Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM in disguise? 17:13 - Nov 7 with 7616 viewsCanaDale

If I'm totally honest, I'm not seeing any difference between this play under Stockdale, and BBM's style. This was a game where Rochdale were tactically outclassed by a non leaguer. Notts were better in possession, they had much more pace in their passes, and were much better in tight spaces and playing through the lines. Why have players like Odoh been stiffled in the way they play, because he's no where near as dynamic as he used to look.

Rochdale haven't had an actual manager now since Hill left, they need to stop hiring in these inexperienced coaches and making the team into this sort of development team. There needs to be an actual manager who can tactically adjust when needs be, not someone who comes in with this philosophy of how they play the game, but cant change things as they go. This is League 2, you don't get to have a philosophy. All I see is sideways passing and zero movement off the ball, and this comes from managers instructions, you have to be smart enough to change the game when your style is failing. This is boring and stiffling football that is easily found out. I can't see any improvement, and unless a proper manager comes in, it won't change.
BBM in disguise? on 21:51 - Nov 7 with 1750 viewsinthenet

Some truth said here , we need to bring in Gary Jones as far as I know he’s not involved in professional football maybe he still has his boots …

Rastrickblue

BBM in disguise? on 23:45 - Nov 7 with 1572 viewsswiggy

BBM in disguise? on 20:08 - Nov 7 by HullDale

'agree with everything you have said. We will always be more successful taking a punt on someone unknown than joining in the managerial merry go round.

However… and it’s a big however….

3 months in & Stockdale isn’t learning from his mistakes. This concerns me greatly.

You make reference to the points of Graham & Dorsett… Yet they play EVERY game. Why?

Jim has a broken toe (not withstanding the fact most people had written him off as finished before the season)... Taylor looks a prospect but struggled on Tuesday... with the personnel we have I think if we were to drop both Graham & Dorsett we would have to change to a flat back 4, probably meaning dropping O'Keeffe and can you imagine the uproar if we dropped one of our top 2 or 3 players season to date?

We persist with a formation that does not suit us nor generate sufficient results at home. Why?
I think this was answered further up, but if the players are short on experience / confidence, moving to a new and unfamiliar system could be seen as a bigger risk than its worth

We have absolutely no formational flexibility or idea of how to adapt during a game to match an opposition. Only one man can explain this deficiency.
same as above

I’m not Stockdale out, but he promised us more than he is currently delivering for me.
I actually agree that we're not where he said we would be... but I also think we will get there with a bit of shape shifting in Jan. I guess as a club we aren't quite as stable as he thought we may be, so six of one and half a dozen of the other. he doesn't really reference the off field stuff, but his interview after northampton away showed he was clearly aware of it and its impact

Removing the off-field issues & hastily assembled squad our current issues lie at the door of the manager for me.
I also agree here that ultimately our league and cup performance lies with him - but looking holistically at our situation he has been dealt a difficult hand for his first manager role... so taking that into account if we were writing a school report 1/3 of the season down I think he'd probably be scoring a B-. We'll know more about his (& our) mid to long term potential by the end of Jan

I've also not seen anyone come up with a realistic, viable alternative to his appointment yet. I's be genuinely keen to hear of any.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 21:36]

Bloody hell, yes Big Jim isn’t good enough any more but he actually is a centre half unlike the two people who we are discussing now. It’s ridiculous that we are missing Jim and having to watch two pretenders who simply aren’t good enough. Can you imagine these two Turing up for a proper job, dragging their feet and not bothering about their performance? I, like many others just want players who CARE and not expect to be paid for performances that would see them dropped from a 1970,s Sunday League team!
BBM in disguise? on 10:22 - Nov 9 with 1101 viewsAtThePeake

This is L2, you don't get to have a philosophy?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hill-i-wont

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024