Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next weekend matches doubtful 10:18 - Sep 11 with 10858 viewsPikey

With the largest gathering of world leaders in London ever seen next weekend the police are unlikely to have resources to police public events such as footie. Could all be off again next weekend
Next weekend matches doubtful on 19:20 - Sep 11 with 2876 viewscolinallcars

I think reversing the fixtures is a great idea. We can beat Ekots any day of the week.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 19:31 - Sep 11 with 2837 viewsNorthernr

Next weekend matches doubtful on 18:45 - Sep 11 by RamseyR

World leaders will be arriving into all London airports, staying at stately homes/plush addresses across the home counties for a day or two beforehand. All those locations need to be kept secure. The SAS may well be required to dig in several days beforehand at some of these locations. The armed forces will be deploying ground to air missile defence sysytems in strategic locations, a big chunk of central London has to be security sweeped and then kept secure. All the planning operations and delivery for London to accommodate a huge increase in daily visitors every day, with possibly 2m(?) extra people on Monday itself. Think what is was like when just Trump came to stay. It's that x 50 . All the more reason why this weekend should have gone ahead, as next weekend it far too much of a stretch. Millwall's the tricky one, as it does take a lot of resource

Yeh this weekend daft.
Millwall is on.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 19:45 - Sep 11 with 2767 viewsnix

Next weekend matches doubtful on 19:31 - Sep 11 by Northernr

Yeh this weekend daft.
Millwall is on.

It’s why the people running football are not fit for purpose. Firstly they should have had a plan before the Queen died. Secondly they should have been able to adapt the plan due to changing circumstances. Thirdly they should have been able to foresee the knock on effects of any decisions they made.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 20:54 - Sep 11 with 2607 viewsconnell10

Next weekend matches doubtful on 18:52 - Sep 11 by francisbowles

Yeah I know mate , no chance they would treat paying customers with fairness.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Next weekend matches doubtful on 23:52 - Sep 11 with 2358 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Next weekend matches doubtful on 18:50 - Sep 11 by connell10

If we do reverse fixtures and play away I'd expect the league to stream the match live FOC.

Or even better. Don't reverse the fixtures but don't televise the original fixtures. Let us have our moment together without the TV cameras. I think that would have been the best decision and let us say what we want to say. I know there would be camera phones filming but who cares.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Next weekend matches doubtful on 02:20 - Sep 12 with 2232 viewsDavieQPR

Not going to do Coventry much good. They are already 3 games behind. Can see them being called off because police will reschedule working hours and football uses a lot of their time..
Next weekend matches doubtful on 06:28 - Sep 12 with 2150 viewsNorthernr

Next weekend matches doubtful on 02:20 - Sep 12 by DavieQPR

Not going to do Coventry much good. They are already 3 games behind. Can see them being called off because police will reschedule working hours and football uses a lot of their time..

Coventry are going to hit the international break with six games in hand, which as we know under Billy Davies rules means they're effectively champions already and we may as well call the whole thing now.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 06:49 - Sep 12 with 2124 viewsNorthernr

Next weekend matches doubtful on 19:45 - Sep 11 by nix

It’s why the people running football are not fit for purpose. Firstly they should have had a plan before the Queen died. Secondly they should have been able to adapt the plan due to changing circumstances. Thirdly they should have been able to foresee the knock on effects of any decisions they made.

It's mad innit. They're massively on the defensive this morning, going with the line that "we only had an hour to decide after the government meeting and we were trying to do the right thing". Maddening. The Queen was 96. That 'London Bridge has fallen' long read about everything that would happen has been shared around for years, it was surely not too much to ask for them to have a provisional plan in place.
Login to get fewer ads

Next weekend matches doubtful on 06:58 - Sep 12 with 2110 viewsHaslingtonR

One option is to play the game at home behind closed doors and stream it live for free.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 07:12 - Sep 12 with 2059 viewsnix

Next weekend matches doubtful on 06:58 - Sep 12 by HaslingtonR

One option is to play the game at home behind closed doors and stream it live for free.

I don't think that would be very popular with the clubs or the fans who go to matches. Clubs have already lost millions of revenue due to lockdown, and fans have lost a whole season of live football. It also doesn't make up for all those on zero hours contracts to make up any money. Our owners are already losing nearly two million a month running the club, I don't think they should have to lose any more. What is going to happen for season ticket holders, are they going to just suck it up or are the club ridiculously going to have to reimburse them and other people who've bought tickets already?
Next weekend matches doubtful on 07:23 - Sep 12 with 2042 viewsdmm

Does anyone know how many police are required for our home games? It can't be that many can it?

Having asked that, I do understand the issue for the police. Walking past a small group of policewomen yesterday I heard one say that her rest day had just been canceled and the others were suitably horrified. I'll be furious at the EFL, whose mismanagement is to blame if Saturday's game is postponed.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 08:13 - Sep 12 with 1951 viewsThe_Beast1976

Next weekend matches doubtful on 07:23 - Sep 12 by dmm

Does anyone know how many police are required for our home games? It can't be that many can it?

Having asked that, I do understand the issue for the police. Walking past a small group of policewomen yesterday I heard one say that her rest day had just been canceled and the others were suitably horrified. I'll be furious at the EFL, whose mismanagement is to blame if Saturday's game is postponed.

No games should have been cancelled nor should be cancelled (unless the police insist on it this weekend due to a shortage of cover). More virtue signalling BS from the authorities (and the small minority of fans who supported it). Still keeping my fingers crossed that next Saturday is on after last Saturday's absurdity.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 8:16]
Next weekend matches doubtful on 08:14 - Sep 12 with 1936 viewsLazyFan

Next weekend matches doubtful on 06:28 - Sep 12 by Northernr

Coventry are going to hit the international break with six games in hand, which as we know under Billy Davies rules means they're effectively champions already and we may as well call the whole thing now.

Sky will have some extra games to show instead when they don't have the Champ league games.

Coventry will have to rotate the squad, looks like Todd Kane will finally get some games then. But as we saw in lockdown with Rotherham if they stack up and your squad is small, which it is for Cov, then eventually the team gets tired and loses games.

I think Coventry will get relegated this season due to that and a weak squad. But that's what happens when you buy players like Bidwell and Todd Kane. L1 skill levels at best.

zzzzzzzzzz

Next weekend matches doubtful on 10:04 - Sep 12 with 1742 viewsdaveB

Next weekend matches doubtful on 06:49 - Sep 12 by Northernr

It's mad innit. They're massively on the defensive this morning, going with the line that "we only had an hour to decide after the government meeting and we were trying to do the right thing". Maddening. The Queen was 96. That 'London Bridge has fallen' long read about everything that would happen has been shared around for years, it was surely not too much to ask for them to have a provisional plan in place.

The only had an hour line is bullshit.

Her death was announbced at 1830, we all pretty much knew it was coming from lunchtime when the Royals started heading to Balmoral and BBC went to rolling news, that doesn't happen if the Queen is feeling a bit under the weather. Any comptent orginsation would have prepared for this years ago, they should have done the same as rugby, all games go ahead but clubs can postpone them if their are issues with policing for the home side especially in London.

The leaders in football love a token gesture, they thought they would be applauded for it and didn't trust the fans to observe minutes silence or show respect which is laughable. You only have to see how the poppy day stuff is done every year to know fans are very good at this sort of thing.

The cynic in me though thinks the Premier League did it becasue they knew the only avaliable midweek was cup replays and this was a way to get them removed for another season but thats probably giving them too much credit.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 10:29 - Sep 12 with 1638 viewsderbyhoop

99% of football fans would have been respectful, including the minutes silence.

Thoughts of postponing the next 2 games mean no consideration for fans who have already made arrangements. That includes Stoke fans heading to LR on Saturday.

Bur, since when were fans important.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Next weekend matches doubtful on 10:33 - Sep 12 with 1623 viewsHaslingtonR

Next weekend matches doubtful on 07:12 - Sep 12 by nix

I don't think that would be very popular with the clubs or the fans who go to matches. Clubs have already lost millions of revenue due to lockdown, and fans have lost a whole season of live football. It also doesn't make up for all those on zero hours contracts to make up any money. Our owners are already losing nearly two million a month running the club, I don't think they should have to lose any more. What is going to happen for season ticket holders, are they going to just suck it up or are the club ridiculously going to have to reimburse them and other people who've bought tickets already?

You make a fair point, perhaps the club could charge £10.00 to casual watchers and free to season ticket holders. I do understand the club’s financial position but the solution is promotion, along with the development and sale of players.

I am an ST holder and have difficulty attending evening matches, so losing last Saturday’s match and possibly the Stoke game is less than ideal for me. I will probably end up watching it by paying the club an extra £10.00. (As I understand it neither the Huddersfield or Stoke matches will be eligible for red button as they are weekend games rearranged). I am annoyed at the football authorities who could have looked at what happened in 1952. King George VI died on a Wednesday and a full programme was played on the Saturday, there was no reason not to have played the matches.

My bigger concern is that if both games are postponed, on top of the World Cup break, we end up with week after week of midweek games, if we are in with a shout at play offs (who knows) our squad isn’t big enough to maintain a promotion push if we pick up injuries and not good enough to rotate.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 10:37 - Sep 12 with 1588 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos statement.

Basically Millwall almost certainly yes, Stoke probably not...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/efl-schedule-to-resume-120922/
Next weekend matches doubtful on 10:38 - Sep 12 with 1582 viewsflynnbo

Next weekend matches doubtful on 10:04 - Sep 12 by daveB

The only had an hour line is bullshit.

Her death was announbced at 1830, we all pretty much knew it was coming from lunchtime when the Royals started heading to Balmoral and BBC went to rolling news, that doesn't happen if the Queen is feeling a bit under the weather. Any comptent orginsation would have prepared for this years ago, they should have done the same as rugby, all games go ahead but clubs can postpone them if their are issues with policing for the home side especially in London.

The leaders in football love a token gesture, they thought they would be applauded for it and didn't trust the fans to observe minutes silence or show respect which is laughable. You only have to see how the poppy day stuff is done every year to know fans are very good at this sort of thing.

The cynic in me though thinks the Premier League did it becasue they knew the only avaliable midweek was cup replays and this was a way to get them removed for another season but thats probably giving them too much credit.

All government officials knew much earlier than the rest of us.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 10:54 - Sep 12 with 1499 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Next weekend matches doubtful on 10:37 - Sep 12 by Northernr

Lee Hoos statement.

Basically Millwall almost certainly yes, Stoke probably not...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/efl-schedule-to-resume-120922/

Obviously both games going ahead with fans is the ideal situation.

But would we rather have 2 Saturday home games moved to midweek?
OR have this weekends behind closed doors?
Next weekend matches doubtful on 10:55 - Sep 12 with 1496 viewsNorthernr

Next weekend matches doubtful on 10:54 - Sep 12 by BlackAndGoldRanger

Obviously both games going ahead with fans is the ideal situation.

But would we rather have 2 Saturday home games moved to midweek?
OR have this weekends behind closed doors?

Just move it. Behind closed doors is evil.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 11:07 - Sep 12 with 1442 viewsdaveB

They could just extend the season by a week giving them an extra Saturday to fit a game in
Next weekend matches doubtful on 11:14 - Sep 12 with 1399 viewsfrancisbowles

Next weekend matches doubtful on 10:33 - Sep 12 by HaslingtonR

You make a fair point, perhaps the club could charge £10.00 to casual watchers and free to season ticket holders. I do understand the club’s financial position but the solution is promotion, along with the development and sale of players.

I am an ST holder and have difficulty attending evening matches, so losing last Saturday’s match and possibly the Stoke game is less than ideal for me. I will probably end up watching it by paying the club an extra £10.00. (As I understand it neither the Huddersfield or Stoke matches will be eligible for red button as they are weekend games rearranged). I am annoyed at the football authorities who could have looked at what happened in 1952. King George VI died on a Wednesday and a full programme was played on the Saturday, there was no reason not to have played the matches.

My bigger concern is that if both games are postponed, on top of the World Cup break, we end up with week after week of midweek games, if we are in with a shout at play offs (who knows) our squad isn’t big enough to maintain a promotion push if we pick up injuries and not good enough to rotate.

Rearranged Saturday games not usually available as a stream either, in the UK.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 11:36 - Sep 12 with 1294 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Next weekend matches doubtful on 12:38 - Sep 11 by stowmarketrange

I’m not sure the police would be overly happy to have Stoke and Port Vale at home on the same day.

This. Plus Staffs police will be sending officers to London as well most other forces.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 11:54 - Sep 12 with 1221 viewsDavieQPR

The other problem for Sky is Outside Broadcast trucks. There are not enough to cover matches and the funeral. So expect only Prem games to be cancelled.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 12:02 - Sep 12 with 1200 viewsToast_R

Ah well, I won't bother swapping out my Huddersfield tickets for Stoke ones then...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024