Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula 22:24 - Nov 21 with 5589 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Let's have some memories of the forgotten heroes(without someone satin they ain't forgotten mate)Let's share our memories without any digging on thread title or comments, Let's share the love for the ones. Gino Padula...What do you remember?

Personally I remember not rating him at first but then just seeing him as an absolute first name on the team sheet. Sliding tackles a plenty, and a delivery we wouldn't mind now...share your thoughts...
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 09:48 - Nov 24 with 1194 viewswombat

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 06:13 - Nov 23 by Midlands_Ranger

I have a brief recollection that this happened....also can't find the evidence

peterbrough wasnt it ? think he scored direct from corners when he was with us thinking about it

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 10:49 - Nov 24 with 1141 viewsslmrstid

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 09:48 - Nov 24 by wombat

peterbrough wasnt it ? think he scored direct from corners when he was with us thinking about it

I thought the one at Peterborough was Langley.

Gino barely played for the first 6 months of the season we signed him, then he was thrown in for a game against Barnsley in mid-January of that season, was an absolute monster in the game to the point the whole crowd was singing his name by the end, then he never looked back. Before our stupid mess to lose him.

That's my memories anyway! Great player for the time.
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 10:57 - Nov 24 with 1134 viewsdmm

Has Gino been inducted into ForeverRs? If not he certainly should be.
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 10:57 - Nov 24 with 1132 viewshantssi

2 things on this thread, first and most importantly your favourite cheese!
Second, didn’t Gino turn up at the play off final or something like that?
Got chatting to a Rotherham fan when we beat them away at Millmoor our first season back and couldn’t believed we’d let him go!
Great player for us and a massive personality.
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 11:00 - Nov 24 with 1130 viewsNorthernr

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 09:48 - Nov 24 by wombat

Was Hartlepool at home. Video I've posted earlier in the thread.
Langley, and later Chair, scored direct from the same corner at Peterborough.
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 11:09 - Nov 24 with 1107 viewsRs_Holy

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 10:49 - Nov 24 by slmrstid

I thought the one at Peterborough was Langley.

Gino barely played for the first 6 months of the season we signed him, then he was thrown in for a game against Barnsley in mid-January of that season, was an absolute monster in the game to the point the whole crowd was singing his name by the end, then he never looked back. Before our stupid mess to lose him.

That's my memories anyway! Great player for the time.

I remember Tom (square it) Williams was the preferred choice at the start of that season but Gino was really patient and professional about the situation and took his chance with both hands when it was presented to him.
I think it has been said by others that he was in THAT team of fantastic characters... They really cared, gelled superbly and made watching QPR (in League 1) an absolute joy...
... Sooo many brilliant memories.
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 11:17 - Nov 24 with 1095 viewsdaveB

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 11:00 - Nov 24 by Northernr

Was Hartlepool at home. Video I've posted earlier in the thread.
Langley, and later Chair, scored direct from the same corner at Peterborough.

think he did it against Dagenham in the LDV game as well with Roberts in goal for them who was our goalkeeper coach at the time
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 11:19 - Nov 24 with 1089 viewsNorthernr

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 11:17 - Nov 24 by daveB

think he did it against Dagenham in the LDV game as well with Roberts in goal for them who was our goalkeeper coach at the time

Sounds like something Roberts would do.
Login to get fewer ads

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 11:25 - Nov 24 with 1083 viewsslmrstid

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 10:57 - Nov 24 by dmm

Has Gino been inducted into ForeverRs? If not he certainly should be.

He's already in, they brought him back at a game against Forest a few years ago. We got trashed :(
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 12:02 - Nov 24 with 1051 viewsNorthernr

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 11:25 - Nov 24 by slmrstid

He's already in, they brought him back at a game against Forest a few years ago. We got trashed :(

Sounds like something we would do.
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 12:43 - Nov 24 with 1010 viewsEsox_Lucius

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 14:05 - Nov 23 by Boston

Gino today...

15 years go today his Columbus Crew team won the MLS Cup..

The grass is always greener.

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 14:05 - Nov 24 with 953 viewsw7r

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 10:31 - Nov 23 by QPunkR

Loved him as a player.

I was living in Málaga at the end of Gino's stay at LR and the very day after he got bombed out to Forest some mates were visiting me from England. One of them chose to wear his Rangers shirt and while we were sitting on the train down the coast an older gent sat next to us and pointed at my mate's shirt saying "Quins Park Erangerz?" Of course we said yes and, through lots of sign language, managed to find out that he was Gino's dad (interestingly, his Spanish was terrible - obv he's Italian but I presumed he would have picked up some lingo while in Argentina).

Of course we didn't believe him, but he pulled out a photo of a fella looking like Jesus from his wallet and it was indeed our Gino. Pepe (for I'm sure I recall that was his name) explained that Gino had never wanted to leave Rangers and was absolutely broken up about being forced out.

He gave me Gino's email address and I wrote to him in Spanish that evening thanking him for his service and saying he'd be welcome back any time, not expecting a response. However, the very next morning I checked my inbox and he had messaged me back, complete with beautiful words about how much he loves the Club and fans and would dream of returning some day. Anyway, we ended up carrying on this email conversation for some time and it turns out he was a really lovely fella.

Sorry fella, fat fingered accidental downvote
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 14:43 - Nov 24 with 934 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 11:09 - Nov 24 by Rs_Holy

I remember Tom (square it) Williams was the preferred choice at the start of that season but Gino was really patient and professional about the situation and took his chance with both hands when it was presented to him.
I think it has been said by others that he was in THAT team of fantastic characters... They really cared, gelled superbly and made watching QPR (in League 1) an absolute joy...
... Sooo many brilliant memories.

Was a hreat time to be a Rangers fan, better than the prem days that followed and all the money wasted on rubbish, redknapps and briatores and fat cats and wasters and has beens and yeah all the rest.

That league one team were there to play and to win, great times, so many good stories here about Gino not just on the pitch but off. Didn't realise he was in the forever Rs but glad he is, would of been criminal other wise.

Favourite cheese?.....Most cheese to be honest, not a cheese snob, happy with a bit of cheese on toast, so maybe a cheese slob I dunno.
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 14:52 - Nov 24 with 923 viewsR_from_afar

Redditch Hoop and I used to love him.

I recall that *The Guardian's piece on the win at Hillsborough that sent us up identified Padula's vital tackle with the score at 1-2 as a pivotal moment. Here are more details:

"Goals from leading scorers Kevin Gallen and Paul Furlong put Rangers two up with three minutes of the second half played, but the real story was about to unfold. When Terry Cooke set up Jon Shaw to score a great goal for Wednesday with just over half an hour to go, QPR were suddenly on the back foot. Wednesday piled on the pressure and, as their fans bit fingernails down to the quick, Rangers faced a real onslaught.

A goal then would have changed everything and the game turned on a superb last-ditch tackle by Rangers' Argentine full-back Gino Padula to deny Shaw and Wednesday a deserved second".
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2004/may/09/match.sport9

*Other newspapers are available.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 20:43 - Nov 24 with 819 viewsqpr_1968

a great day out,

and a lovely ball by gino straight on the toe of richard langley for the winner at ninian park.

great shot of us lot going mad on the terraces after the goal.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 10:04 - Nov 25 with 748 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 20:43 - Nov 24 by qpr_1968

a great day out,

and a lovely ball by gino straight on the toe of richard langley for the winner at ninian park.

great shot of us lot going mad on the terraces after the goal.

That first time ball in the box! Langley on the end of it! Nice
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024