Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bentley Out? 19:01 - Feb 4 with 11734 viewsblackdogblue

Seen a few posts where it is mentioned he needs to go… also KH being mentioned in the last week or so…

Will leave this to James to do a poll 😎

Yes, he inherited a “team” from Stockdale & ins / outs was only a week ago.. settle in or are games running out..

As a fans led club “at the moment”… do we have faith in him as a Manager???

Talk of within as well.. not sure where as not smaller JM..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Bentley Out? on 13:19 - Feb 5 with 2013 viewselectricblue

Bentley Out? on 13:11 - Feb 5 by D_Alien

Slug Army Jimmy?

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Bentley Out? on 18:18 - Feb 5 with 1729 viewsDaleiLama

Bentley Out? on 13:11 - Feb 5 by D_Alien

Slug Army Jimmy?

He's been playing like Swiss Roll Jimmy for weeks

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bentley Out? on 15:46 - Feb 6 with 1403 viewsAtThePeake

Bentley Out? on 10:38 - Feb 5 by fourfourtwo

I have to say I’m fast losing faith in Bentley.

That yesterday was the latest in a series of disgraces.

He is tactically inept. We’re setting up in a way that doesn’t suit the players. He is nearly as bad as Stockdale when it comes to making subs. The goalkeeper situation is an absolute joke. Have any players actually improved under him?

Why the hell are we playing five at the back again? I’d love someone to tell me our win ratio when playing five at the back under Stockdale and Bentley.

We’re losing week in week out without even trying. We are absolutely pathetic and the players are a joke.

If my memory is right and RS played a back 5 for every game last season except away at Harrogate, plus his few in charge this season and Bentley has played a back four up until the Bradford game and we've played a back five since, I have it down as:

Back Five
P54 W13 D17 L21 PPG: 1.03. Win Ratio: 24.07%

Back Four:
P20 W4 D4 L12 PPG: 0.9. Win Ratio: 20%

You're right when you say that formations play a big part but honestly, playing five at the back is not the reason we're losing games - the stats show that we've been losing even more regularly when playing with a back four.

For what it's worth I agree that Bentley is tactically inept, I also think he's struggling to motivate a group of players that aren't up to the standard required - I don't agree that playing wing-backs hurts us as much as people think, though.

Tangled up in blue.

Bentley Out? on 16:42 - Feb 6 with 1279 viewsfourfourtwo

Bentley Out? on 15:46 - Feb 6 by AtThePeake

If my memory is right and RS played a back 5 for every game last season except away at Harrogate, plus his few in charge this season and Bentley has played a back four up until the Bradford game and we've played a back five since, I have it down as:

Back Five
P54 W13 D17 L21 PPG: 1.03. Win Ratio: 24.07%

Back Four:
P20 W4 D4 L12 PPG: 0.9. Win Ratio: 20%

You're right when you say that formations play a big part but honestly, playing five at the back is not the reason we're losing games - the stats show that we've been losing even more regularly when playing with a back four.

For what it's worth I agree that Bentley is tactically inept, I also think he's struggling to motivate a group of players that aren't up to the standard required - I don't agree that playing wing-backs hurts us as much as people think, though.

But is playing five at the back the answer? We know the defenders are useless & we end up having to watch the likes of Max Taylor, EEL & Sam Graham attempting to be ball playing centre halves when they're clearly limited.

We actually have some bodies available in midfield now & for me that's where we will either win or lose our league status.

Since going back to playing a back 5, Lloyd the only bright spark for quite a few weeks, has become completely lost & forced into a more central midfield role.

I would absolutely love it if we turned up on Saturday & found a midfield five something like, Lloyd, Adshead, Bennett, Brierley, Mellor with either Hendo or Quigley up top.
Bentley Out? on 16:50 - Feb 6 with 1240 viewsAtThePeake

Bentley Out? on 16:42 - Feb 6 by fourfourtwo

But is playing five at the back the answer? We know the defenders are useless & we end up having to watch the likes of Max Taylor, EEL & Sam Graham attempting to be ball playing centre halves when they're clearly limited.

We actually have some bodies available in midfield now & for me that's where we will either win or lose our league status.

Since going back to playing a back 5, Lloyd the only bright spark for quite a few weeks, has become completely lost & forced into a more central midfield role.

I would absolutely love it if we turned up on Saturday & found a midfield five something like, Lloyd, Adshead, Bennett, Brierley, Mellor with either Hendo or Quigley up top.

I didn't say it was the answer, but like I've pointed out, we're picking up even fewer points when playing four at the back - so it's not the root cause of the problems either.

I agree that moving Lloyd infield as a result of moving to a back 5 has seen him have less of an effect on the team. But, by the same token, the switch to a back 5 resulted in our only victory since November at Bradford last month.

This isn't a case of me saying we are right to be playing five at the back, just pointing out that it isn't really the issue at hand. We're crap with five at the back - but we're just as crap, if not worse, with four at the back too.

Tangled up in blue.

Bentley Out? on 17:01 - Feb 6 with 1214 viewselectricblue

Bentley Out? on 16:42 - Feb 6 by fourfourtwo

Adshead!

Missed that signing.........
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 17:02]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024