Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is football 15:22 - Jan 9 with 3325 viewsKeithHaynes

And many should never forget it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

This is football on 15:30 - Jan 9 with 2885 viewsThrasher6

Saw the photo earlier today Keith.........what a gem....looks like Grandfather and Grandson...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

This is football on 15:35 - Jan 9 with 2864 viewsKeithHaynes

This is football on 15:30 - Jan 9 by Thrasher6

Saw the photo earlier today Keith.........what a gem....looks like Grandfather and Grandson...

This is football on 15:42 - Jan 9 with 2840 viewsmagicdaps10

Great photo and reminder what it's all about.............cant beat a face and enthusiasm of a young one being at a game.

The smell of the grass, the lights at a night game, a warm pastie(cold on one side at the Vetch) and feeling the hair on the back of your kneck.......special moments.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This is football on 15:45 - Jan 9 with 2834 viewsBoundy

This is football on 15:30 - Jan 9 by Thrasher6

Anyone whos been to Workington will know the weathers' firece up there ,its father & son . Great image

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

This is football on 15:56 - Jan 9 with 2793 viewsKeithHaynes

This is football on 15:45 - Jan 9 by Boundy

Anyone whos been to Workington will know the weathers' firece up there ,its father & son . Great image

Went with an uncle back in the seventies, I know we won. I couldn’t have been more than thirteen. But what a tear up in the ground. One of my first experiences of such skullduggery.

This is football on 16:14 - Jan 9 with 2754 viewsFireboy2

This is football on 15:45 - Jan 9 by Boundy

I played rugby up there several times both league and union and you not only have to deal with the weather you have to deal with the monsters that play the game.

That photo is brilliant 👏
This is football on 16:29 - Jan 9 with 2719 viewsSirjohnalot

This is football on 15:42 - Jan 9 by magicdaps10

Great photo and reminder what it's all about.............cant beat a face and enthusiasm of a young one being at a game.

The smell of the grass, the lights at a night game, a warm pastie(cold on one side at the Vetch) and feeling the hair on the back of your kneck.......special moments.

Going to watch Neath in the 80s and 90s with mam and dad, seeing them batter teams into submission, the smell of wintergreen will always take me back to those magical days
This is football on 16:33 - Jan 9 with 2713 viewsKeithHaynes

This is football on 16:29 - Jan 9 by Sirjohnalot

Going to watch Neath in the 80s and 90s with mam and dad, seeing them batter teams into submission, the smell of wintergreen will always take me back to those magical days

Brewery Field for me, different times, Glen Webbe etc.

Login to get fewer ads

This is football on 16:40 - Jan 9 with 2688 viewsmagicdaps10

I spent a bit of my time down the Talbot Athletic ground, Boxing day game against Neath was never a good thing in the 80s/90s which ironically was my days down there.

I remember the drama when Matthew Mccarthy crossed over to you lot 🙈
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 16:40]

This is football on 17:00 - Jan 9 with 2654 viewsSirjohnalot

This is football on 16:33 - Jan 9 by KeithHaynes

That lad made wearing gloves fashionable. What a player
This is football on 17:03 - Jan 9 with 2634 viewsSirjohnalot

This is football on 16:40 - Jan 9 by magicdaps10

I spent a bit of my time down the Talbot Athletic ground, Boxing day game against Neath was never a good thing in the 80s/90s which ironically was my days down there.

I remember the drama when Matthew Mccarthy crossed over to you lot 🙈
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 16:40]

Remember when Neath put a century on Aberavon (around 96) the Neath announcer said 'Mrs Mainwaring has left the building'
This is football on 17:05 - Jan 9 with 2608 viewsKeithHaynes

This is football on 17:00 - Jan 9 by Sirjohnalot

That lad made wearing gloves fashionable. What a player

I was also privileged to see JPR in a Bridgend shirt, the Gareth Bale of rugby.

This is football on 17:15 - Jan 9 with 2578 viewsbuilthjack

Great photo. I think I would have moved to one of the undercover areas though.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

This is football on 17:36 - Jan 9 with 2545 viewsmagicdaps10

This is football on 17:03 - Jan 9 by Sirjohnalot

Remember when Neath put a century on Aberavon (around 96) the Neath announcer said 'Mrs Mainwaring has left the building'

Can't remember that one(conveniently).

My mate had a season or 2 down the Gnoll but was shipped out with an ageing Malcom Dacey to Bonymaen.
I had a couple of seasons in my younger days at Britton Ferry, Brian Thomas? House was over looking the pitch.......was told that there was a 6ft drop from one side to the other, never easy playing up hill in the 2nd half. 🙈

Can't beat grassroots be it Football or Rugby.

This is football on 17:49 - Jan 9 with 2512 viewsSirjohnalot

Played cricket for the Ferry (town) Yes Boxing Day and Easter clashes with aberavon. We always parked under the bridge that’s the opening scene in Twin Town (at least it looks like it)
This is football on 18:59 - Jan 9 with 2444 viewsswan65split

When it was announced Gareth Llewelyn was going two win his first Cap he was working with my shift, if you call it working... The Western Mail came in for a picture of him, it was taken with him holding my Swansea City Mug.
This is football on 19:32 - Jan 9 with 2411 viewsSirjohnalot

This is football on 18:59 - Jan 9 by swan65split

When it was announced Gareth Llewelyn was going two win his first Cap he was working with my shift, if you call it working... The Western Mail came in for a picture of him, it was taken with him holding my Swansea City Mug.

Think that was just after Neath played NZ ?

Loved that time, luckily the away trips were mostly all within an hour or so.
This is football on 20:15 - Jan 9 with 2386 viewsonehunglow

This is football on 17:05 - Jan 9 by KeithHaynes

I was also privileged to see JPR in a Bridgend shirt, the Gareth Bale of rugby.

Were you there when his face got on the way of All Black boots

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

This is football on 20:28 - Jan 9 with 2368 viewsCleddau

This is football on 16:33 - Jan 9 by KeithHaynes

A decent athlete as well, I competed against him a couple of times in the early 80s.
This is football on 11:58 - Jan 10 with 2195 viewsKilkennyjack

Outstanding photo Keith.

❤️👍

Beware of the Risen People

This is football on 12:41 - Jan 10 with 2159 viewstheloneranger

This is football on 15:56 - Jan 9 by KeithHaynes

Went with an uncle back in the seventies, I know we won. I couldn’t have been more than thirteen. But what a tear up in the ground. One of my first experiences of such skullduggery.

Unlucky to watch us lose at home in 1965 to Workington 1-6, and then approx 3 weeks later lose away to them 7-0.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

This is football on 09:24 - Jan 12 with 2014 viewsTimBowen

This is football on 12:41 - Jan 10 by theloneranger

Unlucky to watch us lose at home in 1965 to Workington 1-6, and then approx 3 weeks later lose away to them 7-0.

I remember it well LR.

It was only 3 years after I started supporting the Swans, always on the railways sleepers, at the 'Town end' of the Vetch.

The Workington Town sequence of results you mention was shocking at the time. First match at home, second away that season.

Then the third 'tonking,' away in September the following season.

Date Match Result Score Competition
14 Sep 1965 Swansea Town v Workington L 1‑6 League Division Three
04 Oct 1965 Workington v Swansea Town L 7‑0 League Division Three
16 Sep 1966 Workington v Swansea Town L 6‑3 League Division Three

Strangely, the home fixture that season (Jan 1967) saw us win 5-2, Followed by another 5-2 home win in October the next season.

No shortage of goals in those five consecutive matches v Workington eh?

Swans 14 v Workington 23.
This is football on 10:40 - Jan 12 with 1972 viewsMrSwerve

Do people actually get upset if the players don't come over and clap the fans at the end of the game? I could see why a child would but not a grown man or woman...

I agree that it's probably nice to be acknowledged but do people actually leave with some anger towards it?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

This is football on 13:48 - Jan 12 with 1918 viewsWhiterockin

This is football on 10:40 - Jan 12 by MrSwerve

Do people actually get upset if the players don't come over and clap the fans at the end of the game? I could see why a child would but not a grown man or woman...

I agree that it's probably nice to be acknowledged but do people actually leave with some anger towards it?

Maybe they should just wave to the camera to acknowledge the people watching on monitors, instead of the supporters who spend hundreds if not thousands of pounds travelling to support those same players all over the country.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

This is football on 15:41 - Jan 12 with 1877 viewsMrSwerve

This is football on 13:48 - Jan 12 by Whiterockin

Maybe they should just wave to the camera to acknowledge the people watching on monitors, instead of the supporters who spend hundreds if not thousands of pounds travelling to support those same players all over the country.

Maybe…they shouldn’t cry about it either.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024