Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what happens now? 18:47 - Jun 2 with 9257 viewssuc

We all agree last night was a pivotal moment. We have got rid of the pantomime clown and his accomplice, the chairman obviously has no bottle throwing a sicky for both the fans forum and the EGM, yet he has beeni well enough to discuss selling the club for the last four months, so who is going to run the club now. I have heard nothing about where we go from here, suggestions on a postcard to the club please as no one there has a clue.
So what happens now? on 19:31 - Jun 6 with 2981 viewsA_Newby

Following the outcomes of the AGM / EGMs I think “we” need to act urgently. I am no expert in business or football management but here is what I would like to see happen.

Next week or ASAP.

Four to six new directors appointed to RAFC to work with the current 3 board members.

As a priority a playing budget sorted for next year and details of this to be passed to BBM so, away from any disruption at board level, he can immediately without interruption start rebuilding the squad and preparing for next season. One or two board members to provide support to BBM if needed when it comes to contracts etc. I know that some fans would like BBM replaced but I do not think, given all other disruption at the club, that now is the right time.

I know that the latest director, Nick Grindrod, and other board members have joined after being invited to by the current board. Is there a way that shareholders can directly appoint directors to the board?

Questions: How do we get new members of the board appointed? Is it by another EGM? What is the process? How long does it take? Would we have to wait for EFL approval of the directors?

Before the end of June.

A full audit of the club’s current financial situation to be completed. Tony Pockney and Nick Grindrod will probably have most of this already.

Hold an open inquiry into recent events that took place at board level starting with the “retirement” of Chris Dunphy and the reasons for this and all subsequent events.

The results of these to be communicated “warts and all” to shareholders / supporters.

I know that this could cause some of the current / past board members some embarrassment as mistakes have been made. Genuine mistakes, unless constantly repeated, are not a problem. You learn from the experience and move on. It is when there appears to be a conspiracy to cover up these mistakes that the integrity of the board is compromised, and trust lost.

Based on the results of this investigation, appropriate decisions made regarding the future governance and day to day management of the club.

In July

A long-term plan to be developed to move the club forward.

The current “plan” put forward by the board to fans has for many years been:
- To get promoted to the championship. (Move up the football league pyramid)
- To develop (own) improved training facilities for the first team and academy squad.

This is not a plan; it is a set of (good) aspirational goals. A plan should contain details of how these objectives are to be achieved with target dates, including detailed financial needs, forecasts and projections.

The only “plan” that seems to be in existence has been to sell shares to give a controlling interest in the club to a new unknown investor who would then fund the developments with no details of where these funds would come from. Bitter experience of other local clubs has shown how that usually ends and this “plan” was blocked at the EGM.

I would like to see a more detailed plan developed and published but first asking key questions, particularly can we realistically afford to develop / own our own training pitches and are there not better options?

Finally, I would like the new plan released to shareholders / fans with details about any funds that are to be raised by using a share issue. I would like to see a widening of share ownership in the club with a significant number of the shares offered to fans, purchasable in small affordable quantities.
So what happens now? on 21:39 - Jun 6 with 2803 viewsRAFCBLUE

So what happens now? on 19:31 - Jun 6 by A_Newby

Following the outcomes of the AGM / EGMs I think “we” need to act urgently. I am no expert in business or football management but here is what I would like to see happen.

Next week or ASAP.

Four to six new directors appointed to RAFC to work with the current 3 board members.

As a priority a playing budget sorted for next year and details of this to be passed to BBM so, away from any disruption at board level, he can immediately without interruption start rebuilding the squad and preparing for next season. One or two board members to provide support to BBM if needed when it comes to contracts etc. I know that some fans would like BBM replaced but I do not think, given all other disruption at the club, that now is the right time.

I know that the latest director, Nick Grindrod, and other board members have joined after being invited to by the current board. Is there a way that shareholders can directly appoint directors to the board?

Questions: How do we get new members of the board appointed? Is it by another EGM? What is the process? How long does it take? Would we have to wait for EFL approval of the directors?

Before the end of June.

A full audit of the club’s current financial situation to be completed. Tony Pockney and Nick Grindrod will probably have most of this already.

Hold an open inquiry into recent events that took place at board level starting with the “retirement” of Chris Dunphy and the reasons for this and all subsequent events.

The results of these to be communicated “warts and all” to shareholders / supporters.

I know that this could cause some of the current / past board members some embarrassment as mistakes have been made. Genuine mistakes, unless constantly repeated, are not a problem. You learn from the experience and move on. It is when there appears to be a conspiracy to cover up these mistakes that the integrity of the board is compromised, and trust lost.

Based on the results of this investigation, appropriate decisions made regarding the future governance and day to day management of the club.

In July

- To develop (own) improved training facilities for the first team and academy squad.

This is not a plan; it is a set of (good) aspirational goals. A plan should contain details of how these objectives are to be achieved with target dates, including detailed financial needs, forecasts and projections.

The only “plan” that seems to be in existence has been to sell shares to give a controlling interest in the club to a new unknown investor who would then fund the developments with no details of where these funds would come from. Bitter experience of other local clubs has shown how that usually ends and this “plan” was blocked at the EGM.

I would like to see a more detailed plan developed and published but first asking key questions, particularly can we realistically afford to develop / own our own training pitches and are there not better options?

Finally, I would like the new plan released to shareholders / fans with details about any funds that are to be raised by using a share issue. I would like to see a widening of share ownership in the club with a significant number of the shares offered to fans, purchasable in small affordable quantities.

As was shown with Nick Grindrod, the current Directors have the power to add to their number now and immediately.

In doing that the would be formally up for election at the next AGM (May 2022).

Alternatively if the Directors did not wish to do that then a shareholder can call an EGM with 21 days notice to appoint Directors. That would need a 50.01% majority.

For the EFL test it is Appendix 3, 2.5 as you have to become a "Relevant Person". You have to put the paperwork in 10 days before you anticipate the appointment and then the EFL check that there is nothing to disqualify you.

Exact wording

2.5 If any person proposes to become a Relevant Person of that Club (including for the avoidance of doubt by virtue of being a shadow director or but not including any instance where a Person is proposing to acquire Control of the Club):

(a) the Club shall no later than 10 Normal Working Days prior to the date on which it is anticipated that such person shall become a Relevant Person submit to The League a duly completed Declaration in respect of that person, at which point that person shall be bound by and subject to the Regulations; and

(b) within 5 Normal Working Days of receipt thereof The League shall advise the Club of the time-frame within which The League, acting reasonably, expects to be able to finalise its enquiries in respect of that person; and

(c) following completion of those enquiries, The League shall advise the Club in accordance with Rule 3.1 whether or not The League considers that the person is subject to a Disqualifying Condition.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

So what happens now? on 09:02 - Jun 7 with 2535 viewsA_Newby

So what happens now? on 21:39 - Jun 6 by RAFCBLUE

As was shown with Nick Grindrod, the current Directors have the power to add to their number now and immediately.

In doing that the would be formally up for election at the next AGM (May 2022).

Alternatively if the Directors did not wish to do that then a shareholder can call an EGM with 21 days notice to appoint Directors. That would need a 50.01% majority.

For the EFL test it is Appendix 3, 2.5 as you have to become a "Relevant Person". You have to put the paperwork in 10 days before you anticipate the appointment and then the EFL check that there is nothing to disqualify you.

Exact wording

2.5 If any person proposes to become a Relevant Person of that Club (including for the avoidance of doubt by virtue of being a shadow director or but not including any instance where a Person is proposing to acquire Control of the Club):

(a) the Club shall no later than 10 Normal Working Days prior to the date on which it is anticipated that such person shall become a Relevant Person submit to The League a duly completed Declaration in respect of that person, at which point that person shall be bound by and subject to the Regulations; and

(b) within 5 Normal Working Days of receipt thereof The League shall advise the Club of the time-frame within which The League, acting reasonably, expects to be able to finalise its enquiries in respect of that person; and

(c) following completion of those enquiries, The League shall advise the Club in accordance with Rule 3.1 whether or not The League considers that the person is subject to a Disqualifying Condition.

Thanks, RAFCBLUE.

So, the quickest way to place new members on the board is to encourage the current board members to invite them.

Would this need to be a whole board decision, i.e. consensus from Andrew Kelly, Tony Pockney and Nick Grindrod or is it a power that resides with Andrew Kelly as chairman?

I would like to see some, or all the 4 local businessmen put forward by Graham Morris and maybe Chris Dunphy join the board along with a representative of the Dale trust.

I know that the trust has been previously offered a place on the board that they have turned down as a conflict of interest with regards to confidentiality. However, I think that in the current climate they need to have a presence on the board, at least temporarily.

I would like the trust representative board member to lead the impartial investigation into the recent events at board level.
So what happens now? on 11:05 - Jun 7 with 2396 viewsRAFCBLUE

So what happens now? on 09:02 - Jun 7 by A_Newby

Thanks, RAFCBLUE.

So, the quickest way to place new members on the board is to encourage the current board members to invite them.

Would this need to be a whole board decision, i.e. consensus from Andrew Kelly, Tony Pockney and Nick Grindrod or is it a power that resides with Andrew Kelly as chairman?

I would like to see some, or all the 4 local businessmen put forward by Graham Morris and maybe Chris Dunphy join the board along with a representative of the Dale trust.

I know that the trust has been previously offered a place on the board that they have turned down as a conflict of interest with regards to confidentiality. However, I think that in the current climate they need to have a presence on the board, at least temporarily.

I would like the trust representative board member to lead the impartial investigation into the recent events at board level.

The Board can appoint by a majority of Directors.

They need three to be quorate so two of the three of them would have to support the appointments assuming they were not unanimous.

You make a good point about the possible role of the Trust and from a governance perspective there nothing to stop the Board appointing non-executives to support the Executive Directors.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

So what happens now? on 11:56 - Jun 7 with 2309 viewsjoecooke

So what happens now? on 11:05 - Jun 7 by RAFCBLUE

The Board can appoint by a majority of Directors.

They need three to be quorate so two of the three of them would have to support the appointments assuming they were not unanimous.

You make a good point about the possible role of the Trust and from a governance perspective there nothing to stop the Board appointing non-executives to support the Executive Directors.

As someone with little knowledge of Directors exec or non -exec. I was wondering what the need for Francis Fielding would be in an executive director position at the club?

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

So what happens now? on 16:30 - Jun 8 with 1873 viewsA_Newby

So what happens now? on 19:31 - Jun 6 by A_Newby

Next week or ASAP.

Before the end of June.

In July

Well three new directors appointed with more possible appointments in the pipeline.

That is a good start to my “what I would like to see happen wish list”.

I hope the board announce quickly (within the next two days) that a playing budget has been decided and details passed to BBM. Hopefully then BBM can give an update on his squad rebuilding and who if any of the players offered new contracts have accepted and will be staying with the Dale next season.

I hope the new directors also take the opportunity to introduce themselves on the official website.
So what happens now? on 17:12 - Jun 8 with 1766 viewswatford_dale

I think we really need to look at the directors and their suitability for the post and what can they bring to the football club rather than the current approach of just filling seats.

Not a fan of employees being directors, owners are different as they have skin and wallets in the game.

Non exec directors - great idea, ideally not from the area, position of seniority who can provide alternate challenge to the Board from their perspective.

The current board, how many of these are actually fit for purpose? Is there a level of understanding from the directors of what is expected from them?

Is there a clear plan in place for the short and mid term?

More questions raised than a closing episode of King of the Rocket Men - apologies.
So what happens now? on 21:20 - Jun 8 with 1454 viewsRAFCBLUE

So what happens now? on 11:56 - Jun 7 by joecooke

As someone with little knowledge of Directors exec or non -exec. I was wondering what the need for Francis Fielding would be in an executive director position at the club?

I think the words "Executive Director" are simply an extension of the job title.

Frances Fielding has never been appointed as a Company Director (as filed at Companies House) for the Company that is the club so neither an executive or non-executive director in the statutory sense.

It might just have been a way of giving prominence to someone who is publicly responsible for and the face of our commercial activities.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 9:33]

Login to get fewer ads

So what happens now? on 08:19 - Jun 9 with 1237 viewsjoecooke

So what happens now? on 21:20 - Jun 8 by RAFCBLUE

I think the words "Executive Director" are simply an extension of the job title.

Frances Fielding has never been appointed as a Company Director (as filed at Companies House) for the Company that is the club so neither an executive or non-executive director in the statutory sense.

It might just have been a way of giving prominence to someone who is publicly responsible for and the face of our commercial activities.

Thanks for that.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

So what happens now? on 10:15 - Jun 9 with 1116 viewsDaleiLama

So what happens now? on 21:20 - Jun 8 by RAFCBLUE

Exactly this. I called Companies House and they said "I've no idea who she is, sorry".

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024