Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wearing the shirt…. Everyone secretly loves the Dale! 11:07 - Jul 4 with 1479 viewsHampshire_Dale

Reading with joy of the Dale shirt being proudly worn at Glastonbury made me think…. As a Dale exile in Hampshire for over 20 years now, got me wondering where other Dale fans have worn or wear their tops outside of the Dale. For me, I’ve worn my tops in many countries to show there is life outside of the Prem and have never experienced any hassle as a result. I would say down ‘er, wearing my Dale top amongst Pompey and Saints fans rarely causes issues; they are too busy hating each other! What are your stories and anecdotes of showing your colours away from home?
Wearing the shirt…. Everyone secretly loves the Dale! on 15:44 - Jul 4 with 1224 viewsBigKindo

https://rochdaleafc.co.uk/rochdale-meets-glastonbury/
Wearing the shirt…. Everyone secretly loves the Dale! on 15:49 - Jul 4 with 1215 viewsBigKindo

Didn't TVOS include the opportunity to send in pictures of Dale shirts being worn around the world? Seem to recall my sons having a picture taken at the top of the Empire State Building being published.
Wearing the shirt…. Everyone secretly loves the Dale! on 17:20 - Jul 4 with 1074 viewsDuckegg

In years gone by i have worn a replica shirt during from about 1990s to roughly 2005 in various places.
Mallorca.
Puerto Rico.
Tunisia.

Up Kinder Scout.
3 peaks challenge
Pen y gent
Around the Machars.

Possibly other places....

One surprise was that we where at Portpatrick walking from the car to the pub for some lunch when the loud chant of "UP THE DALE" came bellowing from outside the crown....
Wearing the shirt…. Everyone secretly loves the Dale! on 10:43 - Jul 5 with 772 viewsmikehunt

We had a similar thread a while ago ..... My moment was in San Francisco, waiting for a tram, when an Irish lass came up to me and said the last thing she expected to see in Frisco was a Rochdale shirt. The the tram came and that was that.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Wearing the shirt…. Everyone secretly loves the Dale! on 10:45 - Jul 5 with 759 viewsBigKindo

Wearing the shirt…. Everyone secretly loves the Dale! on 10:43 - Jul 5 by mikehunt

We had a similar thread a while ago ..... My moment was in San Francisco, waiting for a tram, when an Irish lass came up to me and said the last thing she expected to see in Frisco was a Rochdale shirt. The the tram came and that was that.

A remake of 'Brief Encounter.'?
Wearing the shirt…. Everyone secretly loves the Dale! on 12:26 - Jul 5 with 640 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Not a shirt moment but I managed to hang my Dale beach towel on a fence outside the Kensington Oval in Bridgetown in front of a statue of Wes Hall & some chap called Sobers for a photo op to the utter bemusement of the local passers by.
Wearing the shirt…. Everyone secretly loves the Dale! on 21:35 - Jul 5 with 383 viewsmikehunt

Wearing the shirt…. Everyone secretly loves the Dale! on 10:45 - Jul 5 by BigKindo

A remake of 'Brief Encounter.'?

Not quite .... it was the missus who dragged me on to the tram :-)

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024