Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradford stewarding 08:45 - Oct 3 with 3348 viewssnuffler

I thought I would just put a copy of the email I sent to Bradford this morning Hello
I hope you can pass this on to someone who might look into this matter
I attended yesterday’s game and arrived in Bradford on the train, although the ground is a decent distance from the station I decided to walk,as it was raining and I had brought a telescopic umbrella with me it wasn’t a problem. That is until I arrived at the stadium were I was searched (which I didn’t mind) but was then told that I couldn’t take the umbrella inside the ground because I might throw it
I am 68 years old and there’s no way I would have even thought of throwing something, after several minutes conversation I was refused entry until I disposed of the offensive weapon,luckily the Rochdale supporters coach was parked nearby and the driver allowed me to leave it on the coach.
I was then searched again before being allowed in. I thought that might be the end of the matter but from my seat in the away stand I could see many home supporters coming towards the ground with umbrellas, many of them rather large golf umbrellas. Now I do not believe that all those supporters were turned away from the ground because they had umbrellas with them. Also once inside I noticed that in the top tier of the home supporters there was a group with flags that had poles attached, now if they are not deemed things that can be thrown I don’t know what is
I feel as an away supporter I have been discriminated against and would like to know what you would be doing about this unfair and unjust way of stewarding
Also just one final point there were a few supporters in the away section who had brought their own flasks, which in actual fact were a lot bigger and heavier than my umbrella, but they were allowed in. All we need is some consistency
I look forward to your response but don’t think I’ll get one
Kind regards
Bradford stewarding on 08:56 - Oct 3 with 3304 viewsR17ALE

The stewards were overly aggressive in their searching. I had my coat pockets unzipped and hands put in as he also put his hands in my trouser pockets. I actually checked he hadn't stolen my keys/wallet/phone etc before moving on from the 3 minute search. A friend complained and was told "if you don't like it, don't come". At least we know Rawlinson has got another job and has cleaned up his language too!

It was horrible treatment of decent football fans by a group of stewards intent on wielding their power with bells on. The chap who searched me was visibly frothing at the gash in lording it over me. Our fans are mild mannered and will take it. Other clubs less so.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bradford stewarding on 09:42 - Oct 3 with 3195 viewsBlueMessiah

Completely agree, totally over the top. I'm fine with a "Pat down" but delving into the front pockets of my jeans, when there's obviously nothing in there but a bit of cash is completely unnecessary.

They were also selling 500ml bottles of pop complete with lids which would make a far better, and cheaper, missile than a brolly or a flask.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Bradford stewarding on 09:52 - Oct 3 with 3160 viewsncfc_chalky

Those black puddings that you Rochdalians love could make a good weapon tbf,maybe they was searching for those,ecky thump and all that?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Bradford stewarding on 09:57 - Oct 3 with 3152 views49thseason

Stewards have no legal right to reach into your pockets. They may pat you down with your consent as a condition of entry to the premises and then ask you to empty your pockets if they detect something that concerns them, but to put their hands into your pockets could easily be construed as assault. Stewards should be provided with a table and trays for your belongings if they want you to empty your pockets, as they do at airports. This sort of treatment of customers belongs in the 1970s.
Bradford stewarding on 10:04 - Oct 3 with 3136 viewsboromat

I had a rucksack with me so I knew I'd be in for a search but my days it was a bit ridiculous. Every little pocket and compartment on me and my bag. The only zip he didn't open would have got him in trouble for touching my inappropriately but tbf he got close delving into all my pockets. The oddest one was I had to hand my cap over and he searched it for a blade .

Searching my bag fine. Patting me down fine. But then delving into all of my pockets because you've not found anything in the pat down, just seems a bit extreme.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Bradford stewarding on 10:49 - Oct 3 with 3043 viewsTomRAFC

I've had a Swiss army knife on my keyring since I was 16. It's never been picked up by a pat down. People seem to get flares through pretty well too. It's not fit for purpose.

In future, just carry your umbrella inside a thermos.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 15:27]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Bradford stewarding on 18:50 - Oct 5 with 2217 views100notout

did you get a reply snuffler?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Bradford stewarding on 20:35 - Oct 5 with 2035 viewssnuffler

Hello 100 not out
At this moment no reply, but I don’t think I’ll get one. I just needed to get that off my chest and it seems from other posters that I wasn’t the only one to be hassled
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024