Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? 17:40 - Feb 6 with 2635 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59533/a-disastrous-week-

How to make good of a shipwreck, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 18:26 - Feb 6 with 1737 viewsmax936

Decent write up that, but it asks more questions without answers understandably as no one knows what's gonna happen, its a complete and utter mess.

I'll add another question, does anyone know what Winter does apart from pick up a sizeable wedge, if the yank's don't trust him to make decisions, which does look that way.?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 18:30 - Feb 6 with 1722 viewsKeithHaynes

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 18:26 - Feb 6 by max936

Decent write up that, but it asks more questions without answers understandably as no one knows what's gonna happen, its a complete and utter mess.

I'll add another question, does anyone know what Winter does apart from pick up a sizeable wedge, if the yank's don't trust him to make decisions, which does look that way.?

If he gave answers he would leave himself open to an evening of the usual stuff.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 18:33 - Feb 6 with 1703 viewsmax936

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 18:30 - Feb 6 by KeithHaynes

If he gave answers he would leave himself open to an evening of the usual stuff.

Fair comment.

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 18:34 - Feb 6 with 1697 viewsKeithHaynes

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 18:33 - Feb 6 by max936

Fair comment.

Obviously in jest.

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 18:57 - Feb 6 with 1629 viewsBadlands

Can it get worse?
Yes we could have incompetent majority shareholders and be looking at falling out of the EFL.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:12 - Feb 6 with 1600 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I think it possible that the article is a bit too black & white and either/or.
We do not know if any moves had reached the agreement stage, we also don't know how many there were at any stage of negotiation.
We don't know how many fell through because
the price was too high
the player did not want move to Swansea
the club changed their mind about selling the player
the player was promised more than we offered by his club
the owners did not think the player was good enough
the owners did not want to pay at all.

We really can't judge exactly what went on because we do not have sufficient information to make a correct decision.
At the moment the judgements seem to be being made on emotions rather than actual facts.
A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:17 - Feb 6 with 1589 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea city i mid table not in the bottom three or in the kind of chaos Cardiff are in. Swansea play nice progressive football but the are huge gaps in the game plan which the manager has not resolved.

Martin cannot solve them. This would not worry Sir Alex he would get in a hired hand to solve them for him perhaps?. Martin made a low risk KoL appointment not Colin Calderwood who knows about defending against 2-3 big bruisers. Wrexham would fancy their chances against this Swansea team. Led by Mr Parkinson who is still traumatised by Swansea after 2013. Their big lad Hanson a lower league top scorer was a spectator and Nakki Wells .

It is probably unfair on KoL but neither he nor 'Gilly' sided up to Martin to point out he was running out of subs and the team were starting to look leggy. Extra pair of eyes and all that are no use if you are silent. Perhaps they did and got ignored,

I have to wonder about the performance people as well. General fitness. Two late defeats to modest teams at home Bristol City and Birmingham. Martin has to get to the bottom of these late defeats and why Swansea are so ragged at time and sloppy. A truly influential and experienced assistant could be the answer and may be a stronger captain. Swansea must adapt. New signings are a quick fix for those not prepared to analyses what the problems are.

Wise sage since Toshack era

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:19 - Feb 6 with 1573 viewsSTID2017

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 18:57 - Feb 6 by Badlands

Can it get worse?
Yes we could have incompetent majority shareholders and be looking at falling out of the EFL.

Well one out of two ain't bad ( or good )

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:21 - Feb 6 with 1563 viewsSTID2017

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:12 - Feb 6 by A_Fans_Dad

I think it possible that the article is a bit too black & white and either/or.
We do not know if any moves had reached the agreement stage, we also don't know how many there were at any stage of negotiation.
We don't know how many fell through because
the price was too high
the player did not want move to Swansea
the club changed their mind about selling the player
the player was promised more than we offered by his club
the owners did not think the player was good enough
the owners did not want to pay at all.

We really can't judge exactly what went on because we do not have sufficient information to make a correct decision.
At the moment the judgements seem to be being made on emotions rather than actual facts.

Guess many judgements outside the inner circle are made on emotions.
However I believe Keith and co have their finger on the pulse ?
Unlike us fans

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:25 - Feb 6 with 1552 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:21 - Feb 6 by STID2017

Guess many judgements outside the inner circle are made on emotions.
However I believe Keith and co have their finger on the pulse ?
Unlike us fans

So can he tell how many players and what stages the negotiations had reached on the last day?
A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:26 - Feb 6 with 1551 viewsJack11

Yes it could, we could get taken apart by Sheffield United. A really demoralising hammering would be nail in the coffin territory. If results go against us we could be 17th by 10 to 5 on Saturday. Obviously I hope we get a good win and get back on track but I’m feeling worried.
A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:28 - Feb 6 with 1544 viewsSTID2017

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:25 - Feb 6 by A_Fans_Dad

So can he tell how many players and what stages the negotiations had reached on the last day?

I would suspect that Keith knows things he is told in confidence but not at liberty to divulge, yes

Edit: which may explain why he was so angry on Saturday evening on his call to BBC Wales ?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 19:30]

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:33 - Feb 6 with 1513 viewsmax936

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:26 - Feb 6 by Jack11

Yes it could, we could get taken apart by Sheffield United. A really demoralising hammering would be nail in the coffin territory. If results go against us we could be 17th by 10 to 5 on Saturday. Obviously I hope we get a good win and get back on track but I’m feeling worried.

I don't feel we got all the player's needed to do better than we are doing, Defence is a big worry, middle of the park seems unbalanced on times especially against the better sides and we got a glaring lack of pace in the team, which has been said for 12 months or more..

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:37 - Feb 6 with 1498 viewsDr_Winston

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:33 - Feb 6 by max936

I don't feel we got all the player's needed to do better than we are doing, Defence is a big worry, middle of the park seems unbalanced on times especially against the better sides and we got a glaring lack of pace in the team, which has been said for 12 months or more..

We have all the players we need to do far better than two wins in fifteen. We just need a manager capable of it. Currently we don't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:53 - Feb 6 with 1432 viewsmax936

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:37 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

We have all the players we need to do far better than two wins in fifteen. We just need a manager capable of it. Currently we don't.

That players can and should help in that regard, they take to the field and should take some responsibility, we got a Captain on the pitch as well apparently, its a shame he's a captain in name only.

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 20:05 - Feb 6 with 1387 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:33 - Feb 6 by max936

I wonder what happened to the players with a bit of pace that the club used to have?
A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 20:11 - Feb 6 with 1364 viewsSirjohnalot

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:28 - Feb 6 by STID2017

I would suspect that Keith knows things he is told in confidence but not at liberty to divulge, yes

Edit: which may explain why he was so angry on Saturday evening on his call to BBC Wales ?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 19:30]

Quite, we forget he’s a respected journalist with decades of experience and , I’d imagine, sources all over the shop
A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 20:12 - Feb 6 with 1360 viewsvetchonian

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:53 - Feb 6 by max936

That players can and should help in that regard, they take to the field and should take some responsibility, we got a Captain on the pitch as well apparently, its a shame he's a captain in name only.

Why didnt our super manager bring Naughton on ?
HE wanted to reshape the defence yet ignored Naughton an ex premier defender with experience and put Oli Cooper at RWB

We ha ve a manger on the touchline....a manager in name only!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 20:17 - Feb 6 with 1344 viewsKeithHaynes

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 19:25 - Feb 6 by A_Fans_Dad

I’m not breaching any confidences on here the same as Phil doesn’t on his site.

One piece of information keeping everyone happy that is true and we lose the confidence of a source or sources ?

I don’t think so.

It surely is enough you now know about the meetings this week between Martin and the majority owners, these things are built on trust, we’ve several reports on this site over the last year on how these things work. I have friendships involved, some I’ve known for thirty plus years and more. Built up through writing for many newspapers, magazines, publishing ten books and a long history of radio.

But there’s no way any contact within, outside the club ( agents etc ) or as a result knowing people are going to have their livelihoods exposed by putting things on here like that. I’ve only been open to this forum for three years, since taking this site over. And one thing I’ve learned is there’s no friendship on here amongst internet usernames, and anyone who thinks there is needs a trip to cloud cuckoo land.

Even when it’s safe to do so there’s a load of people ready to start a war and then we end up calling them out, which all gets a bit tiring. Life is too short. So,Joel Piroe signing three weeks before it was announced, Andy Fisher, Hannes Wolf, Cooper leaving and a whole host of other snippets remain firmly in our back pockets. Those days are well over. And anyway when one little thing doesn’t happen because as I’ve said before there’s no more free radical than people a variety of mugs just can’t wait to get all over it.

And anytime anyone wants to think why, because clearly words of one / two syllables are difficult for some, just remember why this site exists. Because some seem to forget at times.

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 20:18 - Feb 6 with 1338 viewsSTID2017

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 20:11 - Feb 6 by Sirjohnalot

Quite, we forget he’s a respected journalist with decades of experience and , I’d imagine, sources all over the shop

Decades ?
He not thank you for that !
Makes him sound like the David Attenborough of Swansea City

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 20:31 - Feb 6 with 1289 viewsmax936

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 20:12 - Feb 6 by vetchonian

Why didnt our super manager bring Naughton on ?
HE wanted to reshape the defence yet ignored Naughton an ex premier defender with experience and put Oli Cooper at RWB

We ha ve a manger on the touchline....a manager in name only!

I'm has baffled as you are on that subject, I'll be honest here and say that all I've seen of the game is the start of the match up to the penalty and highlights on youtube.

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 20:31 - Feb 6 with 1280 viewsonehunglow

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 20:17 - Feb 6 by KeithHaynes

One piece of information keeping everyone happy that is true and we lose the confidence of a source or sources ?

I don’t think so.

It surely is enough you now know about the meetings this week between Martin and the majority owners, these things are built on trust, we’ve several reports on this site over the last year on how these things work. I have friendships involved, some I’ve known for thirty plus years and more. Built up through writing for many newspapers, magazines, publishing ten books and a long history of radio.

But there’s no way any contact within, outside the club ( agents etc ) or as a result knowing people are going to have their livelihoods exposed by putting things on here like that. I’ve only been open to this forum for three years, since taking this site over. And one thing I’ve learned is there’s no friendship on here amongst internet usernames, and anyone who thinks there is needs a trip to cloud cuckoo land.

Even when it’s safe to do so there’s a load of people ready to start a war and then we end up calling them out, which all gets a bit tiring. Life is too short. So,Joel Piroe signing three weeks before it was announced, Andy Fisher, Hannes Wolf, Cooper leaving and a whole host of other snippets remain firmly in our back pockets. Those days are well over. And anyway when one little thing doesn’t happen because as I’ve said before there’s no more free radical than people a variety of mugs just can’t wait to get all over it.

And anytime anyone wants to think why, because clearly words of one / two syllables are difficult for some, just remember why this site exists. Because some seem to forget at times.

I would contend that it is possible to form and nurture friendships on here .
Friendships come in various guises and whilst Indont see many on here in the flesh I would say they are friends of mine .
Friendships don’t have to be face to face. Good friends are those who can go months,years without meeting but when they do,it feels comfortable .
Friendships formed face to face can go awry just as easy.
I don’t firm friendships easily or willingly,out of choice,but those I do are there for the long term .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 20:53 - Feb 6 with 1213 viewsKeithHaynes

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 20:31 - Feb 6 by onehunglow

I would contend that it is possible to form and nurture friendships on here .
Friendships come in various guises and whilst Indont see many on here in the flesh I would say they are friends of mine .
Friendships don’t have to be face to face. Good friends are those who can go months,years without meeting but when they do,it feels comfortable .
Friendships formed face to face can go awry just as easy.
I don’t firm friendships easily or willingly,out of choice,but those I do are there for the long term .

I know too many people, I’m always getting rid of them.

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 21:01 - Feb 6 with 1186 viewsSTID2017

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 20:53 - Feb 6 by KeithHaynes

I know too many people, I’m always getting rid of them.

Sounds ominous
"I was out, then they pull me back in"

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 21:17 - Feb 6 with 1137 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A disastrous week, can it get any worse ? on 20:17 - Feb 6 by KeithHaynes

I don’t think so.

And I would not expect you to.
But with the club split the way that it is neither the owners or the management are doing the fans any favours by not providing the facts.
Instead we have both sides accusing the other of the failure.
But the fans at SCFC have always been the last to know anything during transfer periods, unlike many other clubs.
So we stay just playing the guessing game.
C'est la vie
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024