Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Wallis MP 15:51 - Mar 30 with 4635 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Tory MP Jamie Wallis has become the first openly trans MP and spoke about going through a rape ordeal where he/she/they met a bloke on the internet who refused to agree to Wallis’s wishes for him to wear a condom and carried on anyway.

Anyway I wish him luck with his/her/their transition and I hope he/she/they get justice on his/her/their rapist.

Now this isn’t a comment on this horrific alleged incident or MP in question but a general purveyance to stimulate a debate. Do you think it’s appropriate or sensible for people in positions such as Members of Parliament to be meeting random people from the internet for dating or sex?

Now I’m an old romantic who believes there should be more love and fun in the world and I know that online dating is generally the way things are done these days. And as consenting adults we should be free to meet and shag other consenting adults as and how and when we wish, there’s nothing wrong with that. But is there a security risk for these types of professions? Should they take more care about who they meet? You’re opening yourself up for blackmail and all sorts.

Off you go.

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:52 - Mar 30 with 1321 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Jamie Wallis MP on 20:44 - Mar 30 by Lohengrin

This your idea of a good MP then?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51157838

Oh bloody hell my vague sense of goodwill for him/her/them is rapidly diminishing.
Jamie Wallis MP on 21:56 - Mar 30 with 1314 viewsLohengrin

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:52 - Mar 30 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Oh bloody hell my vague sense of goodwill for him/her/them is rapidly diminishing.

You know it’s going to happen, don’t you?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Jamie Wallis MP on 22:27 - Mar 30 with 1276 viewsSirjohnalot

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:56 - Mar 30 by Lohengrin

Despite myself I burst out laughing at that.
Jamie Wallis MP on 22:50 - Mar 30 with 1260 viewsLohengrin

Jamie Wallis MP on 22:27 - Mar 30 by Sirjohnalot

Despite myself I burst out laughing at that.

It’s how we keep sane in a world gone mad, John.

Jamie Wallis MP on 22:51 - Mar 30 with 1251 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Do you think it’s appropriate or sensible for people in positions such as Members of Parliament to be meeting random people from the internet for dating or sex?

Not at all. Somebody who represents approx. 70,000 people in parliament should be a serious person.
What we have here is a grown man who hasn't even proved competent enough to have sorted out his personal life.
A grown man who seems unable to manage a sexual liaison without putting himself in a vulnerable position.

Well, he isn't a grown man is he? He is a confused, mentally tortured, silly boy.
He has no business representing the interests of 70,000+ adults, no business.

But is there a security risk for these types of professions?

There is. That is why only serious people need apply...what a shambles the Tory party must be if they allow someone like this through the vetting process. Is this really the best they could do?

Should they take more care about who they meet?
Absolutely they should.

As regards sympathy for the bloke...if the situation was as he said (I personally can't imagine such a situation where a grown man wouldn't be able to stop such an attack...but there we are) yes that must have been horrific for him and perhaps he needs to step down and seek help, and get his life in order...for a start, make some decisions about who he is and what he wants to do with his life.

...but I'm afraid he has proven himself to be unsuitable as an MP.

I'm sure in the clown world of the West in 2022 he will become more popular as an MP now though, as he has notoriety + victim status + public sympathy...he is probably a future Prime Minister...I mean, who gives a shite about competence or leadership skills anymore.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Jamie Wallis MP on 23:21 - Mar 30 with 1236 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Which one is the MP?
Jamie Wallis MP on 06:41 - Mar 31 with 1201 viewsScotia

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:40 - Mar 30 by Flashberryjack

Just a thought, if he changes from a man into a woman, would there be a by election ?

I'd really hope not.
Jamie Wallis MP on 06:49 - Mar 31 with 1198 viewsScotia

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:21 - Mar 30 by 73__73

One being he hasn’t been honest with his constituents.
Nothing to do with his sexuality.

If honesty is a prerequisite for politicians there wouldn't be many.
Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Wallis MP on 08:22 - Mar 31 with 1171 viewsunion_jack

Just a thought, if he changes from a man into a woman, would there be a by election ?

I see what you did there!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Jamie Wallis MP on 08:29 - Mar 31 with 1166 viewsScotia

It's a before and after pic.
Jamie Wallis MP on 09:44 - Mar 31 with 1137 viewsLorax

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:07 - Mar 30 by Sirjohnalot

My comments were regarding the MP as a person and the personal battles that s/he is trying to overcome. I would say the same about any member in Parliament.
You know nothing about my politics, liberal or not. I just believe people should be allowed to live how they like within the law without being labelled with disgusting insults.

I'm with you. I don't care about their colour, sexuality or whether they like to pick up strangers for "fun", when it comes to politics what I care about is that MP's are capable and honest.

Unfortunately behaviour behind closed doors, when you keep secrets in your life, they can leave you open to blackmail. As such that makes this person unfit for office.

I also accept that "coming out" is very hard, people who are gay or trans, they often struggle massively with telling people, specially their families. Oftentimes they can't even be honest with themselves. Perhaps the best advice is not to enter politics unless all your secrets are out. No one can blackmail you if there aren't any secrets.

That just opens another big can of worms though, peoples rights, the right to privacy. Do we ultimately have to accept that to enter politics you have to be willing to forego some of your personal rights?
Jamie Wallis MP on 10:23 - Mar 31 with 1122 viewsKeithHaynes

I think it would be a bi election.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jamie Wallis MP on 10:52 - Mar 31 with 1111 viewsScotia

Jamie Wallis MP on 10:23 - Mar 31 by KeithHaynes

I think it would be a bi election.

Surely it would be a trans election? A trans person isn't neccessarily Bisexual.
Jamie Wallis MP on 10:58 - Mar 31 with 1107 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Jamie Wallis MP on 09:44 - Mar 31 by Lorax

I'm with you. I don't care about their colour, sexuality or whether they like to pick up strangers for "fun", when it comes to politics what I care about is that MP's are capable and honest.

Unfortunately behaviour behind closed doors, when you keep secrets in your life, they can leave you open to blackmail. As such that makes this person unfit for office.

I also accept that "coming out" is very hard, people who are gay or trans, they often struggle massively with telling people, specially their families. Oftentimes they can't even be honest with themselves. Perhaps the best advice is not to enter politics unless all your secrets are out. No one can blackmail you if there aren't any secrets.

That just opens another big can of worms though, peoples rights, the right to privacy. Do we ultimately have to accept that to enter politics you have to be willing to forego some of your personal rights?

They still have their personal rights. Nobody is stopping an MP dressing up in womens clothes or meeting sugar daddies off the internet. It’s not my sort of thing but it’s legal as far as I’m aware. I’m not particularly bothered about how people want to get their rocks off, but many others would see it rightly or wrongly as a bit sordid or perverse. You have to take it from all directions as an MP (no pun intended) it’s the nature of the job.
Jamie Wallis MP on 11:05 - Mar 31 with 1106 viewsLohengrin

Jamie Wallis MP on 10:58 - Mar 31 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

They still have their personal rights. Nobody is stopping an MP dressing up in womens clothes or meeting sugar daddies off the internet. It’s not my sort of thing but it’s legal as far as I’m aware. I’m not particularly bothered about how people want to get their rocks off, but many others would see it rightly or wrongly as a bit sordid or perverse. You have to take it from all directions as an MP (no pun intended) it’s the nature of the job.

Wasn’t punting youngsters to the wealthy exactly what Epstein and Maxwell were up to?

There’s a big problem here, and we’re well beyond the tipping point now, in that folk have become completely inured to political figures being corrupt, being venal. It’s not a good place to be.

Jamie Wallis MP on 11:11 - Mar 31 with 1103 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Jamie Wallis MP on 11:05 - Mar 31 by Lohengrin

Wasn’t punting youngsters to the wealthy exactly what Epstein and Maxwell were up to?

There’s a big problem here, and we’re well beyond the tipping point now, in that folk have become completely inured to political figures being corrupt, being venal. It’s not a good place to be.

I had assumed that he was the one looking for a sugar daddie. Serves me right for skim reading that article.
Jamie Wallis MP on 11:51 - Mar 31 with 1080 viewsLohengrin

Jamie Wallis MP on 11:11 - Mar 31 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I had assumed that he was the one looking for a sugar daddie. Serves me right for skim reading that article.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/jamie-wallis-co-owned-sugar-daddy-website

Jamie Wallis MP on 11:52 - Mar 31 with 1077 viewsKeithHaynes

Jamie Wallis MP on 10:52 - Mar 31 by Scotia

Surely it would be a trans election? A trans person isn't neccessarily Bisexual.

Not necessarily but possibly, it’s all equality though.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jamie Wallis MP on 06:58 - Apr 1 with 962 viewsCountyJim

Worked with a few cross dressers in steelworks always very open about it they had a bit of stick but have to say it was never nasty

Trawling the Internet that covers every sexual appetite doesn't it. It does make me angry when people are in relationships because you are putting your partner's health at risk

Back to the trans topic, I've been in the office in my current job because I've called a trans person mate they took offence I was told by my supervisor the person wants to be called by the female name they have given themselves or love I said id go the silence option

I'm old fashioned you are born a male or female it seems a very modern thing this I was born in the wrong body
Jamie Wallis MP on 07:17 - Apr 1 with 952 views73__73

Jamie Wallis MP on 06:58 - Apr 1 by CountyJim

Worked with a few cross dressers in steelworks always very open about it they had a bit of stick but have to say it was never nasty

Trawling the Internet that covers every sexual appetite doesn't it. It does make me angry when people are in relationships because you are putting your partner's health at risk

Back to the trans topic, I've been in the office in my current job because I've called a trans person mate they took offence I was told by my supervisor the person wants to be called by the female name they have given themselves or love I said id go the silence option

I'm old fashioned you are born a male or female it seems a very modern thing this I was born in the wrong body

If someone has reported you for calling them ‘mate’ you’d be better off staying away from that person and completely ignoring them.

The world has gone mad.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Jamie Wallis MP on 07:59 - Apr 1 with 930 viewsCountyJim

Jamie Wallis MP on 07:17 - Apr 1 by 73__73

If someone has reported you for calling them ‘mate’ you’d be better off staying away from that person and completely ignoring them.

The world has gone mad.

It's not often we agree
Jamie Wallis MP on 08:39 - Apr 1 with 919 views73__73

Jamie Wallis MP on 19:12 - Mar 30 by Sirjohnalot

I feel so sorry for this MP, I cannot imagine how horrible is must be to know that you are born into the wrong body, knowing everyday that you are not who you think you are. I would imagine, it is difficult enough to come out as being gay but to tell people that are you the wrong gender must be horrific.

Re the meeting random people, MPs are probably the same as the rest of us, they want love, affection, etc, Jamie may have been daft to go about it they way that it happened but it could quite easily have been the same having met a bloke in a club or pub. Jamie was raped, cases I've dealt with are always horrendous.

Really hope that Jamie gets the support needed and I have a lot of time for the bravery shown.

You said he was raped, shouldn’t that be allegedly ?
Has there been an arrest yet ?

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Jamie Wallis MP on 09:32 - Apr 1 with 906 viewsLorax

Jamie Wallis MP on 11:11 - Mar 31 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Well you know what they say about people who assume? Besides, if you're keeping secrets it's fine as long as they aren't things you can be blackmailed over. When they are of a nature that could see you blackmailed then it's a problem.

Doesn't the public interest have to come before their private interests? Anybody who disagrees surely shouldn't be allowed to stand...and saying that, how many of todays MP's would be ruled out? A lot I'd be willing to bet.
Jamie Wallis MP on 10:39 - Apr 1 with 888 views1983

You can't put an Audi interior in a Ford Fiesta and call it a Range Rover it will always look like an odd looking Audi/Ford Fiesta

Jamie Wallis MP on 19:33 - Apr 1 with 824 viewsSirjohnalot

Jamie Wallis MP on 08:39 - Apr 1 by 73__73

You said he was raped, shouldn’t that be allegedly ?
Has there been an arrest yet ?

Yes, you’re absolutely right. ‘Allegedly’
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024