Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anti Welsh 19:01 - Apr 28 with 6409 viewsbuilthjack

Anybody on here anti Welsh?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Anti Welsh on 09:59 - Apr 30 with 1045 viewsCatullus

Anti Welsh on 23:07 - Apr 29 by Kilkennyjack

No the states in America are , well, states ....

The nations of the United Kingdom are , well, nations ...

You are quite wrong. Try Google.
I know you want United Kingdom to be a nation - but its not.

Google says ;
The ‘United Kingdom’ refers to a political union between, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Although the UK is a fully independent sovereign state, the 4 nations that make it up are also countries in their own right.

So if you accept what you find on google then you accept the UK is a nation, a sovereign state in it's own right and a member of the "United nations"

I can't see how you canacdept the United States either mind, what about the Souix nation and all the other Indian nations, currently the federal government recognises 574 of them, how can there be states when North America is made up of Nations?

Or maybe we should live in the modern world?

PS, the EU is a political Union, a made up entity, but you'd have no problem ceding control to them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Anti Welsh on 15:28 - Apr 30 with 987 viewsKilkennyjack

Anti Welsh on 20:06 - Apr 29 by Catullus

Oh here we go again.......

Kilky, Wales is not a member of the United Nations, it's not even a debate. The UK is a member therefore the UK is a nation.

I think you'll find that every country is a political entity, Wales was nothing but a coection of warring tribal regions, political entities.

Why would "Uluru" fry anyones brain, the Aborigine name for it but most people now call it Ayers rock. That's the modern world for you Kilky, things change. Maybe you should try not living in the past when it suits you but then accusing others of living in the past, again when it suits you.
If you want it your way then maybe South West Wales should be called "Demetaeland" and South East "Silurea", the North "Ordovicia" OR maybe we don't want to live in YOUR past.

‘Wales was nothing ....’

Some of us take a very different.
Especially the young.

Enjoy.

Beware of the Risen People

Anti Welsh on 20:51 - Apr 30 with 967 viewsCatullus

Anti Welsh on 15:28 - Apr 30 by Kilkennyjack

‘Wales was nothing ....’

Some of us take a very different.
Especially the young.

Enjoy.

Removing the context from a post proves nothing, except maybe that you don't understand it.

The thing about being young is, eventually most people grow up and as they do so their opinions change.
Even so a fact, a verifiable, set in stone fact won't be disputed by anybody, unless they are even thicker than me. The UK is a nation, a legally recognied member of the UN, which Wales isn't.
I see Plaids support has slipped again after last night, third behind the tories again. Less than a week to go to.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/senedd-election-drakeford-poll-comre

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Anti Welsh on 21:19 - Apr 30 with 943 viewsKilkennyjack

Anti Welsh on 20:51 - Apr 30 by Catullus

Removing the context from a post proves nothing, except maybe that you don't understand it.

The thing about being young is, eventually most people grow up and as they do so their opinions change.
Even so a fact, a verifiable, set in stone fact won't be disputed by anybody, unless they are even thicker than me. The UK is a nation, a legally recognied member of the UN, which Wales isn't.
I see Plaids support has slipped again after last night, third behind the tories again. Less than a week to go to.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/senedd-election-drakeford-poll-comre

You are still wrong.

Try this ... they are not the same thing.

UK **** A sovereign state is a state with its own institutions and populations that has a permanent population, territory, and government. It must also have the right and capacity to make treaties and other agreements with other states.

Wales **** A nation is a large group of people who inhabit a specific territory and are connected by history, culture, or another commonality. See also England, Scotland, Ireland.

Anti Welsh on 10:04 - May 1 with 907 viewsonehunglow

Anti Welsh on 20:51 - Apr 30 by Catullus

Not everyone does grow up though Cat.

Many men remain simply boys.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Anti Welsh on 10:55 - May 1 with 882 viewsKilkennyjack

Anti Welsh on 10:04 - May 1 by onehunglow

Not everyone does grow up though Cat.

Many men remain simply boys.

The UK is still not a nation though.

No matter how many older men believe otherwise.

Anti Welsh on 11:42 - May 1 with 878 viewsraynor94

Anti Welsh on 10:55 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

The UK is still not a nation though.

No matter how many older men believe otherwise.

So how old are you? You mentioned the other day people hadn't called you English abroad, for the last 20 years.

You seem to be very derogatory about the older generation

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Anti Welsh on 17:43 - May 1 with 831 viewsKilkennyjack

Anti Welsh on 11:42 - May 1 by raynor94

So how old are you? You mentioned the other day people hadn't called you English abroad, for the last 20 years.

Why does it matter ?

We have a smaller number of older posters who have views that don't reflect the modern Wales we all live in. We have some older posters who are very much Pro Indy.

Not sure why you are so hung up on this question.

I am a happily married man and this is not a dating site.
I wish you well.

Login to get fewer ads

Anti Welsh on 17:47 - May 1 with 838 viewsonehunglow

Anti Welsh on 11:42 - May 1 by raynor94

Many young people are utterly without respect for older people.Any older people.

Anti Welsh on 18:31 - May 1 with 818 viewsraynor94

Anti Welsh on 17:43 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

Why does it matter ?

We have a smaller number of older posters who have views that don't reflect the modern Wales we all live in. We have some older posters who are very much Pro Indy.

Not sure why you are so hung up on this question.

I am a happily married man and this is not a dating site.
I wish you well.

Of course you are

Anti Welsh on 18:36 - May 1 with 814 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm sure a lot would quickly become anti-Welsh once millions of Welsh citizens illegally flood into England after a few years of Welsh independence.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Anti Welsh on 18:44 - May 1 with 797 viewstrampie

Anti Welsh on 18:36 - May 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm sure a lot would quickly become anti-Welsh once millions of Welsh citizens illegally flood into England after a few years of Welsh independence.

Would you flood into England Dwight ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Anti Welsh on 19:08 - May 1 with 766 viewsKilkennyjack

Anti Welsh on 17:47 - May 1 by onehunglow

Many young people are utterly without respect for older people.Any older people.

You earn respect.

Anti Welsh on 19:25 - May 1 with 761 viewsonehunglow

Anti Welsh on 18:44 - May 1 by trampie

Would you flood into England Dwight ?

With the likes of you around and your unwelcoming committee I doubt it.

Anti Welsh on 20:10 - May 1 with 747 viewsraynor94

Anti Welsh on 19:08 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

You earn respect.

Agreed, practice what you preach

Anti Welsh on 22:13 - May 1 with 716 viewsReslovenSwan1

Anti Welsh on 07:47 - Apr 29 by trampie

Being Welsh and being an ancient Briton are synonymous with each other, being of Germanic stock and living in England and calling one's self British is a different ball game.
The English for millennia used to say they were British and flew wall to wall union jack's at the 1966 WC final not English flags but now they are less and less British and not just in a football sense, they now often regard themselves as English and not British, experts have been looking into this recent phenomenon to try and work out why that is.
So the question is not are the Welsh British or do the Welsh identify as Welsh and British but are the English British and do the English identify as British anymore ?

If the English were British they would identify with the Welsh language which you would call 'ancient British' presumably. The fact is the English regard the Welsh language as nothing to do with them and foreign and not British as they understand it. I f it was they might consider teaching it in English schools. (Its not going to happen)

I have noticed a tendency of ethnic and cultural cleansing of everything non English British in England. I give an example of a cake I bought in Kent. It was described a a tea flavoured cake. I told the lady it was like the Welsh bara brith and she said it was Castell Howell Bara Brith. Effective if innocent ethnic cultural cleansing and repackaging.

The words 'Ancient Britons' is becoming popular and i am very suspious of this BBC and UK univiersity trend. BBC recently described a Celitic hill fort in this way. Another form of anti Celtic spin to build loyalty to the Crown and ease the passage of the new prince of Wales perhaps.

I regard myself as 'Celtic'. Red haired pale skin with freckles. I was born into a family speaking an ancient Cetic language Cymraeg. These wandering people were establish in Central Anatolia modern day Turkey and migrated West. There is a population of red heads in western Siberia with similar genes assessed to also have come from central Anatolia.

The name 'Celtic' is hotly debated in academia. I regard Celts as a race and therefore anti Welsh abuse as racist.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Anti Welsh on 00:43 - May 2 with 690 viewsKilkennyjack

Anti Welsh on 22:13 - May 1 by ReslovenSwan1

If the English were British they would identify with the Welsh language which you would call 'ancient British' presumably. The fact is the English regard the Welsh language as nothing to do with them and foreign and not British as they understand it. I f it was they might consider teaching it in English schools. (Its not going to happen)

I have noticed a tendency of ethnic and cultural cleansing of everything non English British in England. I give an example of a cake I bought in Kent. It was described a a tea flavoured cake. I told the lady it was like the Welsh bara brith and she said it was Castell Howell Bara Brith. Effective if innocent ethnic cultural cleansing and repackaging.

The words 'Ancient Britons' is becoming popular and i am very suspious of this BBC and UK univiersity trend. BBC recently described a Celitic hill fort in this way. Another form of anti Celtic spin to build loyalty to the Crown and ease the passage of the new prince of Wales perhaps.

I regard myself as 'Celtic'. Red haired pale skin with freckles. I was born into a family speaking an ancient Cetic language Cymraeg. These wandering people were establish in Central Anatolia modern day Turkey and migrated West. There is a population of red heads in western Siberia with similar genes assessed to also have come from central Anatolia.

The name 'Celtic' is hotly debated in academia. I regard Celts as a race and therefore anti Welsh abuse as racist.

✊🏾 Fe godwn ni eto

Anti Welsh on 08:34 - May 2 with 662 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Anti Welsh on 22:13 - May 1 by ReslovenSwan1

There were many ancient languages spoken throughout what they romans called britannic. Virtually each tribe had it's own dialect there was certainly not one common language spoken throughout the British Isles.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Anti Welsh on 08:41 - May 2 with 655 viewsKilkennyjack

Anti Welsh on 08:34 - May 2 by felixstowe_jack

There were many ancient languages spoken throughout what they romans called britannic. Virtually each tribe had it's own dialect there was certainly not one common language spoken throughout the British Isles.

Nationhood can be any model don't you think ?

Are the indigenous people of America and Australia any less people because their social constructs were very different to our European nations ?

Some may think that having an unelected head of state in 2021 is bizarre, when the rest of the world are modern citizens, we in the uk are still simply subjects.

The original people of Britain were mostly welsh.
Any attempt to dilute that truth is more about having an anti-welsh agenda than factual.
Ask the Romans who spoke for Britain.

Anti Welsh on 09:20 - May 2 with 640 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Anti Welsh on 08:41 - May 2 by Kilkennyjack

Nationhood can be any model don't you think ?

Are the indigenous people of America and Australia any less people because their social constructs were very different to our European nations ?

Some may think that having an unelected head of state in 2021 is bizarre, when the rest of the world are modern citizens, we in the uk are still simply subjects.

The original people of Britain were mostly welsh.
Any attempt to dilute that truth is more about having an anti-welsh agenda than factual.
Ask the Romans who spoke for Britain.

Yes I do think unelected heads of state who do have real power are odd . I also think having 27 unelected commissioners who decide policies is also odd. Most of the UK agree with that. We voted to leave the undemocratic EU for that very reason.

Meanwhile all decision in the UK are made by our democratic House of commons and are signed off by our non political head of state. A much better system than having power crazed president like the USA, EU, Turkey, China, to name a few.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Anti Welsh on 12:31 - May 2 with 611 viewsReslovenSwan1

Anti Welsh on 09:20 - May 2 by felixstowe_jack

Yes I do think unelected heads of state who do have real power are odd . I also think having 27 unelected commissioners who decide policies is also odd. Most of the UK agree with that. We voted to leave the undemocratic EU for that very reason.

Meanwhile all decision in the UK are made by our democratic House of commons and are signed off by our non political head of state. A much better system than having power crazed president like the USA, EU, Turkey, China, to name a few.

Do not forget the House of Lords who check thngs out before it goes to the Monarch. There may bbe an Anti Celtic agenda with the English establishment promoting an 'Ancient Briton' agenda.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 12:35]

Anti Welsh on 13:09 - May 2 with 596 viewsGwyn737

Anti Welsh on 12:31 - May 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Do not forget the House of Lords who check thngs out before it goes to the Monarch. There may bbe an Anti Celtic agenda with the English establishment promoting an 'Ancient Briton' agenda.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 12:35]

Would you say that Wales is treated worse than say, the north east of England?
[Post edited 2 May 2021 13:33]
Anti Welsh on 14:23 - May 2 with 564 viewsonehunglow

Anti Welsh on 13:09 - May 2 by Gwyn737

i know the north eat pretty well.

Trust me,most southerners ,if asked to point out Alnwick on a map would point to Helsinki.

The North Eat is Van Diemans land to people from Guilford and Gillingham

Anti Welsh on 15:03 - May 2 with 548 viewsReslovenSwan1

Anti Welsh on 13:09 - May 2 by Gwyn737

No not particularly. I do not buy into this way of thinking. Wales and the north east are relatively impoverished but that is not a factor of neglect.

Wales lags behind due to a lack of enterpenuilal activity. I would recomend "setting up tyour own business" as beng part of the welsh education system. The valleys for example has excellent links to the big urban markets.

The south east England is favoured due to government subsidies particularly the 2009 subsidy for badly managed banking system. The subsidisation of past bonuses was transfered to the London property bubble. Help to buy are even more governent grants to maintain this artifical bubble.

Anti Welsh on 16:52 - May 2 with 515 viewsKilkennyjack

Anti Welsh on 15:03 - May 2 by ReslovenSwan1

No not particularly. I do not buy into this way of thinking. Wales and the north east are relatively impoverished but that is not a factor of neglect.

Wales lags behind due to a lack of enterpenuilal activity. I would recomend "setting up tyour own business" as beng part of the welsh education system. The valleys for example has excellent links to the big urban markets.

The south east England is favoured due to government subsidies particularly the 2009 subsidy for badly managed banking system. The subsidisation of past bonuses was transfered to the London property bubble. Help to buy are even more governent grants to maintain this artifical bubble.

It strikes me that its quite hard to start a small business in an area where people have limited employment activities and therefore a lower disposable income to spend with small businesses.

Entrepreneur of course is not an English word.

Welsh Coal was worth trillions.
It would be like ..... well, taking oil from the Arab nations and then telling them they were poor, lazy, and lacked an entrepreneurial spirit.
See ...its bollox innit...?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024