Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer embargo 19:17 - Jul 26 with 6783 viewsterryb

There are so many threads about Reading FC, that I wasn't sure whether to piggy back on to one or start anew!

it is being reported that Reading have just been handed a new transfer embargo for non payment to HMRC. How long till the next points deduction?

I'm sure the owners had no problem in passing the EFL fit & proper test!

Transfer embargo on 11:04 - Jul 28 with 1556 viewsdaveB

Transfer embargo on 09:14 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Well as I said in the Morgan Fox piece, ideally Fox would be a right sided centre back. He'll be playing centre back. Larkeche will either be covering Paal, or they'll push Paal into midfield and he'll start.

We definitely needed at least one centre back. You'd lost Dickie and Balogun, JCS is injured again, when Dunne went down at Wimbledon we were staring down the barrel of starting at Watford with Woodman and Gubbins at centre back.

Fox is basically a left back masquerading as a centre back, and like you say having signed Larkeche signing another left sided defender isn't ideal. But he's experienced, his availability is good, there's no transfer fee and the wages are within our miniscule budget, so they've done it.

Fox also allows us to play a back 3

Do think we need another centre half and desperate for forwards, I know it’s a financial thing but going into another season with dykes as the only senior striker is criminal
Transfer embargo on 11:05 - Jul 28 with 1554 viewsNorthernr

Transfer embargo on 11:04 - Jul 28 by daveB

Fox also allows us to play a back 3

Do think we need another centre half and desperate for forwards, I know it’s a financial thing but going into another season with dykes as the only senior striker is criminal

I suspect they'll try and cover that with a loan late in the window.
Transfer embargo on 11:18 - Jul 28 with 1473 viewsderbyhoop

Transfer embargo on 22:21 - Jul 27 by Northernr

Having been with Gareth last week for our interview when he was talking about "two or three in" for the opening day, and then been there again today for a forum with the fan sites when he's talking about one, leftfield, 32-33 year old, I suspect what has happened is they thought they were going to get a sale done, and haven't. And as I've said all summer, we need significant outward sales, for significant money, before we can pay anything for anybody. Wycombe want 400k for Forino, we can't do it. They'd like another CB, a CM, a RB and they'll do a forward on loan at the end of the window from what's left of the Premier League pickings to cover Dykes. That's best case scenario. But we desperately need a big money sale.

Were we expecting to sell somebody for big money? If so, the only one left is, surely, Chair.
I agree that they should be looking at a CB, RB and a defensive midfielder.

I'm reasonably content, given the limited budget, with the first choice players. However the backups have no experience and it's debatable whether they are good enough.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer embargo on 11:20 - Jul 28 with 1478 viewsNorthernr

Transfer embargo on 11:18 - Jul 28 by derbyhoop

Were we expecting to sell somebody for big money? If so, the only one left is, surely, Chair.
I agree that they should be looking at a CB, RB and a defensive midfielder.

I'm reasonably content, given the limited budget, with the first choice players. However the backups have no experience and it's debatable whether they are good enough.

Well I came away a week ago thinking he was leaning more towards chair going and willock staying, and like I say seemed to believe we'd get 2-3 players in before watford. Then yesterday with the other fan sites he was talking up both willock (best shape he's ever been in) and Chair (has called Gaz aside and told him he's committed to the cause) and playing down the hope of any new arrivals bar a 32-33 year old from leftfield.
Transfer embargo on 11:33 - Jul 28 with 1434 viewsdmm

Transfer embargo on 11:20 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Well I came away a week ago thinking he was leaning more towards chair going and willock staying, and like I say seemed to believe we'd get 2-3 players in before watford. Then yesterday with the other fan sites he was talking up both willock (best shape he's ever been in) and Chair (has called Gaz aside and told him he's committed to the cause) and playing down the hope of any new arrivals bar a 32-33 year old from leftfield.

If we kept Illy and Willy for the season they could be the difference to us avoiding the drop, but of course we'd then see Willy leave for nothing.

Chair's contract runs to 2025, with an additional year should the club renew it, so that's fine for us but is it fine for him?
Transfer embargo on 12:11 - Jul 28 with 1366 viewsSimonD

Transfer embargo on 11:20 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Ainsworth did also say that he knew that another player would have to be sold either in this window or in January. I presumed that was to prevent breaching FFP not with a view of being able to buy any replacements.
Transfer embargo on 12:35 - Jul 28 with 1337 viewsNorthernr

Transfer embargo on 12:11 - Jul 28 by SimonD

Ainsworth did also say that he knew that another player would have to be sold either in this window or in January. I presumed that was to prevent breaching FFP not with a view of being able to buy any replacements.

Yeh he's been consistent both with me last week and with the group yesterday that there will have to be "an out", either now or in Jan.
Transfer embargo on 13:19 - Jul 28 with 1247 viewsHunterhoop

Transfer embargo on 12:35 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Yeh he's been consistent both with me last week and with the group yesterday that there will have to be "an out", either now or in Jan.

Which means it has to be Chair or Dykes, doesn’t it? They are the only two sellable assets with contracts going on long enough, aren’t they. Same Field another, but doubt a holding midfielder will garner as much interest and money.

Armstrong having a break our first half of the season with 10 goals would make him highly valuable, you’d think.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer embargo on 13:40 - Jul 28 with 1195 viewsR_from_afar

Transfer embargo on 11:33 - Jul 28 by dmm

If we kept Illy and Willy for the season they could be the difference to us avoiding the drop, but of course we'd then see Willy leave for nothing.

Chair's contract runs to 2025, with an additional year should the club renew it, so that's fine for us but is it fine for him?

The thing with Willock, though, is that he hasn't played well since around October. My big concern is that he fails to recover his form. Man, I hope we see the Willock of old very soon!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Transfer embargo on 15:54 - Jul 28 with 1107 viewsLazyFan

They will be hocking Willock around; they have to.
But no one will want to pay probably the £2m we want (as that's what we got for Dieng in his last year).

If you're an ex-Prem club, paying that for Willock is a steal. They can play him off the bench, so he is unlikely to get injured and could regain his old form quickly.

But that's what we know. I suspect most clubs want to wait and see and get him for £750K in the Jan window. And that's if his form returns.

Chair, they know, costs big bucks, so, unless you really really need him. No one will come in for him. That leaves Field who is now proven but you don't get great monies for a DMC. Possibly could get £1m like we did with Lungo in the old days.

We need to sell Chair or Dykes for big monies really. I am not confident we can after last season. Playing in the French league may help Chair's Morrco ambitions, but I doubt they will want to pay the monies. Maybe if the pound loses value against the Euro in the next few weeks. Dykes, I cannot see who would want him. He does not score enough league goals, despite his hold-up play.

It will be Willock or Chair next out me thinks, but who knows when.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer embargo on 16:46 - Jul 28 with 1038 viewsOldPedro

Transfer embargo on 15:54 - Jul 28 by LazyFan

They will be hocking Willock around; they have to.
But no one will want to pay probably the £2m we want (as that's what we got for Dieng in his last year).

If you're an ex-Prem club, paying that for Willock is a steal. They can play him off the bench, so he is unlikely to get injured and could regain his old form quickly.

But that's what we know. I suspect most clubs want to wait and see and get him for £750K in the Jan window. And that's if his form returns.

Chair, they know, costs big bucks, so, unless you really really need him. No one will come in for him. That leaves Field who is now proven but you don't get great monies for a DMC. Possibly could get £1m like we did with Lungo in the old days.

We need to sell Chair or Dykes for big monies really. I am not confident we can after last season. Playing in the French league may help Chair's Morrco ambitions, but I doubt they will want to pay the monies. Maybe if the pound loses value against the Euro in the next few weeks. Dykes, I cannot see who would want him. He does not score enough league goals, despite his hold-up play.

It will be Willock or Chair next out me thinks, but who knows when.

If either Chair or Willock go, I would have thought it would be to somewhere Leicester or Southampton. Both are selling players and will have money to spend.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Transfer embargo on 12:47 - Aug 2 with 796 viewstoboboly

Just to bring this back to Reading. They, like us, are looking for investment, interesting how for them that is worrying yet no-one seems that worried for us.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/02/club-statement-update-on-investm

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Transfer embargo on 12:49 - Aug 2 with 781 viewsaston_hoop

Bad news for Lewis Wing is that it seems Reading can't currently register him!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer embargo on 12:50 - Aug 2 with 775 viewsconnell10

Transfer embargo on 11:33 - Jul 28 by dmm

I think Willy is a part of the problem.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024