Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL 2023 02:10 - Oct 2 with 3118 viewspioneer

About time we started discussion of the new NFL season. This is in no way prompted by the Bills ending the Dolphins search for another unbeaten season big time DL, promise.

Its my squeaky record moment…this could be the Bills season, ha ha.

NFL 2023 on 09:12 - Oct 2 with 3048 viewsonedalefan

Went to Wembley yesterday. Good win for the Jags, totally dominant for the first half, Falcons came back a bit in the second (bit like Dale). Usual great atmosphere with fans of all teams taking sides.
NFL 2023 on 11:04 - Oct 2 with 2987 viewsKnavesmireBob

What's the NFL? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I was so confident going into this new season I treated myself to a vintage Ickey Woods jersey off Etsy so I could celebrate with a shuffle every Sunday night. Oh well, it would be greedy to have both Dale and Bengals simultaneously playing well I suppose.

Other than us it looks largely the same teams as last year hitting the ground running. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out as the cold nights draw in!
NFL 2023 on 16:46 - Oct 2 with 2909 viewsNigeriamark

NFL 2023 on 11:04 - Oct 2 by KnavesmireBob

What's the NFL? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I was so confident going into this new season I treated myself to a vintage Ickey Woods jersey off Etsy so I could celebrate with a shuffle every Sunday night. Oh well, it would be greedy to have both Dale and Bengals simultaneously playing well I suppose.

Other than us it looks largely the same teams as last year hitting the ground running. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out as the cold nights draw in!

If the 49’s can stay injury free then they will be difficult to beat. Brock Purdue just needs to be efficient & their stars can put the points on the board. If not the defence can flatten anyone on their day.

Following the Eagles since last year and they look a good bet for at least the championship game again. Some odd scores this season already none more so than Miami putting up 70 points a week ago and then having almost 50 put on them this week against a very good Bills team.

Championship predictions, key injuries permitting:
AFC: Chiefs v Bills
NFC: Eagles v 49’s
Miami as my Dark horse
NFL 2023 on 19:34 - Oct 3 with 2827 viewswatford_dale

NFL 2023 on 16:46 - Oct 2 by Nigeriamark

If the 49’s can stay injury free then they will be difficult to beat. Brock Purdue just needs to be efficient & their stars can put the points on the board. If not the defence can flatten anyone on their day.

Following the Eagles since last year and they look a good bet for at least the championship game again. Some odd scores this season already none more so than Miami putting up 70 points a week ago and then having almost 50 put on them this week against a very good Bills team.

Championship predictions, key injuries permitting:
AFC: Chiefs v Bills
NFC: Eagles v 49’s
Miami as my Dark horse

Going for 49ers v Cowboys and KC Swifts v Bills and Cowboys to win it all. Extremely dark horses Lions.

National title - Ohio State V Alabama and Ohio to win.

Vikings should try and trade Cousins to Jets for last season of his contract to aid with rebuild of the team next year.
NFL 2023 on 12:18 - Dec 4 with 2407 viewsDaleiLama

Did you get that squeaky record fixed yet Pioneer?

Going back to the UK game, if you went, you must've been about as sick of hearing Duuuuuuuuuvaaaaal as I was after the Jags beat the Fins @ Spurs stadium. I would have happily rammed a wheely bin down the throat of the next fan I heard come out with that inane chant.

The season hasn't been kind to you since, and from being div. faves, the play-offs look in some jeopardy now? Still a lot of football to play though. Wonder how much will rest on the outcome of the rematch at Hard Rock for both teams? I have to say that whilst Allen has some exceptional talents - throwing passes on frozen ropes and running like Jonah Lomu at times, I just don't see him taking the Bills to the promised land. He throws too many bone-headed INTs and will inevitably eventually get injured keep putting himself in harms way. I don't think that Bills franchise is set up to succeed at present. That being said, I don't think anyone would wish to play them as they can beat anyone in the league when the stars align.

What a season for injuries. AFC North only have Lamar standing as their starting QB! It's a real shame what the NFL have done to the game. Making it so QB-centric means that if your "star"ter goes down, so does your season.

For the NFC, the Niners have played the 2 best teams in the NFC - the Eagles and the Cowboys, and have won by a combined score of 84-29. Assuming no more injuries to Purdy, it seems a massive reach to predict any other team to lift the Lombardi at this stage of the season.

For the AFC, the fins sit at #1 seed, but a Jags win on MNF puts them in #1 after GB came out on top @ Lambeau last night. This has created a bit of a logjam in the fight for HFA in the play-offs. I'm certainly not counting any aquatic chickens yet - we have three games to finish the season in Dallas (H), Ravens (A) and Bills (H), which will give us chance to dispel the narrative that we can only beat bad-medium teams. If we can do that, we may be in shape to make a decent play-off run. Ironically, I started following the Fins in Marino's first year when he made the SB and lost to the niners. Sadly, even if by some miracle the Fins did make it to the big bash, I suspect the same fate would await. Karma is a bitch!

Edit: Good luck tonight KB - big ask but hope you take the Jags down.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 12:20]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFL 2023 on 12:44 - Dec 4 with 2336 viewspioneer

Yes an incredibly frustrating season at Orchard Park. Although they can win ‘any given sunday’ whoever they play, they havent been able to put it together consistently. With a tough remaining schedule and relying on other teams to lose I cannot see us making the play offs.

But it would be nice if that final game at the Fins meant something. The home field advantage of the team bench being in the shade wont count for much in January!

But still ….having watched them since the mid 80s. life wouldnt be the same either for me or the good people of Buffalo if they ever did win it all.

Being a life long Dale fan sets on up nicely for supporting the Bills.

In the absence of the Bills making the show Id love to see the Lions do well…another ‘blue collar’ team with unfulfilled dreams

“If you can dream, and not make dreams your master….”
NFL 2023 on 20:01 - Dec 4 with 2181 viewsjonahwhereru

If anybody wants the chance to play in the NFL I believe the Browns are holding an open session for potential starter QB’s if you fancy it. Four different starters in 12 games is just ridiculous. Baltimore are starting to dominate the toughest division. They will go along way this year.
NFL 2023 on 12:14 - Dec 5 with 2115 viewsKnavesmireBob

Just watched last night's game. No idea how but we did what you asked of us DL!

Another season making a fool out of anyone that likes to predict. Maybe it's karma that Baltimore and Miami are at the head of a QB sidelined AFC given Lamar and Tua had their own injury issues last year?

Anyway, it's a good occasional distraction from all the madness at Spotland I suppose. Let's see what the rest of the season brings.
Login to get fewer ads

NFL 2023 on 15:08 - Dec 5 with 2075 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2023 on 12:14 - Dec 5 by KnavesmireBob

Just watched last night's game. No idea how but we did what you asked of us DL!

Another season making a fool out of anyone that likes to predict. Maybe it's karma that Baltimore and Miami are at the head of a QB sidelined AFC given Lamar and Tua had their own injury issues last year?

Anyway, it's a good occasional distraction from all the madness at Spotland I suppose. Let's see what the rest of the season brings.

I can't believe how many stars are aligning for us this year KB. It's the classic "build em up to knock em down scenario" for me. Been here for so many false dawns. Expecting another. Woke up just as Q3 started and checked my phone so went down and put tv on just in time for the Chase 76yd TD. OT finally finished at 4:50am. It was worth it and as you say, a bit of light in the current darkness, although our on field performances recently (Bromley excluded) have been very welcome.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFL 2023 on 14:47 - Dec 6 with 1990 viewsJumeirahDale

Count another "glad to see Jags lose" fan here. Started following Houston in 2012/13 with some family connections in the area, and aside from a few playoff flirtations it has been a fairly perpetual horror-show of back-office mismanagement ($72m for Brock Osweiler..."inmates running the asylum"...letting Duane Brown walk...trading Hopkins for 3 shillings and half a Twix).

Fortunately finding out Deshaun Watson was/is a sexpest turned out to be a nadir from which things have progressively improved, and the arrival of CJ Stroud has had me pinching myself at times. He seems to see the game at half-speed, and I truly don't think we've seen a young player this talented at QB in the league for a long long time. Tank Dell snapping his leg was awful bringing to end such a fruitful partnership, and given events of the last few years (and a lifetime as a Dale fan) has me expected every play to end up with him writhing on the field and being carried off on a stretcher, but for now, the future is looking very bright.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024