Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall school end 16:49 - Jan 19 with 6854 viewsconnell10

Upper and lower for their game at ours

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Millwall school end on 08:14 - Jan 20 with 2427 viewsNorthLondonR

the gaff will be crawling with flat caps and stoneys, with the scent of joop hanging thick in the w12 air
Millwall school end on 08:47 - Jan 20 with 2369 viewsNortholt_Rs

Millwall school end on 08:14 - Jan 20 by NorthLondonR

the gaff will be crawling with flat caps and stoneys, with the scent of joop hanging thick in the w12 air

Exactly. It’s a crazy decision and a dangerous one too. That scum lot don’t take 3k fans to any ground ever - it will be their big day out of the season. This nullifies any home advantage we may have had and lots of older and family Rs fans won’t attend the game because of their scum fans - so I don’t see how this decision brings the club in any additional money. It won’t. If Hoos thinks the scum were ‘good as gold’ last season he clearly didn’t talk with any of those terrified families on Shepherds Bush Green. The man is delusional. They are vile scum - I wouldn’t let any of them anywhere near LR. Not one. Where else do the OB have to bring a portable tunnel to get away fans safely out of a football ground to the train station other than their sh1t ground? It’s 2023 FFS!!! Insane decision by Hoos.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Millwall school end on 08:57 - Jan 20 with 2330 viewspaulhoop2

To be fair Northolt all club will be concerned about is behaviour inside the ground externally it’s a police matter and I’m pretty sure OB would be advising the local authority also. You do have a valid point but just think need to consider whole picture to it all

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Millwall school end on 09:00 - Jan 20 with 2311 viewsDavieQPR

Trouble is it's not a few extra 'quid'. If you get in an extra 3000 @ £30 a pop that's £90,000 plus add ons.
Millwall school end on 09:08 - Jan 20 with 2267 viewsNortholt_Rs

Millwall school end on 09:00 - Jan 20 by DavieQPR

Trouble is it's not a few extra 'quid'. If you get in an extra 3000 @ £30 a pop that's £90,000 plus add ons.

Er….you’re not getting an extra 3,000…..you’re getting an extra 1,500. I’m pretty sure we’ll have that many at least of our own supporters (older, families, kids, etc) who won’t attend…. So, I don’t see how this diabolical decision brings in any extra money. Even if it did, is it really worth it for us and the local community ? What is the policing and stewarding cost to the club?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2023 9:17]

Millwall school end on 09:14 - Jan 20 with 2251 viewsNortholt_Rs

Millwall school end on 08:57 - Jan 20 by paulhoop2

To be fair Northolt all club will be concerned about is behaviour inside the ground externally it’s a police matter and I’m pretty sure OB would be advising the local authority also. You do have a valid point but just think need to consider whole picture to it all

We are a community club so we should be considering the impact on the people who live around our ground. I’ve seen it first hand - they are fkn animals. Nothing justifies giving these scum 3k tickets. It’s an insane decision.

Millwall school end on 09:42 - Jan 20 with 2197 viewsNorthernr

The working theory is "if you treat Millwall right they behave themselves", if you limit their allocation and pen them behind police dogs they act up, and that actually we get more trouble with Luton and Birmingham than we do this lot.

Whether we'd all agree or not I don't know, and it's certainly basically giving up whatever home advantage we would have had, as happened on the opening day of last season.
Millwall school end on 09:59 - Jan 20 with 2135 viewsbellomatic

seems to be a minority opinion on here, but I think having both the top and bottom of the away end full makes for a much better atmosphere.

give Hoos a medal for taking a brave decision in the face of popular opinion!
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall school end on 10:04 - Jan 20 with 2121 viewsBlue_Castello

Millwall school end on 09:08 - Jan 20 by Northolt_Rs

Er….you’re not getting an extra 3,000…..you’re getting an extra 1,500. I’m pretty sure we’ll have that many at least of our own supporters (older, families, kids, etc) who won’t attend…. So, I don’t see how this diabolical decision brings in any extra money. Even if it did, is it really worth it for us and the local community ? What is the policing and stewarding cost to the club?

Agreed and I think the top tier holds 1800 and the bottom 1200, so it's even less, and they may restrict the sides to keep the fans a distance from each other so it may be an extra 1000 tickets.
As you say plenty of people just won't go to the game, I'm a big supporter of Hoos but this is a crap decision
[Post edited 20 Jan 2023 14:01]
Millwall school end on 10:38 - Jan 20 with 2058 viewsRBlock

Playing devil's advocate here, but when Reading, a club with FFP restrictions who struggle to fill their ground restricted our away allocation (for different reasons, albeit) we all looked at that and thought it was a a bloody ridiculous idea. We're in a similar situation, our FFP/P&S situation is well known - why turn down the extra revenue?
Millwall school end on 11:19 - Jan 20 with 1988 viewsRangersw12

Millwall school end on 09:42 - Jan 20 by Northernr

The working theory is "if you treat Millwall right they behave themselves", if you limit their allocation and pen them behind police dogs they act up, and that actually we get more trouble with Luton and Birmingham than we do this lot.

Whether we'd all agree or not I don't know, and it's certainly basically giving up whatever home advantage we would have had, as happened on the opening day of last season.

Hoos has given up our home advantage since the day he got here and shows no interest in trying to fill the ground with QPR fans
Millwall school end on 13:35 - Jan 20 with 1837 viewsthehat

Personally (and I know I'm in the minority here) am not to worried about them having both tiers. I think it will make for a cracking old skool London Derby.

I also think it will spur our players on and hopefully our fans too - If we can get the other three sides of Loftus Road rocking then it should be a fantastic atmosphere.

Shades of a last minute Clive Wilson penalty in the FA cup 5th Round - Great days indeed.
Millwall school end on 13:40 - Jan 20 with 1809 viewseastside_r

Millwall school end on 13:35 - Jan 20 by thehat

Personally (and I know I'm in the minority here) am not to worried about them having both tiers. I think it will make for a cracking old skool London Derby.

I also think it will spur our players on and hopefully our fans too - If we can get the other three sides of Loftus Road rocking then it should be a fantastic atmosphere.

Shades of a last minute Clive Wilson penalty in the FA cup 5th Round - Great days indeed.

Inside the ground is one thing. Outside is very much another.
Millwall school end on 13:45 - Jan 20 with 1774 viewsR_from_afar

Do you mind? I'm trying to eat my lunch!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Millwall school end on 15:08 - Jan 20 with 1646 viewsStanisgod

Millwall school end on 09:59 - Jan 20 by bellomatic

seems to be a minority opinion on here, but I think having both the top and bottom of the away end full makes for a much better atmosphere.

give Hoos a medal for taking a brave decision in the face of popular opinion!

Yeah, THEIR advantage

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Millwall school end on 16:24 - Jan 20 with 1555 viewsjohnhoop

Millwall school end on 09:08 - Jan 20 by Northolt_Rs

And a lot of those fans who’ve been deterred from attending by this utterly cynical decision will be season ticket holders who’ve already paid so the club won’t get any less income they’ll just have a game less to see. I expect Hoos has that already factored into his calculations.
Millwall school end on 16:42 - Jan 20 with 1501 viewssm3ranger

Apart from the obvious ball ache traipsing round the ground to get home, is anyone actually bothered by their fans?
If you want mither you can easily get it, however if you wish to go about your business as normal you can, in 99% of cases as with any other game easily avoid this.
Not sure why people won't come to a game because its "Millwall" just perpetuates the myth that they are somehow feared everywhere they go.
Millwall school end on 17:06 - Jan 20 with 1431 viewsNW5Hoop

Millwall school end on 11:19 - Jan 20 by Rangersw12

Hoos has given up our home advantage since the day he got here and shows no interest in trying to fill the ground with QPR fans

That's just not true. Look at the attendances over the last 20 or so years. We basically have around 13,000 fans. Attendances rise a bit in promotion seasons, and in the Premier League. But there's very little deviation in average attendance figures at Loftus Road. Hoos is hamstrung by a stadium that's not a nice spectating experience for anyone who does not already definitely want to Rangers, by the competition for fans in London, and by the often terrible nature of the team. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/queens-park-rangers/besucherzahlenentwicklung/ve
Millwall school end on 18:23 - Jan 20 with 1304 viewsPinnerPaul

New bar to open on that very day.

Situated in the "heart of the atmosphere" - as it sits in the corner of the school end and West Paddock, it certainly will be on that day!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/introducing-the-corner-bar/
Millwall school end on 18:57 - Jan 20 with 1251 viewsstevec

We’ve been terrible at home all season, so unlikely both tiers will make a blind bit of difference.

I dare say we are paying old bill the same for 1500 or 3000 of their lot coming over, let them come and we should get a decent atmosphere. It’s not their fault we are still playing in an antiquated stadium.
Millwall school end on 18:58 - Jan 20 with 1245 viewsqpr_1968

Millwall school end on 10:04 - Jan 20 by Blue_Castello

Agreed and I think the top tier holds 1800 and the bottom 1200, so it's even less, and they may restrict the sides to keep the fans a distance from each other so it may be an extra 1000 tickets.
As you say plenty of people just won't go to the game, I'm a big supporter of Hoos but this is a crap decision
[Post edited 20 Jan 2023 14:01]

total allocation to that lot.....2,797.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Millwall school end on 20:13 - Jan 21 with 974 viewsQPsyR

Sorry but after the Joop comment this has to come into play and might lighten the mood after today - listening to the words and his back tattoo quite possibly Wall - definitely not a Marxist anyhow lol
On topic, Wall having both tiers will make for a good atmosphere and I don't really get why any Rangers who normally go won't...just like someone said unless you go looking for it 99.99% of time v Wall you are no more likely to get agg than if it was Charlton* at home just more intense in the ground.

*Possibly less likely if you inadvertently disrespected one of their fans favourite locomotives

FKA AcidPixie

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024