Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 19:02 - Jul 18 with 36561 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/fansforum_august2023/

3rd August 7pm for 7:30pm

This seems to have slipped under the message board radar

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Fans Forum on 15:50 - Jul 20 with 5749 views49thseason

Fans Forum on 13:53 - Jul 20 by D_Alien

Missing the point entirely

This was about how a prospective investor was publicly treated - think about that a bit more. Would any prospective investor who might've been considering getting involved around that time have thought better of it if they'd read what was being put out there?

NDAs, anyone?

FWIW, i've certainly moved on from Dunphy - although not indefinitely, but his business with this current board is done

" think about that a bit more." I don't need to, Dunphy made his approach minutes after the relegation out of the EFL. He did it publicly and without actually talking to the current board. What had been said by the Board about Dunphy up to that point? Had he ever had a conversation with them? Dunphy started it and couldn't finish it. Let me ask again, does he own any shares or even a SC ? Has he still been going to games? To be honest he sounds more like an opportunistic fantasist than a serious investor and was treated accordingly... IE .told what was needed to take over the club, Days later Dunphy withdrew. He didn't do his homework about the number of shares he needed to buy.
We are living in different times with vastly different pressures, I have no doubt this BOD will evolve and change because that is what businesses have to do to survive these days.
Meanwhile, like you, I think everyone needs to move on and stop looking over their shoulders.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/april/statement250423/
Fans Forum on 15:54 - Jul 20 with 5736 viewsChaffRAFC

Fans Forum on 15:50 - Jul 20 by 49thseason

" think about that a bit more." I don't need to, Dunphy made his approach minutes after the relegation out of the EFL. He did it publicly and without actually talking to the current board. What had been said by the Board about Dunphy up to that point? Had he ever had a conversation with them? Dunphy started it and couldn't finish it. Let me ask again, does he own any shares or even a SC ? Has he still been going to games? To be honest he sounds more like an opportunistic fantasist than a serious investor and was treated accordingly... IE .told what was needed to take over the club, Days later Dunphy withdrew. He didn't do his homework about the number of shares he needed to buy.
We are living in different times with vastly different pressures, I have no doubt this BOD will evolve and change because that is what businesses have to do to survive these days.
Meanwhile, like you, I think everyone needs to move on and stop looking over their shoulders.

Good post!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Fans Forum on 16:42 - Jul 20 with 5602 viewsD_Alien

Fans Forum on 15:50 - Jul 20 by 49thseason

Whilst we all know what appeared to happen, none of us know the full facts. It is, however, completely irrelevant whether CD has a SC. The chances are, any new major investors won't either

I'm sure we'd all like to be looking forwards rather than backwards but the vacuum of leadership is preventing it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fans Forum on 19:40 - Jul 20 with 5432 viewsSuddenLad

Fans Forum on 07:49 - Jul 20 by 442Dale

Where is there “a suggestion that there might be a potential investor kicking the tyres at the moment”?

... or that there ever has been? All manner of stories circulate at times like this, many of them negative, because of the vacuum that silence causes. Is it true, for example that an 'interested party' walked away because they didn't have any confidence in the people in charge of running the club? Who knows.

Of course there are good and legally valid reasons why the silence continues, but there is no harm in either confirming or denying whether there is, or even has been, serious interest in investing in the club.

As fans and shareholders we all invest far more than our money into this club and most of us have done so for many more years than the officials running the show.

We need to ask the probing questions, even if it only dispels the negativity. If no-one speaks, we will never know.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Fans Forum on 20:03 - Jul 20 with 5377 viewsblackdogblue

Fans Forum on 19:40 - Jul 20 by SuddenLad

... or that there ever has been? All manner of stories circulate at times like this, many of them negative, because of the vacuum that silence causes. Is it true, for example that an 'interested party' walked away because they didn't have any confidence in the people in charge of running the club? Who knows.

Of course there are good and legally valid reasons why the silence continues, but there is no harm in either confirming or denying whether there is, or even has been, serious interest in investing in the club.

As fans and shareholders we all invest far more than our money into this club and most of us have done so for many more years than the officials running the show.

We need to ask the probing questions, even if it only dispels the negativity. If no-one speaks, we will never know.

Ok… read the next post on the Dale Trust update…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Fans Forum on 14:39 - Jul 28 with 4962 views100notout

bump

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Fans Forum on 09:49 - Aug 2 with 4639 viewsdale18

Any confirmation of the forum being streamed?
Fans Forum on 13:27 - Aug 2 with 4321 views442Dale

Fans Forum on 09:49 - Aug 2 by dale18

Any confirmation of the forum being streamed?

As per the article on this site and also on the Trust site when the forum was rearranged:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/07/fans-forum-switched/

<<“ We are currently talking to the Club about the possibility of streaming the event, broadcasting it after the event or an alternative method for people to get involved. We will update supporters once we have the opportunity to do so.”>>

This was also raised again via the Trust last week. However, unless I’ve missed it, there has been no confirmation from the club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum on 17:16 - Aug 2 with 4041 viewsJames1980

2000+ Season tickets sold be interesting to know the breakdown

Fans Forum on 17:47 - Aug 2 with 3947 viewsA_Newby

Fans Forum on 17:16 - Aug 2 by James1980

2000+ Season tickets sold be interesting to know the breakdown

It would be James but I do not think we will be told.

Last year I tried to find out this information for the seasons since 2014 to 2020 but have had no replies from the club.
Fans Forum on 18:12 - Aug 2 with 3889 viewsJames1980

Fans Forum on 17:47 - Aug 2 by A_Newby

It would be James but I do not think we will be told.

Last year I tried to find out this information for the seasons since 2014 to 2020 but have had no replies from the club.

So under 3 different chairmen that information hasn't been provided.

Fans Forum on 09:23 - Aug 3 with 3461 viewsA_Newby

Fans Forum on 18:12 - Aug 2 by James1980

So under 3 different chairmen that information hasn't been provided.

I only asked for the information from the current board / management, but it has never been released by previous boards either.
Fans Forum on 09:31 - Aug 3 with 3432 viewsTomRAFC

Forum will be streamed...

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Fans Forum on 10:53 - Aug 3 with 3294 viewsJames1980

Fans Forum on 09:23 - Aug 3 by A_Newby

I only asked for the information from the current board / management, but it has never been released by previous boards either.

Perhaps it is information that most clubs don't provide, not that it makes it right though.
Good news about the forum being streamed.

Fans Forum on 13:26 - Aug 3 with 3086 viewsNewbury_Dale

Fans Forum on 09:23 - Aug 3 by A_Newby

What do you want the information for ?
Fans Forum on 16:35 - Aug 3 with 2848 views100notout

Its probably already been thought of by the organisers but it would be a good idea to split this into 2 sections tonight - first re football (remember that?) to hear from BJ and his thoughts for the season and a Q&A for him. Then secondly to hear from SG & RK.

Sadly, I know which one will take longer!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Fans Forum on 17:18 - Aug 3 with 2752 viewsDale2017

Fans Forum on 16:35 - Aug 3 by 100notout

Its probably already been thought of by the organisers but it would be a good idea to split this into 2 sections tonight - first re football (remember that?) to hear from BJ and his thoughts for the season and a Q&A for him. Then secondly to hear from SG & RK.

Sadly, I know which one will take longer!

That's how the last forum with Jim Bentley was done.

He was sat at the bar for the 2nd half of the forum where the board did their bit
Fans Forum on 17:26 - Aug 3 with 2711 views442Dale

We can’t have the same situation with the mic where it passes from one side of the room and tables get a chance to ask a question with no follow ups coming from elsewhere.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans Forum on 18:08 - Aug 3 with 2593 viewsA_Newby

I can’t make the fans’ forum, but I have a question if anybody gets chance to ask.

The club have kept the academy open for at least this season.

How is this being funded, have we received one last premier league grant, is it from another source or is it from “general income”?
Fans Forum on 18:15 - Aug 3 with 2571 viewskel

Can’t make it either but will be tuning into the stream and playing forum bingo.

I’ve already half marked “we don’t read the forum” off my card.
Fans Forum on 18:20 - Aug 3 with 2558 viewsjudd

Fans Forum on 18:08 - Aug 3 by A_Newby

I can’t make the fans’ forum, but I have a question if anybody gets chance to ask.

The club have kept the academy open for at least this season.

How is this being funded, have we received one last premier league grant, is it from another source or is it from “general income”?

Send it to info@daletrust.co.uk

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fans Forum on 18:33 - Aug 3 with 2512 viewsnordenblue

Fans Forum on 18:15 - Aug 3 by kel

Can’t make it either but will be tuning into the stream and playing forum bingo.

I’ve already half marked “we don’t read the forum” off my card.

Has anyone kindly got a link to the live stream? Cheers
Fans Forum on 18:45 - Aug 3 with 2465 viewsjudd

Fans Forum on 18:33 - Aug 3 by nordenblue

Has anyone kindly got a link to the live stream? Cheers

https://youtube.com/@officiallydale

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fans Forum on 20:12 - Aug 3 with 2112 viewsblackdogblue

Fans Forum on 18:45 - Aug 3 by judd

https://youtube.com/@officiallydale

I have the ultimate respect for Big Jim watching this 👍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Fans Forum on 20:17 - Aug 3 with 2071 viewskel

Fans Forum on 20:12 - Aug 3 by blackdogblue

I have the ultimate respect for Big Jim watching this 👍

Was going to post the same. He’s coming across brilliantly and his honesty is so refreshing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024