Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mascot prices -£480!...Really!? 07:44 - Jan 1 with 9703 viewsleebracey

So we are the 3rd highest in the premier league for mascot prices, yet we are in the championship!!.
Hang your heads in shame Jenkins and Morgan...supposed working class local men stinging families this amount of money is scandalous.
We have become rotten to the core.
After 37 years, my season ticket money will be going elsewhere until these parasites have left the club.
I will then return!.
Mascot prices -£480!...Really!? on 18:23 - Jan 2 with 1786 viewssherpajacob

Mascot prices -£480!...Really!? on 11:29 - Jan 2 by leebracey

When was the last time you paid £500 to watch the swans for one single match?...despite the kit (mass produced) at junior rates, and the 3-4 family seats, it seems a lot for a crap certificate, meeting Lee Trundle and taking a pen at Cyril. So yeah, I have thought my moan through, and I'll carry on moaning if it means we can pull together, embarrass these money making parasites, and eventually get our club back.

Feb 2013, Wembley.

When everything is added together I paid more for 3 people to watch that match from pretty poor seats, than I did for 4 people to have hospitality on boxing day with my son as mascot.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 18:24]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Mascot prices -£480!...Really!? on 21:04 - Jan 2 with 1734 viewsQJumpingJack

The saddest part is that the way the club have reacted since the story broke. A flimsy one-liner. Nothing on the official site to explain why the charges are what they are.

I can remember under the old regime, mistakes were made during our rise up the divisions when it came to pricing/ticketing etc but generally they were to quick apologise or correct the error. The current board just seem so arrogant.
Mascot prices -£480!...Really!? on 22:13 - Jan 2 with 1708 viewssherpajacob

Breaking down the constituent parts.

3 x adult hospitality @£79= £237
1 x child hospitality@£69
1x child kit @£60.
1x parking space @£6.
Total if all bought separately = £372

Mascot midweek package which includes all the above £349.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Mascot prices -£480!...Really!? on 12:01 - Jan 3 with 1620 viewsheadcleaner

However, people want to dress it up as VFM and stop moaning against the club blah blah blah. Its expensive for what it is as is most things around football these days.

The club should strip away all the guff around it padding it out as the ultimate day out and just supply a kit for a reduced cost for deserving kids who write a letter explaining why they should be mascot and go from there. if people want the meal deal then fine pay for that as guests but if people simply want to lead out the side holding a players hand then that should be free.

All the moaning about the writers a Cardiff fan is just embarrassing. There are enough swans fans disgusted at the cost and the way the club is run. as for the Trust not giving a public comment would suggest that they agree with the charges.
Mascot prices -£480!...Really!? on 14:05 - Jan 3 with 1587 viewsstreetlyjack

I actually paid for my son to be a mascot for the recent Wigan game (there were 5 mascots on the package in total that game) so wanted to add to this debate. Whilst the cost is not cheap at all I wanted to give my 9 year old boy the opportunity to experience things in more detail, hence paying the price.

I must say the whole experience was a very good one with them arriving 2 and a half hours before kick off to meet the teams out on the pitch, following this they had a skills session on the pitch and were then taken all around the pitch as well as sitting in the managers seat for a bit. In addition to this they also got a full kit, were fed pre match and at half time and also got to meet LT10 and Leon Britton. My son also got to meet his favourite player (Celina) and walk out with him before taking his half time penalty and also meeting Mike VDH post match...…...In summary when you deduct the actual cost of the 4 tickets, meals, free parking, kits, pictures and medal (got personalised medal with match details on) the actual 'mascot experience' cost £200 which I don't feel is bad value at all.

Whilst this is being positioned as a rip off it actually isn't and has been tailored to wind people up. Alongside the mascots SCFC also provide local kids teams with a free flagbearers experience with full access to the lounge and food but nothing gets said about this so it needs saying for balance.

Finally the team that provides the match day experience were excellent including the players themselves so full credit to them for providing a memorable occasion, again this gets missed by the negative soundbite but should not be ignored.

I for one was extremely happy with the once in a lifetime experience my son enjoyed recently and would fully recommend it to anyone.....just wanted to add another view to this debate as people are diving in without understanding the full story.
Mascot prices -£480!...Really!? on 14:12 - Jan 3 with 1578 viewsLeonWasGod

Mascot prices -£480!...Really!? on 22:13 - Jan 2 by sherpajacob

Breaking down the constituent parts.

3 x adult hospitality @£79= £237
1 x child hospitality@£69
1x child kit @£60.
1x parking space @£6.
Total if all bought separately = £372

Mascot midweek package which includes all the above £349.

I suspect a lot of kids who want to be a mascot have the kit and people wouldn’t necessarily want hospitality.

It’s obviously a revenue raising strategy (not that I disagree the extras add value). No problem if people are happy to pay that, but I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole. We’ve done the flag bearing though - that was about £25 and you got pretty much everything except only 1 adult & 1 kids hospitality place (drinks only, not the meal) and no kit. So much better value.
Mascot prices -£480!...Really!? on 19:13 - Jan 7 with 1436 viewsGlyn1

There's an article about it in today's Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jan/07/mascot-fees-premier-league

I see that a couple of Gary Lineker's former clubs are criticised and Swansea get the equivalent of being let off with a caution.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 19:21]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Mascot prices -£480!...Really!? on 20:36 - Jan 7 with 1389 viewssainthelens

Instead of charging a kings ransom for every home game. Why not get some local under privileged kids involved for nothing.Apart from being a great gesture, it would at least show we may have human beings running the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Mascot prices -£480!...Really!? on 21:21 - Jan 7 with 1358 viewsQJumpingJack

Mascot prices -£480!...Really!? on 20:36 - Jan 7 by sainthelens

Instead of charging a kings ransom for every home game. Why not get some local under privileged kids involved for nothing.Apart from being a great gesture, it would at least show we may have human beings running the club.

Lovely idea but the people who run the club only see this as a business.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024