Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pen Farthing 02:03 - Aug 27 with 2837 viewsWalterBoyd

Anyone else think saving cats and dogs is more important than saving human beings ?

Bizarre and tragic few days in truly awful conditions.

Need to prioritise though surely.
Pen Farthing on 03:22 - Aug 27 with 1868 viewsTreforys_Jack

The bloke is incredible, so full of admiration for what he is trying to do. To get so close yesterday then get turned back whilst in the airport. Hopefully better news today.

Truly shocking scenes from there, innocent people and the people trying to protect them getting slaughtered is sickening. Very upsetting.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 3:25]
Pen Farthing on 08:45 - Aug 27 with 1801 viewsangryjack

Pen Farthing on 03:22 - Aug 27 by Treforys_Jack

The bloke is incredible, so full of admiration for what he is trying to do. To get so close yesterday then get turned back whilst in the airport. Hopefully better news today.

Truly shocking scenes from there, innocent people and the people trying to protect them getting slaughtered is sickening. Very upsetting.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 3:25]

And people wandering why there are terrorists against uk and the USA,as we go around trying police World and cause mayhem,and when things don't go to plan just pull out and leave them to it....so wrong
Pen Farthing on 11:38 - Aug 27 with 1741 viewsCatullus

The cats and dogs have done nothing wrong though, it's the humans who are being b'stards!

Humans created the problem, human have perpetuated the problem, we keep making things worse. Give me a good dog any day.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Pen Farthing on 12:31 - Aug 27 with 1715 viewsdonkonky

Pen is an absolute hero. He has stated that no animal will take a place of a human. However he is working 24/7 to get them transported in the cargo holds where no human cargo is possible. Total admiration for this guy, pity our greedy, self centred politicians don’t step up and be counted.
Pen Farthing on 12:48 - Aug 27 with 1703 viewswhiterock

More power to his elbow
Pen Farthing on 17:51 - Aug 27 with 1634 viewsKilkennyjack

Paul Farthing is his name.

Beware of the Risen People

Pen Farthing on 18:28 - Aug 27 with 1623 viewsWalterBoyd

His friends call him Pen. I do wonder how that came about.
Pen Farthing on 18:48 - Aug 27 with 1614 viewsCatullus

Pen Farthing on 18:28 - Aug 27 by WalterBoyd

His friends call him Pen. I do wonder how that came about.

He looks like a Biro...or maybe an ancient bicycle?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Pen Farthing on 19:02 - Aug 27 with 1608 viewsWalterBoyd

I know his mum was called Penny, his dad Spenda, Wife Kaisa and son Chief. All unusual names.
Pen Farthing on 19:07 - Aug 27 with 1606 viewsTreforys_Jack

Looks like he and his staff and the animals will be getting out tonight or tomorrow, morning, according to a tweet from the MOD. Currently at the airport under protection of British troops. Hopefully true, not a hoax. Not going to lie, that has given me a real lift, in the complete tragedy of the last few weeks. Paul Farthing, I salute you sir.
Pen Farthing on 06:15 - Aug 28 with 1508 views1983

Pen Farthing on 19:07 - Aug 27 by Treforys_Jack

Looks like he and his staff and the animals will be getting out tonight or tomorrow, morning, according to a tweet from the MOD. Currently at the airport under protection of British troops. Hopefully true, not a hoax. Not going to lie, that has given me a real lift, in the complete tragedy of the last few weeks. Paul Farthing, I salute you sir.

Hope this is true and he gets a safe passage

Pen Farthing on 09:01 - Aug 28 with 1470 viewsbonymine

Pen Farthing on 19:07 - Aug 27 by Treforys_Jack

Confirmed mate good news story makes a pleasant change 👊😁 …

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9934313/Pen-Farthing-escapes-Kabul-200-

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Pen Farthing on 10:10 - Aug 28 with 1450 views1983

Pen Farthing on 09:01 - Aug 28 by bonymine

Confirmed mate good news story makes a pleasant change 👊😁 …

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9934313/Pen-Farthing-escapes-Kabul-200-

Good on him well done

Pen Farthing on 14:15 - Aug 28 with 1412 viewsGwyn737

Sorry, but I can’t help but feel that the energy should have been spent elsewhere:

Pen Farthing on 14:26 - Aug 28 with 1401 viewsFlashberryjack

If I had family unable to get out of Kabul airport, I'd be absolutely fuming if they were bringing dogs out before them.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Pen Farthing on 14:43 - Aug 28 with 1389 viewsunion_jack

Pen Farthing on 14:26 - Aug 28 by Flashberryjack

If I had family unable to get out of Kabul airport, I'd be absolutely fuming if they were bringing dogs out before them.

The dogs don't get their own seats you know. They'll be 'below deck' where humans can't go so no seats taken up at the expense of others.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Pen Farthing on 14:48 - Aug 28 with 1379 viewsFlashberryjack

Pen Farthing on 14:43 - Aug 28 by union_jack

The dogs don't get their own seats you know. They'll be 'below deck' where humans can't go so no seats taken up at the expense of others.

Why can't people travel below deck, I'm sure a lot of Afghans wouldn't mind.

Hello

Pen Farthing on 14:55 - Aug 28 with 1377 viewsTreforys_Jack

Pen Farthing on 14:43 - Aug 28 by union_jack

This... it was chartered and paid for privately with remaing seats offered to any eligible people looking to get out. It was extra, not instead of. The animals laughingly described as Farthing pets will be in the cargo bay. A lot of these animals are serving military personnel's adopted companions, who then get transported back to the UK when the soldiers tour of duty ends.
It's more of an issue that flights didn't start a lot sooner and many left with barely any passengers. Monumental c#ck up by the authorities, ah well as long as the beaches in Crete or wherever was nice.
Pen Farthing on 15:22 - Aug 28 with 1358 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Why did he not take his staff to the embassy / airport weeks ago?
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 15:38]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Pen Farthing on 15:46 - Aug 28 with 1351 viewsTreforys_Jack

Pen Farthing on 15:22 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why did he not take his staff to the embassy / airport weeks ago?
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 15:38]

I assume the same reason no-one else did, the advance of the talaban was unforseen.
Pen Farthing on 15:52 - Aug 28 with 1336 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Pen Farthing on 15:46 - Aug 28 by Treforys_Jack

I assume the same reason no-one else did, the advance of the talaban was unforseen.

It was not unforeseen. They didn't magically appear in Kabul out of thin air. They were on the outskirts of Kabul for a few days. Why not take your staff to the embassy or airport as soon as it became apparent the city would fall?

There are rumours online suggesting he and his staff were offered passage out of the country by UK government weeks ago and Farthing refused because his animals would be left behind. Let's hope that is not true.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Pen Farthing on 16:04 - Aug 28 with 1344 viewsTreforys_Jack

Pen Farthing on 15:52 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It was not unforeseen. They didn't magically appear in Kabul out of thin air. They were on the outskirts of Kabul for a few days. Why not take your staff to the embassy or airport as soon as it became apparent the city would fall?

There are rumours online suggesting he and his staff were offered passage out of the country by UK government weeks ago and Farthing refused because his animals would be left behind. Let's hope that is not true.

The rate of the advance was certainly unforseen.
Pen Farthing on 18:56 - Aug 28 with 1296 views1983

Pen Farthing on 14:26 - Aug 28 by Flashberryjack

I'd rather spend my time surrounded by animals than people anytime of the the day its people that caused this sh1t storm

If things were fair those planes would be full of children then women and then men but they are not.

Do you honestly think you just rock up with your family and queue up all nice like? Absolutely not they were cherry picked as to what use they are to us outside the Afghan world and Pen and his dogs are just a good feel story for the westerners to take a bit of deflection from this human disaster

What do you think about those planes bringing back vehicles then?

30 minutes ago I was gutted about the Swansea score now I couldn't give a toss
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 18:58]

Pen Farthing on 19:11 - Aug 28 with 1281 viewsGwyn737

Pen Farthing on 18:56 - Aug 28 by 1983

I'd rather spend my time surrounded by animals than people anytime of the the day its people that caused this sh1t storm

If things were fair those planes would be full of children then women and then men but they are not.

Do you honestly think you just rock up with your family and queue up all nice like? Absolutely not they were cherry picked as to what use they are to us outside the Afghan world and Pen and his dogs are just a good feel story for the westerners to take a bit of deflection from this human disaster

I agree it’s only theoretical and we’ll never know if this came at any human cost.

However, I do think that the time used on this could have been better spent. Ministerial time. Parliament time. Civil servant time. Paratrooper time. Media coverage time.

All of this could have been used to save women and children.

As for the vehicles; it depends. If they were military vehicles and if left could have been used by the Taliban then yes, I’d have taken them before the animals too.
Pen Farthing on 19:15 - Aug 28 with 1280 viewsFlashberryjack

Pen Farthing on 18:56 - Aug 28 by 1983

Listen mate, I know about as much as you about what's happening at Kabul Airport, which is probably very little, so please no lectures, I just thought the dog story was very relevant, with so many people unable to board planes, and then left to the mercy of the Taliban, but hey the dogs a safe.

And would you really prefer the company of animals to your family ?

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024