Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump 23:32 - Aug 11 with 27832 viewsKerouac

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/kamala-harris-chosen-as-joe-biden-s-vice-pr

How do you think she will play it?

How will Trump play it? I'm sure he will attack Biden personally but does his campaign focus on discrediting Harris?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:23 - Aug 15 with 1227 viewsScotia

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:19 - Aug 15 by Dr_Parnassus

I would say quite the opposite. The other side don’t care what he is doing, whether it’s what they want or not, they just can’t stand the fact he is in office.

That’s why they have to lie, smear him and make up a load of nonsense to discredit his administration. I do enjoy those people who go around asking Biden supporters what they think of his plan for ‘x, y, z’ only for them to say how great it is... only to be told that’s Trump's policy and see them try and work out and do a complete 180 on it.

I’m afraid politics has become like Instagram and Facebook for these idiots, no substance and all to do with identity and image. If your face doesn’t fit for then and you aren’t belonging to the correct group then nothing you do is enough.

I don't think anyone has to do anything to discredit Trump. He does it himself.
Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:24 - Aug 15 with 1227 viewsAce_Jack

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:19 - Aug 15 by Dr_Parnassus

I would say quite the opposite. The other side don’t care what he is doing, whether it’s what they want or not, they just can’t stand the fact he is in office.

That’s why they have to lie, smear him and make up a load of nonsense to discredit his administration. I do enjoy those people who go around asking Biden supporters what they think of his plan for ‘x, y, z’ only for them to say how great it is... only to be told that’s Trump's policy and see them try and work out and do a complete 180 on it.

I’m afraid politics has become like Instagram and Facebook for these idiots, no substance and all to do with identity and image. If your face doesn’t fit for then and you aren’t belonging to the correct group then nothing you do is enough.

Ok here’s a criticism. Trump is trying to undermine the democratic process by hampering the ability of the US postal service. How can anyone who supports free and democratic elections support this action?
Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:25 - Aug 15 with 1224 viewsAce_Jack

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:21 - Aug 15 by Dr_Parnassus

And I am correct in that. Clearly.

Which part of that aren’t you happy with exactly? Are you saying the horrendous Obamacare is still in operation as intended or that drugs aren’t cheaper?

Because both statements would be incorrect.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 23:26]

When was the affordable care act repealed then?
Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:31 - Aug 15 with 1215 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:25 - Aug 15 by Ace_Jack

When was the affordable care act repealed then?

Obamacare is what I said (I am very careful with my words) which encompasses the whole act.

There are still parts of that act still in operation but there is no mandate for health policies for healthy people. Currently, there is no longer a penalty for not having ACA coverage. This ruined the market under Obama and the majority of Americans thought it was an abject failure (which it was).

Trump has now signed an executive order to make pharmaceuticals cheaper after he undercut ‘big pharma’ meaning these drugs can now be obtained far easier by far more families that need them.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:34 - Aug 15 with 1212 viewsAce_Jack

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:31 - Aug 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Obamacare is what I said (I am very careful with my words) which encompasses the whole act.

There are still parts of that act still in operation but there is no mandate for health policies for healthy people. Currently, there is no longer a penalty for not having ACA coverage. This ruined the market under Obama and the majority of Americans thought it was an abject failure (which it was).

Trump has now signed an executive order to make pharmaceuticals cheaper after he undercut ‘big pharma’ meaning these drugs can now be obtained far easier by far more families that need them.

So you agree with me that Obamacare is still the law of the land.
Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:35 - Aug 15 with 1210 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:24 - Aug 15 by Ace_Jack

Ok here’s a criticism. Trump is trying to undermine the democratic process by hampering the ability of the US postal service. How can anyone who supports free and democratic elections support this action?

That’s not a criticism, that’s just a statement.

He is absolutely right to push back against postal voting. That isn’t pushing back against democracy or the notion of democratic voting, you have conflated the two like a good anti Trump hack. Intentionally I’m sure.

There are clearly problems with the postal voting method.

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:36 - Aug 15 with 1207 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:34 - Aug 15 by Ace_Jack

So you agree with me that Obamacare is still the law of the land.

No, not at all.

Parts of the affordable care act are still in operation after Trump heavily amended the core of it to make it at least workable.

Obamacare in terms of what it was, is rightly dead. A horrific failure.

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:43 - Aug 15 with 1196 viewsAce_Jack

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:35 - Aug 15 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s not a criticism, that’s just a statement.

He is absolutely right to push back against postal voting. That isn’t pushing back against democracy or the notion of democratic voting, you have conflated the two like a good anti Trump hack. Intentionally I’m sure.

There are clearly problems with the postal voting method.

In his own words he said he was undermining USPS to make it harder to vote by mail. How is making it harder to vote not undermining the democratic process? He’s already said the quiet part out loud.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/13/donald-trump-usps-post-office-el

Hypocritical to “push back” on postal voting while he and his wife have requested postal ballots but I’m sure their need for a postal vote won’t be affected because it’s somehow more legitimate than the millions of other Americans he’s trying to discourage from voting.
Login to get fewer ads

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:45 - Aug 15 with 1188 viewsAce_Jack

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:36 - Aug 15 by Dr_Parnassus

No, not at all.

Parts of the affordable care act are still in operation after Trump heavily amended the core of it to make it at least workable.

Obamacare in terms of what it was, is rightly dead. A horrific failure.

So the affordable care act is still the law passed by Congress, yet to be repealed?
Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:48 - Aug 15 with 1185 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:43 - Aug 15 by Ace_Jack

In his own words he said he was undermining USPS to make it harder to vote by mail. How is making it harder to vote not undermining the democratic process? He’s already said the quiet part out loud.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/13/donald-trump-usps-post-office-el

Hypocritical to “push back” on postal voting while he and his wife have requested postal ballots but I’m sure their need for a postal vote won’t be affected because it’s somehow more legitimate than the millions of other Americans he’s trying to discourage from voting.

To make it impossible to vote by mail ideally. Making it harder isn’t good enough in my opinion.

Again, that isn’t a push back against democracy as you claimed, it’s a push back on a voting process that is clearly horrifically flawed. Universal mail in voting is an embarrassing option if voting integrity is of importance to you.. although I’m not sure it is to many judging by their views.

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:56 - Aug 15 with 1179 viewsAce_Jack

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:48 - Aug 15 by Dr_Parnassus

To make it impossible to vote by mail ideally. Making it harder isn’t good enough in my opinion.

Again, that isn’t a push back against democracy as you claimed, it’s a push back on a voting process that is clearly horrifically flawed. Universal mail in voting is an embarrassing option if voting integrity is of importance to you.. although I’m not sure it is to many judging by their views.

Middle of a global pandemic and you want to make it harder for people to absentee vote. Proper galaxy brain stuff.

From the BBC:

“But these are rare incidents, and the rate of voting fraud overall in the US is between 0.00004% and 0.0009%, according to a 2017 study by the Brennan Center for Justice .

A voter fraud database collated by Arizona State University between 2000 and 2012, found 491 cases of postal ballot fraud out of hundreds of millions of votes.”

https://votingrights.news21.com/interactive/election-fraud-database/

1) there’s no evidence to back up your claim that postal voting is flawed.

2) if it were, why is it acceptable for the president and his wife to have postal ballots while he seeks to obstruct potentially millions of Americans from the process he is free to enjoy?
Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 00:10 - Aug 16 with 1167 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 23:56 - Aug 15 by Ace_Jack

Middle of a global pandemic and you want to make it harder for people to absentee vote. Proper galaxy brain stuff.

From the BBC:

“But these are rare incidents, and the rate of voting fraud overall in the US is between 0.00004% and 0.0009%, according to a 2017 study by the Brennan Center for Justice .

A voter fraud database collated by Arizona State University between 2000 and 2012, found 491 cases of postal ballot fraud out of hundreds of millions of votes.”

https://votingrights.news21.com/interactive/election-fraud-database/

1) there’s no evidence to back up your claim that postal voting is flawed.

2) if it were, why is it acceptable for the president and his wife to have postal ballots while he seeks to obstruct potentially millions of Americans from the process he is free to enjoy?

Not harder, no. Impossible.

I don’t support any voting system that has clear integrity flaws. Universal vote by post comes under that. Any effort to sway against that system is something I fully support for the very reason I support democracy. Having an inherently flawed voting system is not democracy by its very definition as the results of which aren’t guaranteed to be the wishes of the people.

Posting a quote from the Brennan Center (of all places) really isn’t going to convince me otherwise. We have no idea of the impact these flaws in the system can have or how heavily they will be exploited. No vote is the same, motivations behind such acts are absolutely not the same from one situation to another.

Universal post in voting system is not a good system and you would need to really work hard to convince me otherwise.

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 00:24 - Aug 16 with 1159 viewsAce_Jack

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 00:10 - Aug 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Not harder, no. Impossible.

I don’t support any voting system that has clear integrity flaws. Universal vote by post comes under that. Any effort to sway against that system is something I fully support for the very reason I support democracy. Having an inherently flawed voting system is not democracy by its very definition as the results of which aren’t guaranteed to be the wishes of the people.

Posting a quote from the Brennan Center (of all places) really isn’t going to convince me otherwise. We have no idea of the impact these flaws in the system can have or how heavily they will be exploited. No vote is the same, motivations behind such acts are absolutely not the same from one situation to another.

Universal post in voting system is not a good system and you would need to really work hard to convince me otherwise.

The USA has had postal voting since the Civil War and Trump is voting by mail. You know people commit in person voter fraud too? How is that not an integrity flaw?

In the USA there have been approximately 140 convictions of absentee-ballot voter fraud during the last 20 years.

Where are your facts that absentee ballot fraud is a widespread problem? Or is this more of a feeling?
Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 00:42 - Aug 16 with 1146 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 00:24 - Aug 16 by Ace_Jack

The USA has had postal voting since the Civil War and Trump is voting by mail. You know people commit in person voter fraud too? How is that not an integrity flaw?

In the USA there have been approximately 140 convictions of absentee-ballot voter fraud during the last 20 years.

Where are your facts that absentee ballot fraud is a widespread problem? Or is this more of a feeling?

A small fraction of voting has been done by vote - so that isn’t a voting system and that isn’t what is being suggested here. We are talking Universal mail in vote system, again conflating the two isn’t really representing the discussion.

Going on how many have been caught and convicted of voter fraud isn’t an argument against anything is it? Surely you only get convicted if you get caught. As I said, each vote is different and the motivations stronger to exploit these flaws differ from situation to situation.

This situation is probably the strongest possibility of voter fraud and the exploitation of flaws that there has been in modern history. I don’t think I have witnessed such a brazen concerted effort by the left and the MSN to remove a President before in my lifetime, in fact I haven’t.

Citizens are able to go to the grocery store and the pharmacy (and would have to post their ballot in many cases) so while the Centers of Control and Disease have released guidelines to back in person voting if preventative measures are in place then that has to be the best way.

Mail in ballots are far more vulnerable to being lost, stolen, being altered or forged - it’s not just about creating fraudulent ballots.

Four Paterson residents have already been charged with criminal election fraud, including a councilman and councilman-elect. Evidence has come to light of voters reporting they haven’t received their ballots (eventhough they are recorded as voted) and accusations that one of the campaigns may have submitted fraudulent ballots:

Mail in ballots also have a far higher rejection rate than in person votes. New York rejected 1 in 5 mail in ballots to give an example. There is no election official in people’s homes to answer their questions or explain the process.

All in all it’s a horrendous idea and one that isn’t needed.

Back in 2012 before this anti trump nonsense the New York Times said “votes cast by mail are less likely to be counted, more likely to be compromised and more likely to be contested than those cast in a voting booth”.

They are of course correct, but something tells me their views will have magically reversed on that in 2020. Wonder why.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 0:43]

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 01:13 - Aug 16 with 1127 viewsAce_Jack

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 00:42 - Aug 16 by Dr_Parnassus

A small fraction of voting has been done by vote - so that isn’t a voting system and that isn’t what is being suggested here. We are talking Universal mail in vote system, again conflating the two isn’t really representing the discussion.

Going on how many have been caught and convicted of voter fraud isn’t an argument against anything is it? Surely you only get convicted if you get caught. As I said, each vote is different and the motivations stronger to exploit these flaws differ from situation to situation.

This situation is probably the strongest possibility of voter fraud and the exploitation of flaws that there has been in modern history. I don’t think I have witnessed such a brazen concerted effort by the left and the MSN to remove a President before in my lifetime, in fact I haven’t.

Citizens are able to go to the grocery store and the pharmacy (and would have to post their ballot in many cases) so while the Centers of Control and Disease have released guidelines to back in person voting if preventative measures are in place then that has to be the best way.

Mail in ballots are far more vulnerable to being lost, stolen, being altered or forged - it’s not just about creating fraudulent ballots.

Four Paterson residents have already been charged with criminal election fraud, including a councilman and councilman-elect. Evidence has come to light of voters reporting they haven’t received their ballots (eventhough they are recorded as voted) and accusations that one of the campaigns may have submitted fraudulent ballots:

Mail in ballots also have a far higher rejection rate than in person votes. New York rejected 1 in 5 mail in ballots to give an example. There is no election official in people’s homes to answer their questions or explain the process.

All in all it’s a horrendous idea and one that isn’t needed.

Back in 2012 before this anti trump nonsense the New York Times said “votes cast by mail are less likely to be counted, more likely to be compromised and more likely to be contested than those cast in a voting booth”.

They are of course correct, but something tells me their views will have magically reversed on that in 2020. Wonder why.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 0:43]

You said you want it to be impossible for people to vote by mail and apparently I’m the one conflating the issue of all mail ballots being unacceptable and mail in ballots being acceptable in some instances?

So which is it? Is postal voting acceptable or would you like it to be impossible?

“Going on how many have been caught and convicted of voter fraud isn’t an argument against anything is it?”

That’s like arguing that the murder rate in this country isn’t decreasing because we don’t know about all the unreported murders that might be happening. I don’t want to be rude but that’s a pretty f**king moronic thing to say.

The rejection rate you’ve cited was for one primary election in New York State. It’s not correct to say that 1/5 of New York State absentee ballots are rejected. NY has quite restrictive mail in ballot regulations and a population not used to voting by mail so it’s hardly surprising that in the middle of a pandemic the state and the voters struggled to deal with the election. Thousands of ballots in New York were rejected for not having a postmark and could not be verified that they were posted on time.

Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, and Washington already have “all mail elections” and the sky hasn’t fallen in there.

I’d take your concern about ballots getting lost or stolen in transit if you hadn’t already defended a President who admitted to undermining the USPS for the explicit purpose of making those outcomes more likely. That’s an argument in bolstering the postal service, not undermining it.
Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 01:45 - Aug 16 with 1099 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 01:13 - Aug 16 by Ace_Jack

You said you want it to be impossible for people to vote by mail and apparently I’m the one conflating the issue of all mail ballots being unacceptable and mail in ballots being acceptable in some instances?

So which is it? Is postal voting acceptable or would you like it to be impossible?

“Going on how many have been caught and convicted of voter fraud isn’t an argument against anything is it?”

That’s like arguing that the murder rate in this country isn’t decreasing because we don’t know about all the unreported murders that might be happening. I don’t want to be rude but that’s a pretty f**king moronic thing to say.

The rejection rate you’ve cited was for one primary election in New York State. It’s not correct to say that 1/5 of New York State absentee ballots are rejected. NY has quite restrictive mail in ballot regulations and a population not used to voting by mail so it’s hardly surprising that in the middle of a pandemic the state and the voters struggled to deal with the election. Thousands of ballots in New York were rejected for not having a postmark and could not be verified that they were posted on time.

Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, and Washington already have “all mail elections” and the sky hasn’t fallen in there.

I’d take your concern about ballots getting lost or stolen in transit if you hadn’t already defended a President who admitted to undermining the USPS for the explicit purpose of making those outcomes more likely. That’s an argument in bolstering the postal service, not undermining it.

I want it impossible for there to be a Universal vote by mail system. Don't be disingenuous, this is why anti Trumpers and the MSN have such little weight in debates or political discussions because they intentionally twist meanings and take debates away from the discussion at hand.

Changing a small fraction of the vote to an inaccurate way of voting (to which 20% of which are rejected in some of the most important voting Cities) to 100% of the vote to that method is not something I support, or something anyone who is a supporter of democracy should support.

Your comparison to the murder rate is ridiculous, I would like to think you wouldn't need me to explain to you why... but I shall anyway.

A murder has a visible victim, so you can understand the extent of that crime even if you have no conviction or perpetrator. Voter fraud is impossible to detect in terms of gauging its impact unless you catch the crime. The difference is staggering, come on you aren't that stupid i'm sure of it, I refuse to believe it in fact.

It's a bit like stating that there is evidence to suggest that foreign spies are an issue and you telling me the conviction rate of spies to disprove it. Just like voter fraud, the concept of spying is largely designed to go undetected.

As for NY rejection of ballots, it is not limited to NY. To think it is shows you that you don't fully understand the issue of Universal post-in voting.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 1:53]

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 02:01 - Aug 16 with 1091 viewsAce_Jack

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 01:45 - Aug 16 by Dr_Parnassus

I want it impossible for there to be a Universal vote by mail system. Don't be disingenuous, this is why anti Trumpers and the MSN have such little weight in debates or political discussions because they intentionally twist meanings and take debates away from the discussion at hand.

Changing a small fraction of the vote to an inaccurate way of voting (to which 20% of which are rejected in some of the most important voting Cities) to 100% of the vote to that method is not something I support, or something anyone who is a supporter of democracy should support.

Your comparison to the murder rate is ridiculous, I would like to think you wouldn't need me to explain to you why... but I shall anyway.

A murder has a visible victim, so you can understand the extent of that crime even if you have no conviction or perpetrator. Voter fraud is impossible to detect in terms of gauging its impact unless you catch the crime. The difference is staggering, come on you aren't that stupid i'm sure of it, I refuse to believe it in fact.

It's a bit like stating that there is evidence to suggest that foreign spies are an issue and you telling me the conviction rate of spies to disprove it. Just like voter fraud, the concept of spying is largely designed to go undetected.

As for NY rejection of ballots, it is not limited to NY. To think it is shows you that you don't fully understand the issue of Universal post-in voting.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 1:53]

So in short you don’t want everyone to get a postal vote because of your unsubstantiated feelings about voter fraud?

So you agree that some people should be entitled to vote by post? Trump for example. If you do agree that some people should be allowed to vote by mail, in what way is the presidents undermining of the US postal service, also not undermining the voting capabilities of Americans you’ve arbitrarily deemed worthy of a postal vote. How can you guarantee that they won’t be affected by Trump making it harder to vote by mail? Or don’t you care?
Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 02:02 - Aug 16 with 1089 viewsDJack

Dr_Parnassus do you actually believe what you are regurgitating or are you just a good little boot-licker?

Voting fraud by mail doesn't even get to a rounding error level of wrong.

You just spout conservative talking points. The ONLY way that Trump is going to win is by dirty tricks. This has already started by the US Postal Master, who he appointed, is refusing to request funds for the postal system to cope with the demand of postal voting. This guy funded the Trump campaigning and he is the FIRST EVER Post Master not to be appointed from within.

The swamp is drowning America.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 02:24 - Aug 16 with 1078 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 02:01 - Aug 16 by Ace_Jack

So in short you don’t want everyone to get a postal vote because of your unsubstantiated feelings about voter fraud?

So you agree that some people should be entitled to vote by post? Trump for example. If you do agree that some people should be allowed to vote by mail, in what way is the presidents undermining of the US postal service, also not undermining the voting capabilities of Americans you’ve arbitrarily deemed worthy of a postal vote. How can you guarantee that they won’t be affected by Trump making it harder to vote by mail? Or don’t you care?

I don't want 100% of the vote to be changed to a postal vote as per the suggestion, no. Due to its obvious unreliable nature. This has been shown clearly by NY and other areas that have a similar rejection rate, and that's just for the presumably genuine ballots.

Trump's actions is to undermine the Postal Service in order for a far more reliable, sensible and democratic voting system to have to be turned to. Trump is refusing to give them EXTRA funds in order to process the whole vote, he isn't stopping them processing a normal level of postal voting.

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 02:26 - Aug 16 with 1077 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 02:02 - Aug 16 by DJack

Dr_Parnassus do you actually believe what you are regurgitating or are you just a good little boot-licker?

Voting fraud by mail doesn't even get to a rounding error level of wrong.

You just spout conservative talking points. The ONLY way that Trump is going to win is by dirty tricks. This has already started by the US Postal Master, who he appointed, is refusing to request funds for the postal system to cope with the demand of postal voting. This guy funded the Trump campaigning and he is the FIRST EVER Post Master not to be appointed from within.

The swamp is drowning America.

Of course. Which part are you referring to specifically? I am sure I would have explained my position on it in detail but happily will do so again if needed.

There is no ''spouting'' or ''regurgitating'', they are talking points for a reason. They are valid.

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 03:23 - Aug 16 with 1063 viewsDJack

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 02:26 - Aug 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course. Which part are you referring to specifically? I am sure I would have explained my position on it in detail but happily will do so again if needed.

There is no ''spouting'' or ''regurgitating'', they are talking points for a reason. They are valid.

Talking points are not valid as they are generally cherry picked, facts without proper context, misrepresentations or downright lies...which is why they are called talking points.

We could do a back and forth for months on this thread and nothing would be achieved. I'll just wait for the result of the election and I hope for America's sake they dump Trump. That said don't confuse my hope for an endorsment of Biden as he is just another face of rampant corporate America but he is someone the Democrats can rally around.

I'll also add that unless the Democrats can win both houses by a very large margin they may never "repair" America as they need to make constitutional amendments to ensure the separation of the arms of government to try to ensure that in a future government the checks and balences of state is not undermind.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 03:32 - Aug 16 with 1062 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 03:23 - Aug 16 by DJack

Talking points are not valid as they are generally cherry picked, facts without proper context, misrepresentations or downright lies...which is why they are called talking points.

We could do a back and forth for months on this thread and nothing would be achieved. I'll just wait for the result of the election and I hope for America's sake they dump Trump. That said don't confuse my hope for an endorsment of Biden as he is just another face of rampant corporate America but he is someone the Democrats can rally around.

I'll also add that unless the Democrats can win both houses by a very large margin they may never "repair" America as they need to make constitutional amendments to ensure the separation of the arms of government to try to ensure that in a future government the checks and balences of state is not undermind.

Of course they are valid, they are points to discuss, hence.. talking points. Nothing I have discussed here is misrepresented or a lie. It's fairly common knowledge and widely accepted (prior to the last 6-8 weeks, ironically) that postal voting has a poor record when it comes to accurate voting. The evidence on that is clear. The opposite of that is just Democratic talking points, surely?

Why would you want America to dump Trump? Again let's talk specifics. Happy to discuss the positives and negatives of his administration and the effects of that on the country. However, anti-Trumpers don't like to do that however, because they are immediately on shaky ground. It's a tough sell to argue against the successes of his administration - which is why they tend to harp on about personal stuff.

America (pre covid) was in the best shape it had been for decades on all major political points. Biden and Harris who have a mandate to pander against the interests of the country is an incredibly dangerous proposition.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 3:35]

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 07:27 - Aug 16 with 1000 viewsBest_loser

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 03:32 - Aug 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course they are valid, they are points to discuss, hence.. talking points. Nothing I have discussed here is misrepresented or a lie. It's fairly common knowledge and widely accepted (prior to the last 6-8 weeks, ironically) that postal voting has a poor record when it comes to accurate voting. The evidence on that is clear. The opposite of that is just Democratic talking points, surely?

Why would you want America to dump Trump? Again let's talk specifics. Happy to discuss the positives and negatives of his administration and the effects of that on the country. However, anti-Trumpers don't like to do that however, because they are immediately on shaky ground. It's a tough sell to argue against the successes of his administration - which is why they tend to harp on about personal stuff.

America (pre covid) was in the best shape it had been for decades on all major political points. Biden and Harris who have a mandate to pander against the interests of the country is an incredibly dangerous proposition.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 3:35]

What successes ?

Do you mean increasing the USA national debt to 27 TRILLION

Or adding just 3 miles to the wall he promised to build

You know trump is a crook, for some reason you choose to ignore it and spin a load of bs

Come November if an election takes place, it will not be alt right on the night
Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 08:55 - Aug 16 with 985 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 07:27 - Aug 16 by Best_loser

What successes ?

Do you mean increasing the USA national debt to 27 TRILLION

Or adding just 3 miles to the wall he promised to build

You know trump is a crook, for some reason you choose to ignore it and spin a load of bs

Come November if an election takes place, it will not be alt right on the night

Incredible successes.

- 6.7 million jobs created since he came to office
- lowest overall unemployment rate in history
- lowest black unemployment rate in history
- female unemployment lowest in 65 years
- fastest manufacturing rate for 30+ years
- median household income reaches highest level ever recorded
- 3.9 million Americans came off food stamps
- Obamacare individual mandate penalty removed in its entirety
- Approved more affordable generic drugs than ever in history.

These are the tip of the iceberg. It really has been one of the best Presidential reigns I can remember in terms of actual output.

If you want to keep bashing the man’s character like some some of tabloid hack then be my guest, all I’m interested in is the politics and his administration has been fantastic for the country which is why the left and the Democrats are absolutely furious.

As for National debt, that’s a bit disingenuous. It has been on a steady incline since 2010 long before Trump came into power. The fact it remains on that same course despite Covid is pretty remarkable with the relief packages the Governments have to fund, that’s a global issue not an American one.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 10:43]

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 09:17 - Aug 16 with 972 viewsBest_loser

Kamala Harris Vs Donald Trump on 08:55 - Aug 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Incredible successes.

- 6.7 million jobs created since he came to office
- lowest overall unemployment rate in history
- lowest black unemployment rate in history
- female unemployment lowest in 65 years
- fastest manufacturing rate for 30+ years
- median household income reaches highest level ever recorded
- 3.9 million Americans came off food stamps
- Obamacare individual mandate penalty removed in its entirety
- Approved more affordable generic drugs than ever in history.

These are the tip of the iceberg. It really has been one of the best Presidential reigns I can remember in terms of actual output.

If you want to keep bashing the man’s character like some some of tabloid hack then be my guest, all I’m interested in is the politics and his administration has been fantastic for the country which is why the left and the Democrats are absolutely furious.

As for National debt, that’s a bit disingenuous. It has been on a steady incline since 2010 long before Trump came into power. The fact it remains on that same course despite Covid is pretty remarkable with the relief packages the Governments have to fund, that’s a global issue not an American one.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 10:43]

Obama created 12 million jobs

If trump is so great then how come the people he appoints to his administration keep getting sacked or they quit in disgust

Didn't he say he only picks the best people

Lots of republicans oppose trump, , they don't want their legacy to show they supported someone like him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024