Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
scrap goal music? 11:44 - Nov 9 with 7359 viewsQPRConor2000

slightly random post here, but I think its time we stopped playing Pigbag as the goal music and instead not play anything when we score.

I just feel like its too Americanised, and it would rather hear the crowd sing Pigbag when a goal goes in, I just feel it would be better for the atmosphere.

[Post edited 9 Nov 2023 11:46]
scrap goal music? on 01:02 - Nov 10 with 1229 viewsLazyFan

Didn't they used to play this before the game in the 80s?
I am sure I recall they did.

zzzzzzzzzz

scrap goal music? on 02:59 - Nov 10 with 1208 viewsLoftgirl

scrap goal music? on 16:47 - Nov 9 by HAYESBOY

Just a suggestion........

[Post edited 9 Nov 2023 17:15]

scrap goal music? on 08:14 - Nov 10 with 1143 viewsdaveB

I'm so used to it now it feels weird when they don't play the music at Loftus Road, it's like confirmation that the goal has been given.

It makes away goals even better as there is no music so it's different and adds to the us against the world feeling when the rest of the stadium is silent

Like Antti I quite enjoyed the music playing for a last minute consolation as well, was very Monty Pyhton
scrap goal music? on 08:18 - Nov 10 with 1134 viewsgingerranger

It’s a funny old world sometimes. I have been thinking of starting this conversation for probably a couple of years now but never got around to it.

Finally a couple of days ago, I emailed Lee Hoos to suggest exactly the OP’s suggestion, that we don’t have any goal music. And now I come on here and see the conversation has been started the very same day.

Anyway, I think it is naff and pretty embarrassing. Not pig bag itself, but any goal music. There is no opportunity for us to celebrate a goal naturally, spontaneously. I have barely reached the S’s of my ‘YESSSSSSS’ and the goal music is being blasted at us. I am sure we will start singing it when we are ready, but let us have that ten seconds of pure joy and emotion first.

Imagine if Furlong’s winner against Oldham had been immediately greeted with goal music, trying to drown out that roar.

Lee Hoos was quick and thoughtful in his reply to my email. He suggested I come on to the forums to see what people think.

Wait a minute, I have just realised the obvious…. OP is Lee Hoos 😆
scrap goal music? on 08:59 - Nov 10 with 1118 viewsw7r

Didn't rate the tune when it came out in the 80’s, and time hasn’t improved it.

Have to agree with the OP.

Personally, I’d much rather something from Mrs Mills’ back catalogue.
scrap goal music? on 09:00 - Nov 10 with 1116 viewsflynnbo

scrap goal music? on 08:14 - Nov 10 by daveB

I'm so used to it now it feels weird when they don't play the music at Loftus Road, it's like confirmation that the goal has been given.

It makes away goals even better as there is no music so it's different and adds to the us against the world feeling when the rest of the stadium is silent

Like Antti I quite enjoyed the music playing for a last minute consolation as well, was very Monty Pyhton

Can you imagine it with the VAR delays?
scrap goal music? on 09:14 - Nov 10 with 1096 viewsdaveB

scrap goal music? on 08:18 - Nov 10 by gingerranger

It’s a funny old world sometimes. I have been thinking of starting this conversation for probably a couple of years now but never got around to it.

Finally a couple of days ago, I emailed Lee Hoos to suggest exactly the OP’s suggestion, that we don’t have any goal music. And now I come on here and see the conversation has been started the very same day.

Anyway, I think it is naff and pretty embarrassing. Not pig bag itself, but any goal music. There is no opportunity for us to celebrate a goal naturally, spontaneously. I have barely reached the S’s of my ‘YESSSSSSS’ and the goal music is being blasted at us. I am sure we will start singing it when we are ready, but let us have that ten seconds of pure joy and emotion first.

Imagine if Furlong’s winner against Oldham had been immediately greeted with goal music, trying to drown out that roar.

Lee Hoos was quick and thoughtful in his reply to my email. He suggested I come on to the forums to see what people think.

I think they did play pigbag after the Furlong goal but might be wrong
scrap goal music? on 09:17 - Nov 10 with 1094 viewsLadbrokeR

scrap goal music? on 09:00 - Nov 10 by flynnbo

Can you imagine it with the VAR delays?

I’m not that fussed. Fortunately we don’t have Mexican waves and people wearing big sponge gloves. I was a bit miffed when I realised that other teams use pig bag. I felt the same about London calling and hi ho silver lining. In fact at the moment it would be nice hear pig bag more often. One last thing it’s hardly a club anthem. I’m sure it was played at the millennium stadium at the play off final v Cardiff. We can do better than this.
Login to get fewer ads

scrap goal music? on 09:24 - Nov 10 with 1087 viewsQPunkR

scrap goal music? on 09:14 - Nov 10 by daveB

I think they did play pigbag after the Furlong goal but might be wrong

Wouldn't have heard it that night if they'd dialled it all the way up to 11. What a night, memories come flooding back. I'm off for a lie-down.

QPR - "shit but local"

scrap goal music? on 09:33 - Nov 10 with 1080 viewsW7Ranger

scrap goal music? on 17:40 - Nov 9 by izlingtonhoop

To combine this and the revamp thread, and considering the arguments about digging down....

....May I suggest...

Yep...

Going Underground!?

Or...

scrap goal music? on 09:40 - Nov 10 with 1071 viewssdm19994

Agreed, get rid. Cringe every time when we're still losing and they belt it out
scrap goal music? on 09:45 - Nov 10 with 1068 viewsBklynRanger

scrap goal music? on 08:18 - Nov 10 by gingerranger

Maybe they should do a poll on the offish? Plenty of changes happening and this could be another, smaller one to consider.

I'm in two minds on it - it's a bit of a laugh and gets everyone singing, but can seem a bit daft at times. Opens us up to having the piss ripped out by away fans when it's played before a late offside decision - I was in A block for the cup loss to Sunderland and they went fcuking mad with hilarity when that happened. The thing is we've found plenty of other ways to embarrass ourselves in recent times.

I actually find clapping in time to the players coming out more annoying and don't really do that.
scrap goal music? on 09:58 - Nov 10 with 1051 viewsdmm

The club should ditch Pigbag and issue supporters with the old football rattle

scrap goal music? on 11:22 - Nov 10 with 998 viewsQPRConor2000

scrap goal music? on 09:45 - Nov 10 by BklynRanger

Maybe they should do a poll on the offish? Plenty of changes happening and this could be another, smaller one to consider.

I'm in two minds on it - it's a bit of a laugh and gets everyone singing, but can seem a bit daft at times. Opens us up to having the piss ripped out by away fans when it's played before a late offside decision - I was in A block for the cup loss to Sunderland and they went fcuking mad with hilarity when that happened. The thing is we've found plenty of other ways to embarrass ourselves in recent times.

I actually find clapping in time to the players coming out more annoying and don't really do that.

I personally do think the club should do some kind of poll at some point, Im personally am of the view that it should be scrapped, much better if we chanted pigbag rather than it being blasted through the PA System.
scrap goal music? on 12:12 - Nov 10 with 963 viewsslmrstid

We've been playing Pigbag as goal music since around 1998/99-ish at the very least so it definitely would have played for Furlong.
scrap goal music? on 13:30 - Nov 10 with 931 viewsDavieQPR

Yep let's get rid of anything that is unique about about the club. Fans sing it at away games without the music so the majority must like it.
scrap goal music? on 14:39 - Nov 10 with 900 viewsOakR

I'd like there to be no music, until maybe just before the game when players come out.

I ssem to remember when I started going, people would get in early, and singing would start early, and often better to start then than when the match did! Though I guess in those days you could drink by the pitch, and there were no sky TVs in the bars to keep people away until just before KO.

Poll: Will we stay up?

scrap goal music? on 14:46 - Nov 10 with 885 viewsMick_S

scrap goal music? on 09:58 - Nov 10 by dmm

The club should ditch Pigbag and issue supporters with the old football rattle

They hurt.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

scrap goal music? on 16:00 - Nov 10 with 834 viewsBklynRanger

scrap goal music? on 14:39 - Nov 10 by OakR

I'd like there to be no music, until maybe just before the game when players come out.

I ssem to remember when I started going, people would get in early, and singing would start early, and often better to start then than when the match did! Though I guess in those days you could drink by the pitch, and there were no sky TVs in the bars to keep people away until just before KO.

When did drinking by the pitch end then? Tbh I didn't know that it had been allowed at any point but I suppose it must have.
scrap goal music? on 16:13 - Nov 10 with 807 viewsdmm

scrap goal music? on 14:46 - Nov 10 by Mick_S

They hurt.

How exactly did you use yours, Mick?
scrap goal music? on 16:34 - Nov 10 with 783 viewscraneac27

"I just feel like its too Americanised, and it would rather hear the crowd sing Pigbag when a goal goes in, I just feel it would be better for the atmosphere."

Nothing screams Americanized more than something from America.

1) I have never heard Pigbag played in any American stadium
2) the song is by a British band
3) dont take the song for granted, but also dont play it down 3-0 and we score a goal in the 86' hahaha

Loftus Road W12, London

scrap goal music? on 16:40 - Nov 10 with 778 viewsnumptydumpty

I haven't heard it for so long and the same with Hi Ho Silver Lining so to hear both this Saturday and multiple times for Pigbag no one would be happier than me !!!

Its like a tradition now so I have no problems with it at all and have developed and choreographed a routine of celebratory dance that I had perfected but a little out of practice

[Post edited 10 Nov 2023 16:42]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

scrap goal music? on 16:41 - Nov 10 with 774 viewsnumptydumpty

Why not play a funeral march or dirge when the opposition score to dampen down their celebrations and p*ss them off !!!!

That could be a thing ...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

scrap goal music? on 16:51 - Nov 10 with 753 viewsBenny_the_Ball

What a miserable thread. I'd be happy to hear it 10 times a match if it means we're scoring goals.
scrap goal music? on 16:51 - Nov 10 with 754 viewsHAYESBOY

Smells like a trout farm in here

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024