Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meet The Board Tonight 10:15 - Jun 3 with 7041 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/62516/meet-the-board-tonigh

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Meet The Board Tonight on 15:47 - Jun 4 with 1944 viewsDrigdale

Meet The Board Tonight on 14:11 - Jun 4 by 49thseason

The best thing is that we now have the quality of Directors with Legal , Financial and Business skills that we have never really had before. The days of Pie men, Publicans and "what can I get out of it" types are truly over. The future looks decidedly brighter, there is a long and medium-term plan. and a structure within the club that is built to respond early and quickly to events that may be yet to unfold.

The next big test will be finding a home for the training pitches and community hub, I wonder if the Council will now realise its time for them to to step up?

Thank God that Simon and Richard and the others had the stones and wherewithal to keep us alive whilst getting all this over the line, gratitude seems like too small a word to describe my feelings.

With regard to the training ground is the funding to come from a separate pot provided by the Ogdens or will it come from the £2 million invested already?.
Meet The Board Tonight on 19:03 - Jun 4 with 1542 viewsWirralDale

You can also roll it in glitter
Meet The Board Tonight on 19:20 - Jun 4 with 1471 viewspioneer

Meet The Board Tonight on 14:39 - Jun 4 by D_Alien

You're absolutely right about the qualitative difference in skillsets and leadership, but what came across last night (and to which others have alluded) is the enthusiasm for the task

Taking the reins at Dale isn't just about philanthropy but also confers upon the Ogden clan an opportunity to establish a lasting legacy. Building world class businesses is one thing, and helps create the wealth that ultimately pays for all our public services, but taking Dale from the brink and building a lasting community asset should survive their current endeavours

Whilst it's right to praise the efforts and financial input over the past 3 years of SG and others, let's also hear it for those who've supported the club for decades, putting their money and support into the club over a lifetime to help keep it afloat

Yes, your last paragraph is important…and that group includes piemen and publicans who kept us in the football league for over 100 years, oversaw three promotions and several cup runs.

Its the character of the people running the club, not their professional background that matters. 49th seasons veiled swipe at past board members backgrounds is uncalled for.
Meet The Board Tonight on 07:06 - Jun 5 with 1140 viewsnordenblue

Meet The Board Tonight on 19:20 - Jun 4 by pioneer

Yes, your last paragraph is important…and that group includes piemen and publicans who kept us in the football league for over 100 years, oversaw three promotions and several cup runs.

Its the character of the people running the club, not their professional background that matters. 49th seasons veiled swipe at past board members backgrounds is uncalled for.

I read it as gone are the times folk are on the board as a drain to the club or purely for their own personal gain, not sure it was intended as a swipe at legitimate former board members who've massively helped the club out along the way, regardless of their background.
Meet The Board Tonight on 07:25 - Jun 5 with 1100 viewskel

Meet The Board Tonight on 07:06 - Jun 5 by nordenblue

I read it as gone are the times folk are on the board as a drain to the club or purely for their own personal gain, not sure it was intended as a swipe at legitimate former board members who've massively helped the club out along the way, regardless of their background.

Read it the same. I think we all know the referenced publican who benefited hugely from this club.

Horrible bloke.
Meet The Board Tonight on 09:15 - Jun 5 with 908 viewsDaleiLama

Andy Duff (in addition to his professional success referenced at MtB) very much fits the type of character you'd expect the Ogden's to want at the club.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Meet The Board Tonight on 09:17 - Jun 5 with 903 viewsDaleiLama

Meet The Board Tonight on 06:24 - Jun 4 by kel

Thought it was a great watch and can’t feel anything but positivity going forward.

One thing that stood out for me was Cameron Ogden’s praise for Simon. The bloke has taken a lot of stick (some of it justified and constructive criticism) but I hope those who felt the need to threaten him on social media are thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Even though I don’t know Mr Ogden I’ll take his opinion over those knuckle dragging halfwits every day of the week.

All of this.

Edit: without him we probably wouldn't have a club now
[Post edited 5 Jun 10:02]

Meet The Board Tonight on 10:03 - Jun 5 with 822 viewsDaleiLama

Interview with Cameron - fom the 22.25 mark

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hym7h9

Edit ........ 'this is real football'. Love it
[Post edited 5 Jun 10:10]