Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs 21:20 - Sep 21 with 4420 views442Dale

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/september/club-statement/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 08:59 - Sep 22 with 1068 viewsjudd

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 08:47 - Sep 22 by Frites

He is universally known in the area as Robbie- the clue is in the statement heading ‘latest update from Robbie’. I lived in the area and may actually may know a bit more about the club and the context than you do.....
I used to think you knew what you were talking about, I have reconsidered my opinion!

How remiss of me to not be clued up on how certain chairman are known universally in their area.

It may be some comfort to you that your opinion of me matters not one jot.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 10:32 - Sep 22 with 954 viewsdawlishdale

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 23:03 - Sep 21 by D_Alien

It's a good statement, except i don't believe it was put together by the person whose name appears at the bottom

If he had as much grip on the erm...affairs of the club, he'd be vocalising them at fan forums and meeting with the Trust to further elucidate our position

But nevertheless, and however it originated, as an update it served its purpose, and was welcome at the time

Ahh; so I'm not alone in thinking that the "Chairmans statement" wasn't penned by him.

Am I also alone in questioning why Humphreys went to great lengths to praise DB by name when he signed? Never ever in my time supporting Dale has a player mentioned the CEO when signing for us....It's very strange.

Back on topic, I think the CUFC statement is both interesting and informative, and unlike VivaDonaldo (or was it Frites) I think that telling supporters about the income we receive from streaming games is of interest, and would give us a better understanding of just how tough things are.

Instead, the club seems to have developed an "us versus them" mentality which is quite sad when you think how approachable it was only ten years ago. I strongly suspect that there are one or two club employees who post on this messageboard.
Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 11:39 - Sep 22 with 902 viewsVivaDonaldo

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 10:32 - Sep 22 by dawlishdale

Ahh; so I'm not alone in thinking that the "Chairmans statement" wasn't penned by him.

Am I also alone in questioning why Humphreys went to great lengths to praise DB by name when he signed? Never ever in my time supporting Dale has a player mentioned the CEO when signing for us....It's very strange.

Back on topic, I think the CUFC statement is both interesting and informative, and unlike VivaDonaldo (or was it Frites) I think that telling supporters about the income we receive from streaming games is of interest, and would give us a better understanding of just how tough things are.

Instead, the club seems to have developed an "us versus them" mentality which is quite sad when you think how approachable it was only ten years ago. I strongly suspect that there are one or two club employees who post on this messageboard.

I dont think disclosing some income is a bad thing, season card sales, I follow etc. Its just this thing around transfer income I don't get.

I just think it just puts the club in a weaker spot when negotiating with other clubs and agents as they would effectively know our hand.
Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 12:12 - Sep 22 with 840 viewsVivaDonaldo

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 11:39 - Sep 22 by VivaDonaldo

I dont think disclosing some income is a bad thing, season card sales, I follow etc. Its just this thing around transfer income I don't get.

I just think it just puts the club in a weaker spot when negotiating with other clubs and agents as they would effectively know our hand.

To slightly expand on this. I dont believe disclosing some ordinary income would expose the club in negotiations as its obvious that these wouldn't cover the running costs of the club.

Its the extraordinary income like transfer that I can understand clubs being guarded about, both buying and selling and we're not alone in this respect. I'd go as far as to say it's very rare any club explicitly put any transfer fee paid or received out there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024