Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Tate 11:26 - Apr 29 with 1180 views73__73

I wouldn’t mind seeing Forest promoted, seeing as Swansea legend Tate is a big part of the setup at Forest.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Alan Tate on 11:29 - Apr 29 with 1162 viewsKeithHaynes

For me he was frozen out at Swansea for a variety of reasons, his leaving us didn’t surprise me.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Alan Tate on 11:56 - Apr 29 with 1131 views73__73

Alan Tate on 11:29 - Apr 29 by KeithHaynes

For me he was frozen out at Swansea for a variety of reasons, his leaving us didn’t surprise me.

Don’t know what politics went on, but I do know he’s a Swansea legend.

Alan Tate on 12:50 - Apr 29 with 1097 viewsSTID2017

Don't get the Forest lovefest, ex Swansea connection or not.
Never any love lost between us in the past ?
Sleeping giants who have done nothing being relegated in 1998/99 ?
Great history but not even been in the EPL for 23 years.
People slag Leeds, Everton and even Bournemouth off who have all achieved more since ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Alan Tate on 13:45 - Apr 29 with 1069 viewsWhiterockin

Alan Tate on 11:29 - Apr 29 by KeithHaynes

A manager for us in the future?

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Alan Tate on 14:08 - Apr 29 with 1042 viewsSTID2017

Alan Tate on 13:45 - Apr 29 by Whiterockin

A manager for us in the future?

Perhaps it his likeness to Beaker, but never struck me as manager material ?
Who knows though ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Alan Tate on 20:29 - Apr 29 with 942 viewsbuilthjack

Tate is the enemy tomorrow.
Any other day he is fine.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Alan Tate on 20:33 - Apr 29 with 937 viewsKilkennyjack

Not management material in the slightest.

A follower, not a leader.

Beware of the Risen People

Alan Tate on 20:41 - Apr 29 with 930 viewsbonymine

Remember a trip up to Hartlepool (so glamorous eh 🙄) years ago eight of us flew up from Bristol to Newcastle Tatey was on our flight with his missus we were staying in Newcastle he was a great laugh went out for a few beers in the night too great company & great memories !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Tate on 21:28 - Apr 29 with 903 viewsajackslad

My two youngest sisters were at a party in Birchgrove with some Swansea players many years ago. Tatey turned up, was not happy with the choice of music being played, and threw the CD player out of the window!

What a rockstar!

Northern Soul DJ on Seabreeze AM https://radioseabreeze.nl/

Alan Tate on 21:54 - Apr 29 with 889 viewsFireboy2

Chatted to him at lenny johnroses testimonial at bamber bridge fc, great bloke my eldest was in awe of him.
Alan Tate on 22:38 - Apr 29 with 855 viewscadleigh

As I recall, Russell Martin has told the press that he contacted Tatey and asked him for advice on his application, which Tatey happily provided. Once offered the job, Martin negotiated a deal under which his crew at MK Dons came with him - including the guy doing Tatey’s job. This was before Martin could possibly have assessed Tatey’s attitude to Martin’s approach to playing football. Soon after, Tatey was offered Curt’s old honorific role looking after our loan players - a put-out-to-pasture nominal role that he had to decline. So he left, and has made a significant contribution to Forest’s promotion push. Fair play to Keith on trying to see all possible variations on what happened, but I can’t see any take on it that doesn’t reflect badly on Martin, and leave Tatey carrying the torch for the real Swansea Way in exile.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Alan Tate on 23:05 - Apr 29 with 834 viewsKeithHaynes

Alan Tate on 22:38 - Apr 29 by cadleigh

As I recall, Russell Martin has told the press that he contacted Tatey and asked him for advice on his application, which Tatey happily provided. Once offered the job, Martin negotiated a deal under which his crew at MK Dons came with him - including the guy doing Tatey’s job. This was before Martin could possibly have assessed Tatey’s attitude to Martin’s approach to playing football. Soon after, Tatey was offered Curt’s old honorific role looking after our loan players - a put-out-to-pasture nominal role that he had to decline. So he left, and has made a significant contribution to Forest’s promotion push. Fair play to Keith on trying to see all possible variations on what happened, but I can’t see any take on it that doesn’t reflect badly on Martin, and leave Tatey carrying the torch for the real Swansea Way in exile.

I agree 100% For me he got isolated and moved on.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Alan Tate on 08:36 - Apr 30 with 774 views73__73

After Alan Tates testimonial all the players and families went to a club in Swansea and someone I know was invited, he was stopped at the entrance by the bouncers who didn’t believe he was invited as he didn’t have any proof. Alan Tate and Darren Fletcher turned up said leave him in.
Apparently Darren Fletcher put £10,000 behind the bar, free night for everyone.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024