Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ifollow info from Accrington 12:02 - Oct 23 with 2739 views442Dale

483 Dale fans bought the game at their place.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

ifollow info from Accrington on 12:33 - Oct 23 with 2680 views49thseason

And Dale didn't receive a penny because the threshold was set at 750 sales . It would be interesting to know what the threshold will be for the rest of the the L1 clubs , as it stands someone decided that ours was 750 , the highest so far. If this is some sort of negotiation, we lost out.
ifollow info from Accrington on 12:44 - Oct 23 with 2658 viewsboromat

ifollow info from Accrington on 12:33 - Oct 23 by 49thseason

And Dale didn't receive a penny because the threshold was set at 750 sales . It would be interesting to know what the threshold will be for the rest of the the L1 clubs , as it stands someone decided that ours was 750 , the highest so far. If this is some sort of negotiation, we lost out.

Seems fair 750 to Accrington would be usual I think.

Where we should win is away days far away where we'd only take 200 and we might get 500 watching. We should take the 300 difference if negotiated correctly.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

ifollow info from Accrington on 12:50 - Oct 23 with 2641 views100notout

ifollow info from Accrington on 12:33 - Oct 23 by 49thseason

I believe the threshold is based on the average number of fans we take to an away game. for Accy 750 sounds about right although I'm sure tvos has the numbers.

Don't think we've lost out on ifollow although you could argue we could have earned 5% of ticket sales.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

ifollow info from Accrington on 12:58 - Oct 23 with 2617 viewsTVOS1907

ifollow info from Accrington on 12:50 - Oct 23 by 100notout

I believe the threshold is based on the average number of fans we take to an away game. for Accy 750 sounds about right although I'm sure tvos has the numbers.

Don't think we've lost out on ifollow although you could argue we could have earned 5% of ticket sales.

I have, although not with me at the moment. They were sent to the club in pre-season to help with the negotiating process.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

ifollow info from Accrington on 13:08 - Oct 23 with 2589 viewsjudd

"On Saturday, we made about £15,000 from iFollow (the Football League’s streaming service) but we would have normally taken over £100,000 for a game against Portsmouth.”

Poll: What is it to be then?

ifollow info from Accrington on 16:04 - Oct 23 with 2379 viewsDaleiLama

ifollow info from Accrington on 12:58 - Oct 23 by TVOS1907

I have, although not with me at the moment. They were sent to the club in pre-season to help with the negotiating process.

If you have all the away attendances, would be grateful if you could post. I won't watch all away games but will target the ones with lowest attendances as club will gain most from those. Tvm.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

ifollow info from Accrington on 16:30 - Oct 23 with 2343 viewsTVOS1907

ifollow info from Accrington on 16:04 - Oct 23 by DaleiLama

If you have all the away attendances, would be grateful if you could post. I won't watch all away games but will target the ones with lowest attendances as club will gain most from those. Tvm.

They aren't in a practical enough format for posting.

The smallest away attendances will be for the furthest trips, though, so the likes of Plymouth, Gillingham, Bristol Rovers, etc.

EDIT: I can send you the spreadsheet by email though.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 21:56]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

ifollow info from Accrington on 16:33 - Oct 23 with 2333 viewsjudd

Would it be a good move for the club to publish the agreed figure at which revenue for us kicks in?

Mind you, we must be doing something right to make about £15,000 in 1 game when Accy have only made £18,540 over 7 games.

Login to get fewer ads

ifollow info from Accrington on 16:44 - Oct 23 with 2308 views442Dale

ifollow info from Accrington on 16:33 - Oct 23 by judd

Would it be a good move for the club to publish the agreed figure at which revenue for us kicks in?

Mind you, we must be doing something right to make about £15,000 in 1 game when Accy have only made £18,540 over 7 games.

With them getting nearly £6.5k from 1200 Peterborough fans after agreeing about half of much in subs, there’s a possibility that quite a lot more Pompey fans would subscribe for their first away game. Could be way, way off the mark of course, but wouldn’t be surprised to see 3-4 thousand Pompey fans watching at home.

Though somebody with more patience and better at maths would have to work out what that would regularly bring in against teams they face!
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 16:47]

ifollow info from Accrington on 16:50 - Oct 23 with 2284 viewsjudd

ifollow info from Accrington on 16:44 - Oct 23 by 442Dale

With them getting nearly £6.5k from 1200 Peterborough fans after agreeing about half of much in subs, there’s a possibility that quite a lot more Pompey fans would subscribe for their first away game. Could be way, way off the mark of course, but wouldn’t be surprised to see 3-4 thousand Pompey fans watching at home.

Though somebody with more patience and better at maths would have to work out what that would regularly bring in against teams they face!
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 16:47]

Indeed, it may be that Portsmouth have been very generous. Their average away following at Dale in the 3 seasons since they returned to League 1 is 1,001.

ifollow info from Accrington on 20:55 - Oct 23 with 2131 viewsDalenet

The other interesting thing here is the Home Fans take up of the FREE iFollow ticket. Looks like just over 300 of their fans use the free pass for each home game - yet they sold about 1000 season tickets I seem to recall. I wonder how many of our 1400 STs are electing to watch on iFollow
ifollow info from Accrington on 21:43 - Oct 23 with 2087 viewsAncoats_Blue

ifollow info from Accrington on 16:04 - Oct 23 by DaleiLama

I second that.
ifollow info from Accrington on 21:44 - Oct 23 with 2085 viewsAncoats_Blue

ifollow info from Accrington on 20:55 - Oct 23 by Dalenet

The other interesting thing here is the Home Fans take up of the FREE iFollow ticket. Looks like just over 300 of their fans use the free pass for each home game - yet they sold about 1000 season tickets I seem to recall. I wonder how many of our 1400 STs are electing to watch on iFollow

The numbers will be lower than ST sales anyway as I’d expect a lot of ST holders at Dale and Accy live in the same household. That or they’re close friends and just watch together on ifollow (don’t tell the COVID Stasi).
ifollow info from Accrington on 07:14 - Oct 24 with 1948 viewsNewbury_Dale

Those Accrington viewing figures are very low.
ifollow info from Accrington on 10:22 - Oct 24 with 1834 viewsDaleiLama

I think that's an excellent idea Judd.

This is what we do at present.

Why not add to that each time: we have agreed with "x club" that any match passes sold over y-value means Dale earns extra much needed revenue to offset the 5% that we would have ordinarily earned by fans purchasing tickets through the club for away fixtures.

It's a win-win and makes sound commercial sense in these financially challenging times 👏

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

ifollow info from Accrington on 11:40 - Oct 24 with 1759 views100notout

I'm sure I read somewhere that clubs are not allowed to publish what the agreed figures.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

ifollow info from Accrington on 12:17 - Oct 24 with 1719 views442Dale

ifollow info from Accrington on 11:40 - Oct 24 by 100notout

I'm sure I read somewhere that clubs are not allowed to publish what the agreed figures.

Yet Accrington have.

Also some numbers here on sales:
https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/18819282.ifollow-purchase-figures-l

Do think it’ll really help if the club can be transparent on these figures in an attempt to increase sales as mentioned in the thread. There’s no real reason not to.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024