Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential update on Illias Chair... 20:57 - Jun 19 with 10355 viewsdavman

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 22:15 - Jun 20 with 2090 viewsKensalT

There is a lot I don't understand about this case. But what little we do "know" seems to come from rough and ready translations of foreign news reports.

And neither newspapers nor online translators are exactly renowned for their accuracy.

Common sense would suggest that if this really were a serious assault with a rock, in France, resulting in a skull fracture then it wouldn't take four years to reach court in another country, Chair wouldn't have been advised that he didn't need to attend court, and the prosecution wouldn't be recommending community service.

AND, even our basket case of a club would have hotshot lawyers swarming all over it if they thought there was even a chance their prize asset could end up doing le porridge!
[Post edited 20 Jun 22:18]
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 22:45 - Jun 20 with 1954 viewsHotCurrie

Denying that you were the stone wielder in the first place and then being forced to appear in court admitting you were actually the rock chucker is not a good look in any legal context. It should be a prison sentence all day long and definitely would be for you or me. The fact that Chair might one day play in the Premier League is not or should never be a defence. If I was the Judge, I would find such pleadings distasteful rather than a mitigating circumstance for leniency but I don't know the Belgian legal system.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 23:14 - Jun 20 with 1909 viewslightwaterhoop

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 22:45 - Jun 20 by HotCurrie

Denying that you were the stone wielder in the first place and then being forced to appear in court admitting you were actually the rock chucker is not a good look in any legal context. It should be a prison sentence all day long and definitely would be for you or me. The fact that Chair might one day play in the Premier League is not or should never be a defence. If I was the Judge, I would find such pleadings distasteful rather than a mitigating circumstance for leniency but I don't know the Belgian legal system.

I think Belgium prisons are full like they are here so they look for non custodial sentences if they can.He's a lucky young man and i hope he learns from it.
[Post edited 20 Jun 23:19]
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 23:17 - Jun 20 with 1902 viewscolinallcars

I told the wife Chair could be in gaol by the start of the season.
She said “I thought Begovic was in goal”
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 12:41 - Jun 21 with 1288 viewsnumptydumpty

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 17:21 - Jun 20 by 1JD

Don’t normally get involved in these kind of discussions.

But.. Throwing something at someone, be it a glass, a stone, a pebble, a rock, some hard ice, etc, in anger at someone, impulsively, has been done many a time, by many a person. It’s not much different to someone throwing a punch at someone on a drunken night out, in anger, impulsively. Happens every day of the week.

None of it is acceptable, but some get lucky and get away with it and others don’t. Doesn’t make those who get caught a monster. Just as it doesn’t make those who get away with it an angel. Let’s hope there’s been some learning on all sides.

It’s also wise to suspend judgement because we are not privy to the finer details of the case.

Agree with this.

Was at the end of a Christmas do and work colleague who seemed a reasonable and decent man at work, got involved in a fight that escalated and all sorts was going on. Drink changed that.

And remember Ben Stokes knockout punch outside a nightclub to some guy that was abusing a couple of gay men.

Ilias still fortunate but probably this hanging over him, has meant he has stayed with us.

If there is no custodial sentence, am wondering whether another club comes in for him

But yes indeed a lucky man , it seems.
[Post edited 21 Jun 12:42]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 19:30 - Jun 22 with 739 viewsGroveR

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 22:31 - Jun 19 by fraserc

so, according to that piece he confessed to the crime and might be looking at 200 hours of community service.

His lawyer stated " My client is at a turning point in his career. He hopes to secure a transfer to a club in the Premier League. You can't do that with a prison sentence or an ankle bracelet"

Maybe he is looking to move this summer

Jermaine Pennant managed pretty well with an ankle bracelet if I remember correctly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024