Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 16:49 - Apr 14 with 15555 viewsNotLoyal

All of a sudden positivity returns, the impossible may well be possible and Steve Cooper continues to defy the odds. Sadly Phil didn’t.

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers
EFL Championship
Saturday April 17th 2021
Kick off 12.30pm
Liberty Stadium

Match Officials
KEITH from STROUD
Jonathan Hunt and Sam Lewis
Fourth Official: Joshua Smith

The last time we saw Keith from Stroud at the Liberty was for the 3-1 defeat to Bristol City where the swans committed more individual errors than in any game this season.

Is it on the TV ?
Only via Swans TV and whatever Wycombe and their three fans watch games on.

Wycombe manager
Gareth Ainsworth, loves hair and likes to be different.

The stats for prats
Swans record v Wycombe
Games won: 7
Games drawn: 2
Games lost: 6

Last game was at the Adams family park where the attendance looked like the Covid lockdown had been stopped. It was a 2-0 win for the swans but shoulda been a lot more.

Big day for Phil
Unfortunately for followers of royalty and similar things HRH Phil will be planted on this day, hence the earlier kick off time. Phil wasn't the most popular chap in the royal family, he had slightly old fashioned ideas, luckily he never once switched to a 422, and always played with three up front. We hope he has a fairly trouble free journey.

Phil, we are not sure if he is alive or dead here, but it’s D day Saturday

Timmy Mallet that well known kids presenter from generations gone by visited the Adams family stadium this week. He’s mad is Timmy, look at him being whacky, you don’t have to be mad to work here, but it helps.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Connor Roberts, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Korey Smith, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jake Bidwell, Ben Cabango.

Wycombe Wanderers: David Stockdale, Jack Grimmer, Joe Jacobson (captain), Anthony Stewart, Uche Ikpeazu, Curtis Thompson, Fred Onyedinma, Dennis Adeniran, Jason McCarthy, Admiral Muskwe, Garath McCleary.

Substitutes: Ryan Allsop, Giles Phillips, Adebayo Akinfenwa, Alex Samuel, Jordan Obita, David Wheeler, Daryl Horgan, Anis Mehmeti, Matthew Bloomfield.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54814/the-banana-skin-ar

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:41 - Apr 17 with 1149 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:36 - Apr 17 by AnotherJohn

Wycombe's frailty near the end shows that they were there for the taking if we'd been more positive early on. Looking at how the other results went today we missed a big opportunity to close on Watford (don't think the one point gained is going to be enough).

Is right

Manager responsible for attitude and intensity of players. For 80 whole mins we were criminally crap.
Only when Routledge the Great was taken off along with the appalling Hoolie dd things improve .

Cullen looks a fireball and Whittaker clearly a better option than an 36 yr old. To me anyway.

Lowe /Whittaker /Cullen isn't a bad line up.

Smith and Fulton as centre mid.

Grimes anonymous really

Today could have been super given other results.Great chance wasted .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:42 - Apr 17 with 1152 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:33 - Apr 17 by Dr_Parnassus

There was no way I was expecting to gain anything in the promotion hunt today.

I had Watford, Brentford and us all down to win and be as you were at full time.

Gaining a point on Watford and staying the same vs Brentford after full time is a huge positive.

It’s a massive net return which will wash over the Perennial pessimists.

Wycombe fighting for their survival and our players chose to be complacent after 2 massive, crucial away results.

Cooper adjusted and secured yet another valuable point in our remarkable quest for promo, against all the odds.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:45 - Apr 17 with 1132 viewsLittleEnglandJack

What a let off for Watford- they slipped up and we couldn't capitalise.

A draw was a fair result. We weren't great but we still had several good chances, probably enough to win the game.

Oh, and I don't care what anyone says, at no point today was that anywhere near as bad as our performances v PNE and Bham, who offered much less than Wycombe. I'd be genuinely impressed if we ever top that level of shite ever again.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:02 - Apr 17 with 1081 viewsAndyCole

Credit to Wycombe who stymied our heartbeat and creative force. Grimes was neutralised in the main.

Lowe far less effervescent, crippled by Ayew’s injury, roberts missing a certain Ayew-type finish.

Clever, timely use of Subs made a big impact as per.

3rd and sitting pretty.

Exceeding Expectations, with massive aplomb.

Cooperball prevails, yet again.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:09 - Apr 17 with 1062 viewsmonmouth

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:33 - Apr 17 by Badlands

None.
If we hadn't gone 2 down he'd have carried on trying to avoid losing.
He should have been sacked weeks ago.

To be fair, at 2 down he did carry on trying to avoid losing, and succeeded.

Maybe we should hypnotise him that we start two down.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:14 - Apr 17 with 1032 viewsonehunglow

I cannot fathom how Coope can be defended. I’ve tried but can’t .
Today was a chance to kill off a doomed team.they were far better than us ,as were the other lowly teams who beat us “ surprisingly”

Cooper is killing us stondead. We get some luck then he goes shytehouse again.

Only positive today is Cullen.

He should start now without question as should Whittaker.

Hoolie should be kept for tea and coffee at half time , a shocking,y lazy professional.

Manning today was beyond bad.

Woody was ...just Woody.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:18 - Apr 17 with 1026 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Hopefully someone with plenty of time on their hands goes back and calculates how many points we have dropped due to goals conceded as a result of a Woodman mistake this season. We might have achieved automatic promotion with a competent goalkeeper.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:19 - Apr 17 with 1018 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:14 - Apr 17 by onehunglow

Today was a chance to kill off a doomed team.they were far better than us ,as were the other lowly teams who beat us “ surprisingly”

Hoolie should be kept for tea and coffee at half time , a shocking,y lazy professional.

Woody was ...just Woody.

Are you saying the last 2 wins were down to luck?

In what way?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:23 - Apr 17 with 1006 viewsthornabyswan

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:40 - Apr 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Yep.

2-2 Swans and 1-0 Luton is also infinitely better than 3-0 Swansea and 3-0 Watford too which I think a lot of people don’t seem to grasp.

I bet some would still take a 3-0 win today even if it meant Watford also win.

We are in a better position in the automatic promotion hunt at this second than I thought we would be 2 hours ago.

We were gutsy at the end happy that we have gained a point on Watford fair play to Wycombe played well and could of won it played better than their league position.

QPR next we are still in the mix for automatics.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:26 - Apr 17 with 992 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54814/the-banana-skin-ar

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:28 - Apr 17 with 981 viewsploppy

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:19 - Apr 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Are you saying the last 2 wins were down to luck?

In what way?

Basically, what people with an agenda on here are saying is: when we win it's because the players have done what they want and ignored Cooper, and when we lose it's Cooper's fault. We have loads of experts on here.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:28 - Apr 17 with 981 viewsjasper_T

Big opportunity missed given other results.

Good to see Liam back doing what he does.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:30 - Apr 17 with 971 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:14 - Apr 17 by onehunglow

Woody was ...just Woody.

It's interesting isn't it how it's the Collective Team when we win, and Cooper when we don't.

Many bleat how too many fans are too supportive of the common cause.

Yet most of the volume emanates from the shoutiest, loudest dissenters. By a long shot.

So forgive us minority for actively supporting and occasionally calling out the shouty, emotive irrational types that only love a moan.

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:32 - Apr 17 with 965 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:28 - Apr 17 by jasper_T

Big opportunity missed given other results.

Good to see Liam back doing what he does.

Damn shame Jasper, if we hadnt been arrogant and disrespectful towards wycombe and had attacked front the start instead of 60 mins we would have comfortably won the game.

Hey ho its done now and as you say cullen is back and looking good, id start him on weds.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 15:33]
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:35 - Apr 17 with 947 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:30 - Apr 17 by AndyCole

It's interesting isn't it how it's the Collective Team when we win, and Cooper when we don't.

Many bleat how too many fans are too supportive of the common cause.

Yet most of the volume emanates from the shoutiest, loudest dissenters. By a long shot.

So forgive us minority for actively supporting and occasionally calling out the shouty, emotive irrational types that only love a moan.

Yeah and Wâš“s like you only come on to stir the melting pot.

Wâš“
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:38 - Apr 17 with 942 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:32 - Apr 17 by Fireboy2

Damn shame Jasper, if we hadnt been arrogant and disrespectful towards wycombe and had attacked front the start instead of 60 mins we would have comfortably won the game.

Hey ho its done now and as you say cullen is back and looking good, id start him on weds.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 15:33]

Cullen looks like the most natural goal scorer we have. I would also start him; fitness depending. I don’t know where he is exactly in his recovery, he may well still be on restricted minutes.

This part of the season always throws up strange results, we aren’t immune from that. There will be more to come between now and the end of the season too.

I honestly wouldn’t be too surprised if Watford go away to Norwich and beat them 3-0. That’s what this league is.

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:45 - Apr 17 with 920 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:38 - Apr 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Cullen looks like the most natural goal scorer we have. I would also start him; fitness depending. I don’t know where he is exactly in his recovery, he may well still be on restricted minutes.

This part of the season always throws up strange results, we aren’t immune from that. There will be more to come between now and the end of the season too.

I honestly wouldn’t be too surprised if Watford go away to Norwich and beat them 3-0. That’s what this league is.

Only the coaching team know how long Liam can play but we have to go out in every game and show attacking intent, now we have cullen back we have several attacking options and five substitutions to use so let's just go for it in the next three games,
two reasons, we could actually go into the final game with a chance of second place and more importantly we will be in form going into the play offs.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:50 - Apr 17 with 910 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:38 - Apr 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Agree on Cullen, I guess depending on Ayew’s injury we may be forced down that route.

With Norwich now promoted they could be on the beach by 7.30 tonight leave alone on Tuesday, both Bournemouth & Watford must fancy their chances.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:57 - Apr 17 with 889 viewsBadlands

Commented before kick off, Cooper had picked a team not to lose rather than to win.
A lot of praise for Wycombe is just an excuse for how bad we were.
At one point Curtis mentioned just 64% pass completion - given how many safe touches there were in defence that figure is relegation level. Wycombe were decent at closing down but not great. And, they should have had a penalty in the fist half and created the only scoring chance down to our lack of midfield and imbalanced defence. Bennett saved some blushes but the defence was poor.
Where was Roberts supposed to be today. Why was Grimes barely mentioned, how slow is Hourihane and why can’t Lowe control the ball.
We gained a point through sheer panic and a bit of desire from two or three players.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:19 - Apr 17 with 835 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:57 - Apr 17 by Badlands

Commented before kick off, Cooper had picked a team not to lose rather than to win.
At one point Curtis mentioned just 64% pass completion - given how many safe touches there were in defence that figure is relegation level. Wycombe were decent at closing down but not great. And, they should have had a penalty in the fist half and created the only scoring chance down to our lack of midfield and imbalanced defence. Bennett saved some blushes but the defence was poor.
Where was Roberts supposed to be today. Why was Grimes barely mentioned, how slow is Hourihane and why can’t Lowe control the ball.
We gained a point through sheer panic and a bit of desire from two or three players.

Our pass completion was 77%, same as it was in the last game and above our season average of 73.4%

We did play more long balls in this one though, which was due to chasing the game late by a couple of goals. 80 in this game, as opposed to our season per match average of 64.9 (but keeper long balls are included in this).

We had 62% possession, way above our season average of 50.2%.

14 shots, 8 on target which will be among our best conversion rate of shots attempted to on target (when shooting 10+ or more). Our season average is 10.2 shots and 3.6 on target.

460 passes which is also a touch above our season average 416.8.

All in all this was nowhere near some of the awful performances of late. Frustrating result though.

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:21 - Apr 17 with 832 viewsTreforys_Jack

No matter what they say, they are they are pair of WUM's , even Dr P and his hemorrhoid cannot be happy with that result.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:23 - Apr 17 with 827 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:21 - Apr 17 by Treforys_Jack

No matter what they say, they are they are pair of WUM's , even Dr P and his hemorrhoid cannot be happy with that result.

Not sure who you are referring to with that.

But happy with the result? No.

Happy at being in a better position in the automatic chase than I expected to be prior to kick off? Yes.

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:29 - Apr 17 with 809 viewsjack_lord

Maybe a posituve on that awful 70 minutes. We all expected Watford and us to win so we are actually one point better off than our calculators this morning.

I noticed one thing that worried me and it is similar to Bournemuff games.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:30 - Apr 17 with 800 viewsploppy

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:57 - Apr 17 by Badlands

It doesn't matter what team you pick - if your pass completion is 64% you're going to struggle. The team that Cooper picked today was plenty good enough to beat WW on paper. Ayew going off was a blow - and bringing on Routs in his place was a mistake. You could tell from the off that we weren't "at it". Balls played up to Lowe and Routs were just bouncing off and we were losing possession. Hourihane was awful.

I think the dilemma Cooper had was that Routs couldn't play 3 games in 8 days so had to be rested (except he wasn't in the end - which was odd). Roberts did well when he came on against Sheff Wed, so needed to play. But Cooper didn't want to revert to a back 5 so just shoe-horned Roberts in.

Agree with the rest though.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:43 - Apr 17 with 778 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:18 - Apr 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Hopefully someone with plenty of time on their hands goes back and calculates how many points we have dropped due to goals conceded as a result of a Woodman mistake this season. We might have achieved automatic promotion with a competent goalkeeper.

I'm sure you could be that very person , please don't disappoint .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024