Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale players who made an immediate impact 18:17 - Oct 24 with 5724 viewsfinberty

The arrival of Paul McShane has seen an instant upturn in results, performances and defensive stability.

This was last seen when Hendo first arrived. How many other players have made such an impact from the very start?

Three that occurred to me were all in the 80s (I think - TVOS will advise if I'm wrong):

Centre back Paul Jones arrived on loan from Counteh, secured a weak back line and chipped in with some headed goals. Probably 1988?

Winger Andy Milner destroyed Burnley's left back on his debut at Turf Moor. Either 89 or 90.

Goalkeeper Keith Welch, brought in as a 17 year old when Redfern was injured and looked the part straightaway. Probably 87.

Any others - ones whose impact was obvious in their first games?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 18:18]
Dale players who made an immediate impact on 13:57 - Oct 25 with 1055 views1907

Jason Taylor
Dale players who made an immediate impact on 14:34 - Oct 25 with 1024 viewsSuddenLad

Steve Johnson
John Seasman

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dale players who made an immediate impact on 15:20 - Oct 25 with 992 viewsdalefertcup2

Leo Skeete
Dale players who made an immediate impact on 20:11 - Oct 25 with 922 viewshammerdale

George Morton and Reg Jenkins
Dale players who made an immediate impact on 20:45 - Oct 25 with 895 viewsR17ALE

I can think of someone leaving which had a wonderful impact on those remaining.

Graham fooking Barrow.

His departure made Gary Jones, Dave Bayliss and Paul Carden into proper footballers overnight.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Dale players who made an immediate impact on 21:01 - Oct 25 with 879 viewsSuddenLad

Dale players who made an immediate impact on 20:45 - Oct 25 by R17ALE

I can think of someone leaving which had a wonderful impact on those remaining.

Graham fooking Barrow.

His departure made Gary Jones, Dave Bayliss and Paul Carden into proper footballers overnight.

And his departure boosted the attendance by 1 ...........(at least)

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dale players who made an immediate impact on 21:07 - Oct 25 with 869 viewsrhf

In the late 70s just lost to droylsden, bottom of the league, sacked the manager, Pete Madden took over in a week he signed Chris Jones, Brian Taylor, Peter Creamer, remember them! instant impact won the next game 4- 0 at Scunthorpe and escaped the bottom 4 in the great escape year. Later-

Eugene Martinez- instant crowd fav. Steve Taylor, Alf and Scott Hogan - instant goals.

Mark Stuart - obvious different class from day 1. Same as for Wayne Evans and Paul Simpson.
Dale players who made an immediate impact on 21:08 - Oct 25 with 868 viewsHealeyDale

Totally agree about the impact of Paul Connor - fantastic player when he arrived

Marcus Hanneman, Neil Edwards and Grant Holt also come to mind
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024