Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Rumours 10:51 - Dec 30 with 142908 viewsnumptydumpty

What we have got.
What we need.
And what we can afford.

My personal view.

No one to sell currently.

Our saleable assets are at their lowest valuations currently given recent form.

Others will know contract situations and wages. Etc.

I understand there is zero money to spend.

Am personally expecting three or four loanees, at least one striker, one full back, and one centre midfielder in Johansen style. No signings though.

Bonne, Thomas, Nico and possibly Roberts - I would try to loan back, loan elsewhere or sell.

Shodipo I think if someone on a par or better is available likely attempt be loaned out.

It's though a notoriously quiet window so could perhaps only be two or three deals done and if we can't get certain players off our books , be it temporarily or permanently, I feel sadly the replacements will not be incoming !!

The comments well we need two strikers that can put ball in back of the net !! Pure genius insight !!

Money talks. Hopefully Critchley has his own contacts and we shall see...

Crikey - apologies for crappy post - happy new year Rangers joys and girls !!!

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:37 - Jan 3 with 6057 views89_50

Probably one for the summer, but some players we're been formerly linked with are out of contract at the end of the season.

Just had a look, and George Cox and Josh Maja both seem to be available for nothing in June.

I wonder if our scouting/analytics team will be drawing up a long list with that in mind.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:43 - Jan 3 with 5987 viewsWestbourneR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:08 - Jan 3 by danehoop

Think Chair or Willock would fit well with Palace, much as it hurts me to say it. Maybe they are expecting to sell Eze and looking for a replacement.....

Chair won't be a Prem club target. Willock very much will be.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:50 - Jan 3 with 5923 viewsSimplyNico

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:37 - Jan 3 by 89_50

Probably one for the summer, but some players we're been formerly linked with are out of contract at the end of the season.

Just had a look, and George Cox and Josh Maja both seem to be available for nothing in June.

I wonder if our scouting/analytics team will be drawing up a long list with that in mind.

Just finished watching Sunderland Til I Die (late adopter). Maja is a natural goal scorer. Seemingly not too hot on loyalty and integrity with Sunderland though.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:27 - Jan 3 with 5788 viewsqprmarkoct1966

Do we have a recall option for Charlie Kellman ? Speaking with an O's fan and watched him against Stevenage i think he would suit Lyndon if we were playing two up front. Looks like he has filled out a bit , has a bit of pace and is a good finisher and is ours !
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:46 - Jan 3 with 5687 viewsdmm

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:27 - Jan 3 by qprmarkoct1966

Do we have a recall option for Charlie Kellman ? Speaking with an O's fan and watched him against Stevenage i think he would suit Lyndon if we were playing two up front. Looks like he has filled out a bit , has a bit of pace and is a good finisher and is ours !

I believe all season long loans can be recalled in January. However, I'll be surprised if we bring Kelman back.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:06 - Jan 3 with 5613 viewsstanistheman

January Transfer Window Rumours on 23:56 - Dec 31 by Antti_Heinola

Struggling to think who’s been held back by the loans. The players in their positions have been injured half the time

Not a view I agree with, but maybe he thinks the development of Kakay by playing Laird.
I don’t rate Roberts but he has looked a better player than Shodipo. Iroegbunam is a better all in midfielder than either Amos or Dozzell.

Our reserve choice players are not going to get any better imo.

For the record I would like to return Roberts as he is not what we need.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:58 - Jan 3 with 5351 viewsderbyhoop

Couple of rumours.

We are discussing an extended contract with Dykes. To put Grangers off?
Trying to hijack a loan move for malcolm Ebiowei from Palace. If you remember him as a 17 yo wirh Derby tearing Sam McCallum a new one.
Loan/ buy move for Sam Surridge from Forest.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:10 - Jan 3 with 5299 viewsHooparoo

January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:58 - Jan 3 by derbyhoop

Couple of rumours.

Trying to hijack a loan move for malcolm Ebiowei from Palace. If you remember him as a 17 yo wirh Derby tearing Sam McCallum a new one.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:44 - Jan 3 with 5212 viewsdmm

Couple of rumours.

And Nigel Spackman is of interest as always
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:36 - Jan 4 with 4796 views89_50

Couple of rumours.

I really like Sam Surridge. I imagine there'll be a lot of competition for him, unfortunately. With Simms going back to Everton, he'll probably end up at Sunderland.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:25 - Jan 4 with 4658 viewsHAYESBOY

Cameron Archer going to Middlesbrough on loan. Bugger.

Smells like a trout farm in here

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:28 - Jan 4 with 4638 viewsaston_hoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:25 - Jan 4 by HAYESBOY

Cameron Archer going to Middlesbrough on loan. Bugger.

I'd be fascinated to know how much that is going to cost them. I recall they paid in the millions for 5 months of some lad from Arsenal last season and they'll do it again I'm sure.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:44 - Jan 4 with 4571 viewsWelsh_Ranger

All loans cost money, some more than others and as we know some more successful than others. Surely with our analytics team it would be better to take a risk and identify someone to buy than spending the money on a loan which would land us back in the same place in 6 months or recall the likes of Kelman and give them time in the first team!

Maybe im a romantic/fantasist!
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:00 - Jan 4 with 4502 viewsAntti_Heinola

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:44 - Jan 4 by Welsh_Ranger

All loans cost money, some more than others and as we know some more successful than others. Surely with our analytics team it would be better to take a risk and identify someone to buy than spending the money on a loan which would land us back in the same place in 6 months or recall the likes of Kelman and give them time in the first team!

Maybe im a romantic/fantasist!

Maybe - alternatively, the team might have someone they know of who be comes either available or cheaper in the summer, so a loan is a stop gap.

Bare bones.

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:16 - Jan 4 with 4433 viewsWelsh_Ranger

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:00 - Jan 4 by Antti_Heinola

Maybe - alternatively, the team might have someone they know of who be comes either available or cheaper in the summer, so a loan is a stop gap.

We can live in hope! That would be good succession planning, my preference in that scenario would be to give opportunities to our squad or youth rather than throwing the money on a loan.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:17 - Jan 4 with 4426 viewsvanrrrr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:36 - Jan 4 by 89_50

I really like Sam Surridge. I imagine there'll be a lot of competition for him, unfortunately. With Simms going back to Everton, he'll probably end up at Sunderland.

Burnley also in for him apparently
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:32 - Jan 4 with 4343 viewsDavieQPR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:28 - Jan 4 by aston_hoop

I'd be fascinated to know how much that is going to cost them. I recall they paid in the millions for 5 months of some lad from Arsenal last season and they'll do it again I'm sure.

Seem to remember reading somewhere they wanted £3m + wages.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:29 - Jan 4 with 4189 viewsDoudou87

Cameron Archer off to Boro - guessing NC has no real connection with the Villa anymore, or we cant compete with the wages.

Might be controversial but I'd like us to sign Josh Bowler on loan, apparently being recalled with Blackpool sniffing around but they have just got a winger on loan from City.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:37 - Jan 4 with 4140 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:29 - Jan 4 by Doudou87

Cameron Archer off to Boro - guessing NC has no real connection with the Villa anymore, or we cant compete with the wages.

Might be controversial but I'd like us to sign Josh Bowler on loan, apparently being recalled with Blackpool sniffing around but they have just got a winger on loan from City.

That'll be a loan fee, and wages, and none of it will be cheap - the whole Championship would have him in a heartbeat. As said above, this time last year Boro took Balogun on loan from Arsenal and there was a lot of apprehension about what they would do with him and Chris Wilder through the second half of the season - they agreed to pay all his Arsenal wage, and a loan fee, which amounted to more than £4m for a loan signing for five months. Balogun scored three times in 21 appearances and they missed the play-offs completely. West Brom spent £8m on Dike at the same time to get them in the six, they too missed out and Dike played twice.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:47 - Jan 4 with 4062 viewstraininvain

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:29 - Jan 4 by Doudou87

Not sure how true this he but a Forest fan told me last month that Bowler is nailed on to join Blackpool on loan.

Apparently he’s unable to play for Forest this season because he’s already played for two clubs (Blackpool and Olympiacos). So the only other club (aside from Olympiacos) he can play for this season is Blackpool.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:48 - Jan 4 with 4055 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:47 - Jan 4 by traininvain

Not sure how true this he but a Forest fan told me last month that Bowler is nailed on to join Blackpool on loan.

Apparently he’s unable to play for Forest this season because he’s already played for two clubs (Blackpool and Olympiacos). So the only other club (aside from Olympiacos) he can play for this season is Blackpool.

Will he actually have to play some actual football there? He'll be gutted.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:59 - Jan 4 with 3980 viewssilverbirch

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:48 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Palace reserve keeper going to Man Utd. Was dougie freedman watching dieng against Sheffield Utd?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:07 - Jan 4 with 3916 viewsSonofpugwash

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:59 - Jan 4 by silverbirch

Palace reserve keeper going to Man Utd. Was dougie freedman watching dieng against Sheffield Utd?

Yes,sporting director at Crystal Paralysis was in attendance.Maybe checking on Willock/Chair as well.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:25 - Jan 4 with 3823 viewsaston_hoop

Freedman could well have been watching Iliman Ndiaye. I doubt Sheff U would sell him and he'll be a top flight player in 6 months anyway, but Palace hoover up good young Championship attacking talent these days so I wouldn't be surprised if they try.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:41 - Jan 4 with 3719 viewskensalriser

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:48 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Bizarre situation for a player who's clearly very good at this level.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024