Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real ale clique.... 17:22 - Mar 9 with 9201 viewsncfc_chalky

Tonight I will be mostly supping Brewdog ales....

Layer Cake marshmallow and chocolate stout (7%)

Double Punk (8%)

Lazer Quest marshmallow and pineapple IPA (6%)

Not to everybody's taste I know but anybody tried them?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Real ale clique.... on 15:42 - Mar 10 with 1653 viewsIOMDale

Real ale clique.... on 15:39 - Mar 10 by ncfc_chalky

I had about three or four Brewdogs,a couple of wheat beers that somebody suggested that I should try and a banana bread ale that I can still taste when I burp

It’s getting bad when Chalky is being driven to drink over Dale’s poor form!

Do like the Banana Bread beer but realise it’s an acquired taste.

UTDNFS

Real ale clique.... on 15:47 - Mar 10 with 1632 viewsDaleiLama

Real ale clique.... on 15:39 - Mar 10 by ncfc_chalky

I had about three or four Brewdogs,a couple of wheat beers that somebody suggested that I should try and a banana bread ale that I can still taste when I burp

Had a chuckle about your Shippo's comment Chalky - went to Uni in Leicester so had similar experiences with their mild which was very tasty back in the day (80s).

You should check your drinks before consuming - if the beer weiss says Hefe it means yeast. Similarly with cans - check if it says unfiltered, or contains yeast etc.

Yeast can stop you up, but it can also be a laxative. I think you know the answer in your case?

There's no gain without pain!!!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Real ale clique.... on 15:48 - Mar 10 with 1621 viewsD_Alien

Real ale clique.... on 15:29 - Mar 10 by ncfc_chalky

I've not felt as rough as I did this morning nor spent so much time on the bog since I drank four pints of Shipstones back in the 70's,ffs is this normal for real/craft ales? If it is then I might give it a rest

Dead simple chalky, you were doing what was known as "mixing it"

That used to apply to having a combo of maybe beer/lager plus wines and spirits in a session. Looking at what you posted on last night's menu, too much variety and tbh it's not what a proper ale drinker would choose to do*

Stick to one or two ales and you'll be fine

* there's always exceptions, of course

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Real ale clique.... on 15:49 - Mar 10 with 1618 viewsoddjob007

Real ale clique.... on 15:29 - Mar 10 by ncfc_chalky

I've not felt as rough as I did this morning nor spent so much time on the bog since I drank four pints of Shipstones back in the 70's,ffs is this normal for real/craft ales? If it is then I might give it a rest

Found this out the hard way myself quite a few times early on in lockdown last year..

Someone on this thread said they only stick to the <6% beers, I also do the same with only the odd 1 over 6%!

These 'TIPAs' seem to be the rage at the moment, cost a bloody fortune and 10%+ !
Real ale clique.... on 15:53 - Mar 10 with 1603 viewsSpeedy

Brew your own, that's when the fun starts.
Real ale clique.... on 15:58 - Mar 10 with 1589 viewsncfc_chalky

Real ale clique.... on 15:47 - Mar 10 by DaleiLama

Had a chuckle about your Shippo's comment Chalky - went to Uni in Leicester so had similar experiences with their mild which was very tasty back in the day (80s).

You should check your drinks before consuming - if the beer weiss says Hefe it means yeast. Similarly with cans - check if it says unfiltered, or contains yeast etc.

Yeast can stop you up, but it can also be a laxative. I think you know the answer in your case?

There's no gain without pain!!!

I could never understand why Shipstones was do popular back in the day,I always regretted drinking it the next day,anyway thanks for the advice,I will check in future,it's all a learning experience to me tbh

Real ale clique.... on 16:02 - Mar 10 with 1581 viewsncfc_chalky

Real ale clique.... on 15:48 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

Dead simple chalky, you were doing what was known as "mixing it"

That used to apply to having a combo of maybe beer/lager plus wines and spirits in a session. Looking at what you posted on last night's menu, too much variety and tbh it's not what a proper ale drinker would choose to do*

Stick to one or two ales and you'll be fine

* there's always exceptions, of course

Trouble is I bought loads of different ales because I've got no idea what I like in the craft/real ale world,I doubt that I would ever make it as a proper drinker though

Real ale clique.... on 16:05 - Mar 10 with 1572 viewsncfc_chalky

Real ale clique.... on 15:53 - Mar 10 by Speedy

Brew your own, that's when the fun starts.

I couldn't be trusted to do anything like that

Login to get fewer ads

Real ale clique.... on 16:06 - Mar 10 with 1568 viewsBigKindo

Real ale clique.... on 15:58 - Mar 10 by ncfc_chalky

I could never understand why Shipstones was do popular back in the day,I always regretted drinking it the next day,anyway thanks for the advice,I will check in future,it's all a learning experience to me tbh

It was the preferred ale to Nottingham Home Brewery
Real ale clique.... on 16:10 - Mar 10 with 1556 viewsBigKindo

Vocation Brewery at Cragg Vale have some tasty ales. Get onto their mailing list for offers. Two weeks ago it was 2 packs x 12 beers of some of their finest including one at 6%+ £ 35 delivered usually next day.
Used to enjoy their session IPA Bread and Butter on draught in the Flyer.
Real ale clique.... on 16:12 - Mar 10 with 1550 viewsncfc_chalky

Real ale clique.... on 16:06 - Mar 10 by BigKindo

It was the preferred ale to Nottingham Home Brewery

There was no way that Shippos was a better pint than Home Brewery's but it still didn't stop people buying it,maybe it's because I was born and lived two minutes away from Home Brewery in Daybrook that I preferred it as it was all you could buy in Arnold

Real ale clique.... on 16:13 - Mar 10 with 1544 viewsD_Alien

Real ale clique.... on 16:02 - Mar 10 by ncfc_chalky

Trouble is I bought loads of different ales because I've got no idea what I like in the craft/real ale world,I doubt that I would ever make it as a proper drinker though

Perserverance, chalky!

(Not recommending the eponymous ale by Alaskan Beer Co, btw!)

Nothing complicated, just avoid the type of combo you tried last night. Maybe get some lighter ales in from your local supermarket, and have a couple of those with one of the stronger brewdog types, preferably starting with the brewdog since your palate will be clear. You'll get to know what you like and what you don't much better that way, without the after-effects

Real ale clique.... on 16:28 - Mar 10 with 1521 viewsncfc_chalky

Real ale clique.... on 16:13 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

Perserverance, chalky!

(Not recommending the eponymous ale by Alaskan Beer Co, btw!)

Nothing complicated, just avoid the type of combo you tried last night. Maybe get some lighter ales in from your local supermarket, and have a couple of those with one of the stronger brewdog types, preferably starting with the brewdog since your palate will be clear. You'll get to know what you like and what you don't much better that way, without the after-effects

Aye,lesson learnt DL but I'm blaming Dale

BBM out

Real ale clique.... on 17:19 - Mar 10 with 1490 viewsncfc_chalky

Real ale clique.... on 16:10 - Mar 10 by BigKindo

Vocation Brewery at Cragg Vale have some tasty ales. Get onto their mailing list for offers. Two weeks ago it was 2 packs x 12 beers of some of their finest including one at 6%+ £ 35 delivered usually next day.
Used to enjoy their session IPA Bread and Butter on draught in the Flyer.

I've bought one of their starter packs for £35,almost immediately I got an email about other drinks that they do and there's some heavy hitters on there

Imperial Kirsch 11%

Imperial Russian 10.9%

Double Snowball 11.4%

Probably to a high % for my early steps into the craft ale world

Real ale clique.... on 11:18 - Mar 11 with 1375 viewsBigKindo

Real ale clique.... on 17:19 - Mar 10 by ncfc_chalky

I've bought one of their starter packs for £35,almost immediately I got an email about other drinks that they do and there's some heavy hitters on there

Imperial Kirsch 11%

Imperial Russian 10.9%

Double Snowball 11.4%

Probably to a high % for my early steps into the craft ale world

Practice practice and more practice ..........
Real ale clique.... on 09:34 - Mar 13 with 1274 viewsncfc_chalky

Tonight I'm putting on my kilt and putting some Mars bars in the deep fat fryer and will be supping (in moderation this time) the ales of Loch Lomond brewery

Zoom to me IPA 4.5%

Southern Summit APA 4%

Bravehop Pale Ale 6%

Lost In Mosaic New World IPA 6%

Any thoughts?

Real ale clique.... on 09:35 - Mar 13 with 1271 viewsncfc_chalky

Real ale clique.... on 18:53 - Mar 9 by TomRAFC

Get yourself on the Untappd app. Great way of keeping track of what you've tried.

Real ale and craft beer, it's all good to me. Anything that has people enjoying a better drop of what they like is a good thing in my book.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 15:17]

Thanks for the tip Tom,that's a good shout

Real ale clique.... on 11:42 - Mar 13 with 1246 viewsBigKindo

Real ale clique.... on 09:34 - Mar 13 by ncfc_chalky

Tonight I'm putting on my kilt and putting some Mars bars in the deep fat fryer and will be supping (in moderation this time) the ales of Loch Lomond brewery

Zoom to me IPA 4.5%

Southern Summit APA 4%

Bravehop Pale Ale 6%

Any thoughts?

When you throw that lot down your gullet if you have thoughts you won't remember them.
Real ale clique.... on 12:09 - Mar 13 with 1230 viewsD_Alien

Zoom to me IPA 4.5%

Southern Summit APA 4%

Bravehop Pale Ale 6%

Any thoughts?

As per BK's post, best keep any thoughts simple

Don't drink and derive...

[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 12:19]

Real ale clique.... on 14:51 - Mar 13 with 1187 viewsTomRAFC

Another nod for seven brothers.

The beer is pretty good and they are a great set of lads. My better half had a party at the Brewery/Tap room for her 30th and it was a great do. A well organised piss up in a brewery.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Real ale clique.... on 17:49 - Mar 13 with 1143 viewsDaleiLama

Zoom to me IPA 4.5%

Southern Summit APA 4%

Bravehop Pale Ale 6%

Any thoughts?

Don't try to put them all in the same glass at once

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Real ale clique.... on 19:11 - Mar 13 with 1109 viewsOxDale

Celebrating with an Imperial Stout, 9.6% abv. Underworld from Little Ox Brewery. Great stuff, was saving it for the next win, then decide next goal. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I’ve only got one bottle for the double!
Real ale clique.... on 19:37 - Mar 13 with 1084 viewsncfc_chalky

Real ale clique.... on 17:49 - Mar 13 by DaleiLama

Don't try to put them all in the same glass at once

I'm taking it nice n easy tonight but I do like the couple of Loch Lomonds that I've sampled so far

Real ale clique.... on 08:57 - Mar 14 with 995 viewsncfc_chalky

I tried a Brewdogs Light Speed last night and think that it's probably one of the nicest beers that I've ever tasted and what more I feel fine this morning which makes it a top beer...erm...ale?

Real ale clique.... on 09:30 - Mar 14 with 978 viewstodmordendale

Robinwood Brewery in Todmorden a few years back called Old Fart. It did what it said
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024