Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Well it isn't my team, I inherited it" 10:26 - Feb 20 with 2402 viewsSheffield_dale

Been thinking about Jim's post match interview all weekend and that quote stood out for me.

Whilst it's true that he did inherit a poor team, he applied for and got the job knowing this. He is paid to coach, manage and motivate and so far he is failing.

It also feels like he is now covering his ar*e and making excuses in order to seek future employment when the inevitable happens.

Dig in, motivate, inspire, coach, lead. That's what you are paid for.

You are not paid to dredge excuses elsewhere so you can blame others when you apply for future jobs. I thought that interview was extremely unprofessional regardless of emotions.
"Well it isn't my team, I inherited it" on 10:39 - Feb 20 with 2326 viewselectricblue

In his post match interview JB came across as a lost and beaten man, he also looked like had enough......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

"Well it isn't my team, I inherited it" on 10:45 - Feb 20 with 2283 viewsAtThePeake

7 of the players who featured on Saturday were his signings.

What position in the table were we when Keith Hill took over in December 2006? He seemed to do a decent job with a team that he'd inherited.

Tangled up in blue.

"Well it isn't my team, I inherited it" on 14:54 - Feb 20 with 1867 viewsDorkingDale

This attitude is not going to motivate the Stockdale players - quite the opposite. He's been using the excuse for too long & it hasn't inspired anything positive. After so long they are probably thinking "F**k you" instead of "I'll show you what I can do".....
"Well it isn't my team, I inherited it" on 15:13 - Feb 20 with 1787 viewsrichfoad32

"Well it isn't my team, I inherited it" on 10:45 - Feb 20 by AtThePeake

7 of the players who featured on Saturday were his signings.

What position in the table were we when Keith Hill took over in December 2006? He seemed to do a decent job with a team that he'd inherited.

The team that Hill inherited had some talented players though and were arguably underachieving before he arrived. I honestly don't think anyone could light a fire under the current lot, they're just not good enough. Bentley looks to have done well with the signings of Mullarkey and Lloyd, the rest have been a mixed bag with the signings of Mellor and Dodgson in particular just done out of desperation to get bodies in.

Not advocating for him to stay by the way, this season has been one long depressing mess.
"Well it isn't my team, I inherited it" on 15:42 - Feb 20 with 1638 viewsDaleFan7

Whilst what he says is true, it shouldn't be a drum he is beating after ever poor performance we put out. It's not going to motivate the players and its not going to change our league position.

It's his decision to carry on putting players like Odoh on the pitch who are consistently under performing and I would have thought have a hand in loaning out players like Sinclair who had at least got on the score sheet. Just a couple of examples.

It's his decision to make no substitutions until 70 mins like clockwork all game when its too late to do anything.

He said he was a 4-4-2 man coming in, that didn't last very long once results went South, why?
"Well it isn't my team, I inherited it" on 15:54 - Feb 20 with 1591 viewsJames1980

"Well it isn't my team, I inherited it" on 15:42 - Feb 20 by DaleFan7

Whilst what he says is true, it shouldn't be a drum he is beating after ever poor performance we put out. It's not going to motivate the players and its not going to change our league position.

It's his decision to carry on putting players like Odoh on the pitch who are consistently under performing and I would have thought have a hand in loaning out players like Sinclair who had at least got on the score sheet. Just a couple of examples.

It's his decision to make no substitutions until 70 mins like clockwork all game when its too late to do anything.

He said he was a 4-4-2 man coming in, that didn't last very long once results went South, why?

Is it possible loaning Sinclair to Altrincham was part of the deal for Mullarkey?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

"Well it isn't my team, I inherited it" on 16:05 - Feb 20 with 1554 viewsAtThePeake

"Well it isn't my team, I inherited it" on 15:42 - Feb 20 by DaleFan7

Where/when did he say he was a 4-4-2 man?

Tangled up in blue.

"Well it isn't my team, I inherited it" on 16:45 - Feb 20 with 1438 viewsDaleFan7

"Well it isn't my team, I inherited it" on 16:05 - Feb 20 by AtThePeake

Where/when did he say he was a 4-4-2 man?

I thought he'd said that in one of his interviews but maybe he didn't I might be imagining things. He did say though that he wouldn't cane other people about previous signings etc its about him now and that the team looked strong which he seems to have gone back on now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024