Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Email from the trust about the shares. 17:55 - Feb 12 with 1301 viewsDuckegg

Expressions of interest – small quantity share purchase update
The Trust has updated the Club Board with the number of expressions of interest in purchasing small lots of shares, for which it has expressed gratitude for so many willing to purchase shares and help with a small but much appreciated cash injection into the club.

In discussing this matter, the Trust has made an offer to help with as much as possible of the administration required so that costs associated can be minimised. Within this offer was for the Trust to collect application forms and payments and transfer the cash in one lump sum, which enables payments made easier to track.

If we are to do this, we need some legal advice as to whether we can act in this capacity and not face legal action for doing so.

We hope to be able to update you by the end of this coming week.
Email from the trust about the shares. on 18:21 - Feb 12 with 1225 viewsRAFCBLUE

Other than something specifically preventing the Trust from doing this in its Articles, I can't see how there is an issue.

The Trust is effectively fronting a consortium of a number of supporters who it wish to buy shares in small quantities.

It is going to collect all the money and give the club a list of names to write out the certificates for.

It all sounds very straightfoward. I guess there might be a complication if a person wants to be a shareholder but not a Trust member using that mechanism but that isn't difficult to resolve.

Good on all involved for raising new capital.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Email from the trust about the shares. on 18:30 - Feb 12 with 1207 views442Dale

Yep great work by everyone involved. Looking to reduce barriers is an obvious positive and indicative of progressive, ‘can do’ thinking.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Email from the trust about the shares. on 18:33 - Feb 12 with 1199 viewsD_Alien

Email from the trust about the shares. on 18:21 - Feb 12 by RAFCBLUE

Other than something specifically preventing the Trust from doing this in its Articles, I can't see how there is an issue.

The Trust is effectively fronting a consortium of a number of supporters who it wish to buy shares in small quantities.

It is going to collect all the money and give the club a list of names to write out the certificates for.

It all sounds very straightfoward. I guess there might be a complication if a person wants to be a shareholder but not a Trust member using that mechanism but that isn't difficult to resolve.

Good on all involved for raising new capital.

It's not just collecting names though is it; full contact details are required, in order for the club to be able to contact shareholders with the statutory information required, e.g. notice of AGMs/EGMs

The fact that the club has fallen down on this statutory duty in the recent past is no excuse for exacerbating the problem, although of course if those in the boardroom are content with just a list of names, one can see how the problem has arisen
[Post edited 12 Feb 18:38]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Email from the trust about the shares. on 18:53 - Feb 12 with 1147 viewsblackdogblue

Get those who are not members to sign up as an option..

Say £2.50… 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Email from the trust about the shares. on 19:12 - Feb 12 with 1104 viewsRAFCBLUE

Email from the trust about the shares. on 18:33 - Feb 12 by D_Alien

It's not just collecting names though is it; full contact details are required, in order for the club to be able to contact shareholders with the statutory information required, e.g. notice of AGMs/EGMs

The fact that the club has fallen down on this statutory duty in the recent past is no excuse for exacerbating the problem, although of course if those in the boardroom are content with just a list of names, one can see how the problem has arisen
[Post edited 12 Feb 18:38]

I would have thought DA that in expressing interest then full details have been collated to be sure the interest is genuine but perhaps not.

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2024/01/small-quantity-share-purchases-expressions-o

Either way, it is good that the Trust are validating this data and I assume many subscribers will be members where the Trust already has the full contact details.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Email from the trust about the shares. on 19:23 - Feb 12 with 1075 viewsD_Alien

Email from the trust about the shares. on 19:12 - Feb 12 by RAFCBLUE

I would have thought DA that in expressing interest then full details have been collated to be sure the interest is genuine but perhaps not.

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2024/01/small-quantity-share-purchases-expressions-o

Either way, it is good that the Trust are validating this data and I assume many subscribers will be members where the Trust already has the full contact details.

Best wait to see how the legal advice goes RB

It's always a good idea not to preempt such outcomes
[Post edited 12 Feb 19:25]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024