Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road 12:16 - Dec 12 with 8231 viewsJimmyGilligan

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/live-updates-double-decker-bus-174

[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 12:17]
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 21:15 - Dec 12 with 3322 viewsGlastonbury

Driver all day long very bad judgement
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 21:17 - Dec 12 with 3311 viewsFireboy2

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 21:05 - Dec 12 by raynor94

He obviously knew the height of his vehicle, and the max headroom was on the bridge. Why on earth did he carry on?

This ^

Its totally the drivers responsibility, if was given another route he should have been more aware.

I often drive high vehicles and i am like a fvcking meercat observing bridges and tunnels warning signs.
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 21:30 - Dec 12 with 3285 viewsCatullus

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 21:08 - Dec 12 by exiledclaseboy

Perhaps he forgot what he was driving and was confused by an unusual route? Alternatively, he may have been taken ill at the wheel. Clearly he made a mistake and is ultimately responsible but he’s nit public enemy number one. He’s a bus driver who f*cked up with awful consequences.

Well no, not public enemy number one but if that passenger with life threatening injuries dies? He has to live with the consequences of (at least) driving without due care and attention. He'll probably not drive a bus again.

Until we know the full facts maybe we shouldn't condemn him but when has the court of public opinion been fair?
I see drivers do batschit crazy things every day and get away with it, this driver made a bad error and is going to be a hot topic for days.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 17:44 - Dec 13 with 3191 viewsJoe_bradshaw

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-50762203

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:14 - Dec 23 with 3031 viewstheloneranger

"Woman dies after bus crashes into bridge in Swansea"

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-bus-crash-latest-death-174

RIP

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:17 - Dec 23 with 3025 viewsFireboy2

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:14 - Dec 23 by theloneranger

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-bus-crash-latest-death-174

RIP

Oh no, so sorry to hear that.

RIP Love.
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:18 - Dec 23 with 3021 viewsJimmyGilligan

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:14 - Dec 23 by theloneranger

RIP

Someone's gonna be looking down the barrel at prison time for that
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 19:01 - Dec 23 with 2912 viewsCountyJim

Very sad news

My mother was a Paediatric sister in Royal Gwent and a double decker bus hit a bridge in pontypool area years back she had to deal with a lot of child deaths that day it always stayed with her
Login to get fewer ads

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 22:25 - Dec 23 with 2831 viewsexhmrc1

It is hard to understand why a bus driver for 42 years would drive a 14 or 15 foot high bus into a low bridge of 11 foot unless something happened like the brakes failing or having a blackout or something.
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 22:41 - Dec 23 with 2803 viewsDr_Winston

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 22:25 - Dec 23 by exhmrc1

It is hard to understand why a bus driver for 42 years would drive a 14 or 15 foot high bus into a low bridge of 11 foot unless something happened like the brakes failing or having a blackout or something.

Don't think we'll ever really know what happened. It's like that case in Glasgow where a bin lorry driver ploughed into a load of people.

Might have been incompetence, might have been a total brain fart. In any case I've got little but sympathy for all involved.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 01:09 - Dec 24 with 2717 viewsJack123

Terrible news..R.I.P that young lady, dreadful. :(

libera nos a malo

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 06:18 - Dec 24 with 2634 viewsGlastonbury

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 19:01 - Dec 23 by CountyJim

Very sad news

My mother was a Paediatric sister in Royal Gwent and a double decker bus hit a bridge in pontypool area years back she had to deal with a lot of child deaths that day it always stayed with her

1982 6 died 3 men 3 women. Crashed in Cardiff an route to porthcawl for day. Packed with kids
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 07:10 - Dec 24 with 2560 viewsdickythorpe

A tragedy. Very sad news.
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 09:26 - Dec 24 with 2473 viewsladyjack

Awful sad news, terrible for the people involved.
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 09:59 - Dec 24 with 2437 viewsSgorioFruit

is it time to call an end to double decker buses then?

I imagine that would be a tough call for a place like London.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 10:26 - Dec 24 with 2388 viewsexiledclaseboy

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 22:41 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

Don't think we'll ever really know what happened. It's like that case in Glasgow where a bin lorry driver ploughed into a load of people.

Might have been incompetence, might have been a total brain fart. In any case I've got little but sympathy for all involved.

The Glasgow case is a matter of public record since the inquiry. He passed out at the wheel due to a number of pre existing medical conditions that he failed to tell his employers or the authorities about.

Poll: Tory leader

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:05 - Dec 24 with 2314 viewsHighjack

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 09:59 - Dec 24 by SgorioFruit

is it time to call an end to double decker buses then?

I imagine that would be a tough call for a place like London.

Could just ban bridges?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:41 - Dec 24 with 2267 viewsDr_Winston

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:05 - Dec 24 by Highjack

Could just ban bridges?

John Terry likes this.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:30 - Dec 25 with 1985 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:05 - Dec 24 by Highjack

Could just ban bridges?

Or do like they have in Gowerton - have a sign with sensors which trigger flashing signs alerting the driver his vehicle is oversized and to use another route

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:57 - Dec 25 with 1970 viewsAnotherJohn

No excuse for what was obviously a horrendous mistake. However, in trying to understand the driver's miscalculation, I wonder whether the fact that there are two bridges close together came into it. Coming from the City centre the first was high enough to let the bus pass, but not the second. Very sad. What must have been an exciting academic visit to our city cost this poor woman her life.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024