Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Blackburn Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread 23:22 - Feb 26 with 37755 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 14:07]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Blackburn Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:53 - Mar 2 with 1206 viewsLegend83

The Official Blackburn Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:51 - Mar 1 by Oneill_77

It's clear for almost all to see we're on an upward trajectory, albeit not as steep as some fans would like to see.

Management team and core personnel are absolutely getting it. The way in which we are far more physical in all aspects, most especially in closing down the high press (Connor G); and getting stuck in deep midfield (Jay and Matty). Out front 3 is far more lively, both through the middle and out wide, massively pegging the oppo back four (3 vs 4 is always a winner, obvs).

Biggest learning last few games is our tendency to drop too deep in defence, under pressure. As some legendary world class coaches say - Think Clearly Under Pressure (TCUP). Our young Team are getting it and implementing it.

Give them some respect, time and patience.

I am not sure if you were present at the Fulham game but I was and struggle to relate to much in your post.

There was an element of dog in our midfield but that dog was similar to a spaniel that likes to chase thin air or it's own tail. The way Fulham were able to by-pass through and around our midfield was very similar to how we did this under Potter less than a year ago.

Our front 3 spent most of the match chasing balls pumped into the channels - I guess you could call it lively as they chased hard but rarely got on the end of the % play. I didn't see the back 4 of the oppo being pegged back, particularly Bryan who got forward a lot and helped run Naughton ragged.

But worst of all was the inability to switch the play. Every single goal kick was clearly practiced - loft it to the left wing and hope Bidwell or Ayew could knock it down into midfield. I think they won maybe 10% of those headers and could count on one hand the number of times the 2nd ball fell to a Swans player. Fulham would attach and either Joe or Ben would put in a last minute block / foil. Rinse and repeat for most of the match.

Yes Fulham pressed high and put their forwards tight on Joe and Ben to reduce the short outlet but there were several times we could have been braver and Woodman could have chipped a ball over their heads into Grimes / Fulton, or distributed quicker before Fulham could reset.

None of this pointed to a team that was "set up to win" as Cooper likes to suggest.

So I am not sure what this upward trajectory looks like.
The Official Blackburn Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:49 - Mar 2 with 1106 viewsmonmouth

The Official Blackburn Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:53 - Mar 2 by Legend83

I am not sure if you were present at the Fulham game but I was and struggle to relate to much in your post.

There was an element of dog in our midfield but that dog was similar to a spaniel that likes to chase thin air or it's own tail. The way Fulham were able to by-pass through and around our midfield was very similar to how we did this under Potter less than a year ago.

Our front 3 spent most of the match chasing balls pumped into the channels - I guess you could call it lively as they chased hard but rarely got on the end of the % play. I didn't see the back 4 of the oppo being pegged back, particularly Bryan who got forward a lot and helped run Naughton ragged.

But worst of all was the inability to switch the play. Every single goal kick was clearly practiced - loft it to the left wing and hope Bidwell or Ayew could knock it down into midfield. I think they won maybe 10% of those headers and could count on one hand the number of times the 2nd ball fell to a Swans player. Fulham would attach and either Joe or Ben would put in a last minute block / foil. Rinse and repeat for most of the match.

Yes Fulham pressed high and put their forwards tight on Joe and Ben to reduce the short outlet but there were several times we could have been braver and Woodman could have chipped a ball over their heads into Grimes / Fulton, or distributed quicker before Fulham could reset.

None of this pointed to a team that was "set up to win" as Cooper likes to suggest.

So I am not sure what this upward trajectory looks like.

The only reason for posts that could possibly say that we are on an upward trajectory is that some people are so far up Cooper's arse they have shit in their eyes. We have rocketed backwards. That's what could not be clearer. We are now the anti football team we used to shower with contempt. The sad thing is it will get enough results to perpetuate itself for a season or two, until all trace of class and style is just a memory. We are Chris Coleman's Coventry. That's what we are. That's us.

So the Cooper fanboys will have to forgive me if I don't ejaculate with excitement.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024