Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rule changes to improve the game? 12:12 - Nov 22 with 5655 viewsJinxy

How do we think the game could be further improved? Some examples...

1. Defenders "shielding" the ball out of play should constitute obstruction, and therefore a free kick to the opposition. It's a foul anywhere else on the pitch!
2. When a goalkeeper passes out from a goal kick, if the opposition sense he's played it short and closes the defender down, then all he has to do is step inside the area and receive the ball, enabling the kick to be retaken as it didn't leave the area. Should be an (indirect?) free kick to the opposition perhaps?
3. Enforcement of a yellow card when the ball is deliberately kicked/thrown away once the whistle has blown. This is inconsistent at the moment and frustrating for the paying punter.

To be honest, there's not a lot wrong with the game imho - maybe a few tweaks here and there?
Rule changes to improve the game? on 09:21 - Nov 23 with 1278 viewsbluey_the_blue

Rule changes to improve the game? on 22:58 - Nov 22 by Kilkennyjack

Hasn’t really been tried yet then in my book .....

Make the ref assessors make it so.

Discipline is important to our game.

It was tried, it was applied and found to be useless, didn't really change anything.
Rule changes to improve the game? on 10:38 - Nov 23 with 1254 viewsJack11

If a player is through on goal but fouled outside the area by the last man, that should be a direct free kick but no wall allowed, all players behind the ball like a penalty.
Rule changes to improve the game? on 12:33 - Nov 23 with 1216 viewsJackFish

Rule changes to improve the game? on 10:38 - Nov 23 by Jack11

If a player is through on goal but fouled outside the area by the last man, that should be a direct free kick but no wall allowed, all players behind the ball like a penalty.

I'd just change the penalty rule and give one for denying a goalscoring opportunity, regardless of where the foul takes place.
Rule changes to improve the game? on 13:24 - Nov 23 with 1198 viewsandrew

Yellow cards for celebrating absolutely infuriates me. I’ll be happy if only that goes.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Rule changes to improve the game? on 13:48 - Nov 23 with 1185 viewstheloneranger

They're talking at the moment about changing the penalty kick rules to be the same as the "Penalty Shoot Out"

That is ... If the keeper saves the penalty or the ball hits the woodwork ... There are no rebounds, the ball is dead!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Rule changes to improve the game? on 14:09 - Nov 23 with 1175 viewsSkipTheJack

The one thing I would change about the game is penalties.

Penalties should only be awarded for offences currently considered professional fouls - i.e. clear goalscoring opportunities. All other infringements in the box should be free-kicks.

Most penalties are scored (80%+ I would guess) and I always think it's an injustice when a penalty is awarded when there wasn't really any danger of a goal.
Rule changes to improve the game? on 19:55 - Nov 23 with 1130 viewscanhecatchit

When a player gets treated on the field, they should then be allowed to stay on the field and resume play, it is a farce now that they have to leave the field of play, that wasn't the Idea of it at all.
The Idea was to take the injured player off the field of play for treatment so the game could carry on and save time that way then let him back on after treatment, not treat him on the pitch then make him go off and restart play. Somewhere along the lines people had forgotten this and become second nature the way they do it now

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Rule changes to improve the game? on 19:57 - Nov 23 with 1128 viewscanhecatchit

No substitutions after 90 minutes unless someone is seriously injured. Too much time wasted here

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Login to get fewer ads

Rule changes to improve the game? on 20:40 - Nov 24 with 1057 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

1. If a player has to leave the field due to being injured through a foul I feel that the player who committed the foul should also leave the field, maybe they will think twice about committing the foul in the first place.
2. The rule where the goalkeeper can place the ball any side of the 6 yard box from a goal kick needs to revert back the the original rule (ie it should be taken on the side where the ball went out of play), there's far too much time being wasted by goalkeepers.
Rule changes to improve the game? on 20:45 - Nov 24 with 1052 viewsplasjack

Linesmen to be replaced by technology.
They are a waste of space, and in the long run referees.
Rule changes to improve the game? on 05:30 - Nov 25 with 1027 viewsScottishEddie

Rule changes to improve the game? on 20:45 - Nov 24 by plasjack

Tobots?

Sin Bin for celebrating

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Rule changes to improve the game? on 15:45 - Nov 25 with 981 viewsjackrmee

Rule changes to improve the game? on 20:45 - Nov 24 by plasjack

Linesmen do fuk all. The one by the West stand yesterday didn't even put his flag up til the ref had given the throw in.

Ref was just as bad.

Spend the money saved on wages on developing full time video/ai officials. Fuk em!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Rule changes to improve the game? on 06:56 - Nov 26 with 933 viewsgiantstoneater

Goalies should be booked a lot earlier in the game usually a ref will book them in the last min of injury time too late!!
Rule changes to improve the game? on 10:18 - Nov 26 with 910 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Rather than send players off make them play in Wellington Boots.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024