Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Utilising Odoh. 08:06 - Nov 9 with 1585 viewsdingdangblue

For me he's playing far too deep, whether that's the system we are using or just his positional sense not being good enough yet. With his speed and his skill I'd want him 1 on 1 with the last defenders as much as possible. The number of occasions he picks the ball up and he's got 4 or 5 players to beat its impossible for him to impact the game as he should be doing. I lost count the number of times in the 1st half especially on Sunday where he had chances to make runs beyond Keohane but he chose not to - whether that's what he's being instructed or he just doesn't have the confidence or he's not being coached correctly. He's our best attacking threat and he's just not being used correctly.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Utilising Odoh. on 09:10 - Nov 9 with 1496 viewsAtThePeake

I'm not sure I agree there DDB. I think Odoh's best attribute is ball-carrying and at the moment he can turn relatively safe possession into relatively dangerous possession by carrying the ball past a player or two in those deeper areas. Where the issues in his game lie at the moment appear to be with his end product, particularly finishing, so I'm not sure I'd want him only picking up the ball in those final areas of the pitch where he's proven to be pretty ineffectual so far.

Tangled up in blue.

Utilising Odoh. on 10:07 - Nov 9 with 1399 viewsdingdangblue

Utilising Odoh. on 09:10 - Nov 9 by AtThePeake

I'm not sure I agree there DDB. I think Odoh's best attribute is ball-carrying and at the moment he can turn relatively safe possession into relatively dangerous possession by carrying the ball past a player or two in those deeper areas. Where the issues in his game lie at the moment appear to be with his end product, particularly finishing, so I'm not sure I'd want him only picking up the ball in those final areas of the pitch where he's proven to be pretty ineffectual so far.

Yes I agree with you there ATP - it's great we've got someone who can move us quickly up the pitch and his end product certainly needs work. I was just frustrated on Sunday especially in the 1st half when he had lots of space in front of him he seemed unwilling to make runs. Yet when
he's crowded he seems more willing. Its his first proper season so hopefully he'll progress and improve.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Utilising Odoh. on 10:08 - Nov 9 with 1398 viewsJames1980

Spent 30 seconds reading about the position and I have decided the way forward is to use Odoh as an Inside Forward.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024