Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Deadline Day on Monday 08:49 - Aug 30 with 13276 viewsheywooddale

What are people hoping for/expecting before Monday at 5pm?

Personally I'm hoping Lillis goes out on loan or is sold, Don't think he's as bad as some suggest but he's clearly not in the Goalkeeping plans so best not to have a senior player sat in the stands.

I'd also like to see another defender, Centre back or left back or ideally a player who can cover both. Think it's the area we can be got at most, plus anytime Jim is asked to do anything that isn't strictly just defending he fills me with dread. Anytime he looks to play the ball out from the back, it seems like we are in danger.
Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:03 - Sep 2 with 2950 viewsfitzochris

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 19:13 - Sep 2 by rochedale

Why just give us half a tale? Do you know for a fact that it’s not true? If so, what is he lying about?

You won’t find the answer on my LinkedIn page, at any rate.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:05 - Sep 2 with 2930 viewsfitzochris

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 19:57 - Sep 2 by Thacks_Rabbits

I am disappointed that josh Lillis is still here, don’t see how it benefits us or him tbh.

Who’s to say we didn’t try to get him a move, though?

Things can fall through, both incomings and outgoings.

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:10 - Sep 2 with 2889 views442Dale

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:05 - Sep 2 by fitzochris

It is a strange one with Lillis. Bringing in Lynch effectively meant he had to move on or we’d be spending money on wages for a player that’s all of a sudden surplus. There was always a risk moves might not come off and now we have three keepers.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:12 - Sep 2 with 2870 viewsfitzochris

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:10 - Sep 2 by 442Dale

It is a strange one with Lillis. Bringing in Lynch effectively meant he had to move on or we’d be spending money on wages for a player that’s all of a sudden surplus. There was always a risk moves might not come off and now we have three keepers.

I don’t disagree. I’ve been quite vocal about the Lillis situation. Long term, the plan is clearly that Lynch is ours when Sanchez goes back, with Wade as back up.

As it stands right now, though, we’re spending a lot on goalies.

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:17 - Sep 2 with 2840 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:05 - Sep 2 by fitzochris

Very true fitz, just feel it benefits nobody, he has been a good pro for us and would have preferred him to go somewhere that would benefit his career, as well as us releasing a player not needed.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:28 - Sep 2 with 2789 viewsrochedale

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:03 - Sep 2 by fitzochris

You won’t find the answer on my LinkedIn page, at any rate.

What’s that got to do with anything?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:32 - Sep 2 with 2766 viewsfitzochris

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:28 - Sep 2 by rochedale

What’s that got to do with anything?

You had a scan at my LinkedIn page around the time you posted.

To answer your question, I’ve been told, and not by anyone at the club, that moves were afoot to bring in a forward and sort Lillis out with a move. Neither happened.

So, all I’m saying, is that BBM did want to bring a player in (and not “just for the sake of it”) but it didn’t work out.

He doesn’t seem too bothered, so that’s fine.

Lillis still being here is a different matter.

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:35 - Sep 2 with 2749 viewsrochedale

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:32 - Sep 2 by fitzochris

To answer your question, I’ve been told, and not by anyone at the club, that moves were afoot to bring in a forward and sort Lillis out with a move. Neither happened.

So, all I’m saying, is that BBM did want to bring a player in (and not “just for the sake of it”) but it didn’t work out.

Thanks for the info. I checked your profile, not to see if the answer lay there, but to see if I could check your credibility as a journalist. You often post hints that you are in the know about things, that’s the reason for my view of your profile. Don’t worry, I’m no stalker.

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:41 - Sep 2 with 2695 viewsfitzochris

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:35 - Sep 2 by rochedale

Thanks for the info. I checked your profile, not to see if the answer lay there, but to see if I could check your credibility as a journalist. You often post hints that you are in the know about things, that’s the reason for my view of your profile. Don’t worry, I’m no stalker.

I’m always in two minds about hinting about what I’m told and, quite often, I post nothing. However, if I believe I need to contradict something that’s being said, then I will.

I’ve not been labelled a disruptor for nowt, you know.

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:46 - Sep 2 with 2672 viewsmacro

Some footballers are happy to sit out there contract as well so whose saying that Lillis hasn’t turned down moves
Transfer Deadline Day on Monday (n/t) on 20:48 - Sep 2 with 2658 viewsrochdaleriddler

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:46 - Sep 2 by macro

Some footballers are happy to sit out there contract as well so whose saying that Lillis hasn’t turned down moves

[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 20:50]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:48 - Sep 2 with 2658 viewsrochedale

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:41 - Sep 2 by fitzochris

I’m always in two minds about hinting about what I’m told and, quite often, I post nothing. However, if I believe I need to contradict something that’s being said, then I will.

I’ve not been labelled a disruptor for nowt, you know.

Well, try not to cause too much trouble, will you! Wouldn’t want to upset anybody.

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 22:52 - Sep 2 with 2447 viewsD_Dale

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:32 - Sep 2 by fitzochris

Tonight on the OS BBM says "If we were to have brought someone else in, we would have been adding to the squad for the sake of it."

Manager Brian Barry-Murphy spoke to www.rochdaleafc.co.uk after the transfer window closed at 5pm

“I was hoping for a quiet day because our work had already been done and our main concern was to prioritise the players that we have in the building,” said BBM.

“Players have shown great commitment to us, and that, coupled by the great backing of the Board in supporting us in our plan, we have managed to retain all of our players with the exception of Ryan Delaney, of course, who has gone out on loan to aid his development. I was hoping for a quiet day and it has materialised that way, which is exactly what I wanted.

“We plan for all eventualities and we had plans in place in case anything unexpected happened to our own squad. We are working with a squad that we’re very happy with and that’s what I wanted to focus on. We’re very much of the belief that we have been working with this group of players over a period of time and these are the players that we very much want in our dressing room.

“If we were to have brought someone else in, we would have been adding to the squad for the sake of it. We have a squad of players that we believe is very dedicated and is growing stronger together.

“We had in place specific targets over the summer and we managed to acquire those. The only way things would have changed towards the end of the window would have been if we had lost any players. Like I said, we were always monitoring the situation in case that happened, but that hasn’t materialised.

“This season has very much been about quality over quantity in terms of our playing squad, and that has been our plan. We’re happy with the business that we’ve done and we are very excited to work with this group of players. The next stop off is January, and we’re keen to progress as a group until then."
Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 07:48 - Sep 3 with 2281 viewsEllDale

I think that the club had identified possible signings but only as replacements in case anyone had left Spotland.
If someone had come along at 11.00am yesterday and offered £1m (not an "undisclosed 300k" for someone like Callum Camps we would have been stupid not to accept the offer so there had to be a plan in place for such an eventuality.
It shows how well organised and geared to forward planning BBM is.
The only thing that I find surprising is that Josh Lillis is still on the books. It's obvious that he isn't going to feature unless we have a real emergency.
Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 09:32 - Sep 3 with 2131 viewsfitzochris

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 07:48 - Sep 3 by EllDale

I think that the club had identified possible signings but only as replacements in case anyone had left Spotland.
If someone had come along at 11.00am yesterday and offered £1m (not an "undisclosed 300k" for someone like Callum Camps we would have been stupid not to accept the offer so there had to be a plan in place for such an eventuality.
It shows how well organised and geared to forward planning BBM is.
The only thing that I find surprising is that Josh Lillis is still on the books. It's obvious that he isn't going to feature unless we have a real emergency.

Aye, so exactly what BBM said on the OS then?

Keith Hill did forward planning too, believe it or not.

On a plate, here it is, one last time. Believe or don’t.

BBM was promised Camps, Henderson or anyone else wouldn’t be sold unless a bid was astronomical - and, as we were talking only League One and Two clubs realistically bidding, that wasn’t going to happen.

BBM has been looking for a wide forward player all summer. He’s even said as much publicly. The targets he was after, he didn’t get. He doesn’t seem too bothered about this and believes he’ll have another chance in January.

He also wants Lillis to find another club. This has been attempted. It’s not happened and I won’t speculate as to why.

That’s it. That’s all I know. I’m not majorly betraying a confidence in sharing this, as, in the grand scheme of things, it hardly matters.

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 10:03 - Sep 3 with 2078 viewsdawlishdale

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 09:32 - Sep 3 by fitzochris

Aye, so exactly what BBM said on the OS then?

Keith Hill did forward planning too, believe it or not.

On a plate, here it is, one last time. Believe or don’t.

BBM was promised Camps, Henderson or anyone else wouldn’t be sold unless a bid was astronomical - and, as we were talking only League One and Two clubs realistically bidding, that wasn’t going to happen.

BBM has been looking for a wide forward player all summer. He’s even said as much publicly. The targets he was after, he didn’t get. He doesn’t seem too bothered about this and believes he’ll have another chance in January.

He also wants Lillis to find another club. This has been attempted. It’s not happened and I won’t speculate as to why.

That’s it. That’s all I know. I’m not majorly betraying a confidence in sharing this, as, in the grand scheme of things, it hardly matters.

Pretty much what BBM said (or alluded to) at the fans forum.

I agree that another forward would have been my priority, and although I'm upset at the way Lillis has been treated, I'm in agreement that we are much stronger with our current goalkeeper.

I'm glad that we resisted any offers for Henderson and Camps, as it looks like the squad is performing much better collectively than was the case under Hill.

I'm also pleased that Delaney has been loaned out, as he & Gillam are the only players who have regressed. Gillam needs to pull his socks up and work so much harder than he's shown (especially during his horrible showing at Hyde in pre-season, where he was hopeless)
Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 11:06 - Sep 3 with 1982 views49thseason

Is Lillis still training with the squad or is he on gardening leave? Anyone know?
Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 09:33 - Sep 4 with 1660 viewsfitzochris

Word is that the Cowley brothers are about to leave Lincoln for Sheffield Wednesday.

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 10:46 - Sep 4 with 1563 viewsAncoats_Blue

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 09:33 - Sep 4 by fitzochris

Word is that the Cowley brothers are about to leave Lincoln for Sheffield Wednesday.

Very good management duo. Hope this comes off as would like to think it would lead to a downturn in their form before we play them.
Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 11:25 - Sep 4 with 1479 viewsEllDale

They were also heavily linked with Huddersfield.
Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 11:32 - Sep 4 with 1461 viewsjudd

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 11:25 - Sep 4 by EllDale

...and our next Eurovision entrants

Poll: What is it to be then?

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 11:37 - Sep 4 with 1452 viewsfitzochris

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 11:25 - Sep 4 by EllDale

They turned Huddersfield down.

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 13:09 - Sep 4 with 1329 viewsDaleiLama

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 09:33 - Sep 4 by fitzochris

Be handy if they could sort it well before the 17th? 😇

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 13:22 - Sep 4 with 1312 viewsfitzochris

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 13:09 - Sep 4 by DaleiLama

Be handy if they could sort it well before the 17th? 😇

I think that’s what motivated me to post. The hope that it’s done by then.

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 20:58 - Sep 6 with 994 viewsfitzochris

Transfer Deadline Day on Monday on 13:22 - Sep 4 by fitzochris

I think that’s what motivated me to post. The hope that it’s done by then.

They’ve turned Wednesday down too!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024