Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? 10:14 - Apr 10 with 7180 viewsTalkingSutty

The number crunchers inside the club would be able to work out how much revenue was gained through season ticket sales last season so they could probably estimate how much we would lose by giving season tickets away for free to the younger fans just for this upcoming season.

At a time when bills and living costs are soaring it could be the ideal time to attempt to speculate to accumulate. Target every school in the Borough,really push recruitment for the new singing section and the great work being done in Studds Bar pre- match to accommodate the junior fans. Utilise the advertisement boards around the town and the local media. Set up sale kiosks in local supermarkets, people love a free giveaway. Maybe put six adult half price match tickets in each season ticket to entice their parents along.

Extra revenue made on programmes/ matchday catering/ club shop etc might even cover the initial loss of the season ticket revenue...and I would hazard a guess that the money made on those season tickets isn’t as significant as we think anyway. Just a idea.
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 18:27 - Apr 11 with 2042 viewswindowsbug2002

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 17:05 - Apr 11 by boromat

Yes I think if it is going to open up as a regular pub there'd have to be alot done to bring in the punters. Real Ale might be one of those but probably won't be enough. They can obviously show Sky Sports which can help.

Might be one of those things that just needs to be trialled see how it goes.

Cheaper beer for a start.
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 21:49 - Apr 11 with 1911 viewsblackdogblue

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 17:10 - Apr 11 by RAFCBLUE

Could the option be to open some days but not every single day?

Saturdays - Football?
Tuesday night matches?
Thursday night?
Friday night?

And would people use it?

Nope…

How many “Tuesday” night games are there, Racky is open anyway

No windows as my post & it’s a lost cause since JWL changed it around from
A “Pub” to a conference room 🥲

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 23:56 - Apr 11 with 1844 viewsJames1980

But as far as real ale on match days. I don't think my suggestion was totally daft.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 07:38 - Apr 12 with 1735 viewsDalenet

It would be good if the Ratcliffe Bars could be more of a community asset. My local rugby union club is good at this. Open 11am to 11pm every day, they have a building a bit like Rochdale cricket club. The bar has a weekly quiz night, is set up for sports on TV each night, and holds a brilliant themed "all you can eat" buffet every second Friday evening that is always full (french, indian, italian, pie night etc etc). A wide range of beers and 4 real ales rotated each week from local breweries. Mind you the beer is good value - bitter from £3.10 and real ale £4.25 a pint. So it does move a lot of stock.

The club could start by doing a few of these nights and see how it goes. Take Easter weekend. They could be open on Friday for the rugby derby, Saturday for Premier League and Cup games on TV, Easter Sunday for carvery lunch and Monday for the game.
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 10:11 - Apr 12 with 1660 viewsAtThePeake

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 23:56 - Apr 11 by James1980

But as far as real ale on match days. I don't think my suggestion was totally daft.

I think it was fair. I'd probably be more likely to go in if there were a few real ale/craft options. I've seen them at other club's bars this season, Northampton & Sutton being two that I recall from following Dale but I've also seen them on in a few non-league club's bars like Atherton Collieries and Colne, who I doubt have a regular flow of customers in their clubhouses on non-matchdays. The beer in the Ratcliffe is of poor quality and overpriced.

Tangled up in blue.

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 10:12 - Apr 12 with 1660 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 07:38 - Apr 12 by Dalenet

It would be good if the Ratcliffe Bars could be more of a community asset. My local rugby union club is good at this. Open 11am to 11pm every day, they have a building a bit like Rochdale cricket club. The bar has a weekly quiz night, is set up for sports on TV each night, and holds a brilliant themed "all you can eat" buffet every second Friday evening that is always full (french, indian, italian, pie night etc etc). A wide range of beers and 4 real ales rotated each week from local breweries. Mind you the beer is good value - bitter from £3.10 and real ale £4.25 a pint. So it does move a lot of stock.

The club could start by doing a few of these nights and see how it goes. Take Easter weekend. They could be open on Friday for the rugby derby, Saturday for Premier League and Cup games on TV, Easter Sunday for carvery lunch and Monday for the game.

Aren’t the club still tied into a deal with JW Lees for beer supplies though? Would potentially make any ventures into selling other companies beers an issue.
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 10:27 - Apr 12 with 1631 viewsDorkingDale

There are costs involved in processing cash which is why a lot of outlets continue to use the excuse of COVID to accept card payments only. In the case of the club, there would be staff costs for counting it & banking it plus the charges the bank makes for handling it.
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 10:27 - Apr 12 with 1631 viewsDaleiLama

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 10:12 - Apr 12 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Aren’t the club still tied into a deal with JW Lees for beer supplies though? Would potentially make any ventures into selling other companies beers an issue.

Beer orders were issued historically to stop the Big 6 strangling the market

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beer_Orders

Now, as I understand it, it is down to a landlord/brewery's discretion (and also, it should be added, skill and dedication of staff) if real ale, with a shelf life, is to be served.

If the club want to (and I hate the expression) "sweat the asset" then it needs to understand what potential customers want. The Trust membership has never been bigger and it has a well populated local catchment area on its doorstep if done right. It wouldn't be difficult to go round all the locals in the area, see which ones are doing what and doing things well and tailor their offer accordingly.

Builders could even put windows in.

No idea what restrictions are in place to stop any of the above, however, but if there is enough interest, couldn't the Trust explore this through Murray? It would, after all, be a win-win for club and community.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 11:51 - Apr 12 with 1565 viewskel

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 10:12 - Apr 12 by Plattyswrinklynuts

A former director dealt with that I believe. I’m sure he’d be nap…, er, happy to help.
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 12:25 - Apr 12 with 1524 viewsblackdogblue

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 07:38 - Apr 12 by Dalenet

There is no Kitchen in the Racky, all the food is brought in by external catering..

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 12:55 - Apr 12 with 1500 views100notout

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 10:27 - Apr 12 by DorkingDale

There are costs involved in processing cash which is why a lot of outlets continue to use the excuse of COVID to accept card payments only. In the case of the club, there would be staff costs for counting it & banking it plus the charges the bank makes for handling it.

That's an interesting point. I wonder what the club would prefer i.e I wonder what is the least expensive? I usually pay cash but would happily pay by card if it meant the club made more profit. In isolation, there's probably not much in it but over a full season it might be worth it. Worth asking the question at the next trust meeting?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 13:01 - Apr 12 with 1493 viewsjudd

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 12:25 - Apr 12 by blackdogblue

There is no Kitchen in the Racky, all the food is brought in by external catering..

I was talking to a former manager of the Ratcliffe last week.

He told me there was a fully equipped kitchen in place - not sure if it is still there.

Weekend functions were usually booked up 2 years in advance.

Some weeks saw takings of £12k.

I think the pub game has changed, but as he said to me, it's still got the same catchment area for weekday drinkers and there are good function rooms too.

I am sure the club is looking at how it can better utilise this asset.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 13:11 - Apr 12 with 1485 viewsHullDale

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 12:25 - Apr 12 by blackdogblue

There definitely is a kitchen in there (at the top end of the Ratcliffe side next to the dancefloor) - I'd imagine Bombay will be using that on Thursday for the curry night rather than cooking it all in town and driving it down.

There are a couple of interesting points on here...

- Use it as a sports bar type place... advertise it heavily, have a permanent beer / wings / burgers offering and have it available during the week for sports as well as for big events such as boxing (£20 in and you get a burger and a £10 bar tab).

- Some sort of discount scheme for Trust members (10% off bar prices) and ST holders (15% off bar prices) to encourage regular custom. A pub always feels like a habit, people generally go to the same one... it might be a slow burner to change that habit but worth sticking with, especially with such a big opportunity as the world cup coming up.

- Maybe have a membership scheme... Norden Cricket used to have a thing where you paid £20 and got discount in there for the year on presentation of a membership card. You could also preload the card with money (on payday, for example) and then use that for future purchases. The club has the money (& interest) and the cardholder has discounted drinks and has paid upfront. You could also not preload the card, and just present it paying for drinks as you go along.

- Pool table / Table footy / Jukebox... get a pool team in there and join a couple of leagues. Give people stuff to do there as a reason to go down. The Church Inn used to have a decent set of regulars in every Sunday... playing pool / chucking cash in the jukebox / watching Super Sunday. I'm absolutely convinced there would be a market now for that sort of place, so long as it was priced appropriately.

A few weeks ago one of the directors was in Dale bar asking for feedback on the place, the beer, and what beers etc people would want to see in there. As well as it being good to see a proactive approach, it shows they are trying to understand what would work.
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 16:37 - Apr 12 with 1343 viewsblackdogblue

I stand corrected sorry & it has a 5 Star Hygiene Rating as well

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 20:08 - Apr 12 with 1223 viewsJames1980

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 10:11 - Apr 12 by AtThePeake

I think it was fair. I'd probably be more likely to go in if there were a few real ale/craft options. I've seen them at other club's bars this season, Northampton & Sutton being two that I recall from following Dale but I've also seen them on in a few non-league club's bars like Atherton Collieries and Colne, who I doubt have a regular flow of customers in their clubhouses on non-matchdays. The beer in the Ratcliffe is of poor quality and overpriced.

One of these with a local brew in the 4 bars would be worth a try.

https://shop.harveys.org.uk/products/sussex_best_bitter?variant=17569025785929

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 20:45 - Apr 12 with 1201 views49thseason

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 13:01 - Apr 12 by judd

I was talking to a former manager of the Ratcliffe last week.

He told me there was a fully equipped kitchen in place - not sure if it is still there.

Weekend functions were usually booked up 2 years in advance.

Some weeks saw takings of £12k.

I think the pub game has changed, but as he said to me, it's still got the same catchment area for weekday drinkers and there are good function rooms too.

I am sure the club is looking at how it can better utilise this asset.

These people seem to have a good idea for making your Kitchen profitable,
https://www.peckwaterbrands.com/
In brief, you can franchise their brands and they help you to operate a "delivery only" system out of your kitchen, so you can offer Burgers, Mexican and other takeaway styles from a single kitchen and they help you to get customers for a delivery service. they even offer training and provide ingredients. given that we have a captive audience (ie fans) to start with, this could be a complete "no brainer"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024