Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teachers 20:24 - Jun 9 with 1144 viewsraynor94

I was watching an item on the news earlier about children of infant school age are turning up in nappies as they are not toilet trained, and so called parents are asking teachers to change them.

What on earth is this Country coming to, one said she hasn't got the time, and thinks it's part of a teachers job!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Teachers on 21:03 - Jun 9 with 756 viewsGwyn737

Parents can be an issue Rayns, but over the last 14 years you have to take into account:

- closure of children’s centres
- lack of health visitors
- the wipeout of school nurses
- inability to get a GP appointments
- underfunding of free childcare places in areas of highest need.
Teachers on 21:09 - Jun 9 with 745 viewsraynor94

Teachers on 21:03 - Jun 9 by Gwyn737

Parents can be an issue Rayns, but over the last 14 years you have to take into account:

I take all of that on board, but surely a parent can make sure their child is toilet trained by 4, I can well understand accidents but not turning up in nappies

Teachers on 21:30 - Jun 9 with 713 viewsGwyn737

Teachers on 21:09 - Jun 9 by raynor94

I take all of that on board, but surely a parent can make sure their child is toilet trained by 4, I can well understand accidents but not turning up in nappies

I agree.

It’s getting worse too, along with children coming to school not speaking.
Teachers on 21:46 - Jun 9 with 689 viewsFlashberryjack

Teachers on 21:09 - Jun 9 by raynor94

Some of the parents need potty training themselves, I guess that's what happens in a nanny state.

It's always someone else's fault innit.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Teachers on 21:59 - Jun 9 with 670 viewsmajorraglan

I can understand there’d be the odd case as some kids have developmental issues, but it should be a requirement that kids are potty trained to start school.

Wifey used to work in a school until a few years ago and saw a fair bit of it. This is the result of poor parenting where the great unwashed and chavmungus are having kids when they’re barely capable of looking after themselves. It spans several generations because if a parent hasnt sorted it you’d think the grand parents would intervene.

It’s a difficult one to solve, being a parent is probably one of the most difficult things to do, there’s no qualifications, no suitability tests etc and the chavmungus can crack on with no responsibility. It’s no wonder the social services are so busy.
Teachers on 07:39 - Jun 10 with 583 viewsBoundy

So are you saying because of that list a parent cannot change a babies nappy , really ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Teachers on 07:47 - Jun 10 with 577 viewsDr_Winston

What have any of those got to do with people being too lazy or stupid to toilet train their own children?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Teachers on 09:14 - Jun 10 with 542 viewsonehunglow

Teachers on 07:47 - Jun 10 by Dr_Winston

What have any of those got to do with people being too lazy or stupid to toilet train their own children?

You make a good point.
It takes time and effort to nurture kids in the early years .
Shoving a tablet with images on it is not the way l
How many of us have seen kids at an eating place being given a tablet simply to keep them quiet.
Don’t have the time or commitment,people shouldn’t have them.But they do.
Children need and take up time

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Teachers on 09:26 - Jun 10 with 533 viewsBoundy

Teachers on 09:14 - Jun 10 by onehunglow

You make a good point.
How many of us have seen kids at an eating place being given a tablet simply to keep them quiet.

Kids also on some cases even at late primary school age cannot use a knife & fork ,a sad indictment of 14 years of Tory rule.

Teachers on 09:26 - Jun 10 with 524 viewscontroversial_jack

You make a good point.

Maybe we shouldn't start them so young. 3 or 4 is far too young. They should be at home with their parents and siblings at that age. Finland starts them at 7 as they believe there's no scientific evidence to show that kids benefit from school any earlier. They have had excellent results too, far better than our system gives
Teachers on 09:29 - Jun 10 with 530 viewsonehunglow

Teachers on 09:26 - Jun 10 by Boundy

Kids also on some cases even at late primary school age cannot use a knife & fork ,a sad indictment of 14 years of Tory rule.

Not really surprising when they eat their food on their laps glued to the telly
We couldn’t afford knives and forks ,you must have been posh

Teachers on 09:31 - Jun 10 with 521 viewscontroversial_jack

They must be Americans
Teachers on 09:54 - Jun 10 with 508 viewsraynor94

You make a good point.

Absolutely spot on!

Teachers on 09:55 - Jun 10 with 507 viewsDr_Winston

I'd hazard a guess that the majority of people with primary age children now were born and/or spent most of their development years between 1997 and 2010.

The current Government is absolutely a shambles, but a lot of the seeds of problems that we're seeing now were sown by Blair and Co. A government that told everyone about their rights and nothing about their responsibilities.

Starmer is going to have to unpick his own party's legacy in addition to that of the current Govt.
[Post edited 10 Jun 9:56]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Teachers on 10:00 - Jun 10 with 504 viewsraynor94

Booked a last minute holiday last year to Lanzarote, it turned out to be a family Hotel no problem with that.

But the thing that amazed me was how many young children up to teenagers even eating with their hands and not using cutlery

Teachers on 11:36 - Jun 10 with 468 viewscontroversial_jack

Teachers on 10:00 - Jun 10 by raynor94

Booked a last minute holiday last year to Lanzarote, it turned out to be a family Hotel no problem with that.

But the thing that amazed me was how many young children up to teenagers even eating with their hands and not using cutlery

They must have been American. Seriously, you have to eat burgers pizza etc with your hands
Teachers on 11:47 - Jun 10 with 470 viewsonehunglow

Playa blanca?

Teachers on 11:51 - Jun 10 with 467 viewsGwyn737

Teachers on 07:47 - Jun 10 by Dr_Winston

It means that those children with lazy and stupid parents suffer.

Many will struggle to catch up and will end up a massive burden on the state for years.
Teachers on 11:59 - Jun 10 with 463 viewsScotia

I've recently returned from a holidy to Lanzarote - it was a cheap last minute thing in a 3 start hotel that was occupied 99% by Brits.

I saw similar, but also a staggreing amount of neglect. My daugther stopped a toddler walking out of the entertainment room directly towards a swimming pool several times while the parents were playing bingo, they had no idea where he was. Similarly with little ones walking around the complex on their own, obviosly in proximity to the swimming pool.

Also the amount of sunburnt kids was shocking.
Teachers on 12:16 - Jun 10 with 446 viewsJumpingJackFlash

My cousin was a primary school teacher until recent retirement. She says she become more of a social worker than a teacher towards the end of her career.
Teachers on 13:08 - Jun 10 with 405 viewsGwyn737

Teachers on 12:16 - Jun 10 by JumpingJackFlash

My cousin was a primary school teacher until recent retirement. She says she become more of a social worker than a teacher towards the end of her career.

Just having my lunch.

All I've pretty much done since 7:15 this morning is safeguarding work. This is pretty typical.
Teachers on 13:36 - Jun 10 with 387 viewsBoundy

Teachers on 09:29 - Jun 10 by onehunglow

Not really surprising when they eat their food on their laps glued to the telly
We couldn’t afford knives and forks ,you must have been posh

We couldn't afford (even if they existed ) anything from a fast food "restaurant " posh was something that could never ever be aimed at us .Just brought up correctly ,never leave the table without asking and eat what was put in front of us with no exceptions

Teachers on 13:38 - Jun 10 with 385 viewsBoundy

Teachers on 11:36 - Jun 10 by controversial_jack

They must have been American. Seriously, you have to eat burgers pizza etc with your hands

That's twice you said it ,try and 3rd or 4th time and you'd still be wrong.Trying too hard again I see .

Teachers on 13:53 - Jun 10 with 378 viewsonehunglow

Teachers on 13:36 - Jun 10 by Boundy

We couldn't afford (even if they existed ) anything from a fast food "restaurant " posh was something that could never ever be aimed at us .Just brought up correctly ,never leave the table without asking and eat what was put in front of us with no exceptions

Makes one feel old doesn’t it.
“ working class” children were invariably taught manner even when families had nowt .
Fact

Teachers on 13:58 - Jun 10 with 376 viewsraynor94

Teachers on 11:47 - Jun 10 by onehunglow

Playa blanca?

Costa Teguise, I much prefer Playa Blanca

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024