Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Honesty 14:42 - Jun 15 with 598 viewsonehunglow

Is hardly ever heard

How many on here are 100% honest

Not me as it can be self incriminating and frankly dangerous

Discuss?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Honesty on 15:10 - Jun 15 with 573 viewsSullutaCreturned

Honest about what? Honest in our posting, honest in our everyday lives?

To quote Madness, I'm as honest as the day is long, the longer the daylight, the less I do wrong.
OK, I'm more honest than that but I doubt that anybody is 100% honest in everything, even Mother Theresa.
Honesty on 15:25 - Jun 15 with 565 viewsonehunglow

Honesty on 15:10 - Jun 15 by SullutaCreturned

Honest about what? Honest in our posting, honest in our everyday lives?

To quote Madness, I'm as honest as the day is long, the longer the daylight, the less I do wrong.
OK, I'm more honest than that but I doubt that anybody is 100% honest in everything, even Mother Theresa.

Your last line is how I see matters.
I am as honest as I can be in life but sometimes,it’s best not to be .
As regards posting material,it’s certainly fraught with danger and content is always available and that scares me enough to be far more circumspect than I used to be . Who can one trust ?
Who will back you up when trouble strikes ?
I don’t see lack of honesty as lying though . That does make me angry .
Let’s be careful out there

Honesty on 15:41 - Jun 15 with 561 viewsFlashberryjack

Honesty on 15:25 - Jun 15 by onehunglow

As regards posting material,it’s certainly fraught with danger and content is always available and that scares me enough to be far more circumspect than I used to be . Who can one trust ?

Being honest these days can get you in trouble.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Honesty on 15:43 - Jun 15 with 559 viewsonehunglow

Honesty on 15:41 - Jun 15 by Flashberryjack

…which is my point ,albeit made in long winded fashion.
Could be ingesting debate though.

Honesty on 15:54 - Jun 15 with 546 viewsSullutaCreturned

Honesty on 15:41 - Jun 15 by Flashberryjack

Honesty, freedom of speech, freedom, democracy, truth...any more lies to add to the list? because they don't really exist, not 100%. Not anywhere.

Cynical, yeah.
Honesty on 17:31 - Jun 15 with 492 viewsSullutaCreturned

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&ei=UTF-8&p=hone
Honesty on 18:47 - Jun 15 with 458 viewsBoundy

To be truly honest I cannot recall the last time I lied , to anyone. That doesn't make me a saint, just boring I suppose.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Honesty on 20:51 - Jun 15 with 423 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

When I was a kid I was walking home with a few mates and we popped in the newsagents and were all daring each other to nick a can of coke which we did. I was so wracked with guilt I snuck in the next day and left 60p on the counter whilst the bloke wasn’t looking.

I couldn’t bear to live with the shame of being a liar or a thief.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Login to get fewer ads

Honesty on 21:07 - Jun 15 with 417 viewsSullutaCreturned

Honesty on 18:47 - Jun 15 by Boundy

To be truly honest I cannot recall the last time I lied , to anyone. That doesn't make me a saint, just boring I suppose.

Most of us tell inconsequntial lies, things that won't make a great deal of difference besides maybe hurting someone's feelings.

We have all lied to our kids, Santa, the Easter bunny, tooth fairy etc.

Myself and my wife lie to each other at Christmas and birthdays, we haven't bought each other presents we say but we always have.

A lie doesn't have to be a big bad thing and then, there's lying by emission.

I don't remember the last big lie I told but it would be an outright lie if I said I never lied.
Honesty on 22:20 - Jun 15 with 403 viewsBoundy

Honesty on 21:07 - Jun 15 by SullutaCreturned

Most of us tell inconsequntial lies, things that won't make a great deal of difference besides maybe hurting someone's feelings.

We have all lied to our kids, Santa, the Easter bunny, tooth fairy etc.

Myself and my wife lie to each other at Christmas and birthdays, we haven't bought each other presents we say but we always have.

A lie doesn't have to be a big bad thing and then, there's lying by emission.

I don't remember the last big lie I told but it would be an outright lie if I said I never lied.

All my kids are grown up and now their kids are at an age where they no longer in Santa , I agree a lie is a lie but I must say it maybe some should be taken in context of why it was told in the first place .When you say lying by emission , do you mean omission ?
I have lied of that I'm sure but like I posted I can't remember when even a small one passed my lips

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Honesty on 01:05 - Jun 16 with 361 viewsRobbie

Honesty on 20:51 - Jun 15 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

When I was a kid I was walking home with a few mates and we popped in the newsagents and were all daring each other to nick a can of coke which we did. I was so wracked with guilt I snuck in the next day and left 60p on the counter whilst the bloke wasn’t looking.

I couldn’t bear to live with the shame of being a liar or a thief.

Nice one , work in retail now and the amount of theft and shoplifting is a plague .
Honest and genuine customers are a pleasure to meet , but distraction theives are rife .

Growing up to take something unpaid for off my local corner shop was my family name all over our small village gossip , a no brainer for me them days .

If I see a customer flusterd or confused money wise with cash , help out .

Have returned Tenners and Twenties notes found in my aisle back to Customer Services .
That money could be a lifeline to many struggling families .
Honesty on 09:53 - Jun 16 with 321 viewsonehunglow

Good debate.
Keep it going

Honesty on 10:30 - Jun 16 with 315 viewsYrAlarch

Honesty on 15:25 - Jun 15 by onehunglow

If you want to witness a lack of honesty without actually lying it's worth watching some of the witnesses in the Post Office Horizon Enquiry hearings. Remember that expression 'economical with the truth'? I cannot recall who coined it but it's very apt.
Honesty on 10:57 - Jun 16 with 300 viewsDr_Winston

Never saw much point in being generally dishonest.

Firstly it's hard work keeping your story, or stories, straight. Easier to stick to the truth. Secondly it's easier to navigate life if others know the reality of both you, your opinions and the situations that you're dealing with rather than basing their reactions on a fictional version. Thirdly, if you have a reputation for being an honest and straightforward person, when you do need to lie you'll be an awful lot more believable.

Ultimately in life we generally lie because we don't want other people to find out truths we prefer to keep hidden. If you don't give a damn what other people think then there's no real reason to do it at all.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Honesty on 11:29 - Jun 16 with 284 viewsonehunglow

Honesty on 10:30 - Jun 16 by YrAlarch

If you want to witness a lack of honesty without actually lying it's worth watching some of the witnesses in the Post Office Horizon Enquiry hearings. Remember that expression 'economical with the truth'? I cannot recall who coined it but it's very apt.

It was sickening.
The biggest scandal I can remember that hit so many hard working folk

Honesty on 23:17 - Jun 16 with 238 viewssons_of_omri

Honesty on 15:54 - Jun 15 by SullutaCreturned

Honesty, freedom of speech, freedom, democracy, truth...any more lies to add to the list? because they don't really exist, not 100%. Not anywhere.

Cynical, yeah.

The truth shall set you free. As young Joesus says carrying lies can cause enormous damage. I find it very bizarre that Islam allows lies as does Talmudic Judaism. Christianity pure most certainly does not.
Honesty on 07:52 - Jun 17 with 191 viewsSullutaCreturned

Honesty on 23:17 - Jun 16 by sons_of_omri

The truth shall set you free. As young Joesus says carrying lies can cause enormous damage. I find it very bizarre that Islam allows lies as does Talmudic Judaism. Christianity pure most certainly does not.

Yeah but there is no greater lie in this world than religion.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024