Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver 16:05 - Nov 13 with 8605 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/november/friendforafiver_altrincham/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:42 - Nov 21 with 1810 viewsRAFCBLUE

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:39 - Nov 21 by 442Dale

Good job they’re selling more pints then and creating interest in the club going forward.

Capitalising on goodwill is important. We’ve missed enough opportunities in the recent past so let’s hope this is the start of some change.

Very true although not sure the young demographics we are trying to attract here can drink the pints but perhaps their accompanying adults might.

And with some marketing and impetus over the next four weeks it should be a massive success.

2,000+ season ticket holders
1,000 + cheap tickets being given away by the Trust to lapsed fans
£1 for everyone else.

What's not to like?

We know we had 6,722 vs Oldham which was supplemented by a full away end of Oldham fans but circa 3,700 home fans albeit there were some Oldham fans in the home end.

Should be a minimum 5,000+ crowd if managed well.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:06 - Nov 21 with 1750 viewsdawlishdale

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:32 - Nov 21 by blackdogblue

30 staff??

10 staff x 3 hours (minimum)…

Based on 30 hours not staff… please keep up if you want to have a pop 😎

Ahh...apologies for misreading it. Still think you are being negative for the sake of backing up your non attendance.

I'm still of the opinion that its a good effort by the much maligned board and also can't think of too many season ticket holders who will be annoyed by it.
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:14 - Nov 21 with 1738 views442Dale

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:42 - Nov 21 by RAFCBLUE

Very true although not sure the young demographics we are trying to attract here can drink the pints but perhaps their accompanying adults might.

And with some marketing and impetus over the next four weeks it should be a massive success.

2,000+ season ticket holders
1,000 + cheap tickets being given away by the Trust to lapsed fans
£1 for everyone else.

What's not to like?

We know we had 6,722 vs Oldham which was supplemented by a full away end of Oldham fans but circa 3,700 home fans albeit there were some Oldham fans in the home end.

Should be a minimum 5,000+ crowd if managed well.

Your last line is important.

Because that’s what we haven’t done previously.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:20 - Nov 21 with 1722 viewsRAFCBLUE

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:06 - Nov 21 by dawlishdale

Ahh...apologies for misreading it. Still think you are being negative for the sake of backing up your non attendance.

I'm still of the opinion that its a good effort by the much maligned board and also can't think of too many season ticket holders who will be annoyed by it.

It is a calculated gamble on getting more punters through the door on a regular basis.

As many have said, the many empty plastic seats generate the club nothing so they may as well be filled, but then there is the difficult balance of maintaining season ticket holders.

The harsh upcoming reality is that if we are not promoted back to the EFL in 2024 we lose something like £600,000 of parachute money for the 2024/25 season.

That revenue will need then need replacing somehow to stand still and not make any more profit or loss than we do now.

Assuming an £18 ticket of which the club keeps £15 with £3 in VAT to HMRC, to raise £600,000 it needs an extra 40,000 aggregate attendances over a season.

The economic of the town bite hard here and 49th's point is right that if you can retain 800 extra fans over a series of games then that is clearly only can be a good thing. History suggests people come out for one off games but even under Russ Green season tickets are not above 3,000 for a town of Rochdale's size.

That's still not £600,000 worth over a season.

King's Lynn website suggests we have the 6th best average attendance at this point in the season with an average attendance of 3,085; no idea if that is right or not.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:21 - Nov 21 with 1709 views442Dale

Christ. Meanwhile, Rochdale are winning.

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:23 - Nov 21 with 1694 viewsRAFCBLUE

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:21 - Nov 21 by 442Dale

Christ. Meanwhile, Rochdale are winning.

If only the National League feed would work for those who've paid for it then we might have seen it!

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:28 - Nov 21 with 1673 viewsdawlishdale

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:23 - Nov 21 by RAFCBLUE

If only the National League feed would work for those who've paid for it then we might have seen it!

Bet you were too busy on yer soapbox !!

I didn't see it either . Pesky NL stream. It's definitely worse at home games.

Anyhow... UptheDale
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:36 - Nov 21 with 1654 viewsRAFCBLUE

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:28 - Nov 21 by dawlishdale

Bet you were too busy on yer soapbox !!

I didn't see it either . Pesky NL stream. It's definitely worse at home games.

Anyhow... UptheDale

Busy asking for a refund...!

Login to get fewer ads

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 21:00 - Nov 21 with 1605 viewsTVOS1907

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:20 - Nov 21 by RAFCBLUE

It is a calculated gamble on getting more punters through the door on a regular basis.

As many have said, the many empty plastic seats generate the club nothing so they may as well be filled, but then there is the difficult balance of maintaining season ticket holders.

The harsh upcoming reality is that if we are not promoted back to the EFL in 2024 we lose something like £600,000 of parachute money for the 2024/25 season.

That revenue will need then need replacing somehow to stand still and not make any more profit or loss than we do now.

Assuming an £18 ticket of which the club keeps £15 with £3 in VAT to HMRC, to raise £600,000 it needs an extra 40,000 aggregate attendances over a season.

The economic of the town bite hard here and 49th's point is right that if you can retain 800 extra fans over a series of games then that is clearly only can be a good thing. History suggests people come out for one off games but even under Russ Green season tickets are not above 3,000 for a town of Rochdale's size.

That's still not £600,000 worth over a season.

King's Lynn website suggests we have the 6th best average attendance at this point in the season with an average attendance of 3,085; no idea if that is right or not.

Not sure why you need to refer to Kings Lynn's website when there's a perfectly good attendances chart available at every Dale home game.

Ah...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 21:04 - Nov 21 with 1581 viewsRAFCBLUE

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 21:00 - Nov 21 by TVOS1907

Not sure why you need to refer to Kings Lynn's website when there's a perfectly good attendances chart available at every Dale home game.

Ah...

Unfortunately, that data is not a good as this one TVOS.

https://www.thelinnets.co.uk/homeattendances.php?l=1

Or this:

https://www.thelinnets.co.uk/toptwentyattendances.php?l=1

Or this:

https://www.thelinnets.co.uk/gate.php?l=1&s=2022

Ah...

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 21:18 - Nov 21 with 1541 viewsTVOS1907

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 21:04 - Nov 21 by RAFCBLUE

Unfortunately, that data is not a good as this one TVOS.

https://www.thelinnets.co.uk/homeattendances.php?l=1

Or this:

https://www.thelinnets.co.uk/toptwentyattendances.php?l=1

Or this:

https://www.thelinnets.co.uk/gate.php?l=1&s=2022

Ah...

I think you've got a spreadsheet that's more relevant to this messageboard, but that's obviously served its purpose now.

Ironically...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 21:25 - Nov 21 with 1509 viewsRAFCBLUE

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 21:18 - Nov 21 by TVOS1907

I think you've got a spreadsheet that's more relevant to this messageboard, but that's obviously served its purpose now.

Ironically...

Don't think too hard TVOS, there's a game on....*

*unless you're trying to watch on National League TV that is.

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:20 - Nov 22 with 1186 viewsblackdogblue

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:06 - Nov 21 by dawlishdale

I’m not being negative so apologies if I come across that way.. I am being realistic… it’s a great initiative at a time when the club needs all the money it can get..

Bad planning can turn this from a good idea to a nightmare loss for the club not only financially and I’m not jusr talking £1,000’s or more. A bad experience, huge queues at bars & kiosks would put people off a return match day experience. I don’t think it will happen as been KFC Fylde & was always a friendly encounter in pre match games but no ticket restrictions could lead to home & away fans mixing… I have looked on Flyldes website & no away tickets yet…

On the Non Attendance… yep… no secret & have said on here & questions to the trust…

REMOVE.. the Club induced Smoking ban & I will go… until then no…

It’s a matter of principle ..
[Post edited 22 Nov 2023 17:28]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:28 - Nov 22 with 1172 viewsJames1980

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:20 - Nov 22 by blackdogblue

I’m not being negative so apologies if I come across that way.. I am being realistic… it’s a great initiative at a time when the club needs all the money it can get..

Bad planning can turn this from a good idea to a nightmare loss for the club not only financially and I’m not jusr talking £1,000’s or more. A bad experience, huge queues at bars & kiosks would put people off a return match day experience. I don’t think it will happen as been KFC Fylde & was always a friendly encounter in pre match games but no ticket restrictions could lead to home & away fans mixing… I have looked on Flyldes website & no away tickets yet…

On the Non Attendance… yep… no secret & have said on here & questions to the trust…

REMOVE.. the Club induced Smoking ban & I will go… until then no…

It’s a matter of principle ..
[Post edited 22 Nov 2023 17:28]

I can highly recommend Allen Carr's Easy way to Stop Smoking.

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:29 - Nov 22 with 1166 viewsblackdogblue

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:28 - Nov 22 by James1980

I can highly recommend Allen Carr's Easy way to Stop Smoking.

Fook off James 😀

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:39 - Nov 22 with 1150 viewsJames1980

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:29 - Nov 22 by blackdogblue

Fook off James 😀

And I thought I was being helpful

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:07 - Nov 22 with 1030 viewsblackdogblue

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:39 - Nov 22 by James1980

And I thought I was being helpful

I have smoked many years mate… watching the Dale is stressful as it is… in the Main Stand you go through the Racky Smoke area to get to the pub at half time… but no Smoking… it’s a life choice & I know others who feel the same ..

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 21:07 - Nov 22 with 967 viewsJames1980

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:07 - Nov 22 by blackdogblue

I have smoked many years mate… watching the Dale is stressful as it is… in the Main Stand you go through the Racky Smoke area to get to the pub at half time… but no Smoking… it’s a life choice & I know others who feel the same ..

Tbf I agree the club policy is daft regards smoking. There should be somewhere you and your fellow nicotine addicts can get your fix at half time.

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 21:17 - Nov 22 with 947 views442Dale

It was covered in the Trust newsletter in October:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/10/trust-newsletter-october/
<<“ Club have stated they would like to resolve this long-standing issue and this could include break-out areas at half time but acknowledge that smoking inside the ground cannot be allowed in any area under current legislation.
The possibility of setting up temporary areas outside the stadium will be explored but then the cost of setting this up and stewarded will be undertaken, by George and Ryan.”>>

Can understand why it’s not allowed in the area outside the back of the Dale Bar during half time as it’s not a designated area exclusive to smoking at that time, people have to walk through it to get to the bar. At other times, the entrance and exit to the bars is not through that area.

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 09:27 - Nov 23 with 821 viewsDale69er

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:34 - Nov 21 by RAFCBLUE

It’s more than 226 on that example.

There will be Employer National Insurance on the wages and of the £1 ticket fee the club will retain just 80p as the 20% VAT goes to HMRC.

There won't be any employer national insurance. Earnings not high enough.
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 12:52 - Nov 23 with 690 viewsDalenet

The real question here is.....did the £5 bring a friend offer work to attract new fans?

Well compared to the last Tuesday night home game (Gateshead) there were circa 300 more Dale fans in attendance. It helped that we won on Saturday too. How many of those extra fans were invites for £5 and how many were existing POTG fans that managed to get a fiver deal? I don't know. But an extra 300 fans on the gate on a cold Tuesday night ahead of the Christmas period was a good result I would suggest.

Now lets try and get 6,000+ for Boxing Day
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024