Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heat Strategy for Wales - Will it cost you £30,000? 09:35 - Sep 5 with 3544 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

https://www.gov.wales/heat-strategy-wales

This may sound like another policy discussion. but there are some significant costs to homeowners.

For example the ban on replacing any oil boiler from 2026, would mean for me in a property with some solid stone walls a bill of up to £30,000! Using the Government's own calculator:

Air Source Heat Pump £8,000 to £10,500
Thermal Storage £775 to £3,000
Radiator Change £1.875 to £3,375
Wall Insulation £9,000
Plumbing £3,000 to £5,000
Total £22,650 to £30,875

In addition the lead time for the conversion and insulation work would mean having no heating or hot water for over a year if my boiler broke down and needed replacing in 2026.

Eery householder needs to understand the consequences of what is proposed.

[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 9:36]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Heat Strategy for Wales - Will it cost you £30,000? on 19:39 - Sep 20 with 501 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Heat Strategy for Wales - Will it cost you £30,000? on 19:14 - Sep 20 by Luther27

It sounds as though some advisor has hit him with a dose of reality when it comes to potential individual household cost. However just because deadlines have been extended regarding him heating systems etc, there’s nothing stopping anyone buying electric cars or converting to heat pumps. It’s not as though the choice has been taken away from us.

Regarding petrol/diesel vehicles we’ve just aligned the target date to that of the EU so I can’t understand why the car industry….notably Fords, who have a neck….is so up in arms. As I said above, the choice of purchase hasn’t been taken away from us.

I agree, we are free to choose, I think that fair and don't want to live in a dictatorship.
One commentator said Ford were upset as they were looking to the UK Goverment to subsidise their costs of development in Europe. i don't know if this is true.

Heat Strategy for Wales - Will it cost you £30,000? on 19:57 - Sep 20 with 493 viewsLuther27

Heat Strategy for Wales - Will it cost you £30,000? on 19:39 - Sep 20 by JACKMANANDBOY

I agree, we are free to choose, I think that fair and don't want to live in a dictatorship.
One commentator said Ford were upset as they were looking to the UK Goverment to subsidise their costs of development in Europe. i don't know if this is true.

If true what a neck after shutting down the Bridgend plant. Plus I think they’ve also shut an engine plant down in the USA. I wouldn’t give them a penny.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Heat Strategy for Wales - Will it cost you £30,000? on 08:11 - Sep 21 with 431 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Heat Strategy for Wales - Will it cost you £30,000? on 19:39 - Sep 20 by JACKMANANDBOY

Ford abandoned making any cars in the UK many years ago and also shut down most of their plants making engines and other components as well. They also shafted all their former employees who worked in the Jersey Marine by transferring their pension liabilities into another company that went bust.

Think we should just ignore them.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Heat Strategy for Wales - Will it cost you £30,000? on 08:43 - Sep 21 with 416 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Heat Strategy for Wales - Will it cost you £30,000? on 08:11 - Sep 21 by felixstowe_jack

Ford abandoned making any cars in the UK many years ago and also shut down most of their plants making engines and other components as well. They also shafted all their former employees who worked in the Jersey Marine by transferring their pension liabilities into another company that went bust.

Think we should just ignore them.

I see Jaguar say moving to 2035 and aligning with the EU is the correct way forward.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024