Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here we go, Swansea in lockdown 13:30 - Sep 25 with 9090 viewsAndy1300

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54285704

All a bit unnecessary to be honest.

Cases mean nothing without deaths, and they are possibly a lot of false positives.

Number 1 team in Wales

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 21:12 - Sep 25 with 1308 viewsAndy1300

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 14:28 - Sep 25 by onehunglow

We will simply never get rid of this virus until our tw'ats realise it really int a Govt made fantasy or a ruse for power ;its a killer disease and that means it can kill any of us.

It means wearing a cloth in a shop.Why not? Why are those not challenged,why are they served.Alcohol,tobacco,baldes and paracetamol ales are challenged as it is law;as this should be. Boris is stupid and criminally negligent in this regard. Common Sense?.Get into the real world and see what clown we have for a nation.

Decent people are dying because some like to party.Think on that folks.

Just what is there to party about anyway

More people are dying because of drunk drivers or people driving like idiots, at the moment

Number 1 team in Wales

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 21:22 - Sep 25 with 1259 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 16:57 - Sep 25 by Kilkennyjack

So Drakeford opening up earlier would have had a better outcome for Wales ?

Ok then.

Yes it would have been better for the welsh economy and a slow release would not have made everyone rush to the pubs and raves .
Plus all the outside beach parties could have been avoided if people could drink in a safe environment.

The east of England came out of lockdown a lot early and despite it being a tourist area the cases are about a third of the Welsh hotspots.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 21:24 - Sep 25 with 1254 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 18:22 - Sep 25 by Kilkennyjack

Track, trace and local lockdowns.
Get on top of the virus.
You cant fight it if you dont know where it is.

WHO been saying it for ages.

Our government of clowns and incompetants are simply not up the job.
They think its funny to call the failing track and trace system the ‘NHS Track and Trace’ because they want to protect it from criticism. Its outsourced to Dido and friends - and failing badly.
Lets call it what it is.

Track and trace and NHS are devolved to the Welsh Assembly.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 22:08 - Sep 25 with 1221 viewsKilkennyjack

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 21:24 - Sep 25 by felixstowe_jack

Track and trace and NHS are devolved to the Welsh Assembly.

UK govt capped testing numbers in a pandemic simply because the labs could not cope.

Welsh govt provided addition tests to save the day.

Beware of the Risen People

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 22:11 - Sep 25 with 1217 viewsVincent_Vega

I’ve heard the R number for people falling under ‘the Drakes’ spell is at 2.5 which can only be a great thing...

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 22:16 - Sep 25 with 1210 viewsKilkennyjack

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 21:22 - Sep 25 by felixstowe_jack

Yes it would have been better for the welsh economy and a slow release would not have made everyone rush to the pubs and raves .
Plus all the outside beach parties could have been avoided if people could drink in a safe environment.

The east of England came out of lockdown a lot early and despite it being a tourist area the cases are about a third of the Welsh hotspots.

So ....., you think that letting people move around in a pandemic results in less covid cases ?
You dont understand this stuff.

You also think that allowing business to start opening earlier will result in the business saving up money to get them through the inevitable later lockdown.
You think this is better than than , say, a slower and sustained opening of the economy, that avoids a later lockdown.
You really dont understand this stuff.

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 22:24 - Sep 25 with 1189 viewsKilkennyjack

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 22:11 - Sep 25 by Vincent_Vega

I’ve heard the R number for people falling under ‘the Drakes’ spell is at 2.5 which can only be a great thing...

The UK is a covid disaster zone.

Nobody agrees with you, you fool.

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 22:35 - Sep 25 with 1184 viewsmajorraglan

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 14:54 - Sep 25 by builthjack

There are some though who are just arrogant and refuse to wear one. B@astards they are.
Anyway, anyone could wear a visor surely?

And then there’s the ones who wear a mask, but don’t cover their nose. Thick as pig ....
Login to get fewer ads

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 23:02 - Sep 25 with 1160 viewsCatullus

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 19:03 - Sep 25 by Highjack

I’m leaning towards this more and more. I was fully behind lockdown in March mainly because the thought of a deadly virus ravaging through my lovely 98 year old grans care home was just vile to me and we all want to protect those we love. But now it’s nearly October, I haven’t been able to see her in over six months. She’s now allowed one family visitor once a week for half an hour (cancelled if it’s raining) which is obviously my mum. The rest of the time she’s probably lying in bed wondering why the f*ck everybody has abandoned her. The carers all come in kitted out in masks and goggles and gloves, she’s probably not seen a friendly face or a smile. She has dementia so they won’t be able to explain what’s happening. She must be bloody terrified. The harm we are doing seems to be massively outweigh the risks. If she had the choice she would take the risk of the virus if it meant having her family around rather than just lying alone for months.

Personally I'm more worried about my sons future. I'm only 53 and he's...well it's his 12th today actually. We went 10 pin bowling and we saw lots of people with no masks or masks under their noses obviously unaware of how the mask is meant to work (incidentally exHMRC, where is the evidence that says masks don't work at all, I can argue that without people wearing masks there would be many, many more cases) but we saw it through and came home. Since schools reopened my son has been much better, happier in himself. Months of being at home under lockdown were taking their toll, myself and his mum talked about it, he had become more withdrawn even from us, spent too long on his computer. My point is, if it's a choice between risking my own life or ruining his future then I'll take the risks. I don't have a death wish, I want to be here for him as long as he needs me but, if someone could prove to me that my dying tomorrow would be the best thing for him I'd say pass the gun!
We need to follow the rules, wear masks, social distamnce etc. The higher risk people (like myself) need to be more careful but we can't get into a cycle of lockdown, open up lockdown, open up because the cure will turn out to be worse than the disease. We will do more damage in the long term than we will prevent.
When I saw the posts about the risks and how many people will die of covid compared to cancer, or even accidents at home, well it's an eye opener. Life is a risk, what is the point in saving the present if it destroys the future?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 23:14 - Sep 25 with 1146 viewschad

So true Cat
Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 23:26 - Sep 25 with 1134 viewsexhmrc1

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 23:02 - Sep 25 by Catullus

Personally I'm more worried about my sons future. I'm only 53 and he's...well it's his 12th today actually. We went 10 pin bowling and we saw lots of people with no masks or masks under their noses obviously unaware of how the mask is meant to work (incidentally exHMRC, where is the evidence that says masks don't work at all, I can argue that without people wearing masks there would be many, many more cases) but we saw it through and came home. Since schools reopened my son has been much better, happier in himself. Months of being at home under lockdown were taking their toll, myself and his mum talked about it, he had become more withdrawn even from us, spent too long on his computer. My point is, if it's a choice between risking my own life or ruining his future then I'll take the risks. I don't have a death wish, I want to be here for him as long as he needs me but, if someone could prove to me that my dying tomorrow would be the best thing for him I'd say pass the gun!
We need to follow the rules, wear masks, social distamnce etc. The higher risk people (like myself) need to be more careful but we can't get into a cycle of lockdown, open up lockdown, open up because the cure will turn out to be worse than the disease. We will do more damage in the long term than we will prevent.
When I saw the posts about the risks and how many people will die of covid compared to cancer, or even accidents at home, well it's an eye opener. Life is a risk, what is the point in saving the present if it destroys the future?

The wearing of face masks in shops was made compulsory in Wales on 15 September. On that day there were 110 new cases in Wales and none in Swansea Bay. Today there was 320 new cases in Wales and 47 in Swansea Bay. This is following the figures after masks were introduced in England. Instead of cases going down as you would expect if masks were preventing infections they went up. Prior to the introduction of masks in Wales figures repeatedly went down until Drakeford allowed pubs to reopen and Johnson brought in his Air Bridges.
On 1 May there were 160 cases in Wales, 1 June there were 59, 1 August 21. These are showing a drop with no masks being used. Pubs were allowed to open on 3 August. 9 days later on 12 August there were 8 new cases and as can be seen had reduced further. On 18 August the figure had increased to 24. By 1 September the figure had increased to 51 and on 23 September it was 389.

As can be seen the figures dropped over a 4 month period whilst no masks were being worn yet from the time England decided to make masks compulsory their figures have continually gone up. It might well be that when people have masks they become blase and dont take the same precaution of being 2 metres away because they feel safer but the figures show that whilst masks weren't being worn the number of new cases dropped but since their introduction new cases has increased.
Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 23:35 - Sep 25 with 1129 viewsCatullus

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 23:26 - Sep 25 by exhmrc1

The wearing of face masks in shops was made compulsory in Wales on 15 September. On that day there were 110 new cases in Wales and none in Swansea Bay. Today there was 320 new cases in Wales and 47 in Swansea Bay. This is following the figures after masks were introduced in England. Instead of cases going down as you would expect if masks were preventing infections they went up. Prior to the introduction of masks in Wales figures repeatedly went down until Drakeford allowed pubs to reopen and Johnson brought in his Air Bridges.
On 1 May there were 160 cases in Wales, 1 June there were 59, 1 August 21. These are showing a drop with no masks being used. Pubs were allowed to open on 3 August. 9 days later on 12 August there were 8 new cases and as can be seen had reduced further. On 18 August the figure had increased to 24. By 1 September the figure had increased to 51 and on 23 September it was 389.

As can be seen the figures dropped over a 4 month period whilst no masks were being worn yet from the time England decided to make masks compulsory their figures have continually gone up. It might well be that when people have masks they become blase and dont take the same precaution of being 2 metres away because they feel safer but the figures show that whilst masks weren't being worn the number of new cases dropped but since their introduction new cases has increased.

Been here before, wearing masks isn't all about preventing infection. It reduces viral dose expelled into the surrounding environ by up to 80% so if someone does get infected, with a smaller viral load you will probably be less severely ill. Seeing as the death rate has dropped dramatically...well, you won't see it so why bother?

Another problem is testing, you have said we are testing more and indeed, more than elsewhere in Europe, so were these cases already there and are being discovered due to testing?

Still it's going around in circles.

Stay safe.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 00:04 - Sep 26 with 1114 viewsexhmrc1

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 23:35 - Sep 25 by Catullus

Been here before, wearing masks isn't all about preventing infection. It reduces viral dose expelled into the surrounding environ by up to 80% so if someone does get infected, with a smaller viral load you will probably be less severely ill. Seeing as the death rate has dropped dramatically...well, you won't see it so why bother?

Another problem is testing, you have said we are testing more and indeed, more than elsewhere in Europe, so were these cases already there and are being discovered due to testing?

Stay safe.

There probably were cases not being picked up but that would have been more so in the initial stages. Testing numbers have picked up in recent months but undoubtedly there will be small amounts missed. There is now more targeted testing so you will pick up more. Random testing is pointless as you pick very few cases. Going back to a day in August when there was 19 new cases there were nearly 4000 tests so it would still work out proportionately at 50 not 300+
Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 08:22 - Sep 26 with 1014 viewsScotia

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 16:57 - Sep 25 by exhmrc1

So your now cherry picking. How about Birmingham, Greater Manchester, the North East, Leicester etc which all went into lockdown before anywhere in Wales and went into lockdown because Johnson opened pubs earlier than Drakeford and it spread earlier.

The reality is that since both countries have opened up pubs cases have multiplied and it has been made far worse by Johnson opening up our borders with Air Bridges. People went on holidays to a multitude of countries which they were told were safe only to bring coronavirus back with them.

The end result is that many more businesses will end up closing due to following your policy to save the travel and hospitality industries. How many jobs are going to go in things like factories, offices and shops for letting the virus in and allowing it to spread. Confidence is now back to rock bottom. Listen to the head of Next today.

Look at the reality of how places that closed their borders have fared compared to us. The evidence is clear but it doesnt suit your wishes.

So are the places I mentioned not in England?

I'm sorry this lock down proves you were completely wrong, there's no cherry picking that.
Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 09:07 - Sep 26 with 991 viewsexhmrc1

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 08:22 - Sep 26 by Scotia

I'm sorry this lock down proves you were completely wrong, there's no cherry picking that.

No it doesnt prove that I am wrong. Test, trace and protect details show that the spread in Llanelli, RCT, Blaenau Gwent, Merthyr Tydfil, Newport and RCT has been attributable to spread in pubs. The very pubs you wanted open and has led to the spread of the virus. Many cases original came in from people travelling back from abroad on holidays. Guess who supported that policy. We now have Leeds in local lockdown so have most of the largest cities in England in local lockdown with reports suggesting London following soon. So you have Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds in or having been in lockdown. By the way Drakeford's policies have nothing to do with this. There was an article of one of your beloved friends in the hospitality trade flooding a restaurant with customers on Thursday night in Swansea. No doubt you back that because they had a period they couldnt make money.

There is absolutely clear evidence that certain trades are instrumental in the spread of the virus. Had we not opened them we would not be in the position we are now. Your suggestion we could somehow limit or control the virus has been totally disproved in many countries.
Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 09:21 - Sep 26 with 983 viewsKilkennyjack

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 08:22 - Sep 26 by Scotia

Stop digging mate, give it up.

You are wrong - and thats that.

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 09:37 - Sep 26 with 974 views1983

Nothing new there really the city centre has been in lock down since the 1980's the state on the place

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 09:45 - Sep 26 with 971 viewsonehunglow

Lockdown in Liverpool? Really. Not the reality,as is the case in most cities.People behaving like di1ckheads unbelievaing this virus can kill them or loved ones.It does.

Reality is this.If we release all and have full sports stadia,pubs,restaurants,cinemas and workplaces with people in close proximity the reality is the virus will spread and wipe ut millions. Fact.An uncomfortable one Many have not yet FULLY understood where mankind lies now.Holidays,p1issups,leisure pursuits,sports and work are affected .We cannot avoid that.

We do not even have a nation that has the gut to challenge those who refuse a mask,nor to keep a distance.

Until we do, we are fecked.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 09:52 - Sep 26 with 968 viewsScotia

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 09:21 - Sep 26 by Kilkennyjack

Stop digging mate, give it up.

You are wrong - and thats that.

What part of that is wrong?
Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 10:03 - Sep 26 with 964 viewsScotia

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 09:07 - Sep 26 by exhmrc1

No it doesnt prove that I am wrong. Test, trace and protect details show that the spread in Llanelli, RCT, Blaenau Gwent, Merthyr Tydfil, Newport and RCT has been attributable to spread in pubs. The very pubs you wanted open and has led to the spread of the virus. Many cases original came in from people travelling back from abroad on holidays. Guess who supported that policy. We now have Leeds in local lockdown so have most of the largest cities in England in local lockdown with reports suggesting London following soon. So you have Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds in or having been in lockdown. By the way Drakeford's policies have nothing to do with this. There was an article of one of your beloved friends in the hospitality trade flooding a restaurant with customers on Thursday night in Swansea. No doubt you back that because they had a period they couldnt make money.

There is absolutely clear evidence that certain trades are instrumental in the spread of the virus. Had we not opened them we would not be in the position we are now. Your suggestion we could somehow limit or control the virus has been totally disproved in many countries.

We could not close hospitality long term. It wouldn't effect you because the state already pays your salary.
Similarly with our borders. We would have ruined the economy.

I genuinely don't think you understand how poor WG have handled this situation. I can't understand why?

Don't forget WG allowed pubs and gyms to open with no guidance. There has also been very little enforcement which is again the responsibility of WG.

You also didn't want gyms to open despite the fact that there doesn't seem to have been an outbreak associated with them?

The absolute irrefutable fact is that we were in lockdown for longer than England for absolutely no reason at all. Is this fact wrong?

We have a very high infection and death rate.

Drakeford has cost Welsh jobs and lives.
Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 10:14 - Sep 26 with 952 viewsonehunglow

Im with Killy here,oddly.
Its not so much wrong as a different view.

Im afraid people have not yet realised just how significant a curse this virus is.We have not woken up to its full significance.

My view is that life has changed forever,for the wort and yes its a doomsday scenario but right now,nobody can prove me wrong anymore than they can prove themselves right.

Right now, pubs restaurants sport stadia are places where people are in close proximity spread a killer virus -and it does. Therefore,they should should close and not open until the virus is beaten or when a vaccine is available.

I dont care if everypub and restaurant is wiped out and all sport become amateur if it stops killing people in their millions .

Where Boris is badly wrong is believing he can rely on our unity,strength and common sense.
We are a shallow,selfish island of eejits who see the most meaningless of thing like alcohol and sport as must haves. We are allowing footballer to be paid 300,000+ per week when staff are on minimal wages whilst the club is ten of millions in debt.

Eejit is not strong enough a word for how dumb we are.

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 10:27 - Sep 26 with 942 viewsexhmrc1

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 10:14 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

Im with Killy here,oddly.
Its not so much wrong as a different view.

Im afraid people have not yet realised just how significant a curse this virus is.We have not woken up to its full significance.

My view is that life has changed forever,for the wort and yes its a doomsday scenario but right now,nobody can prove me wrong anymore than they can prove themselves right.

Right now, pubs restaurants sport stadia are places where people are in close proximity spread a killer virus -and it does. Therefore,they should should close and not open until the virus is beaten or when a vaccine is available.

I dont care if everypub and restaurant is wiped out and all sport become amateur if it stops killing people in their millions .

Where Boris is badly wrong is believing he can rely on our unity,strength and common sense.
We are a shallow,selfish island of eejits who see the most meaningless of thing like alcohol and sport as must haves. We are allowing footballer to be paid 300,000+ per week when staff are on minimal wages whilst the club is ten of millions in debt.

Eejit is not strong enough a word for how dumb we are.

We dont often agree but this is the second time in a few weeks.

The absolute biggest mistake of all was opening our borders and letting people bring in the virus from abroad. At the same time we opened pubs in Wales and the net result is what we have now. This is exactly what Scotia called for and somehow beinelieves you can control a virus. The only way to control it is to prevent it getting here and if it does close it down immediately.

Allowing it to get here and opening places where it spreads is absolutely foolish. It has caused problems for other sectors of our industry in particular retail. The retail sector is suffering because of a lack of customer confidence. People are fearful of going out due to the virus and this will cost loads of jobs in that industry. Large offices like Sky in Cardiff and the DVLA and Amazon in Swansea have suffered outbreaks and they are affected to. Schools have opened with more cases than there were in early August and have had to close years because staff or children have the virus.All this would have been prevented if we hadnt opened our borders and pubs.
Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 10:36 - Sep 26 with 939 viewsonehunglow

Its not important if we agree so long as we exchange respectfully.That we do please me.My view are my own and not politically bound by chain. Im serious here-for once.

This virus took my best friend.62 super fit and healthy;taken down and dead within a week.

We have been spoiled in tis country by wealth and peace no matter what and we have kids utterly unable to contemplate anything outside their zone;we have old people who are arrogant-like me and treat kids with distain-like me.Its what we have become.

Im honest to admit it.

I am now 70 and my kids in their 30s .One has a key job in a multi national and the other her own business. Both have and are massively affected by this. Both have large houses and mortgages. One is responsible for closing a factory and the other relies on profession people ,in the main,spending their money with her. Both know how significant Covid is and both believe in lockdown .

This country-GB ,as a whole, is a land of farkckwits. Look around.

Stay safe taxman

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 11:25 - Sep 26 with 926 viewscontroversial_jack

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 23:35 - Sep 25 by Catullus

Stay safe.

We have ramped up testing considerably. That ramp has finished and we are at a consistent rate at the moment, so any increase or decrease will be relevant and fairly accurate
Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 11:32 - Sep 26 with 916 viewsexhmrc1

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 10:36 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

Its not important if we agree so long as we exchange respectfully.That we do please me.My view are my own and not politically bound by chain. Im serious here-for once.

This virus took my best friend.62 super fit and healthy;taken down and dead within a week.

We have been spoiled in tis country by wealth and peace no matter what and we have kids utterly unable to contemplate anything outside their zone;we have old people who are arrogant-like me and treat kids with distain-like me.Its what we have become.

Im honest to admit it.

I am now 70 and my kids in their 30s .One has a key job in a multi national and the other her own business. Both have and are massively affected by this. Both have large houses and mortgages. One is responsible for closing a factory and the other relies on profession people ,in the main,spending their money with her. Both know how significant Covid is and both believe in lockdown .

This country-GB ,as a whole, is a land of farkckwits. Look around.

Stay safe taxman

A friend of mine is in a nursing home.They reopened the nursing home for visiting outside weeks ago. Due to the increase in cases they have now stopped visiting.

I have just spoken to a mate of mine and both he and his wife have had it recently. He is now over it but his wife still has it and is a few days behind him as she caught it off him.

He just told me to be careful as it is a hell of a thing.

We could have avoided this had we been decisive like they have been in places like Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, New Zealand and Australia.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024