Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea hard man arrested 20:26 - Jul 20 with 130572 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-full-moon-pub-court-166197

I think Colin posted on here once as someone got their facts wrong about a club he was running.

Is Surman ok now? I heard he was very ill a few years back. A massive bloke.
Swansea hard man arrested on 15:34 - Dec 5 with 10274 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/colin-payne-murder-court-sentencin

Argus!

Swansea hard man arrested on 17:08 - Dec 5 with 10094 viewsTWGL

Swansea hard man arrested on 15:34 - Dec 5 by Wingstandwood

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/colin-payne-murder-court-sentencin

Reading that WOL report made me sick. The guy who committed this crime is an utter bully.
Swansea hard man arrested on 17:18 - Dec 5 with 10075 viewsunion_jack

I don’t know if it’s been discussed on this thread, but why on Earth was he in that pub in the first place?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea hard man arrested on 17:22 - Dec 5 with 10063 viewsWingstandwood

Swansea hard man arrested on 17:08 - Dec 5 by TWGL

Reading that WOL report made me sick. The guy who committed this crime is an utter bully.

A tragedy involving a most unique, special and upstanding victim hits home in that report!

The senselessness of it all, it achieved absolutely nothing in return for the accused. A guy momentarily touches his girlfriends back for a second with a can and the end result is being sent down to spend a lot longer rotting in a prison cell.

One second has resulted in (15 years) 5475 days of imprisonment. The term "its not worth it" applies in this case.

Argus!

Swansea hard man arrested on 19:26 - Dec 5 with 9880 viewsJack123

Been reading the reports on WOL about this case! Don't know this person Payne, but his face they printed the other day when he had hair, look's vaguely familiar, and judging by the comments on here, guess it was coming to him.

A few things that have puzzled me about this case, has there ever been a case previous where a few punches leads to murder? I was reading the case on the first day, and they said something along the lines of the victims death was down to hitting his head on the pavement? That was the main contributory cause of death!

Don't get me wrong, not sticking up for the accused, just seems totally strange the way this court case went.

libera nos a malo

Swansea hard man arrested on 19:51 - Dec 5 with 9816 viewsGaryjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 19:26 - Dec 5 by Jack123

Been reading the reports on WOL about this case! Don't know this person Payne, but his face they printed the other day when he had hair, look's vaguely familiar, and judging by the comments on here, guess it was coming to him.

A few things that have puzzled me about this case, has there ever been a case previous where a few punches leads to murder? I was reading the case on the first day, and they said something along the lines of the victims death was down to hitting his head on the pavement? That was the main contributory cause of death!

Don't get me wrong, not sticking up for the accused, just seems totally strange the way this court case went.

You do not need to intend to kill someone to be convicted of murder. But Colin Payne knew that his victim was no match for him, and set out to cause him serious harm. That is enough. This wasn't two guys having a scrap outside a pub, and one of them gets hit to the floor and bangs his head. Payne was an expert, he knew exactly what he was doing.
Swansea hard man arrested on 20:04 - Dec 5 with 9765 viewsJack123

Swansea hard man arrested on 19:51 - Dec 5 by Garyjack

You do not need to intend to kill someone to be convicted of murder. But Colin Payne knew that his victim was no match for him, and set out to cause him serious harm. That is enough. This wasn't two guys having a scrap outside a pub, and one of them gets hit to the floor and bangs his head. Payne was an expert, he knew exactly what he was doing.

Thank you for the explanation.. I see now. Just one more thing, did he ever used to work the doors back in the 80's?, I know his face from somewhere but can't remember where! I'm guessing Marthas?

libera nos a malo

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:05 - Dec 5 with 9757 viewsBest_loser

Swansea hard man arrested on 19:51 - Dec 5 by Garyjack

Every case is different

A few years ago a guy was killed by a single punch from behind in swansea

The jury aquitted him of even manslaughter which was very surprising

This was straightforward murder though, might not have intended it but he knew it might result in that
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:09 - Dec 5 with 9729 viewsGaryjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:04 - Dec 5 by Jack123

Thank you for the explanation.. I see now. Just one more thing, did he ever used to work the doors back in the 80's?, I know his face from somewhere but can't remember where! I'm guessing Marthas?

I can't recall him from Marthas. He's from Trallwn, used to own the Halfway Inn, and later the old Trallwn social club. A truly nasty piece of work.
Swansea hard man arrested on 20:12 - Dec 5 with 9700 viewsThrasher6

Swansea hard man arrested on 17:18 - Dec 5 by union_jack

I don’t know if it’s been discussed on this thread, but why on Earth was he in that pub in the first place?

My thoughts as well

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:14 - Dec 5 with 9690 viewsGaryjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:05 - Dec 5 by Best_loser

Every case is different

A few years ago a guy was killed by a single punch from behind in swansea

The jury aquitted him of even manslaughter which was very surprising

This was straightforward murder though, might not have intended it but he knew it might result in that

I remember the case you mention, and was surprised myself at the time. But this was a total mismatch and Payne knew it. So using the 'tools' he has, it makes it murder. No doubt.
Swansea hard man arrested on 20:20 - Dec 5 with 9663 viewsGaryjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:12 - Dec 5 by Thrasher6

My thoughts as well

Surely he's entitled to drink wherever he wants without fear of being beaten to death? The Full Moon, might have some colourful or unsavoury characters, but i know a lot of football fans drink in there on matchdays, and it was Paddy Colemans (Chris Colemans dad) local.
Swansea hard man arrested on 21:16 - Dec 5 with 9542 viewsbonymine

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:09 - Dec 5 by Garyjack

I can't recall him from Marthas. He's from Trallwn, used to own the Halfway Inn, and later the old Trallwn social club. A truly nasty piece of work.

Along with John Wilson at Martha’s say no more.....

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Swansea hard man arrested on 21:37 - Dec 5 with 9493 viewsBluebird

Swansea hard man arrested on 10:01 - Dec 5 by exhmrc1

St Helens Road doesnt even begin to match the top end of High Street or Dyfatty flats.

No probs. I get food from st helens road when i'm working down the Swansea area and there are a few characters milling around down there..
I actually like st helens road most people are decent..
Swansea hard man arrested on 22:45 - Dec 5 with 9398 viewsexhmrc1

St Helens Road isnt a problem. The top end of High Street from the station towards Dyfatty is although over the last year it does seem to have improved, You might have seen the bad press the area got last year. Unfortunately for years it has been frequented by druggies, alcoholics and prostitutes. The pub that was in the National press was down the road from the Full Moon. There are a number of High Rise flats which house not the best. The trouble is that the pub guy tried to turn the pub into an upmarket pub which was never going to succeed in that area. The press tried to make it out to be the main shopping street which hasnt been true since the 1970s. When the Quadrant was built the shopping area moved from High Street to Oxford Street and the Quadrant.
Swansea hard man arrested on 23:00 - Dec 5 with 9369 viewsunion_jack

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:20 - Dec 5 by Garyjack

Surely he's entitled to drink wherever he wants without fear of being beaten to death? The Full Moon, might have some colourful or unsavoury characters, but i know a lot of football fans drink in there on matchdays, and it was Paddy Colemans (Chris Colemans dad) local.

I don’t think anyone here is putting any blame on the victim. Of course he’s entitled to drink where he wants and without fear of attack. It should really go without saying😉. However, it’s not the sort of pub you’d go to just off the cuff unless you didn’t know but even then it’s appearance and location would put me off. And I don’t believe this was a match day Incident so the question is a fair one I’d say.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea hard man arrested on 23:22 - Dec 5 with 9334 viewsKerouac

Don't know this bloke Payne but bumped into him once, years ago at a restaurant.
The arrogance, aggression and nastiness of the bloke oozed out of him.
He was being a pig to the woman he was with and treated the staff like sh*t on his shoe.
I asked the owner of the restaurant, who is an old acquaintance of mine, "who the f*ck is he to think he can treat people like that?".
His response;
"He's (Payne) the bloke you go to when you want someone to disappear".

Great to hear he is finally behind bars, I couldn't give a shite whether he intended to kill this bloke or not, Payne obviously had this day coming to him.

I only feel sorry that his latest victim had the rest of his life stolen from him.

What kind of a scumbag starts on a bloke half his size, kicks him in the head while he is lying defenceless, and then follows him outside to batter him some more?
Bullying scumbag.
Should never be allowed out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Swansea hard man arrested on 23:32 - Dec 5 with 9319 viewsHighjack

Just a wild guess, he fancied a drink?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea hard man arrested on 23:44 - Dec 5 with 9304 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea hard man arrested on 23:22 - Dec 5 by Kerouac

Don't know this bloke Payne but bumped into him once, years ago at a restaurant.
The arrogance, aggression and nastiness of the bloke oozed out of him.
He was being a pig to the woman he was with and treated the staff like sh*t on his shoe.
I asked the owner of the restaurant, who is an old acquaintance of mine, "who the f*ck is he to think he can treat people like that?".
His response;
"He's (Payne) the bloke you go to when you want someone to disappear".

Great to hear he is finally behind bars, I couldn't give a shite whether he intended to kill this bloke or not, Payne obviously had this day coming to him.

I only feel sorry that his latest victim had the rest of his life stolen from him.

What kind of a scumbag starts on a bloke half his size, kicks him in the head while he is lying defenceless, and then follows him outside to batter him some more?
Bullying scumbag.
Should never be allowed out.

I can't believe it's the same guy i used to know years ago. I used to go to the pubs with him, to the Top Rank and the Surf house on the weekends. He liked the ladies, but always had that edge to him - not to his friends though, however if anyone looked at him the wrong way he would be up for it and could indeed be a bully.I don't know what happened to make him turn out the way he did, but he obviously did and knew what he was doing.

He's paying the price now, but nothing compared to the poor guy he killed.To hear that he allegedly got up to some really bad things came as a surprise, but I have no sympathy at all , and he fully deserves the sentence he has had , and some may say including myself that he has got off lightly.
Swansea hard man arrested on 01:19 - Dec 6 with 9248 viewsBluebird

Swansea hard man arrested on 22:45 - Dec 5 by exhmrc1

St Helens Road isnt a problem. The top end of High Street from the station towards Dyfatty is although over the last year it does seem to have improved, You might have seen the bad press the area got last year. Unfortunately for years it has been frequented by druggies, alcoholics and prostitutes. The pub that was in the National press was down the road from the Full Moon. There are a number of High Rise flats which house not the best. The trouble is that the pub guy tried to turn the pub into an upmarket pub which was never going to succeed in that area. The press tried to make it out to be the main shopping street which hasnt been true since the 1970s. When the Quadrant was built the shopping area moved from High Street to Oxford Street and the Quadrant.

Cheers for the info.. I'm not to familiar with areas of Swansea but to be fair most people i have met have been very nice and respectful..
A few times over the last few months a few working girls have offered me their services around by the potters wheel 😮
Swansea hard man arrested on 01:32 - Dec 6 with 9244 viewsBluebird

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:14 - Dec 5 by Garyjack

I remember the case you mention, and was surprised myself at the time. But this was a total mismatch and Payne knew it. So using the 'tools' he has, it makes it murder. No doubt.

Was he a real hardman Gary? Or was he the type who could look after himself but never pick trouble with others who could have a scrap?
I worked briefly in london with a fella from somewhere in west wales he was a right handful he rated Surmans but never mentioned Payne which i'm sure he would have being in the same line of work..
Swansea hard man arrested on 05:28 - Dec 6 with 9184 viewsBluebird

Swansea hard man arrested on 13:46 - Jul 26 by Darran

Or your chum with the hatchet.

Martin ( beefy ) still living there these days?
Swansea hard man arrested on 05:55 - Dec 6 with 9167 viewsCaptain_Sham

If I could down vote this 100 times I would. Got what he deserved I suppose.

Its just a ride.

Swansea hard man arrested on 06:25 - Dec 6 with 9152 viewsdickythorpe

Swansea hard man arrested on 01:32 - Dec 6 by Bluebird

Was he a real hardman Gary? Or was he the type who could look after himself but never pick trouble with others who could have a scrap?
I worked briefly in london with a fella from somewhere in west wales he was a right handful he rated Surmans but never mentioned Payne which i'm sure he would have being in the same line of work..

Bluebird, reputations and stories get exaggerated but Payne, Surman did not care who you were or where they were if they had something to say.
Even the IRA got ripped off by one of them on the Cook report.
Swansea hard man arrested on 07:38 - Dec 6 with 9096 viewsBluebird

Swansea hard man arrested on 06:25 - Dec 6 by dickythorpe

Bluebird, reputations and stories get exaggerated but Payne, Surman did not care who you were or where they were if they had something to say.
Even the IRA got ripped off by one of them on the Cook report.

Cheers Dicky
Is the cook report episode still about.?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024