Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abusing Greta Thunberg... 12:46 - Mar 2 with 4619 viewsLohengrin

What’s the matter with people? I’ve tried for the last half hour to get a handle on the reason for this and failed miserably to even begin to formulate a credible motive?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/abuse-threats-made-greta-thunber

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 14:40 - Mar 2 with 1216 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 14:21 - Mar 2 by Highjack

Yeah me too. I think she’s utterly wrong when she blames ordinary older people who are just living their lives. I think she’s utterly correct when she directs her ire at the leaders, multi nationals and those who actually have the power to change things and say they will but ultimately don’t because of political/economic reasons.

Yes, forty years ago the Amazon Rainforest was being cut down and the environmental impacts were clear and it's still going on, many global leaders and politicians are focussed on short term economic returns and personal power.
Greta is right in much of what she says and we should be grateful that someone had found a way of getting into the politicians' faces.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 14:49 - Mar 2 with 1200 viewsHighjack

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 14:40 - Mar 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes, forty years ago the Amazon Rainforest was being cut down and the environmental impacts were clear and it's still going on, many global leaders and politicians are focussed on short term economic returns and personal power.
Greta is right in much of what she says and we should be grateful that someone had found a way of getting into the politicians' faces.

They won’t do anything substantial though. They’ll use it as a convenient excuse to raise taxes. They’ll say they’re taking action whilst bending over for the big hydrocarbon lobby. Have we really seen any change in government policy over the last forty years?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 15:06 - Mar 2 with 1184 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 14:49 - Mar 2 by Highjack

They won’t do anything substantial though. They’ll use it as a convenient excuse to raise taxes. They’ll say they’re taking action whilst bending over for the big hydrocarbon lobby. Have we really seen any change in government policy over the last forty years?

The recent growth of renewable energy has been a positive step, overall globally we have gone backwards at high speed.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 15:39 - Mar 2 with 1162 viewsHighjack

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 15:06 - Mar 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

The recent growth of renewable energy has been a positive step, overall globally we have gone backwards at high speed.

It’s a start but it’s a drop in the ocean really. Bearing in mind our population has increased exponentially over that period and we move around a lot more for work etc we need a lot more energy and are still completely tethered to the teat of the oil lobby.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 15:57 - Mar 2 with 1149 viewshobo

Stop producing weapons and bombing random countries, that would be a start. Unfortunately it makes too much money for those at the top so the idea would never be entertained. Let's raise taxes though, that'll help
Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 15:58 - Mar 2 with 1147 viewsmonmouth

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 13:39 - Mar 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

I'd guess that 95 per cent of the population agree with / support Greta, there are idiots for every topic on social media who get hugely disproportionate coverage which distort perceptions.

Surprisingly, I have found quite an adverse and sometimes vitriolic reaction to her by a fair number of university students and staff. She seems to polarise. I personally admire her greatly. She is a remarkable young woman, and her ability to inspire her own generation is the best hope we have, I hope others can help her hold the baton and take some weight off her, even if the message currently lacks any real focus. It is creating the motivation For change amongst the young that is important, and hoping, rather forlornly I have to say, that their passion for a better way of doing things is not bought off, as mine was.

To wish harm or ill eon a 17 year old autistic girl though, or to attack the messenger for pointing out the mess that my generation and the subsequent one have created.....wow

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 16:04 - Mar 2 with 1137 viewsHighjack

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 15:57 - Mar 2 by hobo

Stop producing weapons and bombing random countries, that would be a start. Unfortunately it makes too much money for those at the top so the idea would never be entertained. Let's raise taxes though, that'll help

Yeah we swap weapons for oil. Then a few years later those weapons are often used to kill our own soldiers who have been sent to some other sandy shit hole to fight over more oil, or to overthrow some tinpot dictator who isn’t selling us oil at cheap enough prices.

Who cares if it’s good for the markets though? It’s only human life.

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 16:05 - Mar 2 with 1136 viewsNotLoyal

Nothing wrong with what she is saying but the mass of detritus that turns up to see her with spoilt attitudes and personal agenda are pretty annoying.

Daddy’s got a Porsche.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 16:05 - Mar 2 with 1135 viewsHighjack

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 15:58 - Mar 2 by monmouth

Surprisingly, I have found quite an adverse and sometimes vitriolic reaction to her by a fair number of university students and staff. She seems to polarise. I personally admire her greatly. She is a remarkable young woman, and her ability to inspire her own generation is the best hope we have, I hope others can help her hold the baton and take some weight off her, even if the message currently lacks any real focus. It is creating the motivation For change amongst the young that is important, and hoping, rather forlornly I have to say, that their passion for a better way of doing things is not bought off, as mine was.

To wish harm or ill eon a 17 year old autistic girl though, or to attack the messenger for pointing out the mess that my generation and the subsequent one have created.....wow

You and your generation haven’t created any mess any more than hers has.

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 17:12 - Mar 2 with 1105 viewsCountyJim

FFS! She's a child what is wrong with people
Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 17:33 - Mar 2 with 1081 viewscontroversial_jack

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 17:12 - Mar 2 by CountyJim

If she's a child, why is she preaching to adults? Not everyone agrees with her views either.
Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 17:46 - Mar 2 with 1073 viewshobo

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 17:12 - Mar 2 by CountyJim

She's 17. Don't be so patronising
Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 18:04 - Mar 2 with 1048 viewsDarran

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 17:46 - Mar 2 by hobo

She's 17. Don't be so patronising

You sound like a right ćunt fair play.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 18:25 - Mar 2 with 1020 viewshobo

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 18:04 - Mar 2 by Darran

You sound like a right ćunt fair play.

Good thing your opinions are largely incorrect then isn't it
Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 18:28 - Mar 2 with 1008 viewsjojaca

She is just puppet being used by the puppet masters just hoping we have a soft spot for a kid. The exact Greta plot was preached to us in 1992 by another kid called Severn Cullis-Suzuki.

Rinse and repeat boys.

Even when you know, you never know?

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 18:47 - Mar 2 with 984 viewsNeath_Jack

Nothing new, there have been plenty on here being vile about her in the past. Someone go dig some old threads up (not the most recent one).

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 18:56 - Mar 2 with 970 viewsDarran

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 18:25 - Mar 2 by hobo

Good thing your opinions are largely incorrect then isn't it

Twát.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 19:12 - Mar 2 with 959 viewsexiledclaseboy

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 14:35 - Mar 2 by KGriz16

David Icke says shes a plant for the new world order to control us.

Not like him.

Poll: Tory leader

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 19:43 - Mar 2 with 920 viewsCatullus

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 13:58 - Mar 2 by Flashberryjack

I doubt that 95% of the population agree with her, far, far less would be prepared to give up the things and change their lifestyles that she advocates.

I reckon 95% would agree with her but fot he most part they think it's someone else's job to give up things and make the chnges to save our environment.

People are funny like that, greedy and selfish.

The intimation that Brexit caused this is laughable, ridiiculous.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 21:44 - Mar 2 with 839 viewsCjg63a

[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 21:50]
Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 22:09 - Mar 2 with 810 viewsPentyrchJack

I just wish her mum would chaperone her....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/NINTCHDBPICT000514617307.jpg

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 09:11 - Mar 3 with 733 viewsFireboy2

I blame China and the good old US of fvcking A.

Whilst these two tw@ts of countries dont do anything to cut down their carbon emissions and embrace renewable energy theres no point anyone else bothering

The selfish tvvats.
Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 09:42 - Mar 3 with 721 viewsBarrySwan

Fair play she has the unique talent of being able to see CO2 according to her mother.

Just out of interest has St Greta of Thunberg actually come up with any realistic practical solutions for saving the planet or does she just repeat over and over again the 'You've betrayed us all' mantra?

( this is a genuine question )
Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 10:28 - Mar 3 with 702 viewscontroversial_jack

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 09:42 - Mar 3 by BarrySwan

Fair play she has the unique talent of being able to see CO2 according to her mother.

Just out of interest has St Greta of Thunberg actually come up with any realistic practical solutions for saving the planet or does she just repeat over and over again the 'You've betrayed us all' mantra?

( this is a genuine question )

Is that a plastic raincoat shes wearing, and is that an Iphone in her hand?
Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 11:00 - Mar 3 with 690 viewsCatullus

Abusing Greta Thunberg... on 10:28 - Mar 3 by controversial_jack

Is that a plastic raincoat shes wearing, and is that an Iphone in her hand?

Which people (myself included) have poked fun at her. There is a big difference between some light hearted comments pointing out the irony or even hypocrisy in a persons stance and full on abuse.

She uses the very things that are created by our abuse of the planet, she jets off around the world on aircraft that emit massive pollution. The problem is most of us, the vast majority are guilty of exactly the same things. We all (ok not ALL) agree with her message but very few of us are willing to make the necessary changes.
The governments reaction is usually to introduce new taxes, or eaise existing taxes and that just fuels resentment as it becomes apparent that the people who pollute the most can carry on doing all the fun things, the fast cars, flying to exotic destinations etc whilst us rabble are priced out of it.

Thunberg's message is right but we all need to pay more than just lip service to it.

That won't stop me poking fun at her or others either. The list of things we are allowed to laugh at is shrinking fast so get it while its hot!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024