Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kevin Phillips 15:14 - Apr 24 with 3704 viewsDale_4_Life

Kevin Phillips has unexpectedly left South Shields (who have FL aspiration).

Got them promoted this year into Conference North just one tier below Dale. They get around 2400 home fans attending certainly not tin pot.

I have no idea of the circumstance but would be the type of young upcoming manager we should look at especially with a non league promotion on his CV.
Kevin Phillips on 15:24 - Apr 24 with 3639 viewsrhf

Favourite for the Walsall job
Kevin Phillips on 16:36 - Apr 24 with 3408 viewsbluevein64

......and his son was/is at the Dale Academy, so he has links with the Club - just sayin like!
Kevin Phillips on 19:14 - Apr 24 with 3154 viewsTomRAFC

I watched South Shields for about 3 years when I lived in the north east, and still go to games when I'm up there. Brilliant club and the chairman is a top bloke. They're already running as full-time and are developing in a seemingly sustainable way.

Kevin wanted to move back closer to his family in the Midlands. The club agreed not to stand in his way if he saw out the season. Everyone parted on good terms.

I've heard he's lined up for both Millwall and Solihull but could be gossip.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Kevin Phillips on 00:58 - Apr 25 with 2786 viewsSandyman

Down vote accidental. Sorry.
Kevin Phillips on 10:28 - Apr 25 with 2531 viewsKnavesmireBob

Echoing others comments - he's exactly the type of manager I'd love to see at Spotland next season. Young, on the way up, recent experience of producing winning football, and would hopefully see RAFC as the natural next step. Maybe already looking at bigger opportunities in the EFL but if we've been talent mapping the market the last few weeks I'd hope he's the kind of profile we're at least engaging in conversations with.
Kevin Phillips on 15:23 - Apr 26 with 2025 viewsJames1980

But does he 'know the club'?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Kevin Phillips on 15:53 - Apr 26 with 1958 viewsTomRAFC

Kevin Phillips on 10:28 - Apr 25 by KnavesmireBob

Echoing others comments - he's exactly the type of manager I'd love to see at Spotland next season. Young, on the way up, recent experience of producing winning football, and would hopefully see RAFC as the natural next step. Maybe already looking at bigger opportunities in the EFL but if we've been talent mapping the market the last few weeks I'd hope he's the kind of profile we're at least engaging in conversations with.

Phillips' has mainly played passing out from the back since he came to Shields, not something that's been popular at Dale. Whilst any manager does well to win the league, he had a full time team of top players from leagues above, something no other club had in that league. The fanbase aren't as devastated by him going as might be expected.

Shields are now reaching the level where they might not have the best budget or set up in their league. I've had a great time watching them and I dread the day they play Dale!

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024