts are treacherous
Odds of postponing? on 18:15 - Mar 2 with 1844 views3swan

Odds of postponing? on 18:14 - Mar 2 by swans11

have you seen the heads of the valley some parts are treacherous

That's why the

was there
Odds of postponing? on 18:21 - Mar 2 with 1814 viewsswans11

missed it on my phone was off screen. just said on news Cardiff airport re opens 6 in morning so west ham couldnt have flown in
Odds of postponing? on 18:23 - Mar 2 with 1802 viewsjack247

Odds of postponing? on 18:21 - Mar 2 by swans11

missed it on my phone was off screen. just said on news Cardiff airport re opens 6 in morning so west ham couldnt have flown in

They could have come earlier in the week. Moyes bumping his gums about the game being called off as if the bad weather has come as a surprise.
Odds of postponing? on 18:36 - Mar 2 with 1759 viewsJackfath

Odds of postponing? on 18:07 - Mar 2 by jack247

Not directly no.

WTF has snow in Newport got to do with a match in Swansea?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Odds of postponing? on 18:38 - Mar 2 with 1745 viewsjack247

Odds of postponing? on 18:36 - Mar 2 by Jackfath

Over to you JBT....
Odds of postponing? on 18:39 - Mar 2 with 1739 viewsjacksfullaces

Odds of postponing? on 18:36 - Mar 2 by Jackfath

cos Newport is the new Swansea, or is since I moved there ...
Odds of postponing? on 18:40 - Mar 2 with 1724 viewsbyron

Maybe though, depends on tonight. It’s supposed to be 8 degrees in Sunday, they should just postpone 24hrs. Know a couple who spent 8 hours on the m4 last night trying to get to London, gave up and managed to get back to Cardiff at 4am.

Benny

Odds of postponing? on 19:02 - Mar 2 with 1651 viewsdickythorpe

Moyes doesn't fancy it. Klopp was full of excuses before we beat them
Odds of postponing? on 19:19 - Mar 2 with 1575 viewsGaryjack

Excuse my ignorance, but why not?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024