Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Update 14:14 - Jul 24 with 30251 viewsheywooddale

Quick Synopsis: Unused tickets being donated to Keyworkers over the next two years.
You can opt out if you don't want this to happen with your tickets
No details of refund policy

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/july/st1920_update/
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 14:16]
Season Ticket Update on 14:22 - Jul 28 with 2563 viewsLaveritty

Whilst not wishing to denigrate the efforts of the trust I see that the update makes many references to '6 tickets' whereas I thought it had been established that we had actually paid for 7 games that hadn't taken place? Am I missing something?

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Season Ticket Update on 15:07 - Jul 28 with 2432 viewsDaleiLama

Club update

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/july/1920st_refundupdate/

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season Ticket Update on 15:09 - Jul 28 with 2418 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 14:22 - Jul 28 by Laveritty

Whilst not wishing to denigrate the efforts of the trust I see that the update makes many references to '6 tickets' whereas I thought it had been established that we had actually paid for 7 games that hadn't taken place? Am I missing something?

Yes, full credit to the Trust for taking all of the blame.

Now, as many others have said, let's get the issue of the 7 (SEVEN) games not played last season, not 6.

And perhaps now the Trust has fallen on its' sword in defence of the club, the club might reciprocate and let the Trust release the statement re: the Lotto before it has more intrigue attached to it than Harry and Meghan?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season Ticket Update on 15:16 - Jul 28 with 2368 views442Dale

Good statements by the Trust and the club. It was a good idea (that could have been presented differently initially) which may not suit everyone and there are now clear options communicated and available. Think we have to remember that it’s important fans are a part of the decision making process at Spotland over such matters, and the Trust play a key role in that. They’ll make mistakes, everyone does, but seeking to improve that is an illustration how much they listen to supporters too. We can’t let negatives, actual or perceived, to impact that link we have with the club. It may not be everyone’s idea of the perfect voice, but it’s a voice nonetheless.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Ticket Update on 15:16 - Jul 28 with 2368 viewskel

Mr 80% will still whine like a baby about it on Facebook no matter what the club or trust do.

He needs to change his twitter bio about being a glass half full man though cos I’ve never known such a moaning, negative bloke in my life.
Season Ticket Update on 15:19 - Jul 28 with 2346 viewsWill_RAFC

I'm glad the Trust have recognised and apologised for the mistakes made. I have no doubts what so ever that it was a well intentioned move on their behalf, and one made by people who care deeply about the club. It was just poorly executed. I'm happy to accept the apology and move on and I'm happy that all supporters can now make a choice they are comfortable with.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 15:20]
Season Ticket Update on 15:37 - Jul 28 with 2271 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 15:07 - Jul 28 by DaleiLama

Club update

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/july/1920st_refundupdate/

"A cash refund equal to that of the six matches that Season Ticket holders were unable to attend;"

I thought a credit against next season's season ticket would have been a better option in that it would help ensure that a season ticket was actually sold. Cash refunds give the option of someone not coming back.

How do former Goldbond agents get treated in terms of a refund? We only shelled out £30 per ticket but put a lot of hours in, in return for the heavy discount.

And the Bury game still needs addressing.

Season Ticket Update on 16:41 - Jul 28 with 2108 viewsblackdogblue

Season Ticket Update on 15:37 - Jul 28 by judd

"A cash refund equal to that of the six matches that Season Ticket holders were unable to attend;"

I thought a credit against next season's season ticket would have been a better option in that it would help ensure that a season ticket was actually sold. Cash refunds give the option of someone not coming back.

How do former Goldbond agents get treated in terms of a refund? We only shelled out £30 per ticket but put a lot of hours in, in return for the heavy discount.

Where’s James & his polls when u need him??

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Update on 16:51 - Jul 28 with 2074 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 16:41 - Jul 28 by blackdogblue

Where’s James & his polls when u need him??

Furloughed?

Season Ticket Update on 17:08 - Jul 28 with 2013 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season Ticket Update on 18:01 - Jul 28 with 1890 viewsboromat

Season Ticket Update on 15:37 - Jul 28 by judd

I'm guessing the uncertainty around next season's tickets means that your idea would just complicate things further and wouldn't be able to be offered until much later in the day as they don't know what the situation will be.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Ticket Update on 18:02 - Jul 28 with 1889 viewsblackdogblue

Season Ticket Update on 17:08 - Jul 28 by James1980

Good lad 👍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Season Ticket Update on 18:30 - Jul 28 with 1823 viewsBrierls

Excellent, concise statements from the Trust and the Club.

I hope the club install a 'Wall of Shame', etched into the urinals, for all those that request a refund.
Season Ticket Update on 18:44 - Jul 28 with 1791 viewsReedy

Season Ticket Update on 18:30 - Jul 28 by Brierls

I hope the club install a 'Wall of Shame', etched into the urinals, for all those that request a refund.

Some people are desperately struggling at the moment, that £50 refund could be the difference between having food on the table or not, or being able to put the heating on.

To say that a wall of shame should be put up, for requesting a refund, is quite frankly disgusting and disrespectful in what has been a dreadful time for millions of people.

Blog: The FA Cup

Season Ticket Update on 18:45 - Jul 28 with 1785 viewsjudd

I'm sure you're the perfect candidate to keep everyone informed of the progress of that particular initiative.

Season Ticket Update on 18:46 - Jul 28 with 1779 viewsD_Alien

I think the Wall of Thanks is a terrible idea

For a start, it'll cost summat to put together and install. And for what? The donation of a few quid? I dare say there'll be many fans who've 'donated' plenty over the years without having, or wanting, their names put onto a wall

Anyone keen to get their name highlighted in this way is basically pretty sad

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Update on 18:49 - Jul 28 with 1769 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 18:01 - Jul 28 by boromat

I'm guessing the uncertainty around next season's tickets means that your idea would just complicate things further and wouldn't be able to be offered until much later in the day as they don't know what the situation will be.

We shouldn't be guessing.

We should be decisive.

We should be supporter focussed, being a significant source of income, it would seem.

We need to be inventive in protecting cash whilst encouraging on going commitment.

Season Ticket Update on 19:11 - Jul 28 with 1698 viewsBrierls

Season Ticket Update on 18:46 - Jul 28 by D_Alien

I think the Wall of Thanks is a terrible idea

For a start, it'll cost summat to put together and install. And for what? The donation of a few quid? I dare say there'll be many fans who've 'donated' plenty over the years without having, or wanting, their names put onto a wall

Anyone keen to get their name highlighted in this way is basically pretty sad

Indeed.

Which anybody who isn't desperate for the attention of being an outraged, selfless, hero would have identified that's what my post is getting at.

I don't agree with refunds as it will harm the club that you were putting in money to support in the first place. I also don't agree with need for some sort of recognition for supporting the club. Keep the money to help with finances, donate it to key workers, I really don't mind and I don't need people to know all about it.
Season Ticket Update on 19:22 - Jul 28 with 1660 viewsReedy

Season Ticket Update on 19:11 - Jul 28 by Brierls

Indeed.

Which anybody who isn't desperate for the attention of being an outraged, selfless, hero would have identified that's what my post is getting at.

I don't agree with refunds as it will harm the club that you were putting in money to support in the first place. I also don't agree with need for some sort of recognition for supporting the club. Keep the money to help with finances, donate it to key workers, I really don't mind and I don't need people to know all about it.

Your priority should be yourself, and your family. If you’ve got the money and choose to leave it with the club, then that’s great for the club, not everyone is that lucky.

Season Ticket Update on 19:45 - Jul 28 with 1600 viewsBrierls

Season Ticket Update on 19:22 - Jul 28 by Reedy

Your priority should be yourself, and your family. If you’ve got the money and choose to leave it with the club, then that’s great for the club, not everyone is that lucky.

Offering life advice now. There really is no end to your talents.

I agree with the sentiment of family first. But if £50 is the difference between you putting food on the table or not, pandemic or otherwise, then I'd suggest you should have adoped the family first mantra and not splashed out on luxuries such as season tickets in the first place. It's a whole different conversation.

Let's have it right, the vast majority of people requesting refunds will do so because they can, not because they need to. It will be viewed as a £50 covid bonus that can be spent on something else.
Season Ticket Update on 19:52 - Jul 28 with 1579 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Update on 19:11 - Jul 28 by Brierls

Indeed.

It takes a special degree of outrage to put forward a Wall of Shame for those who, perhaps struggling for cash, want to claim a refund which is their right

I identified that much...

[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 19:54]

Season Ticket Update on 19:56 - Jul 28 with 1559 viewsReedy

Season Ticket Update on 19:45 - Jul 28 by Brierls

Offering life advice now. There really is no end to your talents.

I agree with the sentiment of family first. But if £50 is the difference between you putting food on the table or not, pandemic or otherwise, then I'd suggest you should have adoped the family first mantra and not splashed out on luxuries such as season tickets in the first place. It's a whole different conversation.

Let's have it right, the vast majority of people requesting refunds will do so because they can, not because they need to. It will be viewed as a £50 covid bonus that can be spent on something else.

So if you’ve been made redundant and have little or no income coming in, that £50 could be pivotal.

When the season tickets were bought 12 months, no one in the world could have foreseen such a crisis across the world. Millions have people have been laid off up and down the country, and all over the world. I’m sure the vast majority won’t want to take money out of the club, but unfortunately for some, they will have no choice.

To compare when the season ticket was bought to now is ludicrous as the world is now a completely different place.

The fact you describe is as a Covid bonus is awful, there is no bonus whatsoever from this situation. Hundreds of thousands of people have died and millions infected.

The vast majority will be requesting refunds because they need the money, not because they want to (although the original statement didn’t help the situation)

Season Ticket Update on 20:03 - Jul 28 with 1527 viewsBrierls

Season Ticket Update on 19:52 - Jul 28 by D_Alien

It takes a special degree of outrage to put forward a Wall of Shame for those who, perhaps struggling for cash, want to claim a refund which is their right

I identified that much...

[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 19:54]

No outrage. Said in jest, in relation to a naff "Wall of Thanks" initiative.

I don't want to piss on the names of those who request a refund. I'd much rather the club got those little football goals with a mini football on elastic in the urinals.
Season Ticket Update on 20:20 - Jul 28 with 1476 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Update on 20:03 - Jul 28 by Brierls

No outrage. Said in jest, in relation to a naff "Wall of Thanks" initiative.

I don't want to piss on the names of those who request a refund. I'd much rather the club got those little football goals with a mini football on elastic in the urinals.

And that's how i originally took it - in jest - before you became uppity at my having the temerity to reply to your post, which incidentally included no criticism of it, simply following on with the topic

Season Ticket Update on 21:19 - Jul 28 with 1344 viewsBrierls

Season Ticket Update on 20:20 - Jul 28 by D_Alien

And that's how i originally took it - in jest - before you became uppity at my having the temerity to reply to your post, which incidentally included no criticism of it, simply following on with the topic

I wasn’t being uppity, I was agreeing with your wall of shame point, which you’d correctly identified as the basis of my post.

I was a bit confused by your reply, but I just read my response back and can see how you thought I was ranting at you. The “nodding along” while I read and then typed clearly didn’t come across.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024