Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters panel 16:28 - Mar 12 with 12217 viewskel

Anyone putting themselves forward?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/march/supporters-panel/
Supporters panel on 21:45 - Mar 12 with 2119 viewschuckleberry

Supporters panel on 21:27 - Mar 12 by judd

"A wide range of club matters and future projects"

No mention of in conjunction with the Trust.

We heard you the first time 😃
Supporters panel on 21:49 - Mar 12 with 2097 viewsjudd

Supporters panel on 21:45 - Mar 12 by chuckleberry

We heard you the first time 😃

Don't blame me, I've been working very hard

Poll: What is it to be then?

Supporters panel on 23:15 - Mar 12 with 1963 viewsstevenrothwell2010

Dear sir I have put myself forward we need too wake this club up otherwise it will never change
Supporters panel on 23:36 - Mar 12 with 1936 viewsD_Alien

Supporters panel on 23:15 - Mar 12 by stevenrothwell2010

Dear sir I have put myself forward we need too wake this club up otherwise it will never change

Can you play left-back, sir?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Supporters panel on 09:06 - Mar 13 with 1747 viewsfitzochris

I’ve been thinking about this.

I’ve been critical in the past of the Trust’s effectiveness (but not the effort of those involved). This, however, seems like a total sidelining of what should be an important supporters’ institution. One that can be more easily managed by the club even?

Any supporters’ group needs to have both buy in from the club but total autonomy at the same time.

I would happily rejoin the Trust if others do en masse and we then use that as the vehicle to hold these proposed discussions on key issues, rather than what is currently being proposed.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Supporters panel on 09:20 - Mar 13 with 1735 viewsJames1980

Could the club fix this by saying this panel will work in conjunction with The Dale Trust & a comment about how important the trust is and encourage people to join?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 9:35]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Supporters panel on 09:32 - Mar 13 with 1720 viewsjudd

Supporters panel on 09:20 - Mar 13 by James1980

Could the club fix this by saying this panel will work in conjunction with The Dale Trust & a comment about how important the trust is and encourage people to join?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 9:35]

Did you notice any horses pass you when you went to close the stable door, James?

I'm with Fitzo on this. Rejoin the Trust.

Supporters panel on 09:38 - Mar 13 with 1705 viewsJames1980

Supporters panel on 09:32 - Mar 13 by judd

Did you notice any horses pass you when you went to close the stable door, James?

I'm with Fitzo on this. Rejoin the Trust.

Might stop any horses left escaping. I am in the Trust.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters panel on 10:15 - Mar 13 with 1661 viewsjudd

The Trust chairman on BBC Radio Bolton after 2pm today.

Supporters panel on 10:39 - Mar 13 with 1628 viewsBigKindo

A diminution of the Trust's position and another layer of bureaucracy to surround the castle keep of the almighty. Volunteers are being requested to undertake that which paid members of staff at the Club should be performing as part of their responsibilities. Naturally it will reduce the incoming number of emails into the CEO for him not to answer.
Will applicants have to undertake a polygraph test - 'have you ever criticised any policy or member connected to Rochdale FC.?' Well that cuts down considerably the potential panel members.
Or have the Trust started to see the light re Bottomley's Empire building programme. Somewhere in this charade is another book for George Orwell.
Mark my words it will all end in tears.
Supporters panel on 11:04 - Mar 13 with 1593 viewskel

I’ve said it before but going to say it again. Anyone not happy with the direction of the Trust or it’s decision making should think about volunteering their services and trying to effect change (time in their personal life permitting). Perhaps new blood could come up with fresh ideas to really push the board on stuff as it’s not right all this. I’m a staunch supporter of the trust as people have probably noticed but I find their communication a bit disappointing recently.

Please (especially with the chairman leaving at the end of the season) consider if you could make a difference and get involved.
Supporters panel on 11:13 - Mar 13 with 1566 viewsDalenet

Is there a terms of reference to this supporters panel on Season Tickets? Are they looking to change them, the pricing, how they are marketed or simply how do we get the "1000 missing" STs back for next season? Just intrigued as to whether this is a wide scope or simply an exercise to say that fans were consulted. The Trust have been consulted in the past on Season Tickets but in more than one occasion haven't always been given the full picture.
Supporters panel on 11:30 - Mar 13 with 1533 viewsBigKindo

Supporters panel on 11:04 - Mar 13 by kel

I’ve said it before but going to say it again. Anyone not happy with the direction of the Trust or it’s decision making should think about volunteering their services and trying to effect change (time in their personal life permitting). Perhaps new blood could come up with fresh ideas to really push the board on stuff as it’s not right all this. I’m a staunch supporter of the trust as people have probably noticed but I find their communication a bit disappointing recently.

Please (especially with the chairman leaving at the end of the season) consider if you could make a difference and get involved.

I see this as a deliberate strategic attempt to distance the Trust from the Club. Was the idea run past the Trust? Probably not. More smoke and mirrors in an attempt to deflect the supporters attention from last week's farcical forum. A statement from the Trust is needed. Currently there seems to be no joined up thinking at the Club. Concerns should be made public 're the non-direction of Team Bottomley rather than that the Trust.
Supporters panel on 11:53 - Mar 13 with 1493 viewsnordenblue

Supporters panel on 11:30 - Mar 13 by BigKindo

I see this as a deliberate strategic attempt to distance the Trust from the Club. Was the idea run past the Trust? Probably not. More smoke and mirrors in an attempt to deflect the supporters attention from last week's farcical forum. A statement from the Trust is needed. Currently there seems to be no joined up thinking at the Club. Concerns should be made public 're the non-direction of Team Bottomley rather than that the Trust.

Why would a club and fan base of our size require essentially 2 supporters groups anyway,that's just bonkers?
Supporters panel on 11:58 - Mar 13 with 1485 views49thseason

"Volunteers are being requested to undertake that which paid members of staff at the Club should be performing as part of their responsibilities."

Under normal circumstances, I think this would be right but as things stand, I think its time for the club to accept any and all offers of help. We are now well beyond "normal" and I think if the club are now beginning to accept that they need help. It would be churlish to deny them the opportunity to tap into the brains, muscle and enthusiasm of the collective fan base.
Indeed it would be impressive if the Trust were to set about creating a "shadow organisation" with a number of specific sub-commitees working with club managers and Directors on the critical areas of need.
Clearly all this is still tricky from the covid perspective but I think the Trust could easily collate the views of the fans regarding Season Cards and present them to the Board for consideration and indeed then relate that conversation back to us so that it becomes an iterative process.
Some areas that I think would benefit the club include:
TICKETS - pricing , offers, pay on the day,
FUNDRAISING - lottery, events, shirt designs, club shop, new products
INCREASING THE FANBASE - widening the net, junior football clubs, small businesses, pubs,
MATCHDAY - food, catering, parking, visitors experience, executive club, pitch and ground.
SALES AND MARKETING -sponsorship opportunities, club shop, supplier relationships, IT and media development, advertising, supporter liaison

So 5 or 6 committees with contributions from and feed back to the wider fanbase each with regular, scheduled meetings with the club. I recognise also that the Trust might need more help setting this up and that this is the time for those with skills
experience and available time to sign up and put their shoulder to the wheel. I include myself in that suggestion.
Supporters panel on 12:16 - Mar 13 with 1461 viewsBigKindo

Supporters panel on 11:58 - Mar 13 by 49thseason

"Volunteers are being requested to undertake that which paid members of staff at the Club should be performing as part of their responsibilities."

Under normal circumstances, I think this would be right but as things stand, I think its time for the club to accept any and all offers of help. We are now well beyond "normal" and I think if the club are now beginning to accept that they need help. It would be churlish to deny them the opportunity to tap into the brains, muscle and enthusiasm of the collective fan base.
Indeed it would be impressive if the Trust were to set about creating a "shadow organisation" with a number of specific sub-commitees working with club managers and Directors on the critical areas of need.
Clearly all this is still tricky from the covid perspective but I think the Trust could easily collate the views of the fans regarding Season Cards and present them to the Board for consideration and indeed then relate that conversation back to us so that it becomes an iterative process.
INCREASING THE FANBASE - widening the net, junior football clubs, small businesses, pubs,
MATCHDAY - food, catering, parking, visitors experience, executive club, pitch and ground.
SALES AND MARKETING -sponsorship opportunities, club shop, supplier relationships, IT and media development, advertising, supporter liaison

So 5 or 6 committees with contributions from and feed back to the wider fanbase each with regular, scheduled meetings with the club. I recognise also that the Trust might need more help setting this up and that this is the time for those with skills
experience and available time to sign up and put their shoulder to the wheel. I include myself in that suggestion.

If the paid staff cannot perform their duties then you retrain them or get shut. Suddenly more Empire Building required which eventually will probably need more bodies than the club have season ticket holders. You do realise that if this goes ahead then perhaps the CEO will see this as a vote of confidence. Where did this idea come from?
Supporters panel on 12:42 - Mar 13 with 1419 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Supporters panel on 11:30 - Mar 13 by BigKindo

You are spot on with this BigKindo. It sounds like something was cobbled together on Thursday morning, so fans would be placated and forget about the Forum debacle. If the club can also get fans to do work that should be done by paid staff, then they'll save some time, but not money, into the bargain. The staff whose job it was should have time to clean up the Sandy Lane/ Willbutts Lane corner of the ground. Our club has, for the last 50 years that I know of, seen fans as a bottomless money pit, treated them like mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed s41t) and turned a blind eye and deaf ear to their concerns. Money will become an issue again very soon, so we can all expect something for nothing placed under our noses, a free keyring or framed photocopy so long as we put our hands in our pockets again. They know we will cough up and they abuse that hold they have on us. In any other walk of life it would be known as blackmail.
Supporters panel on 12:52 - Mar 13 with 1394 viewsD_Alien

Supporters panel on 12:42 - Mar 13 by RooleyMoorBlue

You are spot on with this BigKindo. It sounds like something was cobbled together on Thursday morning, so fans would be placated and forget about the Forum debacle. If the club can also get fans to do work that should be done by paid staff, then they'll save some time, but not money, into the bargain. The staff whose job it was should have time to clean up the Sandy Lane/ Willbutts Lane corner of the ground. Our club has, for the last 50 years that I know of, seen fans as a bottomless money pit, treated them like mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed s41t) and turned a blind eye and deaf ear to their concerns. Money will become an issue again very soon, so we can all expect something for nothing placed under our noses, a free keyring or framed photocopy so long as we put our hands in our pockets again. They know we will cough up and they abuse that hold they have on us. In any other walk of life it would be known as blackmail.

No-one at the club has an hold on anyone, other than that which you allow them to have

I mentioned divide & rule earlier in this thread, and imo that's the primary objective - to be able to say "we consulted" and try to manipulate those who agree with that stance against those who don't (or at least the methodology)

Seeing through it is the easy bit

I'd add though, that comments such as "seen fans as a bottomless moneypit" don't always sit right with me, since the vast majority of board members put their hands into their pockets with the knowledge they'll never get anything back. There's one exception on the current board, who's drawing a salary and making a living from the club

[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 12:53]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Supporters panel on 12:52 - Mar 13 with 1394 viewsjudd

Ordinarily I would back you fully with this but I am.100% with BigKindo on this.
We are staffing the off field in order to take advantage of many revenue income streams, according to the recent announcement, so off you pop and earn your salaries.
Recently a webinar was held when the club asked the community what it could do for it?
That they relied solely on the Halloween event as a leftfield revenue generator struck me that they do not have a clue.
Did anyone else notice that lotto doorstep collections were being considered?

Supporters panel on 13:03 - Mar 13 with 1359 viewsnordenblue

Supporters panel on 12:52 - Mar 13 by judd

Ordinarily I would back you fully with this but I am.100% with BigKindo on this.
We are staffing the off field in order to take advantage of many revenue income streams, according to the recent announcement, so off you pop and earn your salaries.
Recently a webinar was held when the club asked the community what it could do for it?
That they relied solely on the Halloween event as a leftfield revenue generator struck me that they do not have a clue.

Is that the alleged "illegal" ones being brought back?
Supporters panel on 13:04 - Mar 13 with 1359 viewsBigKindo

Supporters panel on 12:52 - Mar 13 by judd

And have they canvassed the collectors who they allegedly previously shafted. Who would be prepared to try and resurrect their rounds? I understand that doorstep collections are still.being made by the consortium collecting monies for Hornets. If it works don't fix it. Decades of success cast aside. More hot air rising from the club yet again.
Supporters panel on 13:24 - Mar 13 with 1310 views442Dale

The areas you talk about have been discussed with the Trust in the past, this is not a recent phenomenon. The commitment to ensuring when such groups are set up their recommendations are recorded, followed and acted upon following a clear process has just never been there. And we are going back years.

Yes, it’s repetitive talking about process and infrastructure but NOTHING changes because there is not enough commitment to listen and work effectively irrespective of an individual’s/organisation’s own views.

This is not to blame the Trust or the club specifically, but there has to be that visible commitment to getting it right consistently or fans will forever feel that lack of attachment and frustration. And please know people have tried. It’s a culture that needs to change, one which has existed for a long time even ahead of the current situation.

As we stand, we need to hear the Trust’s views on this. This is no time for smoothing over the cracks or trying to make something look a bit better than it is. An honest, transparent statement on this idea and their relationship with the club so we all know where we stand. Only then can we move forward, because dressing things up gets us nowhere apart from checking whether the fixture board is up to date to illustrate a point. That point being that words mean very little.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Supporters panel on 13:40 - Mar 13 with 1260 viewsBigKindo

When I studied History, so many years ago that my grandchildren now classify that time as being History in its own right, we were taught that politicians who had trouble with their domestic programnes undertook a 'foreign expedition' to deflect the electorates attention away from their woes on home "turf' and increase patriotism. Is this proposed panel perhaps Dale's 'foreign expedition'. If so it is a very clumsy attempt.
Supporters panel on 13:41 - Mar 13 with 1259 viewsdawlishdale

Supporters panel on 13:24 - Mar 13 by 442Dale

The areas you talk about have been discussed with the Trust in the past, this is not a recent phenomenon. The commitment to ensuring when such groups are set up their recommendations are recorded, followed and acted upon following a clear process has just never been there. And we are going back years.

Yes, it’s repetitive talking about process and infrastructure but NOTHING changes because there is not enough commitment to listen and work effectively irrespective of an individual’s/organisation’s own views.

This is not to blame the Trust or the club specifically, but there has to be that visible commitment to getting it right consistently or fans will forever feel that lack of attachment and frustration. And please know people have tried. It’s a culture that needs to change, one which has existed for a long time even ahead of the current situation.

As we stand, we need to hear the Trust’s views on this. This is no time for smoothing over the cracks or trying to make something look a bit better than it is. An honest, transparent statement on this idea and their relationship with the club so we all know where we stand. Only then can we move forward, because dressing things up gets us nowhere apart from checking whether the fixture board is up to date to illustrate a point. That point being that words mean very little.

It all seems like the last throw of the dice for the CEO. His decisions are flawed; often completely wrong; and have been so for years...since before he joined our Board.

He seems to have few if any contacts within football, and very little idea of how to run a stage managed forum; never mind an "elite" (his words; not mine) club. Thus; he has to spend additional money to employ people to carry out his own job for him; money desperately needed to strengthen the squad.

Many of his ideas have failed spectacularly; we all know what they are.

To cap it all off, over the last week we have seen more evidence of awful communication, not only to rank and file fans, but also to fellow Board members and , it would seem to the one group of supporters who have an established dialogue with him through the Trust. Never has this been so bad as it is now. If I were on the Trust Board; I'd be absolutely furious.

He has a small band of club employees backing him, because it's alleged that those who don't fall into line are sacked. However; surely he can't count on support from any of the other remaining Directors, or they will become part of the problem.

He has to go, before he threatens further the very fabric of our club. There are probably many hundreds of disillusioned supporters who will not put any more money into the club on his watch.
Supporters panel on 14:01 - Mar 13 with 1207 viewsBrierls

It’s a shit idea and completely undermines the Dale Trust. A completely re-active initiative to saying they’ll communicate better. I say ‘initiative’, I very much doubt any thought has gone into this.

Regarding criticism of the club being directed almost entirely at the CEO, it’s a bit daft. Our beef is or should be with the club. Things constantly directed at the CEO comes across as attacks on an individual and can be easily dismissed as being personal. Criticise the club, challenge the club. The CEO is employed by the club; if the club are receiving criticism, and they deem the CEO to be at fault, then they will be collectively forced to act to save face. As I said, at the moment the board of directors could quite easily brush off criticism as a witch hunt or vendetta against an individual.

The club, from top to bottom, is a shambles at the moment.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024