Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread 17:48 - Feb 5 with 31533 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 14:06]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 22:56 - Feb 8 with 2267 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 22:31 - Feb 8 by Brynmill_Jack

The mistake Routs made was in the Derby half, they had a long way to go before they scored. Much could have been done to prevent the goal subsequent to the initial mistake.

Like what? A professional foul somewhere if we could have got near enough? Anyway, it was barely in Derby's half and they only had to travel to the edge of our box - it's not like they went the length of the field and we missed a bunch of tackles on the way. It was a brain-dead pass by Routs, when we were pushing for a winner so were very open. Lawrence or Rooney could have scored.

How many times have we gifted goals by giving the ball away in dangerous positions? It's been a problem all season (Peterson, Rodon, Byers, etc). And we're not even playing PL quality opposition, but they're still good enough to punish us.

Anyhow, for me Routs had a poor game. He put in one decent cross in the first half and spent the rest of the time mis-controlling the ball or giving it away. Had to laugh when David Giles said Routs put in a classy cross with the outside of his right foot! Has he never watched him before? That's all he ever does - he hasn't got a left foot at all so he has to use his right.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:03 - Feb 8 with 2236 viewswestside

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 22:12 - Feb 8 by union_jack

Has Swansea’s answer to Guardiola spoken yet?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:30 - Feb 8 with 2183 viewstheloneranger

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 22:12 - Feb 8 by union_jack

Has Swansea’s answer to Guardiola spoken yet?

Swansea City boss Steve Cooper:

"We are frustrated with not just losing the game, but how it happened.

"I felt we were good value to go 2-1 up and then we have reverted back to where we were in the first half and made some poor mistakes for the goals.

"We shot ourselves in the foot really, I think we've given the three points to Derby rather then them earning them, and that's no disrespect to them."

Derby County manager Philip Cocu:

"I decided to change it because I thought it was needed to get back into the game.

Curtis (Davies) and (Graeme) Shinnie came on, gave some more energy and balance in the team.

In the end a great win, we came back with an equaliser and Tom (Lawrence) scored the winner."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:31 - Feb 8 with 2179 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:30 - Feb 8 by theloneranger

Swansea City boss Steve Cooper:

"We are frustrated with not just losing the game, but how it happened.

"I felt we were good value to go 2-1 up and then we have reverted back to where we were in the first half and made some poor mistakes for the goals.

"We shot ourselves in the foot really, I think we've given the three points to Derby rather then them earning them, and that's no disrespect to them."

Derby County manager Philip Cocu:

"I decided to change it because I thought it was needed to get back into the game.

Curtis (Davies) and (Graeme) Shinnie came on, gave some more energy and balance in the team.

In the end a great win, we came back with an equaliser and Tom (Lawrence) scored the winner."

A manager making changes to influence a game... what a novel concept
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:41 - Feb 8 with 2162 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:31 - Feb 8 by AngelRangelQS

A manager making changes to influence a game... what a novel concept

The goalkeeper, everyone drools over, lost us the game. No manager can affect that.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:45 - Feb 8 with 2143 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:45 - Feb 8 with 2144 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:41 - Feb 8 by TNT

The goalkeeper, everyone drools over, lost us the game. No manager can affect that.

Disagree that Woodman lost us the game.

He played badly but others played their parts in each of the goals.

Incidentally the second took a deflection off Rodon 8 yards away.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:49 - Feb 8 with 2134 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:45 - Feb 8 by AngelRangelQS

Disagree that Woodman lost us the game.

He played badly but others played their parts in each of the goals.

Incidentally the second took a deflection off Rodon 8 yards away.

Past goalkeepers have been crucified for less.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:54 - Feb 8 with 2121 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:49 - Feb 8 by TNT

Past goalkeepers have been crucified for less.

I don’t disagree with that and I also don’t see what the fuss is with Woodman in general. I’d probably have him back on loan but I certainly wouldn’t be spending significant money on him.

That said, I don’t think you can put today down to goalkeeping howlers.

Goal one - Lawrence had too much space, Woodman made a meal of the shot, Guehi couldn’t be bothered running back for the rebound

Goal two - their left back was given about 40 yards of space, Guehi lost his header, Rodon’s clearance wasn’t great, the shot took a deflection and perhaps Woodman could have done better

Goal three - Routledge gives it away, awful tracking back, Lawrence given about 15 yards of space, Woodman didn’t move.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:59 - Feb 8 with 2112 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:54 - Feb 8 by AngelRangelQS

I don’t disagree with that and I also don’t see what the fuss is with Woodman in general. I’d probably have him back on loan but I certainly wouldn’t be spending significant money on him.

That said, I don’t think you can put today down to goalkeeping howlers.

Goal one - Lawrence had too much space, Woodman made a meal of the shot, Guehi couldn’t be bothered running back for the rebound

Goal two - their left back was given about 40 yards of space, Guehi lost his header, Rodon’s clearance wasn’t great, the shot took a deflection and perhaps Woodman could have done better

Goal three - Routledge gives it away, awful tracking back, Lawrence given about 15 yards of space, Woodman didn’t move.

Agree mate, Woodman had a shit day.

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 00:01 - Feb 9 with 2104 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:59 - Feb 8 by TNT

Agree mate, Woodman had a shit day.

As did Guehi and our midfield (Dhanda aside)
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 03:40 - Feb 9 with 2002 viewsTimTtam

It was a disappointing result, especially to drop a lead, but even though the comments in this thread would suggest it, we haven't dropped into the relegation zone. In Derby's last 11 games in all competitions, they have 7 wins (including away to Crystal Palace), 3 draws, and 1 loss.

Rams TV commentary was bloody annoying.

Positives:
- New formation of 4-1-4-1. We seemed much more attacking today and played some good football. Grimes looked to have more freedom
- Byers getting injured. Of course I don't want players to get injured, but it forced Cooper into making a sub at HT and he brought on Dhanda who, from all accounts had a good game and good goal (I missed his goal). Hopefully Cooper realises that Byers is an impact sub that should come on for 30 mins

Negatives:
- Byers. Tame shots for goal and he went missing in patches. I'd literally be looking to find where he was on the pitch, and sometimes couldn't see him in the 1st half
- Defending. And by that I mean the 'midfield' running back to try and defend. Derby had so much space and could waltz down the other end. Playing a 4-1-4-1 and having only 1 CM makes it even worse
- Cooper tactics. Excluding the forced sub he made at 46', his next sub was made at 86', giving Cullen 9 minutes to score. When we were 2-1 up he could've brought on Fulton to steady the ship. When we went behind 2-3 he could've changed the formation to a back 3 and gone for broke to try and score
- Bench. Apart from Dhanda who was used early, there was little attacking threat. Dyer was the only other attacking player. Kalulu or Peterson (whoops) should've been on the bench. We reached our limit of 5 loan players in the squad, so we should've put Cabango on the bench instead of Wilmot, and then Kalulu instead of Bidwell

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 07:43 - Feb 9 with 1927 viewsChief

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 03:40 - Feb 9 by TimTtam

It was a disappointing result, especially to drop a lead, but even though the comments in this thread would suggest it, we haven't dropped into the relegation zone. In Derby's last 11 games in all competitions, they have 7 wins (including away to Crystal Palace), 3 draws, and 1 loss.

Positives:
- New formation of 4-1-4-1. We seemed much more attacking today and played some good football. Grimes looked to have more freedom
- Byers getting injured. Of course I don't want players to get injured, but it forced Cooper into making a sub at HT and he brought on Dhanda who, from all accounts had a good game and good goal (I missed his goal). Hopefully Cooper realises that Byers is an impact sub that should come on for 30 mins

Negatives:
- Byers. Tame shots for goal and he went missing in patches. I'd literally be looking to find where he was on the pitch, and sometimes couldn't see him in the 1st half
- Defending. And by that I mean the 'midfield' running back to try and defend. Derby had so much space and could waltz down the other end. Playing a 4-1-4-1 and having only 1 CM makes it even worse
- Cooper tactics. Excluding the forced sub he made at 46', his next sub was made at 86', giving Cullen 9 minutes to score. When we were 2-1 up he could've brought on Fulton to steady the ship. When we went behind 2-3 he could've changed the formation to a back 3 and gone for broke to try and score
- Bench. Apart from Dhanda who was used early, there was little attacking threat. Dyer was the only other attacking player. Kalulu or Peterson (whoops) should've been on the bench. We reached our limit of 5 loan players in the squad, so we should've put Cabango on the bench instead of Wilmot, and then Kalulu instead of Bidwell

Agreed mostly - there's a lot of easily preventable silliness going on from Cooper

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 08:45 - Feb 9 with 1877 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 07:43 - Feb 9 by Chief

Agreed mostly - there's a lot of easily preventable silliness going on from Cooper

There would probably have been no subs until 86 mins if Byers hadn't put himself out of our misery.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 09:24 - Feb 9 with 1838 viewsChief

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 08:45 - Feb 9 by monmouth

There would probably have been no subs until 86 mins if Byers hadn't put himself out of our misery.

Exactly. His insistence on starting non performing players, keeping the same tactics and like for like subs is bloody annoying

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 10:15 - Feb 9 with 1783 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 03:40 - Feb 9 by TimTtam

Positives:

Negatives:

No we're not in the relegation zone but that's a ridiculous metric to judge us by. Only the most pessimistic of our supporters saw us as a relegation battle side coming into this season. There was no reason to think we shouldn't be one of the dozen or so teams in this league viewing the playoffs as a realistic target.

Our form after August is 1.2 points per game, which would put us between Boro and QPR on 37 points if that miraculous opening month had instead been Cooper's standard fare. We'd be looking over our shoulder but not too panicked about the drop, but we'd definitely not be happy about it. And rightly so.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 12:34 - Feb 9 with 1640 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:45 - Feb 8 by jasper_T

https://twentytwowords.com/funny-graphs-show-correlation-between-completely-unre

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 12:48 - Feb 9 with 1638 viewsdameedna

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 22:56 - Feb 8 by ploppy

Like what? A professional foul somewhere if we could have got near enough? Anyway, it was barely in Derby's half and they only had to travel to the edge of our box - it's not like they went the length of the field and we missed a bunch of tackles on the way. It was a brain-dead pass by Routs, when we were pushing for a winner so were very open. Lawrence or Rooney could have scored.

How many times have we gifted goals by giving the ball away in dangerous positions? It's been a problem all season (Peterson, Rodon, Byers, etc). And we're not even playing PL quality opposition, but they're still good enough to punish us.

Anyhow, for me Routs had a poor game. He put in one decent cross in the first half and spent the rest of the time mis-controlling the ball or giving it away. Had to laugh when David Giles said Routs put in a classy cross with the outside of his right foot! Has he never watched him before? That's all he ever does - he hasn't got a left foot at all so he has to use his right.

Fine to give the guy some stick and though we have not score many, a few of our goals are generated from opponents mistakes. Dhandas goal was a mistake by them and a good tackle by one of ours.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 13:34 - Feb 9 with 1614 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 12:48 - Feb 9 by dameedna

Fine to give the guy some stick and though we have not score many, a few of our goals are generated from opponents mistakes. Dhandas goal was a mistake by them and a good tackle by one of ours.

Not quite sure what your point is. Lots of goals come from mistakes, that's why you should try and cut them out. Managers are always bemoaning the fact that they've conceded goals from mistakes. We seem to be particularly prone to it at the moment though - we've conceded countless goals this season from stupid mistakes. As far as Dhanda's goal - yes, one of their players was robbed. So Derby are no better than us on that once instance. Are they doing it regularly though? Maybe they are, which is why they're not top of the league.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 14:42 - Feb 9 with 1553 viewsBadlands

Positives:

Negatives:

The positives I saw were Ayew, Rutledge, Naughton and Gallagher played well and ... well that's about it.
Dandha scored a very good goal but otherwise was brushed off the ball easily when Derby pressed quickly.
Cabango not being on the Bech shows Cooper considered him 5 th choice. Given the performance of Geuhi last week and this and Wilmot's overall play since Joe Rodon's injury I would take it as a personal insult. Cooper who went on loan last week wouldn't have made the errors Guehi did yesterday.
Other than reduced wages Brester brings nothing but flicks that don't work. Woodman is going backwards fast, Bidwell didn't play, Kalulu has barely played and not impressed, Surridge wasn't up to much and Peterson has been loaned out!
Cooper is messing good players about and keeping faith with some dross.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 16:15 - Feb 9 with 1485 viewsjackrmee

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 17:33 - Feb 8 by monmouth

He would never have been on the pitch if gash Byers hadn't injured himself. That's the quality of the manager, right there. I agree about the players but we are going nowhere except backwards with this joker in charge.

Dhanda has arguably been even shitter than Byers in his chances at starting matches. We don't have the players in midfield to compete.

We were by far the better team today and didn't deserve to lose.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 16:16 - Feb 9 with 1484 viewsjackrmee

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:00 - Feb 8 by Jinxy

All about opinions, but for me the score didn't reflect the performance. It seemed to me we had better chances, moved the ball quicker and were fighting to get possession back when we lost it. Missed chances and a few errors cost us today, but I saw progress today, believe it or not. I feel sorry for them tonight, they didn't deserve to lose.

Agree.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 16:23 - Feb 9 with 1481 viewsjackrmee

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 20:06 - Feb 8 by Jinxy

This, with loads of bells on. Cooper frustrates me yes, but some need to get a grip of the big picture and really care. 16,000 attendance announced but hell loads less than that = stay at home in the warm watching the rugby and so on. Strange, wasn't like that in the PL. I'd say less than 75 at the Trust agm. Empty vessels eh.

Exactly. And if everyone has so many questions about Cooper's management and Byers being in the team and tactics and substitutions...
Why the fuk didn't any of you mention it to him at the fans forum?
Pointless exercise groaning on here.

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 16:28 - Feb 9 with 1476 viewsTenbySwan

Woodman should have done better for ALL the goals. He needs to be dropped

Lawrence was given far too much space for both his shots. Also for the second nobody closed down the shot.

Routledge careless pass led to the break for the 3rd. Sadly reached the impact sub stage unfortunately.

Bringing on Cullen for Routledge in the 86th minute was too late and the wrong tactic. We took a midfielder off for a forward. Okay we went two up top , but couldnt get the ball to them.

Gueri worries me. Hurry up VDH. Is Cabango injured? If not he should be playing. Dont think we would given away any of tge goals if vdh was playing.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 16:31 - Feb 9 with 1473 viewsjackrmee

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 10:15 - Feb 9 by jasper_T

No we're not in the relegation zone but that's a ridiculous metric to judge us by. Only the most pessimistic of our supporters saw us as a relegation battle side coming into this season. There was no reason to think we shouldn't be one of the dozen or so teams in this league viewing the playoffs as a realistic target.

Our form after August is 1.2 points per game, which would put us between Boro and QPR on 37 points if that miraculous opening month had instead been Cooper's standard fare. We'd be looking over our shoulder but not too panicked about the drop, but we'd definitely not be happy about it. And rightly so.

You reckon that when we unveiled the unknown Cooper, most fans thought we would get promotion, than relegation? You are mad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024